California Noticed That The Second Amendment Provides No Right To Ammunition

Gun control advocates are launching a new regulatory push in California to impose first-in-the-nation instant background checks for ammunition sales, a move that comes as gun violence surfaces as a lightning rod issue in the 2016 presidential race.

Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom, a Democratic candidate for governor in 2018, joined with the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence in announcing the initiative last week.

The November 2016 ballot initiative, which already is being slammed by the National Rifle Association and other gun rights groups, would make changes on several fronts.

It would require owners to turn in "large-capacity" magazines -- those holding 11 rounds or more -- and report when their weapons are stolen. Perhaps the most controversial provision would handle ammo sales like gun sales by requiring "point-of-sale background checks" for ammunition purchases; dealers also would need a license similar to those required to sell firearms.

As New York has backed off a similar initiative, California would be the first state to enact such background checks, if the initiative is successful. Four states -- Connecticut, Illinois, Massachusetts and New Jersey -- require ammunition purchasers to obtain permits ahead of time, according to the initiative's supporters.

The proposal comes in the wake of high-profile killings nationwide and three in the San Francisco Bay Area that were tied to stolen guns.

"Stuff doesn't just have to happen," Newsom said last week, responding to comments by Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush about a recent mass shooting on an Oregon college campus. "We have the ability to step in with some common sense. We have the ability to protect our families."

But the National Rifle Association said Newsom's effort would chip away at Second Amendment rights.

Top California official pushes ammo background checks

So, since the Second Amendment says nothing about a right to ammunition or large-capacity magazines, it looks like California may be on to something. We shall see...

Yo, I see a "BIG" Lawsuit coming, GET THEM NRA!!!

"GTP"
View attachment 52960
That's not the guy that got shot on the gun range, is it?

This is an oldie but goldie Lakhota Actually the bitch that came at this angle was a Canuck. Douche bag and all.

Hit the ammo. The game is to make the ammo so up there in cost that no one can afford it. Phewwwwwwwwwwww.

Hehehehehe.

This is sort of stalled because people like myself and my husband can do not only black powder but we know how to whack em and stack em. With black powder or bows.

Now you are a pretend indian. But I'd like you to picture my back yard. Pretend you are First Nations. My back yard consists of acres of sunflowers this year. I walk through it to the woods daily.

They don't understand people like us at all. They don't have a clue that we can caste our own bullets.

We are free. I won't give this up ever. And I am awesome with my bow.

Yeah, I know, you can leap tall buildings in a single bound. Your stupid shit really gets old. Many people can cast bullets - but only a small percentage actually do.

Not buildings in a single bound.

You really don't get it do you? My husband is unreal. His marksmanship is to die for.

I'm not as good as him but I'd say I'm pretty damn good. More on bow. More on percussion.

Come fishing with me? I'll make you wished you died as a child. Something about fish. They love me. It's like they have a death wish when I put my hook in the water.

:lol:

You're an amusing little braggart.

Well first off you have to understand I'm a Boone. We are one hell of a crazy family with a lot of stories.

One of my first most memorable moments fishing was in a place called New Liskeard. I'm on pylons on a bank. My dad baited my hook and sort of put me to one side while he and my mom went down to the river to throw in.

I'm bobber magic. Hahahaha. Still do it.

I'm doing the lalalalala thing when a big pull hit my line. So I'm sitting there. In a dress and with my saddle shoes on going......whoa geeze. Now this is a big pull and I am on a side of a bank on this river that's at least a 45 degree angle.

My parents aren't watching me. I'm lalala ing.

The son of a bitch came back at the bait. Hit big and I started of course sliding down the logs to the river. Being the excellent child I was as an only child I and I didn't want to make my parents upset I grab the rod and started running back up the bank.

Now my parents noticed we have an issue.I have a biggie on the line.

:lmao:

I had a damn sturgeon on the line and I wasn't going to let go. To me it was just a big fishy fishy. I learned later I was fighting a giant sturgeon in a dress with saddle shoes. Not your typical fishing gear and I got him with a worm.

My parents ran not knowing what to do because I at that point in time was not going to let go. I've been known to be stubborn even as a kid. :)

I won.

He tasted really really good because my Matka (the Ukrainian side of the family) baked him off and he was a blessing.

Add lemon slices. Killer.

Lmao, that would have been a sight to see

This is an oldie but goldie Lakhota Actually the bitch that came at this angle was a Canuck. Douche bag and all.

Hit the ammo. The game is to make the ammo so up there in cost that no one can afford it. Phewwwwwwwwwwww.

