Buh Bye Obamacare

They need nine Democrats. Fk I hate leftists stupid
Why isn't you can't tell me what are the good provisions in Trumpcare that will lower costs for everyone, improve coverage, expand the amount of people covered and guarantee people with pre-existing conditions be covered?

Because that is what Trump campaigned on -- or did he lie?

Guess what insurance plan STILL won't turn down people with pre-existing conditions?

Here is where I have a problem. Liberals often believe they are the smartest people on the planet and should be in power / position to make such decisions for everyone else.
I'll take self projection for 800 Alex!

In this system under these conditions, for example, Infants / the extremely young children and elderly people are, as they say, 'SOL' - NO care.
Something Paul Ryan wacks off to three times a week I am sure

growing social program debt and that it will FAIL. Our Health Care system, in that capacity, is much like Social Security - it will FAIL under the weight of all the poor choices, crimes, times they saw the problem but kicked the can down the road until they run out of road.
This didn't stop Ayn Rand from collecting it -- the conservative mantra will always be "I deserve it" -- those darkies don't -- so lets demonize them as leeches for benefiting from something that we proudly benefit from ourselves -- because after all, I deserved it, they didn't. Also, the two most successful and popular programs are also the most attacked and lied on programs for a reason -- because they work and refute all the conservative/libertarian psycho-babble.

The rest of the garbage you typed doesn't even warrant a response -- and as much as you like to blame Democrats -- Democrats didn't campaign on repealing Obamacare and replacing it with something more affordable, would provide better coverage -- and cover more people

I wonder who campaigned on that? Hmmmmm
Sick human

They need nine Democrats. Fk I hate leftists stupid
Why isn't you can't tell me what are the good provisions in Trumpcare that will lower costs for everyone, improve coverage, expand the amount of people covered and guarantee people with pre-existing conditions be covered?

Because that is what Trump campaigned on -- or did he lie?

Guess what insurance plan STILL won't turn down people with pre-existing conditions?
Do you know or not?

Do you know or not?

If you are whining about democrats not voting in favor of something they are adamantly opposed to -- then you have less of an understanding of policy making than Trump does.

So I will ask you again because you keep deflecting -- what are the provisions in Trumpcare that will ensure people with pre-existing conditions get AFFORDABLE coverage?? As Trump claimed his plan would do -- even tho of course, Trump never had any involvement in this plan

I thought it said the mandate was unConstitutional, not Obamacare... and what difference does the mandate mean now? I thought they got rid of it last year?
Healthcare is not a right so Obamacare is unconstitutional

There is nothing in the Constitution that prohibits it so it is constitutional.
You can not force people to buy something...that is unconstitutional

Every knows this, so while Obama said it was not a tax...the Supreme Court said it was in order to avoid striking it down....

Progressive ideas and rules do not suit rural America, In fact it’s a cancer. The collective is an evil concept

Is that why so many rural states get Obamacare subsidies. Helping people has nothing to do with the collective. That is what insurance is about.
Weakness is contagious, resistance to the collective is what’s best for rural America...

You live in a bad sci-fi movie. You are a looney tune who would be locked away in a rubber room if involuntary confinement were allowed.
Na, Rural America does not need a nanny state...

Is that why rural America takes the subsidies. Give them up if you are opposed to Obamacare.
What farm subsidies?

... Obama will go down in history as the feckless centrist who tried too hard to please everyone.

Obama tried too hard to please his base. ACA was a strictly partisan vote. Obama gave up on consensus and signed it into law anyway, knowing that half the country hated it. That was his failure. That's why we got Trump.

Every Republican vote was a strictly partisan vote. People are tired of partisanship. They support Obamacare but they realize it needs to be fixed. They want the parties to work together and fix it. That is why many Republican moderates will be replaced by Democrat moderates.
They do not support Obamacare and never have.
It was force on people....and was a giant failure

Obama said he would not raise taxes on the Middle Class as he presented Obamacare as something other than a tax.

However, when it got to SCOTUS they said it had to be a tax to be somewhat Constitutional, so they said it was one even though it was presented as something other than a tax.

Now that the GOP ended the mandate it can no loner be a tax, so away it goes.

