California Democrats Propose Strictest Gun Regulations In The Nation

California is a fucking joke......like in Great Britain after the weapons ban, gun crimes skyrocketed 40%. It'll be at least that there, which is fine with me.....Im never going to visit that shithole state.

Spread those NRA talking point lies and when somebody figures out our homicide by gun rate would be less than 200 per year, if we had a rate like the UK, they'll know what a group of liars you are!

let's clear away your liberal spin here ok.

Since the UK intorduced their gun laws their muder rate has dropped about .5 to .6 per 100,000 now since the USA has dropped the assault weapons ban our murder rate has dropped about .5 to.6 per 100,000 as well.

The UK never had a murder rate as high as ours. so adopting their laws isn't going to drop our totals to theirs. we have dropped at the same rate while eliminating our strictest national gun restrictions.

Is the idea of assessing the UK and trying to learn from it, too hard for your brain to figure out?

You bring up the word spin and you correlate our declining murder rate to removing the assault weapons ban? That has to be totally spin, because all rifles are a very small percentage of homicide by firearms. Only 3.76% of homicides by total firearms were done using a rifle in 2011.

FBI ? Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

Our homicide by gun rates would still be high if all rifles didn't exist in America, so how can you correlate a reduction of homicide by gun rates with the lifting of the ban on assault weapons?

"Oh, we can't kill people now, because someone might be out there with their assault weapon and try to prevent us."

I'm waiting, so where is the reply and how can any human being be that stupid to think the way you do?

I'm waiting!

<crickets>

Spread those NRA talking point lies and when somebody figures out our homicide by gun rate would be less than 200 per year, if we had a rate like the UK, they'll know what a group of liars you are!

Since the UK intorduced their gun laws their muder rate has dropped about .5 to .6 per 100,000 now since the USA has dropped the assault weapons ban our murder rate has dropped about .5 to.6 per 100,000 as well.

The UK never had a murder rate as high as ours. so adopting their laws isn't going to drop our totals to theirs. we have dropped at the same rate while eliminating our strictest national gun restrictions.

Is the idea of assessing the UK and trying to learn from it, too hard for your brain to figure out?

You bring up the word spin and you correlate our declining murder rate to removing the assault weapons ban? That has to be totally spin, because all rifles are a very small percentage of homicide by firearms. Only 3.76% of homicides by total firearms were done using a rifle in 2011.

Our homicide by gun rates would still be high if all rifles didn't exist in America, so how can you correlate a reduction of homicide by gun rates with the lifting of the ban on assault weapons?

"Oh, we can't kill people now, because someone might be out there with their assault weapon and try to prevent us."

I'm waiting, so where is the reply and how can any human being be that stupid to think the way you do?

I'm waiting!

<crickets>

we have assesed the UK and we have evaluated the results. the facts are, their gun laws did not bring their homicides down from the rate ours is to the rate theirs currently is at. they started at a much lower rate. and the fact is, over the same period of time the murder rates in the USA have dropped by the same percentage as those in the UK. Their "ideal" laws as you see them have have show no better results than we have seen in the USA over the same period of time.

And yes, the chart you linked validates my point. since we have lifted our gun ban, since we have allowed a proliferation of "deadly assault weapons", in a period where we have doubled the amount of guns in the hands of an expanding population our rates have continued to drop. and drop at the same rate as the UK's - but without legislation.

I'm waiting!

<crickets>

we have assesed the UK and we have evaluated the results. the facts are, their gun laws did not bring their homicides down from the rate ours is to the rate theirs currently is at. they started at a much lower rate. and the fact is, over the same period of time the murder rates in the USA have dropped by the same percentage as those in the UK. Their "ideal" laws as you see them have have show no better results than we have seen in the USA over the same period of time.

And yes, the chart you linked validates my point. since we have lifted our gun ban, since we have allowed a proliferation of "deadly assault weapons", in a period where we have doubled the amount of guns in the hands of an expanding population our rates have continued to drop. and drop at the same rate as the UK's - but without legislation.

Pesky, pesky facts.

I'm waiting!

<crickets>

Pesky, pesky facts.

i know, they always cloud the spin

I'm waiting!

<crickets>

My link is a table of data and not a chart. The UK rates went down with gun control laws enacted. Our present homicide by gun rate is way too high for an industrialized country and all the causes for it being that high need to be addressed. Making America an open market for firearms is a stupid policy.

Your point about lifting the assaut weapons ban is purely stupid and there is no correlation with a decrease in homicide by gun rates. All crime was decreasing during that time and it more than likely correlates to changes in laws requiring tougher sentencing for offenses.

What would you like guns compared to? Shoes? Teddy Bears? The Left has already done that ad nauseam.
But I do it to bring a little perspective to this. SOmething you know nothing about. Many more people are killed by cars, but I dont see calls to ban cars, even though it is more of a public health concern. Simuilarly with swimming pools, ladders, and a bunch of other stuff.
Gun control has everything to do with control and nothing to do with guns.

All of the things you mentioned are not in the same category as guns. None of those things are made to hurt people. But guns are. Gee, real hard to see. Sorry, but you added zero perspective. :rolleyes:

Guns aren't made to hurt people. If they are, mine are defective as they've never hurt a single person.
Another fail.

Really?? That's the reason you lunatics keep saying you need one. For protection. Then what does that mean??

I'm waiting!

<crickets>

My link is a table of data and not a chart. The UK rates went down with gun control laws enacted. Our present homicide by gun rate is way too high for an industrialized country and all the causes for it being that high need to be addressed. Making America an open market for firearms is a stupid policy.

