CA Celebrates the Right to Suicide

I agree, I strongly support Euthanasia.

A person has a human right to self-determination, to make their own choices regarding their own existence. If someone's in chronic pain and they just are tormented every waking moment, and not even Morphine is relieving the pain, then they have a human right to ask a medical professional to help them end their suffering and that medical professional is providing them with mercy and compassion.
Much better way than blowing their brains out or jumping in front of a truck or something.

Yes because not all people die, and if a suicide fails they could end up in a worse position than they already were in. If the suicide failure has resulted in either complete paralysation or semi-complete paralysation, then they're going to be wanting to die even more and of course won't then have the ability to have another suicide attempt.
Sure. We all die. I just can't help but wonder about those people who offed themselves when they could still be alive. Is being in pain alive really not better than being dead? Even if you are in paralysation, how do we know that isn't a beautiful place to be? Why the rush out of it?

My cousin spent his last months of live in constant agony, BEGGING people to kill him.

I am constantly amazed by the people who think that people like your cousin just need to endure that pain.
Yes, yes.

You people are all so wonderful because you think we should be allowed to decide who lives and who dies. The most helpless among us need to die. Murderers need to live. It's as simple as that.

Yep we 'libs' have- unlike you Cons we believe in the rights of individuals, not the government, to decide when when we can die.
Or kill people that become too much of a problem in our lives, right?

We really aren't, after all, discussing your suicidal tendencies, because if you really want to leave this world, nobody's stopping you. Find a tall building and jump, or how about a wood chipper.

Nope, you wanna push Granny off a figurative cliff, and you want the state to support your decision.

Have you read what this law provides? That there must be TWO doctors sign off that they likely have 6 months or less to live. The patient has to request the assisted suicide TWICE, and the requests must be over 15 days apart.

It is hardly pushing granny off a cliff.
Yeah.....right. First you get this.....then you'll take it even farther.

It's your pattern.

Eventually you'll be able to snuff babies because they aren't the right sex, or old people because they become too big a burden to their families. It always starts out small and grows until the way the law began is totally unrecognizable. Then it becomes a political issue where anyone who doesn't want to snuff granny is a racist.
I remember how illegal immigration started out as a national security issue, then it was all about amnesty, then Obama starts giving out work permits and cart blanch for illegal kids to stay. Then overnight, anyone who doesn't support fucking open borders is a fucking racist.......and now we have hundreds of the little fuckers attacking people who walk out of a Trump rally.

I can imagine how this law is going to change over the next decade.

It has been the law in Oregon for 20 years. How much has it changed?
You seem to be operating in a total informational vacuum. I just explained to you how policies change over time. I'm getting tired of trying to explain how the left operates to someone who is willfully ignorant.

It doesn't matter that Oregon had a limited assisted suicide law for the last 20 years. That isn't the endgame of what the left is after. If you feel the urge to investigate, look up how Progressives historically like to practice eugenics.

You made a claim that the law will change for the worse. The law has been on the books in Oregon for 20 years. I simply asked where the change was. You have no answer so you pretend it is my ignorance. I find that amusing.

We really aren't, after all, discussing your suicidal tendencies, because if you really want to leave this world, nobody's stopping you. Find a tall building and jump, or how about a wood chipper.

Nope, you wanna push Granny off a figurative cliff, and you want the state to support your decision.

Have you read what this law provides? That there must be TWO doctors sign off that they likely have 6 months or less to live. The patient has to request the assisted suicide TWICE, and the requests must be over 15 days apart.

It's your pattern.

Eventually you'll be able to snuff babies because they aren't the right sex, or old people because they become too big a burden to their families. It always starts out small and grows until the way the law began is totally unrecognizable. Then it becomes a political issue where anyone who doesn't want to snuff granny is a racist.
I remember how illegal immigration started out as a national security issue, then it was all about amnesty, then Obama starts giving out work permits and cart blanch for illegal kids to stay. Then overnight, anyone who doesn't support fucking open borders is a fucking racist.......and now we have hundreds of the little fuckers attacking people who walk out of a Trump rally.

