Burnt out and with nothing

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I am not so sure.

It's a pretty town. Lots of breweries !

Burlington or the town in Canada? As far as I am concerned, every brewery on earth could burn to the ground and I would not shed a tear. I would prefer to drink horse piss than what some people refer to as beer.

There is Burlington in Wisconsin and Kansas, as well.

There are lots more than just those two.
Burlington - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know. When I lived in Burlington, Ontario the city was looking for a "twin city" for kids to participate annually in friendly competition.

All in the U.S. were considered, ended up with the closest one, in Vermont. That was where I met Mayor Sanders.

We had a much better Sanders in KY: Colonel Sanders.

Burlington or the town in Canada? As far as I am concerned, every brewery on earth could burn to the ground and I would not shed a tear. I would prefer to drink horse piss than what some people refer to as beer.

I know. When I lived in Burlington, Ontario the city was looking for a "twin city" for kids to participate annually in friendly competition.

All in the U.S. were considered, ended up with the closest one, in Vermont. That was where I met Mayor Sanders.

And the one with the first name Lawrence wrote better stories, certainly more believable than the ones spewed by Bernie.

Emergency Animal Rescue - they've helped out in a number of US disasters
Emergency and Disaster Rescue - does US rescues as well

I can't find anyone specific for Canada, but the above should have a plan of action they could share even if they can't help themselves, or maybe get you in contact with a local group who can help or something.

In the Fish Hook fire up here [Alaska btw] last year, the musher community dealt with saving and housing the teams locally (for months after the fire as well.) I'll try to get a-hold of them tomorrow and see if they can do anything to help. They might know some mushers in the area who can bring their kennel trucks.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I am not so sure.

Hey I spent some of my formative years in Burlington when it was just a small town in Ontario. Nice to meet you.

Ok just an update now before I hit it big time again.

"Animal lovers are taking to social media to reunite residents with the pets that were left behind in the wake of the Fort McMurray wildfire evacuation order.

"We’ve been working every hour, every minutes, just going hard with no sleep," Brandon Bryldt, a member of one group, “Fort Mac Fire – Pet Rescue,” told CTV News."

IMPORTANT: ever any of you been faced with a Ranger Rick who thinks he's god almighty telling you what you can or cannot do in an emergency? Screw them. Look at what this woman is facing now.

"My dogs are in BALL PLACE in Timberlea.!!! One Bichon frise 16 years old, health issues, male. One Bichon frise, 7 years, female. Please save my fur babies! Please and thank you for your help," Ashley Stovall wrote on a group's Facebook page.

Stovall's plea was echoed by hundreds of others looking for helping rescuing animals ranging from horses to lizards."

Take your babies with you.

Now I'm going to team up with my veterinarian ( she's a rancher kinda vet and used to dealing with horses and cattle) and see what we can co ordinate from here. Any input is greatly appreciated.

I wish I could feasibly do something to help out, but I don't have the resources to do anything except give my sympathies about what you're all going through up there. :( I send you positive thoughts and best wishes.

I wish I could feasibly do something to help out, but I don't have the resources to do anything except give my sympathies about what you're all going through up there. :( I send you positive thoughts and best wishes.

Prayers are a good thing. Keep rocking it :)

I just found out that Syrian refugees we helped place in Calgary are opening up their homes to all who have fled. Pretty cool. Nice to hear about something like that. And James Taylor is donating his concert money to help those that have lost everything.

I still can't get the recipe down pat. Shoot. I and others have for years trying to replicate the secret recipe. It's a no go man. And I am good and so are the others I run with that are all into Top Secret Recipes.

Yes, I have a life outside the politics forum. :lol:

I can't find anyone specific for Canada, but the above should have a plan of action they could share even if they can't help themselves, or maybe get you in contact with a local group who can help or something.

In the Fish Hook fire up here [Alaska btw] last year, the musher community dealt with saving and housing the teams locally (for months after the fire as well.) I'll try to get a-hold of them tomorrow and see if they can do anything to help. They might know some mushers in the area who can bring their kennel trucks.

You are actually closer than me right now so if they can help at all that would be amazing. Really appreciated.

You just inspired me. I think I just found the missing ingredient. OMG. If this batter works I am a quizzillionaire. And loved forever. Carry on.

You are actually closer than me right now so if they can help at all that would be amazing. Really appreciated.

I called up the Iditarod headquarters and they're going to get the word out to the musher community, the woman I chatted with thinks they can dig up some help, said there's a few musher groups in the area.

Who would leave their pets behind? Really, how did these house pets get stranded?

Forum List

Back