CA Celebrates the Right to Suicide

They have to start somewhere. This is just the way it started in other countries. How do you think the Liverpool Path got started?

This is how it started in Oregon too. 20 years ago. How has it changed in those 20 years???
Oregon isn't a country.

When Roe v Wade was made law it did not provide for partial birth abortions. If someone had said then that the legal murder of infants would be called post birth abortion, no one would have believed it.

Pity the people who should want to decide to die, yet stubbornly hang on. Someone will just have to make that decision for them. Like the Liverpool Path woman with the dislocated shoulder. The bitch didn't want to die. She wanted food and water. A nice government official will tidy up.

Why not answer Syriusly's challenge and list the murders committed in the 20 years assisted suicide has been legal in Oregon?
That's a circular argument.

They have to start somewhere. This is just the way it started in other countries. How do you think the Liverpool Path got started?

This is how it started in Oregon too. 20 years ago. How has it changed in those 20 years???
Oregon isn't a country.

When Roe v Wade was made law it did not provide for partial birth abortions. If someone had said then that the legal murder of infants would be called post birth abortion, no one would have believed it.

I never said Oregon was a country. But you made the claim that this was only the start, and that it would deteriorate. You used a situation in London as an example. Which do you think is a better example of what will happen in CA, the situation in London or in Oregon.

Whether Oregon is a country or not is irrelevant. It has been legal there for 20 years and has not become wholesale murder.

Pity the people who should want to decide to die, yet stubbornly hang on. Someone will just have to make that decision for them. Like the Liverpool Path woman with the dislocated shoulder. The bitch didn't want to die. She wanted food and water. A nice government official will tidy up.

Why not answer Syriusly's challenge and list the murders committed in the 20 years assisted suicide has been legal in Oregon?
That's a circular argument.

How so? She suggested that it is a slippery slope, and someone asked her to point out the "slippage" in Oregon. The legal system and culture in CA are certainly closer to those of Oregon's than those of England.

How is this working in countries that have had assisted suicide for awhile? Would it be different here?

Oregon has had assisted suicide for 20 years now- right next door to California.

It has been working fine in Oregon- I havent' been able to find a single example of it being abused.
Yup.......or even talked about, much less in the news. You libs have been busy little bees, haven't you?

Yep we 'libs' have- unlike you Cons we believe in the rights of individuals, not the government, to decide when when we can die.
Or kill people that become too much of a problem in our lives, right?

We really aren't, after all, discussing your suicidal tendencies, because if you really want to leave this world, nobody's stopping you. Find a tall building and jump, or how about a wood chipper.

Nope, you wanna push Granny off a figurative cliff, and you want the state to support your decision.

Have you read what this law provides? That there must be TWO doctors sign off that they likely have 6 months or less to live. The patient has to request the assisted suicide TWICE, and the requests must be over 15 days apart.

It is hardly pushing granny off a cliff.
Yeah.....right. First you get this.....then you'll take it even farther.

It's your pattern.

Eventually you'll be able to snuff babies because they aren't the right sex, or old people because they become too big a burden to their families. It always starts out small and grows until the way the law began is totally unrecognizable. Then it becomes a political issue where anyone who doesn't want to snuff granny is a racist.
I remember how illegal immigration started out as a national security issue, then it was all about amnesty, then Obama starts giving out work permits and cart blanch for illegal kids to stay. Then overnight, anyone who doesn't support fucking open borders is a fucking racist.......and now we have hundreds of the little fuckers attacking people who walk out of a Trump rally.

I can imagine how this law is going to change over the next decade.

Last edited:
Oregon has had assisted suicide for 20 years now- right next door to California.

It has been working fine in Oregon- I havent' been able to find a single example of it being abused.
Yup.......or even talked about, much less in the news. You libs have been busy little bees, haven't you?

Yep we 'libs' have- unlike you Cons we believe in the rights of individuals, not the government, to decide when when we can die.

We really aren't, after all, discussing your suicidal tendencies, because if you really want to leave this world, nobody's stopping you. Find a tall building and jump, or how about a wood chipper.

Nope, you wanna push Granny off a figurative cliff, and you want the state to support your decision.

Have you read what this law provides? That there must be TWO doctors sign off that they likely have 6 months or less to live. The patient has to request the assisted suicide TWICE, and the requests must be over 15 days apart.

It's your pattern.

Eventually you'll be able to snuff babies because they aren't the right sex, or old people because they become too big a burden to their families. It always starts out small and grows until the way the law began is totally unrecognizable. Then it becomes a political issue where anyone who doesn't want to snuff granny is a racist.
I remember how illegal immigration started out as a national security issue, then it was all about amnesty, then Obama starts giving out work permits and cart blanch for illegal kids to stay. Then overnight, anyone who doesn't support fucking open borders is a fucking racist.......and now we have hundreds of the little fuckers attacking people who walk out of a Trump rally.

It has been the law in Oregon for 20 years. How much has it changed?

That's what ignore is for.

Has anyone come back from the dead to say they were murdered? That's the best part. No one complains.

The government keeps it nice and tidy.

Tipsy doesn't answer my posts because he is a moral coward- and enjoys people being in pain.

It's your pattern.

This is what Tipsy asked
How is this working in countries that have had assisted suicide for awhile? Would it be different here?

We have had assisted suicide in the United States now for over 20 years. Tipsy can't find any of the horrors he predicts in Oregon so he wont' address the actual example he asked for.

