Buh Bye Obamacare

I'll quote because this is exactly how I feel about stupid Obamacare, the idiotic Obama legacy and the whole nightmare that was this traitor.:mad-61:

- "Future generations will look back on the Obama years just like we look back on the Great Depression - a tragic period in American History"-
No evidence of being a traitor... Do you know who started that depression? And the wreckage in the Middle East? Obama was fine but totally obstructed.

... Obama will go down in history as the feckless centrist who tried too hard to please everyone.

Obama tried too hard to please his base. ACA was a strictly partisan vote. Obama gave up on consensus and signed it into law anyway, knowing that half the country hated it. That was his failure. That's why we got Trump.

Every Republican vote was a strictly partisan vote. People are tired of partisanship. They support Obamacare but they realize it needs to be fixed. They want the parties to work together and fix it. That is why many Republican moderates will be replaced by Democrat moderates.

Well, we've heard that before. 2014, 2016......

Keep dreaming.

I'm not tired of partisanship and it appears that the top democratic leaders aren't either.

Or do you think cocksucker Schumer is really neutral ?
Try and remain calm, hater dupe. We will see in November.

And ObamaCare was the GOP plan supposedly... You dupes are unbelievable. Going back to the GOP scam plan will not be popular...
Republicans thought it up. Democrats made it happen. Who's more to blame? Does it really matter? Let's let bygones be bygones and just agree that Democrats and Republicans both suck.

And ObamaCare was the GOP plan supposedly... You dupes are unbelievable. Going back to the GOP scam plan will not be popular...
Republicans thought it up. Democrats made it happen. Who's more to blame? Does it really matter? Let's let bygones be bygones and just agree that Democrats and Republicans both suck.
Strangely GOP is always on the bad side of every issue... And have all the fake news.

Strangely GOP is always on the bad side of every issue... And have all the fake news.
Obviously we really need Democrats in control for a good long while... Investing in America after making the rich pay their fair share for God's sake, good health care daycare minimum wage vacations... ID card!! That every other modern country has. And if you didn't know it's the GOP that blocks all that... Legal pot... Good infrastructure.

All this hand wringing is really funny. What you folks fail to understand is this is nothing but a legal issue. Does the US Constitution rule the day or not?

Let's look at a little background here. Normally congress inserts a clause into pretty much every bill that says, if any portion of a law is found unconstitutional, that portion of the law can be severed form the law and the remainder would still stand. Well the commiecrats in their zeal to pass this law, failed to include that technical provision.

As I have contended form day one, the moment any portion of the law was found unconstitutional, the law in its entirety should have been declared as unconstitutional and returned to congress. The Roberts court ignored this when they originally found several portions of the the law unconstitutional and allowed the remainder of the law to stand with no congressional authorization to do so.

The DOJ is simply saying they will not support a law, that has no severance clause, to be enforced in part without congressional authorization. That's exactly how it's supposed to work.

When did the DOJ get nominated and approved to be on the Supreme Court. That is not their call to make. The contention is that the protection for people with pre-existing conditions is unconstitutional which we know is a bunch of horse manure.

No, the contention is the whole damn law is unconstitutional. It should have been sent back to congress the first time it was heard. Judicial misconduct is not justification for the DOJ to defend an unconstitutional law.

Who made you the final arbiter of judicial misconduct. Please tell me when you were appointed and confirmed. The law was declared constitutional by the Supreme Court so it is constitutional whether you like it or not.

You're clueless when it comes to the law and the Constitution. Only congress can allow the court to sever portions of a law from unconstitutional provisions. That authorization was not included in the ACA. That means the court allowed a law to go into effect in a form the congress never passed and the president never signed. That's as unconstitutional as it gets, the court has no legislative authority.

BTW that was the exact reasoning the court used in saying a president couldn't have a line item veto.

You are in no position to make that judgement. You seem to think you have some special position that allows you to make judgements. Republicans are relying on a judge to legislate from the bench. That seems okay to you.

... Obama will go down in history as the feckless centrist who tried too hard to please everyone.

Obama tried too hard to please his base. ACA was a strictly partisan vote. Obama gave up on consensus and signed it into law anyway, knowing that half the country hated it. That was his failure. That's why we got Trump.

Every Republican vote was a strictly partisan vote. People are tired of partisanship. They support Obamacare but they realize it needs to be fixed. They want the parties to work together and fix it. That is why many Republican moderates will be replaced by Democrat moderates.

Keep dreaming.

I'm not tired of partisanship and it appears that the top democratic leaders aren't either.

Voters want the law fixed. They do not want it repealed. Schumer is wrong but he is closer to what voters want than Republicans are.

All this hand wringing is really funny. What you folks fail to understand is this is nothing but a legal issue. Does the US Constitution rule the day or not?

Let's look at a little background here. Normally congress inserts a clause into pretty much every bill that says, if any portion of a law is found unconstitutional, that portion of the law can be severed form the law and the remainder would still stand. Well the commiecrats in their zeal to pass this law, failed to include that technical provision.

As I have contended form day one, the moment any portion of the law was found unconstitutional, the law in its entirety should have been declared as unconstitutional and returned to congress. The Roberts court ignored this when they originally found several portions of the the law unconstitutional and allowed the remainder of the law to stand with no congressional authorization to do so.

The DOJ is simply saying they will not support a law, that has no severance clause, to be enforced in part without congressional authorization. That's exactly how it's supposed to work.

When did the DOJ get nominated and approved to be on the Supreme Court. That is not their call to make. The contention is that the protection for people with pre-existing conditions is unconstitutional which we know is a bunch of horse manure.

