California raises minimum wage to $10 an hour

You never really considered how that happens did you? You aren't paying 15 bucks because the borderline idiot on the cash register is making minimum wage. Once that person get's the same wage as you then you will absolutely pay 15 bucks for a Happy Meal.

Do they teach math or economics anymore? I swear.

"the borderline idiot on the cash register"?

My what an elitist attitude you have there pal. Typical though for a corporate-greed raised and influenced child such as yourself.
Yep, very elitist. I earned it. I actually worked for McD's for a week back in the day, got fired since I wasn't conforming. I was way better than that job and went on to make much more than was ever possible at that job. I have no problem with McD's workers they just aren't that useful or worth more than minimum wage. Especially if it increases the price of their crap product to the point I don't want it anymore.

WOW! And yet you still eat that crap that McDonalds calls food? You ARE a certified idiot my friend.

1968's min wage would be 11 dollars today. Thanks Pubs...

You have obviously never heard of the FED, or have any idea who they are or what they do. They do count on the stupid like you to keep going though.

So you're one of the ignorant hater dupes that blame everything on the Fed....idiot...lol. Most things killing the nonrich are thanks to greedy idiot Pubs...which you ain't one of...:eusa_whistle:

Damn, you really have no clue what the FED does or how that effects inflation, economic growth, interest rates or the value of the dollar. No f*cking clue at all. How do you go through life so f*cking ignorant?

My what an elitist attitude you have there pal. Typical though for a corporate-greed raised and influenced child such as yourself.
Yep, very elitist. I earned it. I actually worked for McD's for a week back in the day, got fired since I wasn't conforming. I was way better than that job and went on to make much more than was ever possible at that job. I have no problem with McD's workers they just aren't that useful or worth more than minimum wage. Especially if it increases the price of their crap product to the point I don't want it anymore.

WOW! And yet you still eat that crap that McDonalds calls food? You ARE a certified idiot my friend.

Well I don't survive on the food, I have some every now and then. Raise the price on that crap and I will eat it every now and never.

You're obviously a bottom feeder that has no education or motivation other than what the government can force your employer to pay you. That's pretty sad really. You seem to be a younger guy that should be looking up at a career that will be monetarily as well as emotionally fulfilling. Yet you choose to submit yourself to making a minimum wage you think the government can enforce. What a pathetic waste.

You have obviously never heard of the FED, or have any idea who they are or what they do. They do count on the stupid like you to keep going though.

So you're one of the ignorant hater dupes that blame everything on the Fed....idiot...lol. Most things killing the nonrich are thanks to greedy idiot Pubs...which you ain't one of...:eusa_whistle:

Damn, you really have no clue what the FED does or how that effects inflation, economic growth, interest rates or the value of the dollar. No f*cking clue at all. How do you go through life so f*cking ignorant?

Get over yourself fool.

Bravo California! Bravo Governor Jerry Brown!

California signs law raising minimum wage to $10/hour by 2016 - NBC News.com

California has become the first state in the nation to commit to raising the minimum wage to $10 per hour, although the increase will take place gradually until 2016 under a bill signed into law by Democratic Governor Jerry Brown on Wednesday.

yet another example of the government acting as the enabler for folks who, for one reason of another, are satisfied with just barely being able to pay their bills... folks who haven't yet been (and mebbe will never be) motivated to take it upon themselves to make a better life for themselves...

Last edited:

Well I don't survive on the food, I have some every now and then. Raise the price on that crap and I will eat it every now and never.

You're obviously a bottom feeder that has no education or motivation other than what the government can force your employer to pay you. That's pretty sad really. You seem to be a younger guy that should be looking up at a career that will be monetarily as well as emotionally fulfilling. Yet you choose to submit yourself to making a minimum wage you think the government can enforce. What a pathetic waste.

Bla, bla, bla.

Bla, bla, bla.

Bla, bla, bla, bla.

