Buh Bye Obamacare

How we pay for it is the problem, or more precisely how much we pay for it.

Those are two, entirely different, issues. This is what I meant by our goals for health care reform being confused and contradictory.

I am not sure they are as different as you think. How we pay for it has a direct impact on how much we pay for it.
Of course it does. That are largely contradictory problems. The biggest reason health care prices are so inflated is that we've been increasingly socializing costs.
Nonsense. It's socializing that's kept them down.

Golfing Gator - see what I mean?

Only a fool trusts insurance

Only a fool does not have insurance.
lots of people don't want it....especially the young......you cant force them.....it's called freedom

As long as they understand that nobody will pay for their care should they have an accident or come down with a disease, then I am cool with people making that choice. I think people should be allowed to choose whether they wear seatbelts or not.

But that is not the case in our country, if one of these young folks comes down with something like Crohn's or Diabetes then you and I are paying for them, all because they were too stupid to have the foresight to be prepared. If they get into a car accident and spend 100 days in the hospital, you and I are paying for them.

That is the problem.

I'm with you 100% here.

You said that hospitals and medical cannot turn away anyone, but I am old enough to remember when that wasn't true. I don't remember where it was though, but a person was refused admission into a hospital because they didn't have insurance. They couldn't be refused to be seen in the ER, but could be if it required hospitalization. That was a really long time ago and I know things have changed

Also, I don't know what state you're in, but I'm in NC and it's mandatory to have liability insurance on any car that is on the highway. You can't get or renew a license without proof of it.
A hospital can't turn someone away. If there's a hospital.

Because the GOP ended HC subsidies, that's a lot of money no longer going to rural Republican areas. Once October comes, we'll see the damage. We will see a flurry of hospital closings in Rural areas. For many of those areas, the hospital is the largest employer. For many of those areas, unemployment will spike as hospitals shut down.

On one hand, I'll feel sorry for poor Republicans, on the other, I'll be thinking look what you did you racist fuks. You damaged your own families because we had a black guy in the White House that helped out your kids and you couldn't stop hating his blackness. Now the GOP has fuked you good. Real good. So good you may never recover.

No, they can't now, but like I said, they used to be able to. Not if it was an emergency like a heart attack, but if someone went to the ER with an ailment that they should be hospitalized for, they could be turned away. Thankfully, that no longer happens. Now, the hospital and doctors write it off and we have to pay by paying higher premiums.

And, you're right about the smaller hospitals closing. They are often the first contact for emergencies in rural area and can transport patients to the bigger hospitals for life saving treatments. If they're no longer there, many lives will be lost because they're too far from a facility to save them. And, you're 100% correct about them being the largest employers.

Funny all those that are against the idea of pre-existing conditions, but God-forbid if they ever have a child or a grandchild born with a defect that is considered a pre-existing condition and that plagues them the rest of their life, and possibly even shortens their life because they can't afford health insurance and healthcare.

They don't worry about it until it affects them, then it's too late.

Do you know that your family history can go against you too? My mother died from lung cancer and almost all of her brothers and sisters died from one sort of cancer or another. That would be held against me if I had to get individual insurance back in the day. Fortunately, before I retired, I had insurance through my employer. I worked for a major airline, so we had a pretty good plan because there were thousands of employees. And, as someone said pages back, group company insurance excluded pre-existing conditions. Now I have Medicare supplement via AARP United Health Care and it covers all of us old folks health problems.

I wonder what will be the next thing to go. Not allowing parents to keep their children on their policies until they turn 26 will be next I think.

Funny all those that are against the idea of pre-existing conditions, but God-forbid if they ever have a child or a grandchild born with a defect that is considered a pre-existing condition and that plagues them the rest of their life, and possibly even shortens their life because they can't afford health insurance and healthcare.

Do you know that your family history can go against you too? My mother died from lung cancer and almost all of her brothers and sisters died from one sort of cancer or another. That would be held against me if I had to get individual insurance back in the day. Fortunately, before I retired, I had insurance through my employer. I worked for a major airline, so we had a pretty good plan because there were thousands of employees. And, as someone said pages back, group company insurance excluded pre-existing conditions. Now I have Medicare supplement via AARP United Health Care and it covers all of us old folks health problems.

I wonder what will be the next thing to go. Not allowing parents to keep their children on their policies until they turn 26 will be next I think.
Cats and dogs. Living together!

Not to mention the pre-existing conditions affect women more than men. There are certain female health issues that are pretty common, that could be considered pre-existing conditions.

"Under the American Health Care Act — also referred to as Trumpcare — things like pregnancy, having had a c-section, menstrual irregularities, and hysterectomies could all potentially increase a woman’s insurance premiums. But what about specific chronic health conditions that only affect women? Is endometriosis a pre-existing condition under the AHCA?"

Is Endometriosis A Pre-Existing Condition?

OF COURSE it's unconstitutional. Only the dumbest among us (liberals) would "think" otherwise. This was a VERY EXPENSIVE experiment. For one thing, States and feds will have to revamp their computer systems that took years and BILLIONS to develop. All because Obama was a hack POTUS.

The next thing that needs to happen is all the laws forcing medical facilities and personnel to provide care and products to those who cannot pay need to be removed from the books.

Anyone that chooses not to have insurance should either pay cash or be sent away...no matter their condition

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Even the THUGS who get shot in the street?

Who cares? Health Insurance and Health Care in general ARE NOT Rights.
In my country they are. How many should die?