No, the contention is the whole damn law is unconstitutional. It should have been sent back to congress the first time it was heard. Judicial misconduct is not justification for the DOJ to defend an unconstitutional law.

Who made you the final arbiter of judicial misconduct. Please tell me when you were appointed and confirmed. The law was declared constitutional by the Supreme Court so it is constitutional whether you like it or not.

You're clueless when it comes to the law and the Constitution. Only congress can allow the court to sever portions of a law from unconstitutional provisions. That authorization was not included in the ACA. That means the court allowed a law to go into effect in a form the congress never passed and the president never signed. That's as unconstitutional as it gets, the court has no legislative authority.

BTW that was the exact reasoning the court used in saying a president couldn't have a line item veto.

You are in no position to make that judgement. You seem to think you have some special position that allows you to make judgements. Republicans are relying on a judge to legislate from the bench. That seems okay to you.

You poor little thing, you might want to try reading the Constitution. A judge ruling on the validity of a law is much different than a court actually rewriting a law, which the supremes did to maobamacare multiple times. You only need read the first couple of sentences of the Constitution to know what the right thing is. Try it, you might learn something.

LOLO......poor poor poor white trash can's, just can't adjust to the fact, the biggest beneficiaries of ACA....was poor poor poor white trashies...you people are too gotdamned dumb for words!!

As percent of population?
What difference does it make, how many nuts you are, you nuts are just stupid

Your claim is that whites are biggest beneficiaries. Percentages are proving they're not.

The same is with crime rate, fatherless homes and kids, drug usage, education, or almost any other statistic.

Prove me wrong.

Only the ill educated asks someone to prove a negative.

It always was.

'Awesome'? I would not call it that. I would call it anything BUT 'awesome'.

Democrats DESTROYED the previous system of health care insurance and replaced it with Obamacare, quietly admitting the whole time - as Harry Reid did - that it was a temporary stepping-stone to 'Single Payer'. Reid added a year or so after it was passed that it was 'designed to fail' but that it was failing way earlier than they had hoped.

There is nothing in place to go to if Obamacare either dies or dissolves. That doesn't bother Democrats that much because they wanted to 'HERD' the American people into 'Single Payer' anyway, stripping them of more choice, more control, and into more of the role of being a controlled 'sheep'.

Once again the politicians (Democrats especially, declared, 'Hi, I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help' (10 of the scariest words you will ever hear), they created the PROBLEM 1st, then come up with the solution (that is almost always worse than the problem they created and definitely worse than we had it before they showed up to begin with).

So, NO...I am not surprised, but this is not 'awesome'.

The fact is that the system had huge problems. More people were unable to buy insurance so they waited until their were sicker and it became more expensive when they visited the emergency room and were unable to pay. That was being passed to paying customers. People were gaming the system and not buying insurance when they were healthy and then buying insurance when they got sick. That was passed on to paying customers.

The fact is that Republicans did not have a plan to counter Obamacare. They had 8 years to come up with one and still do not have one.

The fact is that Obamacare did work. The number of people who have insurance has increased. The question becomes how to fix other aspects of it. The question is how to fix it not rto tell people with pre-existing conditions to drop dead which is what people like you are advocating.

It worked so well insurers couldn't get out of it fast enough.

Wow. You do realize that Roberts "legislated" from the bench, right? The Gov was arguing that it wasn't a tax, he decided it WAS a tax and thus it the mandate was "Constitutional".

You don't even read the quotes you respond do, do you?

Keep dreaming.

Voters want the law fixed. They do not want it repealed. Schumer is wrong but he is closer to what voters want than Republicans are.

Voters want a contradiction. They don't want the mandate, but they want guaranteed issue. We need leaders that lead - that will tell people when their desires aren't realistic.

Last edited:

I am so glad that pre-existing conditions are no longer required to be covered -- Now insurance can do the right thing and price their plans appropriately ---

if you have a pre-existing condition and can't afford -- you have the freedom to get charities or rely on family members to help you get treatment -- if not, oh well -- maybe if you worked harder, you wouldn't be in this position.

I may be open to children with pre-existing conditions receiving govt assistance but the more I think about it -- I think only certain children who are worthy should receive it.
It’s funny. You have no clue to what you’re talking about

I am so glad that pre-existing conditions are no longer required to be covered -- Now insurance can do the right thing and price their plans appropriately ---

if you have a pre-existing condition and can't afford -- you have the freedom to get charities or rely on family members to help you get treatment -- if not, oh well -- maybe if you worked harder, you wouldn't be in this position.

I may be open to children with pre-existing conditions receiving govt assistance but the more I think about it -- I think only certain children who are worthy should receive it.

That's nice, meanwhile Republicans once again de-stabilize the market and screw people. ZERO in terms of fixing anything.
They need nine Democrats. Fk I hate leftists stupid

Still uninformed

Why did Trumpcare fail? because of Democrats?

So a party that was not in power caused the other party's main campaign mission to fail?

What was some of your favorite provisions in Trumpcare that doesn't result in you saying "Trump good, Obama bad"??

Opinion | Now that Trumpcare has failed, it’s time to drop all the lies
Yes! See trump needs nine Democrats. You should learn how the senate works if you like to banter!

The REPUBLICANS are the @$$HOLES who are creating the problem.

They sure are!

But here's what I don't get. The Democrats turned health care into a political concern. They created sweeping new authority for the federal government to dictate terms on our health care. And now the Republicans are back in power, fucking it all up...

I guess I just have to ask, what the hell did they think would happen??? Seriously, did they think that no asshole would ever again get elected to public office? So, now here we are with Donald Trump making crucial decisions about health care. Thanks Obama, indeed.

* crickets *

Forum List

Back