CA Celebrates the Right to Suicide

No matter how merciful and compassionate this starts out, it will end with murdering the inconvenient.
Slippery slope fallacy.

Such is the authoritarian conservative, seeking more government interference in citizens’ personal lives.

Whether it’s compelling a woman to give birth against her will through force of law or using government to dictate to citizens personal life matters, conservatives are consistent in their contempt for individual liberty.
You are consistent in your contempt for the value of human life.

The only contempt I see is that of the people opposing allowing a comfortable and dignified end to terminal suffering.

This is an absolute goldmine for heirs tired of waiting for Uncle Ralph to die. Sick people won't be wasting assets on medical care any more.

It was already a gold mine, just not for the elderly/dying or their families.
A goldmine? You should see the hospital bills when my grandfathers and grandmothers died after 2 weeks of hospice. Had we ended their suffering in 1 week the healthcare giants would have lost a half million dollars.
Yup.......snuff em early and save yourself some cash.
Just consider yourself a member of the Obamacare deathpanel.
You don't kill them because of the savings they're just an additional benefit.

No one wants their loveone suffering in a free nursing home let alone one that's costing $6000 a month.

Healthcare wipes more families out. In the future don't plan on leaving your children anything.

This is like the abortion argument. Maybe it shouldnt so expensive to live and then people wouldn't want to die or kill their unborn.

This is an absolute goldmine for heirs tired of waiting for Uncle Ralph to die. Sick people won't be wasting assets on medical care any more.

A goldmine? You should see the hospital bills when my grandfathers and grandmothers died after 2 weeks of hospice. Had we ended their suffering in 1 week the healthcare giants would have lost a half million dollars.

No one wants their loveone suffering in a free nursing home let alone one that's costing $6000 a month.

Healthcare wipes more families out. In the future don't plan on leaving your children anything.

This is like the abortion argument. Maybe it shouldnt so expensive to live and then people wouldn't want to die or kill their unborn.
This the problem. Used to be families lived together in one home and the young used to take care of the old. Nobody wants to take care of of their parents when they become a problem. So they put them up in some place that costs $6000 a month. Meanwhile the kids go about their lives without a care in the world.....other than the huge bill.

The solution isn't to off them. The solution is to keep your family together.

This the problem. Used to be families lived together in one home and the young used to take care of the old. Nobody wants to take care of of their parents when they become a problem. So they put them up in some place that costs $6000 a month. Meanwhile the kids go about their lives without a care in the world.....other than the huge bill.

Have you read the requirements of the assisted suicide?

First, two doctors have to agree that there is no hope. The patient is terminal and in pain.

This is not about killing someone because they are inconvenient. This is about mercy.

It is much like the abortion debate. The unborn is not human. The victim of this legalized murder really "wants" to die. They just need a little help.

It is much like the abortion debate. The unborn is not human. The victim of this legalized murder really "wants" to die. They just need a little help.

The CA law requires two doctors to approve and for the patient to administer the drug themselves.

from: Guidelines issued for California's assisted suicide law
"Citing the law, the medical association says patients who are at least 18 years old with the capacity to make medical decisions may request an aid-in-dying drug as long as their attending physician and a consulting physician have diagnosed a terminal disease that is expected to result in death within six months.

The patient is required to make two verbal requests at least 15 days apart and one written request that is signed, dated and witnessed by two adults, as well as provide proof of California residency.

The state request form is titled “Request for an Aid-in-Dying Drug to End My Life in a Humane and Dignified Manner."

Physicians must inform the patient that he or she may rescind the request for an aid-in-dying drug at any time and in any manner.

A request for a prescription cannot be made on behalf of a patient through an agent under a power of attorney, an advance healthcare directive, a conservator or any other person.'

My mother spent the last two horrible years of her life in a home for dementia patients and the last 6 months of that she had a stroke to deal with too. Who would be so cruel as to want to see one of their parents in a vegetative state for 6 months at the age of 89? She was a very religious woman who was more than ready to go. How sadistic are you people with your phony religious beliefs?

My mother spent the last two horrible years of her life in a home for dementia patients and the last 6 months of that she had a stroke to deal with too. Who would be so cruel as to want to see one of their parents in a vegetative state for 6 months at the age of 89? She was a very religious woman who was more than ready to go. How sadistic are you people with your phony religious beliefs?
Who made a religious argument or based opposition on religion?

