Buh Bye Obamacare

... Obama will go down in history as the feckless centrist who tried too hard to please everyone.

Obama tried too hard to please his base. ACA was a strictly partisan vote. Obama gave up on consensus and signed it into law anyway, knowing that half the country hated it. That was his failure. That's why we got Trump.

Every Republican vote was a strictly partisan vote. People are tired of partisanship. They support Obamacare but they realize it needs to be fixed. They want the parties to work together and fix it. That is why many Republican moderates will be replaced by Democrat moderates.

Well, we've heard that before. 2014, 2016......

Keep dreaming.

I'm not tired of partisanship and it appears that the top democratic leaders aren't either.

Or do you think cocksucker Schumer is really neutral ?

Voters want the law fixed. They do not want it repealed. Schumer is wrong but he is closer to what voters want than Republicans are.

Yeah, that's why the GOP has the house and senate....oh wait.

And ObamaCare was the GOP plan supposedly... You dupes are unbelievable. Going back to the GOP scam plan will not be popular...
Republicans thought it up. Democrats made it happen. Who's more to blame? Does it really matter? Let's let bygones be bygones and just agree that Democrats and Republicans both suck.
Strangely GOP is always on the bad side of every issue... And have all the fake news.

And have all the power.

Sucks to be you.

... Obama will go down in history as the feckless centrist who tried too hard to please everyone.

Obama tried too hard to please his base. ACA was a strictly partisan vote. Obama gave up on consensus and signed it into law anyway, knowing that half the country hated it. That was his failure. That's why we got Trump.

Every Republican vote was a strictly partisan vote. People are tired of partisanship. They support Obamacare but they realize it needs to be fixed. They want the parties to work together and fix it. That is why many Republican moderates will be replaced by Democrat moderates.

Keep dreaming.

I'm not tired of partisanship and it appears that the top democratic leaders aren't either.

Voters want the law fixed. They do not want it repealed. Schumer is wrong but he is closer to what voters want than Republicans are.

Voters want a contradiction. They don't want the mandate, but they want guaranteed issue. We need leaders that lead - that will tell people when their desires aren't realistic.

We need leaders who will tell the facts. We pay a lot of money for health care. At last check we were....get this....10,000 per person per year.

That means...that on average....a family of four consumes 40,000 in health care.

Which isn't the case for most.

Where the hell is that money going.

You'll find that about 30% goes for end of life care.

Time to wake up folks.

Keep dreaming.

Voters want a contradiction. They don't want the mandate, but they want guaranteed issue. We need leaders that lead - that will tell people when their desires aren't realistic.

We need leaders who will tell the facts. We pay a lot of money for health care. At last check we were....get this....10,000 per person per year.

That means...that on average....a family of four consumes 40,000 in health care.

Time to wake up folks.

You're right, let's watch your parents die.

Keep dreaming.

Time to wake up folks.

You're right, let's watch your parents die.
I can bring wine!

Because of Trump the workers without healthcare on the job, and without Medicaid, are getting less federal dollars to supplement their care. It's actually funny. But sad.
you mean without insurance? they can have healthcare anytime they want. dude, I do not understand why you want to call insurance healthcare.
Either lack of imagination, or a lot of insurance stock.

LOLO......poor poor poor white trash can's, just can't adjust to the fact, the biggest beneficiaries of ACA....was poor poor poor white trashies...you people are too gotdamned dumb for words!!

As percent of population?
What difference does it make, how many nuts you are, you nuts are just stupid

Your claim is that whites are biggest beneficiaries. Percentages are proving they're not.

The same is with crime rate, fatherless homes and kids, drug usage, education, or almost any other statistic.

Prove me wrong.

Only the ill educated asks someone to prove a negative.

What exactly is negative in this case?

And ObamaCare was the GOP plan supposedly... You dupes are unbelievable. Going back to the GOP scam plan will not be popular...
Republicans thought it up. Democrats made it happen. Who's more to blame? Does it really matter? Let's let bygones be bygones and just agree that Democrats and Republicans both suck.
Strangely GOP is always on the bad side of every issue... And have all the fake news.
You don't even read the quotes you respond do, do you?

He got his answers from the leftist magic 8-ball. It doesn't matter what you ask, the answer is always one that first pops up.