Hehehehehe.

This is sort of stalled because people like myself and my husband can do not only black powder but we know how to whack em and stack em. With black powder or bows.

Now you are a pretend indian. But I'd like you to picture my back yard. Pretend you are First Nations. My back yard consists of acres of sunflowers this year. I walk through it to the woods daily.

They don't understand people like us at all. They don't have a clue that we can caste our own bullets.

We are free. I won't give this up ever. And I am awesome with my bow.

Yeah, I know, you can leap tall buildings in a single bound. Your stupid shit really gets old. Many people can cast bullets - but only a small percentage actually do.

You really don't get it do you? My husband is unreal. His marksmanship is to die for.

I'm not as good as him but I'd say I'm pretty damn good. More on bow. More on percussion.

Come fishing with me? I'll make you wished you died as a child. Something about fish. They love me. It's like they have a death wish when I put my hook in the water.

Well first off you have to understand I'm a Boone. We are one hell of a crazy family with a lot of stories.

One of my first most memorable moments fishing was in a place called New Liskeard. I'm on pylons on a bank. My dad baited my hook and sort of put me to one side while he and my mom went down to the river to throw in.

I'm doing the lalalalala thing when a big pull hit my line. So I'm sitting there. In a dress and with my saddle shoes on going......whoa geeze. Now this is a big pull and I am on a side of a bank on this river that's at least a 45 degree angle.

The son of a bitch came back at the bait. Hit big and I started of course sliding down the logs to the river. Being the excellent child I was as an only child I and I didn't want to make my parents upset I grab the rod and started running back up the bank.

I had a damn sturgeon on the line and I wasn't going to let go. To me it was just a big fishy fishy. I learned later I was fighting a giant sturgeon in a dress with saddle shoes. Not your typical fishing gear and I got him with a worm.

My parents ran not knowing what to do because I at that point in time was not going to let go. I've been known to be stubborn even as a kid. :)

I won.

He tasted really really good because my Matka (the Ukrainian side of the family) baked him off and he was a blessing.

I just remember trying to be quiet so my parents could fish and watching that bobber go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy down. Then bumping down the logs towards the water.

At one point it hit me as I'm heading towards the river buck up and run back up the bank or I'm going in.

My mom was horrified. My dad was proud I held onto the pole and got the fish.

You gotta love your dads.

Gun control advocates are launching a new regulatory push in California to impose first-in-the-nation instant background checks for ammunition sales, a move that comes as gun violence surfaces as a lightning rod issue in the 2016 presidential race.

Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom, a Democratic candidate for governor in 2018, joined with the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence in announcing the initiative last week.

The November 2016 ballot initiative, which already is being slammed by the National Rifle Association and other gun rights groups, would make changes on several fronts.

It would require owners to turn in "large-capacity" magazines -- those holding 11 rounds or more -- and report when their weapons are stolen. Perhaps the most controversial provision would handle ammo sales like gun sales by requiring "point-of-sale background checks" for ammunition purchases; dealers also would need a license similar to those required to sell firearms.

As New York has backed off a similar initiative, California would be the first state to enact such background checks, if the initiative is successful. Four states -- Connecticut, Illinois, Massachusetts and New Jersey -- require ammunition purchasers to obtain permits ahead of time, according to the initiative's supporters.

The proposal comes in the wake of high-profile killings nationwide and three in the San Francisco Bay Area that were tied to stolen guns.

"Stuff doesn't just have to happen," Newsom said last week, responding to comments by Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush about a recent mass shooting on an Oregon college campus. "We have the ability to step in with some common sense. We have the ability to protect our families."

But the National Rifle Association said Newsom's effort would chip away at Second Amendment rights.

So, since the Second Amendment says nothing about a right to ammunition or large-capacity magazines, it looks like California may be on to something. We shall see...

Those Californians are so sharp. They deserve the drought, expensive electric power, mud slides wild fires and the earthquakes.

They understand that the First Amendment prevents them from interfering with a a publisher right to printing or publishing whatever , but from their standpoint they can regulate paper and or make it scarce or extremely expensive. They can also regulate broadcasting equipment out of existence.

Their scam is not going to work. Americans will learn how to make their own ammunition, and/or buy it from the blackmarket.

FREEMEN will ensure that their fascist scam fails.

Actually the Second Amendment does address ammunition.

Last year the Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that ammunition is subject to Second Amendment jurisprudence, meaning laws seeking to regulate ammunition must pass Constitutional muster.