This is like abortion. At one time a doctor had to find abortion medically necessary. Now the debate is how old does a child need to be before post birth abortion is no longer a risk.

First, two doctors have to agree that there is no hope. The patient is terminal and in pain.

This is not about killing someone because they are inconvenient. This is about mercy.
Yep......essentially death-panels decides who lives and who dies.

The next step will be a law granting the right to take a black pill.

Actually, that's what happened back before America had a big strong middle class. Once we got a big middle class, parents left their kids something when they died. Today the parents are a burden on their kids because they are dying broke. This is the Republican wet dream. Suck all the income out of people right before they die. Unless you are rich you aren't leaving your kids nothing.

Oh, and its not like the kids can afford to take care of their parents in fact they can't even take care of themselves.

Millennials Are Setting New Records—for Living With Their Parents

We shouldn't have to take care of our parents but you see that as the good old days.

The CA law requires two doctors to approve and for the patient to administer the drug themselves.

from: Guidelines issued for California's assisted suicide law
"Citing the law, the medical association says patients who are at least 18 years old with the capacity to make medical decisions may request an aid-in-dying drug as long as their attending physician and a consulting physician have diagnosed a terminal disease that is expected to result in death within six months.

The patient is required to make two verbal requests at least 15 days apart and one written request that is signed, dated and witnessed by two adults, as well as provide proof of California residency.

The state request form is titled “Request for an Aid-in-Dying Drug to End My Life in a Humane and Dignified Manner."

Physicians must inform the patient that he or she may rescind the request for an aid-in-dying drug at any time and in any manner.

A request for a prescription cannot be made on behalf of a patient through an agent under a power of attorney, an advance healthcare directive, a conservator or any other person.'
See this is bullshit. My mom can't communicate anymore. She's trapped in silent horror. We know she wouldn't have wanted to live this way. But that's her fault for not making a will. My question is, "what if she makes the decision before she lost her abilities? So for example, 5 years ago what if she said "KILL ME IF I EVER GET THAT BAD"? I don't like it that they wouldn't help her because she's unable to ask for help.

Doctors have been having patients fill out a living will for some years. It's part of obamacare. I filled one out. I asked for all measures. Everything. Tubes, machines, all of it. The doctor has been trying to get me to change my mind ever since. Hey, if they didn't want the option they should not have included it.

This is the start of death panels that can judge your life not worth living because you sprained your ankle.

If you want to call it a "Death Panel", that is fine. According to the new CA law, the patient is also on the panel, since they have to request it twice, at least 15 days apart.

Doctors have been having patients fill out a living will for some years. It's part of obamacare. I filled one out. I asked for all measures. Everything. Tubes, machines, all of it. The doctor has been trying to get me to change my mind ever since. Hey, if they didn't want the option they should not have included it.

This is the start of death panels that can judge your life not worth living because you sprained your ankle.
If I was you, I'd be looking for another doctor if there is one out there who won't say what that jerk has been telling you.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Yup.....we draw a line in the sand and you step over it. We draw another one and you step over that one. Eventually Progressives will be deciding that the retarded, insane, or the clinically depressed have no purpose, so off them and save everyone alot of trouble.

If you want to call it a "Death Panel", that is fine. According to the new CA law, the patient is also on the panel, since they have to request it twice, at least 15 days apart.
Right.

I wonder why liberals are in such a hurry to kill the helpless and the innocent, yet want to save death row inmates? That's always been a real poser.

BTW, if they can help decide their own fate then they have value. What if a cure for their illness is discovered, or a new procedure is discovered to reverse the degenerative process that led to their condition? But you allowed them to decide that the suffering isn't worth it? They're dead now. It's too late to bring them back.

I have nothing but sympathy for the dying and in pain. It is still not enough to open the door to manipulating the legalization of murder.

Actually, that's what happened back before America had a big strong middle class. Once we got a big middle class, parents left their kids something when they died. Today the parents are a burden on their kids because they are dying broke. This is the Republican wet dream. Suck all the income out of people right before they die. Unless you are rich you aren't leaving your kids nothing.

Oh, and its not like the kids can afford to take care of their parents in fact they can't even take care of themselves.

Millennials Are Setting New Records—for Living With Their Parents

We shouldn't have to take care of our parents but you see that as the good old days.
You actually want to blame this on Republicans now?

Are you friggen high?

Keep us the hell out of your screwed up mess and learn to take responsibility for it. You wanted it and we paid for it. You own it!!!

Forum List

Back