Buh Bye Obamacare

Lol
You’re misunderstanding, people can buy whatever they want don’t give two shits but no one should be forced to buy insurance whatsoever that’s cowardly shit
Lol, Insurance is cowardly?

So I'm guessing you don't have anything as cowardly as a retirement plan either?
Lol
I have collectible firearms and knive some of which are worth more than my house...
So that would be a "no" then?
Only a fool trusts insurance

Only a fool does not have insurance.
lots of people don't want it....especially the young......you cant force them.....it's called freedom

I suppose I agree with your overall point. Our lack of clarity on whether paying for one's health care is an individual responsibility or a communal concern is a key problem. But I could never agree with the communal solution. There's really nothing more personal and private than one's physical health. The last thing I want is to see douchebags like Trump making health care decisions for my family.

How we pay for it is the problem, or more precisely how much we pay for it.

I do agree with your last sentence 100% though.

The justice department needs rebuking by congress critters....

They have chosen not to defend a law wrtten by congress and passed by congress and signed by the president of the usa.

by them unconstitutionally.... not defending it, will change the law....the justice dept essentially is MAKING LAW by not defending the law against a suit.

that's utter bull crud!

It's already unconstitutional, and was at the time of passage.

That being the case, there's no reason to defend it.
Utter bull crap!

It was deemed constitutional silly!

Lol

So I'm guessing you don't have anything as cowardly as a retirement plan either?
Lol
I have collectible firearms and knive some of which are worth more than my house...

lots of people don't want it....especially the young......you cant force them.....it's called freedom

As long as they understand that nobody will pay for their care should they have an accident or come down with a disease, then I am cool with people making that choice. I think people should be allowed to choose whether they wear seatbelts or not.

But that is not the case in our country, if one of these young folks comes down with something like Crohn's or Diabetes then you and I are paying for them, all because they were too stupid to have the foresight to be prepared. If they get into a car accident and spend 100 days in the hospital, you and I are paying for them.

That is the problem.

Lol

Lol

People who don't want it, can already not "have to buy it" because Trump via executive order, removed the mandate a while back.

this is about, unconstitutionally, through the back door, killing preexisting condition coverage....

Coincides with Trump's new plan for Healthcare, that will be rolled
out next week or the week after.

Crying Chuck is gonna be forced to come to the table...eh?

The Donald owns these fucking liberals.
You think Republicans are gonna get you healthcare?

Really?

laughter.gif

If you were a billionaire, maybe. But for the GOP base?

Not so much.

Lol

Lol

I call it knuckle dragging stupidity and ignorance calling it freedom by not having some type of national health insurance like all other first world countries have.

Lol
You’re misunderstanding, people can buy whatever they want don’t give two shits but no one should be forced to buy insurance whatsoever that’s cowardly shit

Lol
What will you do if you get cancer or need major surgery? I've asked you that before and you never answered.

Can't view it. Is it an autobiographical video you've posted?

He will of course go get the treatment he needs and we who have our insurance will pay his bills for him.

Lol

I asked him what he would do if he ever got cancer or needed major surgery, but he's never answered.

I am sure he will tell us he is a self made millionaire and does not worry about such things as he has more than enough money to cover it all
Well all conservatives are real-estate-mogul-job-creator-sniper-gun-smiths with trophy wives, big trucks, and beach houses don'tcha know.

Lol

As long as they understand that nobody will pay for their care should they have an accident or come down with a disease, then I am cool with people making that choice. I think people should be allowed to choose whether they wear seatbelts or not.

But that is not the case in our country, if one of these young folks comes down with something like Crohn's or Diabetes then you and I are paying for them, all because they were too stupid to have the foresight to be prepared. If they get into a car accident and spend 100 days in the hospital, you and I are paying for them.

That is the problem.

I'm with you 100% here.

You said that hospitals and medical cannot turn away anyone, but I am old enough to remember when that wasn't true. I don't remember where it was though, but a person was refused admission into a hospital because they didn't have insurance. They couldn't be refused to be seen in the ER, but could be if it required hospitalization. That was a really long time ago and I know things have changed

Also, I don't know what state you're in, but I'm in NC and it's mandatory to have liability insurance on any car that is on the highway. You can't get or renew a license without proof of it.

Last edited:

Those are two, entirely different, issues. This is what I meant by our goals for health care reform being confused and contradictory.

I am not sure they are as different as you think. How we pay for it has a direct impact on how much we pay for it.

We don't have an insurance problem in this country. We have a medical industry that acts like the mob by hiding pricing from consumers and a congress too fucking inept to fix the problem.

Several years ago I had to goto the ER for a broken bone. I TRIED to INSIST that I wanted to pay for the services right then and there. It was a fruitless task. They couldn't or wouldn't give me exact pricing for any of the services rendered.

When we FORCE the medical industry to publicly price individual services then competition can begin between providers and thus begin to drive down costs.

As it currently stands the medical industry is one great big monopoly. Consumers have no power

Those are two, entirely different, issues. This is what I meant by our goals for health care reform being confused and contradictory.

I am not sure they are as different as you think. How we pay for it has a direct impact on how much we pay for it.
Of course it does. These are largely contradictory problems. The biggest reason health care prices are so inflated is that we've been increasingly socializing costs.

Last edited:

That is the problem.

I'm with you 100% here.

You said that hospitals and medical cannot turn away anyone, but I am old enough to remember when that wasn't true. I don't remember where it was though, but a person was refused admission into a hospital because they didn't have insurance. They couldn't be refused to be seen in the ER, but could be if it required hospitalization. That was a really long time ago and I know things have changed

Also, I don't know what state you're in, but I'm in NC and it's mandatory to have liability insurance on any car that is on the highway. You can't get or renew a license without proof of it.
A hospital can't turn someone away. If there's a hospital.

Because the GOP ended HC subsidies, that's a lot of money no longer going to rural Republican areas. Once October comes, we'll see the damage. We will see a flurry of hospital closings in Rural areas. For many of those areas, the hospital is the largest employer. For many of those areas, unemployment will spike as hospitals shut down.

On one hand, I'll feel sorry for poor Republicans, on the other, I'll be thinking look what you did you racist fuks. You damaged your own families because we had a black guy in the White House that helped out your kids and you couldn't stop hating his blackness. Now the GOP has fuked you good. Real good. So good you may never recover.

Of course it does. That are largely contradictory problems. The biggest reason health care prices are so inflated is that we've been increasingly socializing costs.
Nonsense. It's socializing that's kept them down.

We don't have an insurance problem in this country. We have a medical industry that acts like the mob by hiding pricing from consumers and a congress too fucking inept to fix the problem.

Several years ago I had to goto the ER for a broken bone. I TRIED to INSIST that I wanted to pay for the services right then and there. It was a fruitless task. They couldn't or wouldn't give me exact pricing for any of the services rendered.

When we FORCE the medical industry to publicly price individual services then competition can begin between providers and thus begin to drive down costs.

As it currently stands the medical industry is one great big monopoly. Consumers have no power
Nobody turns down money. Peddle your bullsh!t someplace else.

That is the problem.

I'm with you 100% here.

That law changed in the 80's under Reagan.

Funny all those that are against the idea of pre-existing conditions, but God-forrbid if they ever have a child or a grandchild born with a defect that is considered a pre-existing condition and that plagues them the rest of their life, and possibly even shortens their life because they can't afford health insurance and healthcare.

Forum List

Back