You seem to be operating in a total informational vacuum. I just explained to you how policies change over time. I'm getting tired of trying to explain how the left operates to someone who is willfully ignorant.

It doesn't matter that Oregon had a limited assisted suicide law for the last 20 years. That isn't the endgame of what the left is after. If you feel the urge to investigate, look up how Progressives historically like to practice eugenics.

You made a claim that the law will change for the worse. The law has been on the books in Oregon for 20 years. I simply asked where the change was. You have no answer so you pretend it is my ignorance. I find that amusing.
As with any issue the left brings up, historically it will changed over time. This one is still on the back burner, but liberals in Washington are waiting for the right time to bring it to the forefront. They're still waiting for enough public acceptance to go farther.
You know this, but like to play dumb.

It's your pattern.

As with any issue the left brings up, historically it will changed over time. This one is still on the back burner, but liberals in Washington are waiting for the right time to bring it to the forefront. They're still waiting for enough public acceptance to go farther.

I know what it is like to watch a relative suffer needless agony. I know we can be vigilant and still be merciful.

It's your pattern.

I know what it is like to watch a relative suffer needless agony. I know we can be vigilant and still be merciful.

There you go. You had a decent argument for awhile, but instead you tried to put words in my mouth and lost it.
I don't enjoy anyone's agony. The problem I have with this issue is where it's going, not where it is today. I've made that abundantly clear.

There you go. You had a decent argument for awhile, but instead you tried to put words in my mouth and lost it.
I don't enjoy anyone's agony. The problem I have with this issue is where it's going, not where it is today. I've made that abundantly clear.

I did not put words in your mouth. I stated something about me.

I understand what you fear. I do not want it to become a method of disposal for the inconvenient. But I believe we can help that terminally ill without that happening. We remain vigilant.

I understand what you fear. I do not want it to become a method of disposal for the inconvenient. But I believe we can help that terminally ill without that happening. We remain vigilant.
But to the left you're a useful idiot. You want to be compassionate, but you buy into a political system that wants to abuse their power. The people you seem to support aren't just happy with being able to pull the plug on someone. They want to eventually get to the point that they can be selective about who is born and who should die, and over time, this can be abused and be both legal and socially acceptable.

But to the left you're a useful idiot. You want to be compassionate, but you buy into a political system that wants to abuse their power. The people you seem to support aren't just happy with being able to pull the plug on someone. They want to eventually get to the point that they can be selective about who is born and who should die, and over time, this can be abused and be both legal and socially acceptable.

I don't support left- wing politicians. I don't support right-wing politicians. I support people with whom I agree. If I had to identify with a political party, it would be the Libertarian party.

Not being an idiot, I am not anyone's "useful idiot".

I don't support left- wing politicians. I don't support right-wing politicians. I support people with whom I agree. If I had to identify with a political party, it would be the Libertarian party.

You don't think you are, but you are. Libertarians aren't much different from Democrats. They're usually pot-smoking liberals that believe in little or no government.....which is what a liberal used to be.

You don't think you are, but you are. Libertarians aren't much different from Democrats. They're usually pot-smoking liberals that believe in little or no government.....which is what a liberal used to be.

I am who I am. Pigeonholing me accomplishes nothing except to avoid the topic.

The laws, as passed, are good ones. To remove them out of fear of what they might be changed into is nonsense.

Good. People have the right to die when they want. And in certain cases, how they want.

A person has a human right to self-determination, to make their own choices regarding their own existence. If someone's in chronic pain and they just are tormented every waking moment, and not even Morphine is relieving the pain, then they have a human right to ask a medical professional to help them end their suffering and that medical professional is providing them with mercy and compassion.
Much better way than blowing their brains out or jumping in front of a truck or something.

