CA Celebrates the Right to Suicide

Yup.......snuff em early and save yourself some cash.
Just consider yourself a member of the Obamacare deathpanel.
You don't kill them because of the savings they're just an additional benefit.

No one wants their loveone suffering in a free nursing home let alone one that's costing $6000 a month.

Healthcare wipes more families out. In the future don't plan on leaving your children anything.

This is like the abortion argument. Maybe it shouldnt so expensive to live and then people wouldn't want to die or kill their unborn.
It is much like the abortion debate. The unborn is not human. The victim of this legalized murder really "wants" to die. They just need a little help.

The CA law requires two doctors to approve and for the patient to administer the drug themselves.

from: Guidelines issued for California's assisted suicide law
"Citing the law, the medical association says patients who are at least 18 years old with the capacity to make medical decisions may request an aid-in-dying drug as long as their attending physician and a consulting physician have diagnosed a terminal disease that is expected to result in death within six months.

The patient is required to make two verbal requests at least 15 days apart and one written request that is signed, dated and witnessed by two adults, as well as provide proof of California residency.

The state request form is titled “Request for an Aid-in-Dying Drug to End My Life in a Humane and Dignified Manner."

Physicians must inform the patient that he or she may rescind the request for an aid-in-dying drug at any time and in any manner.

A request for a prescription cannot be made on behalf of a patient through an agent under a power of attorney, an advance healthcare directive, a conservator or any other person.'
See this is bullshit. My mom can't communicate anymore. She's trapped in silent horror. We know she wouldn't have wanted to live this way. But that's her fault for not making a will. My question is, "what if she makes the decision before she lost her abilities? So for example, 5 years ago what if she said "KILL ME IF I EVER GET THAT BAD"? I don't like it that they wouldn't help her because she's unable to ask for help.

I don't know any way around this- I have a horror of ending up just like that- and certainly I would end my life if I could rather than live like that.

But I don't know anyway you could have sufficient safeguards that didn't include a patients active consent and desire to end their own life.
I know. We discuss this all the time. For the record even though I approve of assisted suicide and even if my mom said that it was ok to kill her when it gets too bad, I still wouldn't do that to her. She'd have to be in hospice and bed ridden and not eating. At that point I would say give her the shot/pill. Not now. My sweet mother. LOL. Can you believe as bad as she is I still appreciate having her around? She is full blown all the way to late stage 7 alzheimers. Still eating and walking (a little). Day by day. Very sad.

My mother spent the last two horrible years of her life in a home for dementia patients and the last 6 months of that she had a stroke to deal with too. Who would be so cruel as to want to see one of their parents in a vegetative state for 6 months at the age of 89? She was a very religious woman who was more than ready to go. How sadistic are you people with your phony religious beliefs?
Yup.....we draw a line in the sand and you step over it. We draw another one and you step over that one. Eventually Progressives will be deciding that the retarded, insane, or the clinically depressed have no purpose, so off them and save everyone alot of trouble.
Assisted suicide is not offing people stupid ass. There are plenty of online dictionaries that could help you and even George Bush knew how to use "the Google". Are you dumber than Bush?
Assisted suicide is offing people. I don't give a flying-fuck what you turds choose to call it. You have a tendency of changing the words associated with nasty things, like the war on Islamic Terrorism has to be called something else. How bout "Overseas Contingency Operation". Pro-abortion is now called "Pro-choice". An unborn baby is now a fetus or a bit of gooey inanimate flesh. Now, it doesn't sound like murder anymore.

This the problem. Used to be families lived together in one home and the young used to take care of the old. Nobody wants to take care of of their parents when they become a problem. So they put them up in some place that costs $6000 a month. Meanwhile the kids go about their lives without a care in the world.....other than the huge bill.

The solution isn't to off them. The solution is to keep your family together.

Have you read the requirements of the assisted suicide?

First, two doctors have to agree that there is no hope. The patient is terminal and in pain.

This is not about killing someone because they are inconvenient. This is about mercy.
Yep......essentially death-panels decides who lives and who dies.

The next step will be a law granting the right to take a black pill.

If you want to call it a "Death Panel", that is fine. According to the new CA law, the patient is also on the panel, since they have to request it twice, at least 15 days apart.
Right.