So, the POTUS and the Repubs will no longer enforce the preexisting conditions clause which frees insurance companies from having to cover them, which means they can start to drop all those people
Just like taxes, you’re clearly fucking clueless about insurance. Whining about “pre-existing conditions” is literally like crashing you’re fucking car and then calling Progressive Insurance and demanding that they cover the repairs.

Fuck-stick....if you permit pre-existing conditions, then progressives parasites such as yourself will refuse to carry health insurance until the moment they need it. Which means they won’t be paying into it and the companies will go bankrupt.

God Almighty are you the most ignorant progressive I’ve ever encountered. :banghead:

You don't even read the quotes you respond do, do you?

He got his answers from the leftist magic 8-ball. It doesn't matter what you ask, the answer is always one that first pops up.
I read it all oh, I see it all, I listen to it all, and you dupes and the GOP propaganda machine are are totally fos. As flawed as Obamacare is and was, mainly due to costs of the old GOP scam system, it helped millions and millions and was a long-term solution 2 problems. It was a basic framework that would need tinkering forever like other systems. Congratulations on getting us back to the scam system, dupes. On the other hand it will continue in blue States and you fools will figure it out someday.... It is far from dead.

I don't agree that the mandate was unconstitutional whether it was a tax or not. The mandate had a reason for being and it was to prevent freeloaders from gaming the system. They refuse to buy insurance when they are healthy and then buy insurance when they are sick then drop it when they are healthy. They commit a fraud on the system. The mandate was created by a conservative Heritage Foundation to lower insurance costs.
Sure it was . Figures you don’t see that.

'An individual mandate to purchase healthcare was initially proposed by the politically conservative Heritage Foundation in 1989 as an alternative to single-payer health care.[13][14][15][16][17] Stuart Butler, an early supporter of the individual mandate at the Heritage Foundation, wrote:

If a young man wrecks his Porsche and has not had the foresight to obtain insurance, we may commiserate, but society feels no obligation to repair his car. But health care is different. If a man is struck down by a heart attack in the street, Americans will care for him whether or not he has insurance.[18]

The Heritage Foundation changed its position in 2011, calling the individual mandate unconstitutional.[19]

From its inception, the idea of an individual mandate was championed by Republican politicians as a free-market approach to health care reform.[18][20] Supporters included Charles Grassley, Mitt Romney, and the late John Chafee.[21] The individual mandate was felt to resonate with conservative principles of individual responsibility, and conservative groups recognized that the healthcare market was unique.'

Health insurance mandate - Wikipedia

It figures because I don't like people who commit a fraud against me that I have to pay for. You apparently have no conscience.

You apparently cannot stand to be corrected. Roberts labeled it a tax and cast the deciding vote. It has nothing to do with me. It simply is what it is. Now.....if you need to yell at someone yell at Roberts.

So what. Roberts was right to allow the mandate even if he had to go through legalistic gymnastics to do it. I am yelling at you because you are the one who insists it is unconstitutional.

You're sharp as a tack son. You said.....

"
"Republicans are relying on a judge to legislate from the bench. That seems okay to you."

I responded...

Wow. You do realize that Roberts "legislated" from the bench, right? The Gov was arguing that it wasn't a tax, he decided it WAS a tax and thus it the mandate was "Constitutional".

You don't seem to mind legislation from the "bench" if you "like" it. How very hypocritical of you. The administration's lawyers were arguing that the mandate WASN'T a "tax". Roberts said "yes it is" and thus it became "Constitutional". You aren't very good at this.

By all means, ACA mandate was a tax. The government argued it's not, and called it penalty so it wouldn't look like Barry was lying about "no new taxes". Although I don't support commiecare at all, I think Roberts had no other choice but call it what it is.

So, the POTUS and the Repubs will no longer enforce the preexisting conditions clause which frees insurance companies from having to cover them, which means they can start to drop all those people
Just like taxes, you’re clearly fucking clueless about insurance. Whining about “pre-existing conditions” is literally like crashing you’re fucking car and then calling Progressive Insurance and demanding that they cover the repairs.

Fuck-stick....if you permit pre-existing conditions, then progressives parasites such as yourself will refuse to carry health insurance until the moment they need it. Which means they won’t be paying into it and the companies will go bankrupt.