Your point about lifting the assaut weapons ban is purely stupid and there is no correlation with a decrease in homicide by gun rates. All crime was decreasing during that time and it more than likely correlates to changes in laws requiring tougher sentencing for offenses.

uhm yea, they went down at the same rate ours have with no laws. that little point seems to keep on slipping right on by you. :cuckoo:

I'm waiting!

<crickets>

Where is your proof of all this?? Unless you have some, it is just bull.

All of the things you mentioned are not in the same category as guns. None of those things are made to hurt people. But guns are. Gee, real hard to see. Sorry, but you added zero perspective. :rolleyes:

Guns aren't made to hurt people. If they are, mine are defective as they've never hurt a single person.
Another fail.

Really?? That's the reason you lunatics keep saying you need one. For protection. Then what does that mean??

300,000,000 guns in the usa and only 8500 homicides with them. they seem to be ineffective at best

I'm waiting!

<crickets>

Pesky, pesky facts.

Facts?? Based on what??

Another fail.

Very few of these types hunt and the nuts on this site think they are patriots protecting us from tyranny. That's why they want weapons that aren't good for home defense or hunting.

uhm yea, they went down at the same rate ours have with no laws. that little point seems to keep on slipping right on by you. :cuckoo:

Prove it!!!!

I'm waiting!

<crickets>

Where is your proof of all this?? Unless you have some, it is just bull.

perhaps you should be a little less partisan and ask dubya to document some facts backing up his statement that UK laws have drastically reduced their murder rates.

Another fail.

300,000,000 guns in the usa and only 8500 homicides with them. they seem to be ineffective at best

Would you show that the stuff you are saying is true?? So far I think you are just making things up. Are we supposed to just believe you??? If that's what you think then you are the one that's :cuckoo:

Prove it!!!!

incapable of doing a little research yourself? prove me wrong an do something usefull besides flapping your gums

Would you show that the stuff you are saying is true?? So far I think you are just making things up. Are we supposed to just believe you??? If that's what you think then you are the one that's :cuckoo:

mmmm, i've seen your posts, you're an obvious troll. don't waste my time

By Zack Beauchamp

Thursday afternoon, a group of California Senate Democrats rolled out a legislative package that would create what would likely be the tightest gun regulation system in the nation, ranging from sweeping prohibitions on semi-automatic rifles to restrictions on guns in the home. The proposal consists of ten points:

1. Ban all semi-automatic rifles that accept detachable magazines.

2. Ban possession of high-capacity magazines.

3. Ban “bullet button” conversion kits.

4. Bans shotgun-rifle combinations.

5. Universal registration of all guns.

6. Background checks on ammunition.

7. Regulating gun loans.

8. Prevent prohibited individuals from living in homes with guns.

9. Cracking down on people who can’t own guns legally but do anyway.

10. Required safety training for handgun owners.

DETAILS: California Democrats Propose Strictest Gun Regulations In The Nation | ThinkProgress

8. and 9. Awesome.

Another fail.

So, in your mind, if guns worked, we'd all be dead?

Hmmm?

Seems like just another idiotic comment.

so how did gun control work out in australia?

Myth: Gun control in Australia is curbing crime

Fact: Crime has been rising since a sweeping ban on private gun ownership. In the first two years after gun-owners were forced to surrender 640,381 personal firearms, government statistics show a dramatic increase in criminal activity. In 2001-2002, homicides were up another 20%.

From the inception of firearm confiscation to March 27, 2000, the numbers are:
&#8226; Gun murders up 19%
&#8226; Armed robbery up 69%
&#8226; Home invasions up 21%

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread869199/pg1 Link Each Copy and Paste.

The sad part is that in the 15 years before national gun confiscation:
&#8226; Firearm-related homicides dropped nearly 66%
&#8226; Firearm-related deaths fell 50%

Fact: Gun crimes are rising throughout Australia after guns were banned. In Sydney alone, robbery rates with guns rose 160% in 2001, more in the previous year.
Source(s):
-Australian Bureau of Statistics, &#8220;Crime and Justice - Crimes Recorded by Police&#8221;, 2000
-Australian Institute of Criminology, &#8220;Report #46: Homicide in Australia, 2001-2002", April 2003
-The Sydney Morning Herald, &#8220;Costa targets armed robbers&#8221;, April 4, 2002

Last edited by a moderator:
so how did gun control work out in australia?

Myth: Gun control in Australia is curbing crime

Fact: Crime has been rising since a sweeping ban on private gun ownership. In the first two years after gun-owners were forced to surrender 640,381 personal firearms, government statistics show a dramatic increase in criminal activity. In 2001-2002, homicides were up another 20%.

From the inception of firearm confiscation to March 27, 2000, the numbers are:
• Gun murders up 19%
• Armed robbery up 69%
• Home invasions up 21%

The sad part is that in the 15 years before national gun confiscation:
• Firearm-related homicides dropped nearly 66%
• Firearm-related deaths fell 50%

Fact: Gun crimes are rising throughout Australia after guns were banned. In Sydney alone, robbery rates with guns rose 160% in 2001, more in the previous year.
Source(s):
-Australian Bureau of Statistics, “Crime and Justice - Crimes Recorded by Police”, 2000
-Australian Institute of Criminology, “Report #46: Homicide in Australia, 2001-2002", April 2003
-The Sydney Morning Herald, “Costa targets armed robbers”, April 4, 2002

plagiarism - definition of plagiarism by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Don't post what you call evidence without a link! You haven't provided proof of anything.

Forum List

Back