California Noticed That The Second Amendment Provides No Right To Ammunition

Gun registration is totally constitutional . In the flip side , you couldn't ban ammunition . That would violate the 2nd .

Looks like the left is learning from the right and their bogus laws designed to eliminate abortion in Texas .

No, gun registratin is not constitutional....see Haynes v. Untied States.....that will nullify any attempt at gun registration except if the court ignores reality.

This case?

United States v. Hayes, 555 U.S. ----, 129 S.Ct. 1079 (2009),[1] is a United States Supreme Court case interpreting Section 921(a)(33)(A) of the federal Gun Control Actof 1968, as amended in 1996. The Court held that that a domestic relationship is not necessarily a defining element of the predicate offense to support a conviction for possession of a firearm by a person previously convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.

That is dumber than hell. Right to unfettered access to ammo is inherent in the second amendment. Otherwise it would be meaningless. That's like saying you have a right to an abortion but all forceps are now illegal.

Leftists exhibit a special kind of stupid sometimes.

Or you have a right to speech but you can't have access to electronic devices, paper or pens........

U can't blare your free speech in the middle of a neighborhood at 2am.

But you are not prior restrained until you break that law...this is prior restraint where you have to prove your innocence to exercise a right....

and you can't use a gun to murder people.....right? so guns are covered by the law already...you guys want to make a legal transaction illegal...without governmemt sanction.....

..so it is okay with you guys to make people have a background check to vote....right?

Gun registration is totally constitutional . In the flip side , you couldn't ban ammunition . That would violate the 2nd .

Looks like the left is learning from the right and their bogus laws designed to eliminate abortion in Texas .

No, gun registratin is not constitutional....see Haynes v. Untied States.....that will nullify any attempt at gun registration except if the court ignores reality.

This case?

United States v. Hayes, 555 U.S. ----, 129 S.Ct. 1079 (2009),[1] is a United States Supreme Court case interpreting Section 921(a)(33)(A) of the federal Gun Control Actof 1968, as amended in 1996. The Court held that that a domestic relationship is not necessarily a defining element of the predicate offense to support a conviction for possession of a firearm by a person previously convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.

Haynes...not hayes.....

That is dumber than hell. Right to unfettered access to ammo is inherent in the second amendment. Otherwise it would be meaningless. That's like saying you have a right to an abortion but all forceps are now illegal.

Or you have a right to speech but you can't have access to electronic devices, paper or pens........

But you are not prior restrained until you break that law...this is prior restraint where you have to prove your innocence to exercise a right....

and you can't use a gun to murder people.....right? so guns are covered by the law already...you guys want to make a legal transaction illegal...without governmemt sanction.....

..so it is okay with you guys to make people have a background check to vote....right?

We do. U have to register to vote.

This case?

Haynes v. United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

if a felon cannot be requires to register an illegal gun than neither can you require law abiding citzens to register their guns....

As with many other 5th amendment cases, felons and others prohibited from possessing firearms could not be compelled to incriminate themselves through registration.[1][2] The National Firearm Act was amended after Haynes to make it apply only to those who could lawfully possess a firearm. This eliminated prosecution of prohibited persons, such as criminals, and cured the self-incrimination problem. In this new form, the new registration provision was upheld. The court held: " To eliminate the defects revealed by Haynes, Congress amended the Act so that only a possessor who lawfully makes, manufactures, or imports firearms can and must register them", United States v. Freed, 401 U.S. 601 (1971).[3]The original Haynes decision continues to block state prosecutions of criminals who fail to register guns as required by various state law gun registration schemes.

that isn't a criminal background check.

This case?

Haynes...not hayes.....

How crazy is it that both cases deal wh guns!?

Anyway Haynes doesnt apply cause they fixed the self incrmination loophole .

The National Firearms Act of 1934 required the registration of certain types of firearms. Miles Edward Haynes was a convicted felon who was charged with failing to register a firearm under the Act. Haynes argued that, because he was a convicted felon and thus prohibited from owning a firearm, requiring him to register was essentially requiring him to make an open admission to the government that he was in violation of the law, which was thus a violation of his right not to incriminate himself.

Majority opinionEdit

In a 7-1 decision, the Court ruled in 1968 in favor of Haynes. Earl Warren dissented in a one sentence opinion and Thurgood Marshall did not participate in the ruling.

As with many other 5th amendment cases, felons and others prohibited from possessing firearms could not be compelled to incriminate themselves through registration.[1][2] TheNational Firearm Act was amended after Haynes to make it apply only to those who could lawfully possess a firearm. This eliminated prosecution of prohibited persons, such as criminals, and cured the self-incrimination problem. In this new form, the new registration provision was upheld. The court held: " To eliminate the defects revealed by Haynes, Congress amended the Act so that only a possessor who lawfully makes, manufactures, or imports firearms can and must register them", United States v. Freed, 401 U.S. 601 (1971).[3]The original Haynes decision continues to block state prosecutions of criminals who fail to register guns as required by various state law gun registration schemes.

Sure it is . In many places felons can't vote .

If there were any rational basis for that argument, then you would have to equally apply it to the First Amendment, and apply it only to means of communication, and to religions, which existed at the time it was written.