In this case San Francisco prohibits the sale, not possession, of cartridges with hollow-point bullets; such ammunition is legal in the City provided it's purchased outside of the jurisdiction.

Consequently, if the proposition passes, its ammunition provision is subject to a court challenge.

Court backs S.F.'s gun storage law, hollow-point bullet ban

I won.

I just remember trying to be quiet so my parents could fish and watching that bobber go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy down. Then bumping down the logs towards the water.

At one point it hit me as I'm heading towards the river buck up and run back up the bank or I'm going in.

Tiny you tell story's good. You a writer or something...?

Those Californians are so sharp. They deserve the drought, expensive electric power, mud slides wild fires and the earthquakes.

They understand that the First Amendment prevents them from interfering with a a publisher right to printing or publishing whatever , but from their standpoint they can regulate paper and or make it scarce or extremely expensive. They can also regulate broadcasting equipment out of existence.

Their scam is not going to work. Americans will learn how to make their own ammunition, and/or buy it from the blackmarket.

FREEMEN will ensure that their fascist scam fails.

Actually the Second Amendment does address ammunition.

Last year the Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that ammunition is subject to Second Amendment jurisprudence, meaning laws seeking to regulate ammunition must pass Constitutional muster.

In this case San Francisco prohibits the sale, not possession, of cartridges with hollow-point bullets; such ammunition is legal in the City provided it's purchased outside of the jurisdiction.

Consequently, if the proposition passes, its ammunition provision is subject to a court challenge.

Court backs S.F.'s gun storage law, hollow-point bullet ban

You are aware the rest of the country hates that piece of shit 9th circuit court right?

I hope it passes, though I doubt it will. It would be the perfect case to put a stop to much of the regressivecrats gun agenda. Ammunition absent a gun is harmless and there is no compelling State interest in the State interfering with commerce that in and of itself creates no public safety issue. It will also be an opportunity for the courts to further define "firearms in common use". Bring it.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Do you not know how easy it is to make a magazine?

Do you not know how easy it is to make a bullet?

You think regulations are going to stop people from getting bullets in California? Are you freakin nuts? If they don't simply buy them by the trunk load, and sell them illegally on the streets, they'll make them in their basement and sell them on the streets.

Making a bullet is easier than growing pot.

Last edited:

I won.

Tiny you tell story's good. You a writer or something...?

Well I guess you could call me a raconteur, I have this strange ability to remember in minute detail my life and others. I could fill in this day with crazy small details. Right down to the bobber being a new one with two long pointed ends not round and stubby like we used in Princess Park and my mother grimacing as my dad threaded the worm on the hook to the cars and trucks passing by on the bridge above me.

Its a strange gift to be sure.

:)

My family members love me at funerals because I can remember parts of their lives in minute detail. Oh my gosh does that make me the funeral crasher?

It seems to help them thru though.

Or you have a right to speech but you can't have access to electronic devices, paper or pens........

Paper would be allowed. And quill pens, carved from feathers. A fountain pen would be right out, though. What does anyone need with such a device, anyway—a “semiautomatic assault pen”, with a “high-capacity ink bladder”, capable of writing pages of text without reloading? Surely, only the government can be trusted with such. And don't get me started on “fully-automatic” pens, such as those based on felt-tip or ballpoint technology.

U can't blare your free speech in the middle of a neighborhood at 2am.

At least I can write like a grownup. I'm not too damn stupid to spell a simple, common word, such as “you”. That, in itself, proves that I am at least a few orders of magnitude more intelligent than an illiterate cretin with an Œdipus complex, such as yourself has any hope of ever being.

The far left wants abortion....wants no compromise.

The far right wants total gun access....wants no compromise.

I love listening to the two of them squeal at each other about how wrong they are on each issue.

When, in many ways, it's really the same issue.

Perceived rights.

Except the right to bear arms has it's own Constitutional Amendment.
Nowhere in the Constitution is there specific language for abortion.

I get your point though, and I've mentioned it myself many times.
The left goes nuts when there's any call for restrictions to abortion.
We on the right in turn get very nervous when calls for gun restrictions are made.

There should never ever be "restrictions" on the ownership and control of one's own body but if the right actually believed in the value of fetuses, they would not fight against feeding children or saving their lives.

And the far left jumps right in to prove my point.

Thanks.

More end runs around the constitution.

and the police can turn in their "high capacity" magazines as well.

California the state which gives rights to illegals and takes rights from Americans.

If CA is dumb enough to believe that ammo is not implied then they probably need to sink into the ocean. Id miss the napa wines but thats it.

Forum List

Back