Obamacare ended up being the largest tax on the Middle class in US history.

Now Dims will have to sell the Single payer system to the country, probably as anything but a tax, once more.

The ACA was funded without taxing the Middle Class.

Where is Trump's plan? over 500 days & he hasx presented nothing to replace the ACA.
Uh, yes it was, perm,iums and deductibles skyrocketed under Obama care. I not only saw the news reports, I saw my own premiums and deductibles go way up.....fuck Obamacare

They are skyrocketing even more under Republicans. Even Tom Price who was the head of HHS under Trump says getting rid of the mandate will cause rates to go up even more.
It wasn't this way BEFORE Obamacare...now we have to fix this shit...but get no help from democrats.....who apparently love to see people suffer.

we will fix it...but we cant override a filibuster.

It always was.

'Awesome'? I would not call it that. I would call it anything BUT 'awesome'.

Democrats DESTROYED the previous system of health care insurance and replaced it with Obamacare, quietly admitting the whole time - as Harry Reid did - that it was a temporary stepping-stone to 'Single Payer'. Reid added a year or so after it was passed that it was 'designed to fail' but that it was failing way earlier than they had hoped.

There is nothing in place to go to if Obamacare either dies or dissolves. That doesn't bother Democrats that much because they wanted to 'HERD' the American people into 'Single Payer' anyway, stripping them of more choice, more control, and into more of the role of being a controlled 'sheep'.

Once again the politicians (Democrats especially, declared, 'Hi, I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help' (10 of the scariest words you will ever hear), they created the PROBLEM 1st, then come up with the solution (that is almost always worse than the problem they created and definitely worse than we had it before they showed up to begin with).

So, NO...I am not surprised, but this is not 'awesome'.

The fact is that the system had huge problems. More people were unable to buy insurance so they waited until their were sicker and it became more expensive when they visited the emergency room and were unable to pay. That was being passed to paying customers. People were gaming the system and not buying insurance when they were healthy and then buying insurance when they got sick. That was passed on to paying customers.

The fact is that Republicans did not have a plan to counter Obamacare. They had 8 years to come up with one and still do not have one.

The fact is that Obamacare did work. The number of people who have insurance has increased. The question becomes how to fix other aspects of it. The question is how to fix it not rto tell people with pre-existing conditions to drop dead which is what people like you are advocating.
They do, they have a ton of them.
The biggest problem with insurance is people cant pick it like they do car insurance. it would be much cheaper if they could. That's one of the reasons to remove the state rules which pick which can and can not insure within the state.

Still uninformed

Why did Trumpcare fail? because of Democrats?

So a party that was not in power caused the other party's main campaign mission to fail?

What was some of your favorite provisions in Trumpcare that doesn't result in you saying "Trump good, Obama bad"??

Opinion | Now that Trumpcare has failed, it’s time to drop all the lies
yes it's called a filibuster...are you retarded or do you not know how the government works.

H.R.1628 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): American Health Care Act of 2017

House Passes Measure to Repeal and Replace the Affordable Care Act

House passed it...the senate couldn't, it was filibustered......ie the democrats are holding it up....

When did the DOJ get nominated and approved to be on the Supreme Court. That is not their call to make. The contention is that the protection for people with pre-existing conditions is unconstitutional which we know is a bunch of horse manure.

No, the contention is the whole damn law is unconstitutional. It should have been sent back to congress the first time it was heard. Judicial misconduct is not justification for the DOJ to defend an unconstitutional law.

Who made you the final arbiter of judicial misconduct. Please tell me when you were appointed and confirmed. The law was declared constitutional by the Supreme Court so it is constitutional whether you like it or not.

You're clueless when it comes to the law and the Constitution. Only congress can allow the court to sever portions of a law from unconstitutional provisions. That authorization was not included in the ACA. That means the court allowed a law to go into effect in a form the congress never passed and the president never signed. That's as unconstitutional as it gets, the court has no legislative authority.

BTW that was the exact reasoning the court used in saying a president couldn't have a line item veto.

You are in no position to make that judgement. You seem to think you have some special position that allows you to make judgements. Republicans are relying on a judge to legislate from the bench. That seems okay to you.