We're not in your country, so why do you care? Furthermore, you ask how many should die, yet the statistics show you have better odds of surviving a serious illness or condition in our country than in yours. We don't have to wait six months to see a doctor.
You need to provide the stats and prove I have to wait six month for a doctor. We have to improve - ban all the money making from the health care and treatment sectors. What is being earned only increases the patients´ costs. I support a single government insurance.
You can keep that shit to yourselves, Most Americans want no part of it
That´s up to you. But I am pretty sure the lower third of the Americans welcome it.
They love fking free stuff. They’re lazy and pathetic, you believe in them which makes you pathetic as well . You have no fking class

Who cares? Health Insurance and Health Care in general ARE NOT Rights.
In my country they are. How many should die?

We're not in your country, so why do you care? Furthermore, you ask how many should die, yet the statistics show you have better odds of surviving a serious illness or condition in our country than in yours. We don't have to wait six months to see a doctor.
You need to provide the stats and prove I have to wait six month for a doctor. We have to improve - ban all the money making from the health care and treatment sectors. What is being earned only increases the patients´ costs. I support a single government insurance.
stay where you are then. no need to interfere in our business eh?
The other way round and its - anti-americanism.
You don’t participate jack, ain’t your business.

I have a sneaking suspicion that many of the "Conservatives" on this forum that constantly complain about "free government shit," are probably some of the biggest welfare queens there are. They just haven't screwed up like Odium did, and admit it.

That´s largely the same here. Obamacare is certainly not a good solution but maybe a step towards the right direction.

Only it wasn't.
It was a step in the wrong direction.
Millions of people Blie...working people...people who had health insurance for years (I am one of them).... LOST.... insurance due to Obamacare allowing companies under so many employees to not have to provide coverage.
But.... people without jobs got insurance. You want to say that was the right direction?
SO I was on Obamacare for 7 worthless months. I paid $640/mo just for me, with a ridiculous $6500 deductible. Because I qualified for no "assistance".
Thank God I am now covered by my wife...where we pay $440 for BOTH of us with a $1500 deductible.
Yeah...Obamacare is great.
NOT.
That fk ain’t got nothing to say, he didn’t have to live with obammyfail he is just an antagonist

Urban America does not represent America

Americans pay a significant amount more on healthcare than any country in the World, and yet we don't live longer.

The problem is Individualists they are hardly even Human, they don't think much at all, if they do it's always about themselves only.

F*ck Individualists I care about society, obviously Individualists just care about "Me,Mine, and Now"
Keep your collective to yourself the rest of us want nothing to do with it

If the majority benefit significantly, it's therefor beneficial for the society.

Only really f*cked up Individualists disagree, and think it's better for Americans to pay more for healthcare, or even die from treatable conditions.

That this is somehow part of patriotic America.

Letting your fellow Americans pay more, or die when it comes to healthcare, is outright ridiculous.

Individualists don't belong in any kind of civilized society, they are probably not even Human.
Lol
Says someone who trusts the collective...

Collectivists care about society, all Individualists care about is themselves.

I certainly don't want my people to be replaced by Third-World riff-raffs, or dying from lack of healthcare.

All Individualists think of is "Me, mine, and now" a totally revolting ideology.
Then why do you care what we do?

The next thing that needs to happen is all the laws forcing medical facilities and personnel to provide care and products to those who cannot pay need to be removed from the books.

Anyone that chooses not to have insurance should either pay cash or be sent away...no matter their condition

Repeal EMTALA.

It will never happen because we don’t have the stomach to see people dying outside of a hospital for lack of the ability to pay

Catholic charities

We don't have an insurance problem in this country. We have a medical industry that acts like the mob by hiding pricing from consumers and a congress too fucking inept to fix the problem.

Several years ago I had to goto the ER for a broken bone. I TRIED to INSIST that I wanted to pay for the services right then and there. It was a fruitless task. They couldn't or wouldn't give me exact pricing for any of the services rendered.

When we FORCE the medical industry to publicly price individual services then competition can begin between providers and thus begin to drive down costs.

As it currently stands the medical industry is one great big monopoly. Consumers have no power
Nobody turns down money. Peddle your bullsh!t someplace else.
No need to make up a bullshit uninformed argument tard.

Cats and dogs. Living together!

?????? WTF???

Welcome to TrumpCare. Skyrocketing to record high costs in every neighborhood! Making America Bankrupt and Sick Again.

Karma's a bitch.
If you worked and showered occasionally, you wouldn't get so sick or bankrupt

One can be fully employed and still go bankrupt over medical bills.

My son spent 3.5 hours in the ER two weeks ago after an accident and the bill sent by just the ER to our insurance was more then 24 grand. For 3 hours.

Anyone without insurance will just not pay and the hospital will pass the cost on to the insurance companies and anyone with insurance will pay more

Well your son shouldn't pay SHIT if that is the case

Who wonders the US health care is rated worse than Mexico´s or Turkey´s? The system forces people into criminality.
Socialize medicine sucks just ask the British
Watch here for an example:
U5YMR: USA, Germay 1960 - Today
You keep your socialized medicine… We don’t want nothing to do with it
dude, they pay double gas prices for that free healthcare. wow. I fill my two cars every ten days that's about 36 times a year. So if my price for a fill up is 30 dollars for ten gallons, it is 60 dollars in germany. so 30 time 36 x 2 is $2,160 more a year I'd pay. Riding local services is also more expensive.
I bet your health insurance is more than 2160 year

Yep! I pulled one example

Repeal EMTALA.

It will never happen because we don’t have the stomach to see people dying outside of a hospital for lack of the ability to pay

Catholic charities

You keep beating that drum, and it is bull shit every time.

Forum List

Back