California hits 6 million residents with unprecedented water restrictions, agriculture is exempt...lol

We aren't going to do what's right until it's too late.

My Russian friend said they have a saying about America. We will try everything else first before we do what's right.
your russian friend?....Winston Churchill said that.....

That might sound like a lot to a guy like me who lives in Michigan but

According data from the U.S. Census Bureau’s 2020, the median household income in California is $78,672. Note that this figure is the median gross income, meaning it does not take into account taxes or other deductions. It also does not include other non-cash benefits that one might get from a job, such as insurance or paid vacation time.

Also note that this is household income, which includes both single-earner households and single-income homes. The mean income, meanwhile, is $111,622.

So $62K for a laborer in Cali. Not bad for blue collar. If his wife makes $17K they make over the median household income in Cali.
i already proved you wrong with those figures bobo.....

Putting all the salt into the Ocean has serious consequences to all that live in the Oceans. Kelp forests are just one crucial living thing which provides Oxygen to the atmosphere when taking of tons of carbon dioxide per year.
That really depends on where you put the salt. On the shoreline, yup, big problem. Out further, no problems, most of the fresh water created by desalination would end up back in the ocean anyway.

Research and development into useful products made from sea salt wouldn't be difficult either. You folks lack all comprehension of scope and scale.

Notice he doesn't do anything about the illegal Marijuana grows that steal millions of gallons of water. Notice that he arbitrarily closed the desalination plant in San Diego that purified 50 million gallons of water a day.

What's his point?

I guess it all depends on how much money you have. That's true in every state/nation right?

If California were a sovereign nation (2021), it would rank as the world's fifth largest economy, ahead of India and behind Germany. Additionally, California's Silicon Valley is home to some of the world's most valuable technology companies, including Apple, Alphabet Inc., and Meta Platforms.

GDP per capita: $85,546 (2021)
GDP growth: 7.8% (2021)
Population below poverty line: 13.3%

Those numbers are based on certain assumptions that would no longer be reality if it were to become a separate nation. Even beyond that, money doesn't make the world go round.

The Chicago River was changed from flowing into Lake Michigan and taking the water from Lake Michigan; you are correct it never flows back to any of the Great Lakes.

Damn.

If nestle bottles water and sells it in Arizona, that water never makes it back to the Great Lakes. If I drink it here in Michigan no biggy.

Notice he doesn't do anything about the illegal Marijuana grows that steal millions of gallons of water. Notice that he arbitrarily closed the desalination plant in San Diego that purified 50 million gallons of water a day.

What's his point?
Are they illegal? They aren’t in Michigan. And it doesn’t take that much water. Maybe a lot of electricity?

i already proved you wrong with those figures bobo.....
No you didn’t. You talked about all the people who make less than those numbers. We have those everywhere. The rich like my brother bring the number up. He’s an employee and makes $1 million a year. Factor him into the number right?

What's his point?
Q. Who is he?

Predictably, Gavin Newsom is putting citizens last, corporations first, like the good DemoKKKrat he is. And, of course, stormtroopers will be out to "enforce the ordinance".

To enforce the restrictions, LADWP will reportedly patrol Los Angeles streets to “educate Angelenos on the days of the week watering restrictions and to enforce the ordinance.”

“Californians made significant changes since the last drought but we have seen an uptick in water use, especially as we enter the summer months. We all have to be more thoughtful about how to make every drop count,” Newsom added.

Starting Wednesday, Southern California residents in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, and Ventura counties will be limited to outdoor water usage one or two days out of the week or have water volume restrictions. The Metropolitan Water District targeted these three counties because they are dependent on water transported from Northern California regions. The agency has also requested all Southern California residents to diminish water usage by 20 to 30 percent.

For example, Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) customers are limited to watering their grass or plants two days out of the week, with dedicated days based on home address. Residents who live in homes with odd-numbered street addresses may water Monday and Friday, while even-numbered street addresses may water Thursday and Sunday.

Outdoor watering is prohibited for all residents between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm. To enforce the restrictions, LADWP will reportedly patrol Los Angeles streets to “educate Angelenos on the days of the week watering restrictions and to enforce the ordinance.”
CA needs more illegals consuming scarce resources

many of them are.....and yes those farms use a lot of water....
It’s big business. You won’t go after illegal employers who hire illegal workers but you want to go after American pot farmers?

They’re like moonshiners. Lol

And don't be ignorant how science works and ask us to send Great Lakes water to you. We're already doing that too much. The corporations are winning that fight right now. And I'm sure if California wants to pay, a corporation will bribe our politicians and they'll sell our water.

The problem with doing that is that the water never ends up back in the Great lakes. A dumb ass Californian drinks it, pisses it into their toilet, it flushes and goes into their sewers and water treatment plants and it doesn't ultimately land back where it came from like it does when I drink it here.

The idea is as old and dusty as the desert Southwest: Pipe abundant Great Lakes water to parched cities out West, such as Phoenix and Las Vegas. The idea's been dismissed for as long as it's been pitched, with adamant opposition from Great Lakes states, whose representatives crafted a pact with Canada just to stop such a thing.

But the latest person to see large-scale Great Lakes water diversions as a future likelihood might make some in the Midwest do a double take — the chief water scientist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California.

We are doomed.
You dont own the water in the Great Lakes. Stop grandstanding.

It rains here almost everyday so please with you give us water crap

We do
You dont own the water in the Great Lakes. Stop grandstanding.

It rains here almost everyday so please with you give us water crap
We own the Great Lakes. Look it up. Politicians, lobbyists and corporations may be stealing it. They may have changed the laws. But last I checked us and a couple other states have the water rights. Arizona or wherever you live begs us for our water. NASA is going to get some. Mother fuckers.

We do

We own the Great Lakes. Look it up. Politicians, lobbyists and corporations may be stealing it. They may have changed the laws. But last I checked us and a couple other states have the water rights. Arizona or wherever you live begs us for our water. NASA is going to get some. Mother fuckers.
Lmao. You dont own shit Mr Michigan. The Great Sealybobo owner of the Great lakes.

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

No you didn’t. You talked about all the people who make less than those numbers. We have those everywhere. The rich like my brother bring the number up. He’s an employee and makes $1 million a year. Factor him into the number right?
yea i did...i showed you a list of what most people in most jobs make in cal......your list shows an avg of all workers,you do realize that the wealthy people out there bring that avg up to what you say most people make......if you live along the wealthy coast you are making a good living .....in many places inland you may be way under 80K a year...in California it all depends on were you live.....

Forum List

Back