A moral coward and a hypocrite.

He will argue that a dying person has a right to own a Colt .45 but doesn't have the right to have a lethal dose of morphine.
Because he worries so much about the relatives killing the terminal patient with morphine- but he is okay if they kill him with his own hand gun.

Has anyone come back from the dead to say they were murdered? That's the best part. No one complains.

This is delusional, paranoid, a slippery slope fallacy.

And again, an example of conservative authoritarianism: more government interfering in citizens’ personal lives.

This is delusional, paranoid, a slippery slope fallacy.

And again, an example of conservative authoritarianism: more government interfering in citizens’ personal lives.

Remember- for Tipsy- its okay to give a dying man a gun- just not provide him with a lethal dosage of drugs.

Suicide has to be done in Tipsy's only approved way- with the terminally ill sufferer blowing his brains out by himself, and making the family find the body, and risking a criminal or child finding the gun first.

Good. People have the right to die when they want. And in certain cases, how they want.

I agree, I strongly support Euthanasia.

A person has a human right to self-determination, to make their own choices regarding their own existence. If someone's in chronic pain and they just are tormented every waking moment, and not even Morphine is relieving the pain, then they have a human right to ask a medical professional to help them end their suffering and that medical professional is providing them with mercy and compassion.
Much better way than blowing their brains out or jumping in front of a truck or something.

Yes because not all people die, and if a suicide fails they could end up in a worse position than they already were in. If the suicide failure has resulted in either complete paralysation or semi-complete paralysation, then they're going to be wanting to die even more and of course won't then have the ability to have another suicide attempt.
Sure. We all die. I just can't help but wonder about those people who offed themselves when they could still be alive. Is being in pain alive really not better than being dead? Even if you are in paralysation, how do we know that isn't a beautiful place to be? Why the rush out of it?

My cousin spent his last months of live in constant agony, BEGGING people to kill him.

Good. People have the right to die when they want. And in certain cases, how they want.

I agree, I strongly support Euthanasia.

A person has a human right to self-determination, to make their own choices regarding their own existence. If someone's in chronic pain and they just are tormented every waking moment, and not even Morphine is relieving the pain, then they have a human right to ask a medical professional to help them end their suffering and that medical professional is providing them with mercy and compassion.
Much better way than blowing their brains out or jumping in front of a truck or something.

Yes because not all people die, and if a suicide fails they could end up in a worse position than they already were in. If the suicide failure has resulted in either complete paralysation or semi-complete paralysation, then they're going to be wanting to die even more and of course won't then have the ability to have another suicide attempt.
Sure. We all die. I just can't help but wonder about those people who offed themselves when they could still be alive. Is being in pain alive really not better than being dead? Even if you are in paralysation, how do we know that isn't a beautiful place to be? Why the rush out of it?

My cousin spent his last months of live in constant agony, BEGGING people to kill him.

I am constantly amazed by the people who think that people like your cousin just need to endure that pain.

You people have no idea what horrors await beyond death's door for those who kill themselves.

I know, because once in a while, my mother comes to me and shows me where she is. I see her face, clenched in pain and terror, burning in unquenchable fire, gripping the gates of the heaven that is forever denied to her, and she comes to me unbidden, and she comes often, and I can't get the image out of my head because it's burned into my skull and into the backs of my eyelids. Even as I write these words, I see her, and she calls to me silently, but I can't hear what she's trying to say to me.

I used to light candles for her in Church, I used to pray for her soul, anything to save her. Now, I've given up.

You should probably see a qualified mental health professional to deal with your hallucinations.

My mother spent the last two horrible years of her life in a home for dementia patients and the last 6 months of that she had a stroke to deal with too. Who would be so cruel as to want to see one of their parents in a vegetative state for 6 months at the age of 89? She was a very religious woman who was more than ready to go. How sadistic are you people with your phony religious beliefs?
Who made a religious argument or based opposition on religion?

This is like abortion. At one time a doctor had to find abortion medically necessary. Now the debate is how old does a child need to be before post birth abortion is no longer a risk.
I don`t know who made a religious argument. You seem to have a reading comprehension problem. My mother was no longer capable of speech and I was making the point that she was not afraid to end her torture. Religion has a calming effect on people. Are you some sort of sadistic sob that enjoyed pulling wings off butterflies as a child? Obviously you`ve never had a chance to see the hellish existence of a person suffering from severe dementia and a stroke. I don`t know why you`re babbling about abortion but feel free to start another thread.

She is a psychopath. I'm dead serious: I truly believe that psycho bitch is the purest, darkest example of evil here. She is on the same level as Countess Bathory.

Tipsy doesn't answer my posts because he is a moral coward- and enjoys people being in pain.
Tipsy is a woman, and a psychotic sadist. She should probably be locked up.

Yet you're the one medicated for clinical depression! Odd that.

I'm not medicated for anything. I am the one who has been calling you on your lies over and over.

Have you been drinking?

It's your pattern.

You seem to be operating in a total informational vacuum. I just explained to you how policies change over time. I'm getting tired of trying to explain how the left operates to someone who is willfully ignorant.

It doesn't matter that Oregon had a limited assisted suicide law for the last 20 years. That isn't the endgame of what the left is after. If you feel the urge to investigate, look up how Progressives historically like to practice eugenics.

Forum List

Back