You could communicate by standing on a soapbox in the public square and speaking to anyone there who would listen, or you could print flyers, handbills,and newspapers with an old-fashioned hand-operated printing press, using type that had to be set or carved by hand; but the use of any more modern technology would not be protected. And as a Mormon, my freedom of religion would not be protected, since my religion didn't exist when the First Amendment was written.

By your logic, the First Amendment would not prohibit government from denying me the right to practice my religion; and it would not prohibit government from imposing restriction s on what messages may be communicated over the Internet, over any electronic technology, and even by more modern printing methods than existed in the late 18th century.

The Second Amendment only guarantees a right to what was in existence when it was written.

musket.jpg

By the way, rifles were known in that time, and in fact, played an important role in our victory in the Revolutionary war. Conventional methods of warfare, at the time, revolved around muskets, which were, as this meme says, not terribly accurate, but they were relatively quick to reload. Rifles of the time were much slower to reload, but had much greater range and accuracy, and in many instances, Americans used them to great effect in the Revolution, to pick off British soldiers well before they got close enough to make any effective use of their muskets.

Sure it is . In many places felons can't vote .

Sorry...you would need to go through a background check just before you vote....felony status would not show up if you registered and then became a felon...so you are good with criminal background checks to vote?

This is an oldie but goldie Lakhota Actually the bitch that came at this angle was a Canuck. Douche bag and all.

Hit the ammo. The game is to make the ammo so up there in cost that no one can afford it. Phewwwwwwwwwwww.

Hehehehehe.

This is sort of stalled because people like myself and my husband can do not only black powder but we know how to whack em and stack em. With black powder or bows.

Now you are a pretend indian. But I'd like you to picture my back yard. Pretend you are First Nations. My back yard consists of acres of sunflowers this year. I walk through it to the woods daily.

They don't understand people like us at all. They don't have a clue that we can caste our own bullets.

We are free. I won't give this up ever. And I am awesome with my bow.

This is an oldie but goldie Lakhota Actually the bitch that came at this angle was a Canuck. Douche bag and all.

Hit the ammo. The game is to make the ammo so up there in cost that no one can afford it. Phewwwwwwwwwwww.

Hehehehehe.

This is sort of stalled because people like myself and my husband can do not only black powder but we know how to whack em and stack em. With black powder or bows.

Now you are a pretend indian. But I'd like you to picture my back yard. Pretend you are First Nations. My back yard consists of acres of sunflowers this year. I walk through it to the woods daily.

They don't understand people like us at all. They don't have a clue that we can caste our own bullets.

Yeah, I know, you can leap tall buildings in a single bound. Your stupid shit really gets old. Many gun owners can cast bullets - but only a small percentage actually do.

Last edited:

Hehehehehe.

Yeah, I know, you can leap tall buildings in a single bound. Your stupid shit really gets old. Many people can cast bullets - but only a small percentage actually do.

Not buildings in a single bound.

You really don't get it do you? My husband is unreal. His marksmanship is to die for.

I'm not as good as him but I'd say I'm pretty damn good. More on bow. More on percussion.

Come fishing with me? I'll make you wished you died as a child. Something about fish. They love me. It's like they have a death wish when I put my hook in the water.

:lol:

Hehehehehe.

Yeah, I know, you can leap tall buildings in a single bound. Your stupid shit really gets old. Many people can cast bullets - but only a small percentage actually do.

You really don't get it do you? My husband is unreal. His marksmanship is to die for.

I'm not as good as him but I'd say I'm pretty damn good. More on bow. More on percussion.

Come fishing with me? I'll make you wished you died as a child. Something about fish. They love me. It's like they have a death wish when I put my hook in the water.

You're an amusing little braggart.

Hehehehehe.

You're an amusing little braggart.

Well first off you have to understand I'm a Boone. We are one hell of a crazy family with a lot of stories.

One of my first most memorable moments fishing was in a place called New Liskeard. I'm on pylons on a bank. My dad baited my hook and sort of put me to one side while he and my mom went down to the river to throw in.

I'm bobber magic. Hahahaha. Still do it.

I'm doing the lalalalala thing when a big pull hit my line. So I'm sitting there. In a dress and with my saddle shoes on going......whoa geeze. Now this is a big pull and I am on a side of a bank on this river that's at least a 45 degree angle.

My parents aren't watching me. I'm lalala ing.

The son of a bitch came back at the bait. Hit big and I started of course sliding down the logs to the river. Being the excellent child I was as an only child I and I didn't want to make my parents upset I grab the rod and started running back up the bank.

Now my parents noticed we have an issue.I have a biggie on the line.

:lmao:

I had a damn sturgeon on the line and I wasn't going to let go. To me it was just a big fishy fishy. I learned later I was fighting a giant sturgeon in a dress with saddle shoes. Not your typical fishing gear and I got him with a worm.

My parents ran not knowing what to do because I at that point in time was not going to let go. I've been known to be stubborn even as a kid. :)

I won.

He tasted really really good because my Matka (the Ukrainian side of the family) baked him off and he was a blessing.

Add lemon slices. Killer.

Forum List

Back