Wow. You do realize that Roberts "legislated" from the bench, right? The Gov was arguing that it wasn't a tax, he decided it WAS a tax and thus it the mandate was "Constitutional".

I don't agree that the mandate was unconstitutional whether it was a tax or not. The mandate had a reason for being and it was to prevent freeloaders from gaming the system. They refuse to buy insurance when they are healthy and then buy insurance when they are sick then drop it when they are healthy. They commit a fraud on the system. The mandate was created by a conservative Heritage Foundation to lower insurance costs.

No, the contention is the whole damn law is unconstitutional. It should have been sent back to congress the first time it was heard. Judicial misconduct is not justification for the DOJ to defend an unconstitutional law.

Who made you the final arbiter of judicial misconduct. Please tell me when you were appointed and confirmed. The law was declared constitutional by the Supreme Court so it is constitutional whether you like it or not.

You're clueless when it comes to the law and the Constitution. Only congress can allow the court to sever portions of a law from unconstitutional provisions. That authorization was not included in the ACA. That means the court allowed a law to go into effect in a form the congress never passed and the president never signed. That's as unconstitutional as it gets, the court has no legislative authority.

BTW that was the exact reasoning the court used in saying a president couldn't have a line item veto.

You are in no position to make that judgement. You seem to think you have some special position that allows you to make judgements. Republicans are relying on a judge to legislate from the bench. That seems okay to you.

Wow. You do realize that Roberts "legislated" from the bench, right? The Gov was arguing that it wasn't a tax, he decided it WAS a tax and thus it the mandate was "Constitutional".

I don't agree that the mandate was unconstitutional whether it was a tax or not. The mandate had a reason for being and it was to prevent freeloaders from gaming the system. They refuse to buy insurance when they are healthy and then buy insurance when they are sick then drop it when they are healthy. They commit a fraud on the system. The mandate was created by a conservative Heritage Foundation to lower insurance costs.
Sure it was . Figures you don’t see that.

Yes, it so great to deny people with pre-existing conditions the ability to healthcare insurance, now the taxpayers can foot the bill through Medicaid...
Well tell the democrats to come to the table and lets hash out a good law...not have one ram-rodded down our throats.
Dude, Democrats never negotiate, it’s their way or no way

Meanwhile, out here in reality, health care costs continue to skyrocket.

Gee, good thing Trump is doing NOTHING about it! Good thing he is only putting on theater for the credulous rubes.

No it is a word to mean they applied and had their request denied.

It is a common word, something even low IQ people like you all should know the meaning of.

I don't buy it. I've been around the block a couple times, and I've seen how these games are played. It's like the "letting them die" nonsense. It's all word games to get people emotionally involved, so they're not thinking clearly.

Another good one is when they talk about "access to health care", instead of just "health care". The idea is to evoke the sense that people are being unfairly excluded from something.
It is also a fact. And this was the GOP plan! Speaking of Obama trying 2 compromise with scumbag GOP. Enjoy people dying while healthcare costs in the US pass 18% of GDP. About twice as much as other successful countries, 6% more than number one in healthcare, France.
Amazing dramatics!!!! :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Yes, but that wasn't the discussion, it was what SHOULD happen.....

Are you saying what should happen is those that can’t pay get no care?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
yes, get insurance, if not, you gotta pay directly.......

So. What you are saying is that someone that is denied insurance and does not have the money to pay the bill should receive no care at all?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
denied? what do you mean by that?

Here is an example,

John Jacobs graduates college with a nice degree and goes to work for a small company that does not provide health insurance but offers him a nice salary of 30 grand a year. Mr Jacobs then goes to an insurance company and applies for medical insurance coverage. They look at his medical record and go "oh ,you have Type-1 diabetes, so we are forced to deny your application for insurance. Mr Jacobs goes to 10 other companies and they all tell him the same thing

Since he does not have insurance he chooses to use cheap WalMart insulin and 2 months later ends in the ER due to hyperglycemia. He is rushed to the hospital where they discover he has no insurance and does not have the available means to cover the ER visit or the 2 to 3 day stay that normally accompanies such an event.

At this point, should the hospital tell him to leave since he does not have the means to pay?
That isn’t what happens. Ever have a pre-existing condition?

Forum List

Back