God Almighty are you the most ignorant progressive I’ve ever encountered. :banghead:
Any system has to cover pre-existing conditions. We have no idea what you are babbling about, super duper.

Of course if you have pre-existing conditions you will get insurance immediately d u h.... Otherwise you end up bankrupt and go on welfare to get Medicaid... Great job.

Sure it was . Figures you don’t see that.

'An individual mandate to purchase healthcare was initially proposed by the politically conservative Heritage Foundation in 1989 as an alternative to single-payer health care.[13][14][15][16][17] Stuart Butler, an early supporter of the individual mandate at the Heritage Foundation, wrote:

If a young man wrecks his Porsche and has not had the foresight to obtain insurance, we may commiserate, but society feels no obligation to repair his car. But health care is different. If a man is struck down by a heart attack in the street, Americans will care for him whether or not he has insurance.[18]

The Heritage Foundation changed its position in 2011, calling the individual mandate unconstitutional.[19]

From its inception, the idea of an individual mandate was championed by Republican politicians as a free-market approach to health care reform.[18][20] Supporters included Charles Grassley, Mitt Romney, and the late John Chafee.[21] The individual mandate was felt to resonate with conservative principles of individual responsibility, and conservative groups recognized that the healthcare market was unique.'

It figures because I don't like people who commit a fraud against me that I have to pay for. You apparently have no conscience.

You apparently cannot stand to be corrected. Roberts labeled it a tax and cast the deciding vote. It has nothing to do with me. It simply is what it is. Now.....if you need to yell at someone yell at Roberts.

So what. Roberts was right to allow the mandate even if he had to go through legalistic gymnastics to do it. I am yelling at you because you are the one who insists it is unconstitutional.

"
"Republicans are relying on a judge to legislate from the bench. That seems okay to you."

I responded...

Wow. You do realize that Roberts "legislated" from the bench, right? The Gov was arguing that it wasn't a tax, he decided it WAS a tax and thus it the mandate was "Constitutional".

You don't seem to mind legislation from the "bench" if you "like" it. How very hypocritical of you. The administration's lawyers were arguing that the mandate WASN'T a "tax". Roberts said "yes it is" and thus it became "Constitutional". You aren't very good at this.

By all means, ACA mandate was a tax. The government argued it's not, and called it penalty so it wouldn't look like Barry was lying about "no new taxes". Although I don't support commiecare at all, I think Roberts had no other choice but call it what it is.
With subsidies, 75% of those on the exchanges paid less than $100 a month. But carry on with the misinformed idiocy...

Obviously we really need Democrats in control for a good long while... Investing in America after making the rich pay their fair share for God's sake, good health care daycare minimum wage vacations... ID card!! That every other modern country has. And if you didn't know it's the GOP that blocks all that... Legal pot... Good infrastructure.

We don't need any one party with control. We need a configuration that forces both parties to work together. That is why I hope that Democrats win the Arizona and Tennessee Senate seats. They are moderates who are talking about working together to fix things.

Maybe they should concentrate on not breaking any more things first.

Still uninformed

Why did Trumpcare fail? because of Democrats?

So a party that was not in power caused the other party's main campaign mission to fail?

What was some of your favorite provisions in Trumpcare that doesn't result in you saying "Trump good, Obama bad"??

Opinion | Now that Trumpcare has failed, it’s time to drop all the lies
yes it's called a filibuster...are you retarded or do you not know how the government works.

H.R.1628 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): American Health Care Act of 2017

House Passes Measure to Repeal and Replace the Affordable Care Act

House passed it...the senate couldn't, it was filibustered......ie the democrats are holding it up....

It was not filibustered. It was defeated. The fact is that Republicans were not shy about filibustering either. A DACA plan got a majority vote in the Senate of 56 votes but was defeated because it did not get 60.

That's not a filibuster, it's a failed cloture vote, a filibuster prevents a cloture vote.

"

I responded...

With subsidies, 75% of those on the exchanges paid less than $100 a month. But carry on with the misinformed idiocy...

I see you're still looking for answers from magic 8-ball. Your reply has nothing to do with my post.

If the Right doesn't get the courts fixed, it'll all be unraveled by the next Leftist administration and Leftist Congress......along with a TON of other severe damage to the Republic.

Forum List

Back