I wonder why liberals are in such a hurry to kill the helpless and the innocent, yet want to save death row inmates? That's always been a real poser.k.

I wonder why Conservatives are in such a hurry to tell the helpless and the innocent- indeed all of us that Government should decide whether we can die or not, and that the only acceptable way to kill yourself is with a gun?
Yeah.....right.......as if.

My mother spent the last two horrible years of her life in a home for dementia patients and the last 6 months of that she had a stroke to deal with too. Who would be so cruel as to want to see one of their parents in a vegetative state for 6 months at the age of 89? She was a very religious woman who was more than ready to go. How sadistic are you people with your phony religious beliefs?
Yup.....we draw a line in the sand and you step over it. We draw another one and you step over that one. Eventually Progressives will be deciding that the retarded, insane, or the clinically depressed have no purpose, so off them and save everyone alot of trouble.
Assisted suicide is not offing people stupid ass. There are plenty of online dictionaries that could help you and even George Bush knew how to use "the Google". Are you dumber than Bush?
How is this working in countries that have had assisted suicide for awhile? Would it be different here?

Oregon has had assisted suicide for 20 years now- right next door to California.

It has been working fine in Oregon- I havent' been able to find a single example of it being abused.
Yup.......or even talked about, much less in the news. You libs have been busy little bees, haven't you?

Yup.......snuff em early and save yourself some cash.
Just consider yourself a member of the Obamacare deathpanel.
You don't kill them because of the savings they're just an additional benefit.

No one wants their loveone suffering in a free nursing home let alone one that's costing $6000 a month.

Healthcare wipes more families out. In the future don't plan on leaving your children anything.

This is like the abortion argument. Maybe it shouldnt so expensive to live and then people wouldn't want to die or kill their unborn.
This the problem. Used to be families lived together in one home and the young used to take care of the old. Nobody wants to take care of of their parents when they become a problem. So they put them up in some place that costs $6000 a month. Meanwhile the kids go about their lives without a care in the world.....other than the huge bill.

The solution isn't to off them. The solution is to keep your family together.

Have you read the requirements of the assisted suicide?

First, two doctors have to agree that there is no hope. The patient is terminal and in pain.

This is not about killing someone because they are inconvenient. This is about mercy.
Yep......essentially death-panels decides who lives and who dies.

The next step will be a law granting the right to take a black pill.

Yep eventually there will be right wing death squads requiring the terminally ill to purchase legal guns and blow their brains out.

Because to the right wing- the only death with dignity is with a gun in your own hand- and a horror for your family to deal with.
Yeah......sure......funny......in this country the folks that tend do that more often than not, live in big cities like Chicago, and tend to vote Dummycrap.

I agree, I strongly support Euthanasia.

A person has a human right to self-determination, to make their own choices regarding their own existence. If someone's in chronic pain and they just are tormented every waking moment, and not even Morphine is relieving the pain, then they have a human right to ask a medical professional to help them end their suffering and that medical professional is providing them with mercy and compassion.
Much better way than blowing their brains out or jumping in front of a truck or something.

Yes because not all people die, and if a suicide fails they could end up in a worse position than they already were in. If the suicide failure has resulted in either complete paralysation or semi-complete paralysation, then they're going to be wanting to die even more and of course won't then have the ability to have another suicide attempt.
Sure. We all die. I just can't help but wonder about those people who offed themselves when they could still be alive. Is being in pain alive really not better than being dead? Even if you are in paralysation, how do we know that isn't a beautiful place to be? Why the rush out of it?

"Is being in pain alive really not better than being dead?"

I wouldn't think so, if you hear people discussing having to endure excruciating pain almost 24/7, most say they want to die, because they're not living, they're existing and existing under unbearable conditions.

To that sort of person, death is a release from that.

Some of the worst pain can be tooth pain. I remember reading about a man in America and he didn't have adequate insurance and he couldn't afford the dentist....so he went to San Francisco and chose a one-way ticket jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge.

Often when a persons in so much unending pain, death is the relief and embrace they wish.

"Even if you are in paralysation, how do we know that isn't a beautiful place to be?"

We have different ideas about what a beautiful place is. I certainly wouldn't refer to being in paralysation my idea of being in a beautiful place. Were I ever to be in such a terrible situation, then Mr. Lucy would know what I'd want him to do....get my Glock and at point blank range shoot me directly in the heart.