Yes because not all people die, and if a suicide fails they could end up in a worse position than they already were in. If the suicide failure has resulted in either complete paralysation or semi-complete paralysation, then they're going to be wanting to die even more and of course won't then have the ability to have another suicide attempt.
Sure. We all die. I just can't help but wonder about those people who offed themselves when they could still be alive. Is being in pain alive really not better than being dead? Even if you are in paralysation, how do we know that isn't a beautiful place to be? Why the rush out of it?

I was on vacation in Maui when a monster 15 ft wave fell on top of me, put me face down in the water and then more monster waves prevented me from standing up and walking out.

By the time I was pulled from the water, I was just a ball spinning round and round going in and out with the waves.

The lifeguards pulled me out and kept telling me to move my feet, toes and legs. I kept telling them they were fine and moved them. It was my arms and hands. I couldn't feel or move my arms and hands.

I was put in an aid car and rushed to the hospital. I went into the coma on the way to the hospital. The doctors asked my husband if I had a living will because they didn't think I was going to wake up from that coma.

I did wake up. I fought with all I had to wake up and live.

My right hand was a claw. My left was a little better. I had some movement and feeling but all I felt was terrible excruciating pain.

I spent the next nearly 4 years in recovery working to get the feeling and use back into my hands and arms.

I had 3 surgeries along the way.

I know what it's like to be paralyzed. I lived it. I know what excruciating and debilitating pain is. I lived it.

To say that being paralyzed is a beautiful place is nothing even close to reality. It's a nightmare.

Tell me, how to you scratch an itch anywhere on your body when you have no use of your arms and hands? Tell me how you can eat, write, wash yourself, wash your hair or do any of the things we do with our hands and arms that we take for granted every day?

There were MANY times I wanted to die. Or I wished that the waves had killed me. But I didn't die. I lived to endure the years of recovery and will endure the injuries, pain and limited use of my hands and arms for the rest of my life.

I made the choice to fight and live. However, that was MY choice to make. No one else's.

Just as making the choice to not live anymore is a person's choice to make. No one else's.

I am who I am. Pigeonholing me accomplishes nothing except to avoid the topic.

The laws, as passed, are good ones. To remove them out of fear of what they might be changed into is nonsense.
That's a matter of opinion. However, removal of laws isn't the problem. The eventual endgame is.
You may say that people are acting like Chicken Little when it comes to anything that has to do with Democrats, but over the years it always ends up being prophetic. Name the issue and I can point out the original intent stated by Democrats and show you the progression to it's present form, which is totally adverse to the original stated intent. Gun legislation, immigration, Man-made Climate Change, you name the issue and we discover that they are always introduced in a seemingly harmless form, but eventually morph into a perverted end.

If someone is so crass as to not want to die, government counselors will browbeat them into it.

ObamaCare Dives Into End-Of-Life Debate - Forbes

Tipsy is okay with suicide- or family pressuring someone into suicide- just so long as they use the gun that God guaranteed every American.

Tipsy just is against suicide- or family pressuring someone into suicide- by any means other than using the gun that God intended people to commit suicide with.

Yep we 'libs' have- unlike you Cons we believe in the rights of individuals, not the government, to decide when when we can die.

It's your pattern.

20 years of assisted suicide in Oregon. Muddy can't find any evidence of 'slippery slope' so he makes up an imaginary 'end game'.

What is the end game for gun advocates then?

We know that one of the leading causes of death by suicide are guns.

Not all of those suicides are by gun, but a majority are. And while some people feeling suicidal impulses will choose another method if a gun is not at hand, public health researchers cite two reasons guns are particularly dangerous: 1) Guns are more lethal than most other methods people try, so someone who attempts suicide another way is more likely to survive; 2) Studies suggest that suicide attempts often occur shortly after people decide to kill themselves, so people with deadly means at hand when the impulse strikes are more likely to use them than those who have to wait or plan.

That means that strategies that make suicide more inconvenient or difficult can save lives. Guns, when they are in the home, can make self-harm both easy and deadly.

All suicides
  • Number of deaths: 41,149
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 13.0
  • Cause of death rank: 10
Firearm suicides
  • Number of deaths: 21,175
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 6.7

The opponents of medically assisted suicide are almost always fierce gun rights advocates. And most suicides are by gun.

What is their 'end game"?

Good. People have the right to die when they want. And in certain cases, how they want.

I was on vacation in Maui when a monster 15 ft wave fell on top of me, put me face down in the water and then more monster waves prevented me from standing up and walking out.

By the time I was pulled from the water, I was just a ball spinning round and round going in and out with the waves.

The lifeguards pulled me out and kept telling me to move my feet, toes and legs. I kept telling them they were fine and moved them. It was my arms and hands. I couldn't feel or move my arms and hands.

I was put in an aid car and rushed to the hospital. I went into the coma on the way to the hospital. The doctors asked my husband if I had a living will because they didn't think I was going to wake up from that coma.

I did wake up. I fought with all I had to wake up and live.

My right hand was a claw. My left was a little better. I had some movement and feeling but all I felt was terrible excruciating pain.

I spent the next nearly 4 years in recovery working to get the feeling and use back into my hands and arms.

I had 3 surgeries along the way.

I know what it's like to be paralyzed. I lived it. I know what excruciating and debilitating pain is. I lived it.

To say that being paralyzed is a beautiful place is nothing even close to reality. It's a nightmare.

Tell me, how to you scratch an itch anywhere on your body when you have no use of your arms and hands? Tell me how you can eat, write, wash yourself, wash your hair or do any of the things we do with our hands and arms that we take for granted every day?

There were MANY times I wanted to die. Or I wished that the waves had killed me. But I didn't die. I lived to endure the years of recovery and will endure the injuries, pain and limited use of my hands and arms for the rest of my life.

I made the choice to fight and live. However, that was MY choice to make. No one else's.

Just as making the choice to not live anymore is a person's choice to make. No one else's.

Right wingers like Muddy and Tipsy don't think you should have that choice.

Unless you want to kill yourself with a gun.

If someone is so crass as to not want to die, government counselors will browbeat them into it.

Tipsy is okay with suicide- or family pressuring someone into suicide- just so long as they use the gun that God guaranteed every American.

Tipsy just is against suicide- or family pressuring someone into suicide- by any means other than using the gun that God intended people to commit suicide with.
Thanks for the input, Rainman.

Thanks for the input, Rainman.

You are welcome Simple Jack.

Meanwhile- bears repeating.

20 years of assisted suicide in Oregon. Muddy can't find any evidence of 'slippery slope' so he makes up an imaginary 'end game'.

Not all of those suicides are by gun, but a majority are. And while some people feeling suicidal impulses will choose another method if a gun is not at hand, public health researchers cite two reasons guns are particularly dangerous: 1) Guns are more lethal than most other methods people try, so someone who attempts suicide another way is more likely to survive; 2) Studies suggest that suicide attempts often occur shortly after people decide to kill themselves, so people with deadly means at hand when the impulse strikes are more likely to use them than those who have to wait or plan.

That means that strategies that make suicide more inconvenient or difficult can save lives. Guns, when they are in the home, can make self-harm both easy and deadly.

All suicides
Firearm suicides

The opponents of medically assisted suicide are almost always fierce gun rights advocates. And most suicides are by gun.

It's your pattern.

All suicides

Firearm suicides

If Oregon operated in the same vacuum you operate in, they'd have run out of air by now.

It's your pattern.

All suicides

Firearm suicides

If Oregon operated in the same vacuum you operate in, they'd have run out of air by now.

What is really sad about your posts is that they show how vacuous your claims are.

Oregon has had legal assisted suicide for 20 years now- you can't find anything wrong with it, so you are just left with the usual wingnut predictions of doooooooooooooom!

Meanwhile

All suicides

Firearm suicides

Forum List

Back