The point blank shot directly in the heart, much preferable to a head shot, the latter the bullet might get lodged in the brain, you mightn't die.
I can't help but remember my cousin. Bad luck. Liver cancer. Early thirties. Two little children. She was in and out of a coma (paralysation, right?) for months. She was terminal. When she was awake she was, of course, in pain. Those times when she was nonparlysational were no doubt awful but some of that time was spent visiting with others. I just can't help but think that if she'd have killed herself, not only she, but many other people would have missed out on something important.

Yeah. Pain sucks. Dying sucks. Maybe, just maybe, not playing your life out to natural death sucks too.

It's really none of your business how a person decides to die.

If assisted suicide was to help the terminally ill and in pain and would stay there I would support it. It has grown and expanded in every country where it is practiced. Murder has become the new treatment.

If assisted suicide was to help the terminally ill and in pain and would stay there I would support it. It has grown and expanded in every country where it is practiced. Murder has become the new treatment.

It has been available in Oregon for 20 years- show us the examples of pervassive murder due to Oregon's law.

And clearly you would not support it to help terminally ill and in pain- because you do oppose providing exactly that kind of help to the terminally ill in pain.

How is this working in countries that have had assisted suicide for awhile? Would it be different here?

Oregon has had assisted suicide for 20 years now- right next door to California.

It has been working fine in Oregon- I havent' been able to find a single example of it being abused.
Yup.......or even talked about, much less in the news. You libs have been busy little bees, haven't you?

Yep we 'libs' have- unlike you Cons we believe in the rights of individuals, not the government, to decide when when we can die.

Pity the people who should want to decide to die, yet stubbornly hang on. Someone will just have to make that decision for them. Like the Liverpool Path woman with the dislocated shoulder. The bitch didn't want to die. She wanted food and water. A nice government official will tidy up.

Pity the people who should want to decide to die, yet stubbornly hang on. Someone will just have to make that decision for them. Like the Liverpool Path woman with the dislocated shoulder. The bitch didn't want to die. She wanted food and water. A nice government official will tidy up.

Why not answer Syriusly's challenge and list the murders committed in the 20 years assisted suicide has been legal in Oregon?

Why not answer Syriusly's challenge and list the murders committed in the 20 years assisted suicide has been legal in Oregon?
That's what ignore is for.

Has anyone come back from the dead to say they were murdered? That's the best part. No one complains.

The government keeps it nice and tidy.

That's what ignore is for.

Has anyone come back from the dead to say they were murdered? That's the best part. No one complains.

The government keeps it nice and tidy.

And when you don't have actual facts, you do not hesitate to make them up. Like you did in the thread about the Stanford rape.

Yep we 'libs' have- unlike you Cons we believe in the rights of individuals, not the government, to decide when when we can die.
Or kill people that become too much of a problem in our lives, right?

We really aren't, after all, discussing your suicidal tendencies, because if you really want to leave this world, nobody's stopping you. Find a tall building and jump, or how about a wood chipper.

Nope, you wanna push Granny off a figurative cliff, and you want the state to support your decision.

We really aren't, after all, discussing your suicidal tendencies, because if you really want to leave this world, nobody's stopping you. Find a tall building and jump, or how about a wood chipper.

Nope, you wanna push Granny off a figurative cliff, and you want the state to support your decision.
Push granny off the cliff before she spends all her money.

Have you read what this law provides? That there must be TWO doctors sign off that they likely have 6 months or less to live. The patient has to request the assisted suicide TWICE, and the requests must be over 15 days apart.

It is hardly pushing granny off a cliff.

Push granny off the cliff before she spends all her money.

More ignorance or lies. The bill has set requirements that must be met before the patient is provided with the means to end their own suffering.

They have to start somewhere. This is just the way it started in other countries. How do you think the Liverpool Path got started?

They have to start somewhere. This is just the way it started in other countries. How do you think the Liverpool Path got started?

But you are against it when the law protects against the abuses you scream about. Which makes your whole "I would like to help those terminally ill people" so much bullshit.

Let this law stand. And when someone TRIES to expand it to the point where murder is probable, throw a fit then.

Forum List

Back