Change your tired old tune pal, I'm not impressed.

Last edited:

California has become the first state in the nation to commit to raising the minimum wage to $10 per hour, although the increase will take place gradually until 2016 under a bill signed into law by Democratic Governor Jerry Brown on Wednesday.

yet another example of the government acting as the enabler for folks who, for one reason of another, are satisfied with just barely being able to pay their bills... folks who haven't yet been (and mebbe will never be) motivated to take it upon themselves to make a better life for themselves...

75 years of minimum wage laws and it's still not working. That's the funny part about these extremists, their solutions never solve the problem.

$10 per hour in most parts of California has less buying power than $7.25 per hour in most red states. This was long overdue. While I do support a higher minimum wage, it really needs to be tied to the cost of living in each state, and in many instances the breakdown needs to be more concise than just a statewide breakdown. Even in California, the difference in cost of living is quite substantial between LA and San Fran versus Bakersfield, as an example.

$10 per hour in most parts of California has less buying power than $7.25 per hour in most red states. This was long overdue. While I do support a higher minimum wage, it really needs to be tied to the cost of living in each state, and in many instances the breakdown needs to be more concise than just a statewide breakdown. Even in California, the difference in cost of living is quite substantial between LA and San Fran versus Bakersfield, as an example.

yep... we should definitely make yet another wrong-headed governmental fiat even more byzantine and difficult to follow for both government lackeys and employers... not to mention the costs involved in implementation, both in terms of wasted government resources for enforcement and wasted private-sector money paying more for work, well above and beyond what it's worth...

Last edited:
Nothing is trickling up.

Plenty to trickle up. The worker now has more to spend on gasoline which means more trips with extra cash on hand to spend on at restaurants, theatres, supermarkets, 7/11's, ballparks, malls, Wal Mart, K-Mart, Target, etc, etc, etc. Get the picture?

That same worker just got laid off because the resturant he works in is shutting down because it had to raise its prices to pay its workers. Everyone loses. Dumbass

Yup. Its common sense 101.

Apparantly KidRocksforbrains and Seawitch don't have much common sense.

The more labor costs, the higher prices will be. Simple unless your Rocksforbrains or a Seawitch,

Guess everyone will only be able to make $10/hr in CA now.

Democrats keep making the same mistakes and ruining economies. They'll never change.

But are the jobs all worth $10.00 per hour? No one who supports higher minimum wages can seem to answer that question.

It's called trickle-up.

So how is a business supposed to be profitable when its paying people doing work worth $8.00 an hour $10.00 an hour?

Also, how is this supposed to not result in inflation, thus negating the overall increase in the first place, and also screwing over everyone else?

Who established the net worth of a worker to it's employer? You? Thought so.

Its based on the value of the end product of the labor provided. If the labor provided costs more than its value, the product will cost more than its value, and if it not a needed commodity it will become a losing product.

I've eaten that CRAP in several different countries. One thing was for certain, no matter what country you go to, if they have a McDonald's the food is the same. You can count on it.

Plenty to trickle up. The worker now has more to spend on gasoline which means more trips with extra cash on hand to spend on at restaurants, theatres, supermarkets, 7/11's, ballparks, malls, Wal Mart, K-Mart, Target, etc, etc, etc. Get the picture?

Yea and all those products and services they are going to buy at restaurants, theatres, supermarkets, malls, K-Mart, ect.ect.ect will be more expensive since they have to pay their minimum wage employees more. So no wealth is gained at all.

Bullshit. The cost of living goes up anyway while wages remain the same. Profits for companies go up while wages remain the same. His cost for living for most products and services will go up... while his wages remain stagnant and the same.

Thank God for COLA and gov't forced minimum-wage hikes. Next?

ah, the evil profit motive raises its ugly head, all companies should just break even, right? who the fuck needs profit? profit is evil and should be illegal, right? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

You are correct. Profit is the root of all evil. The Bible says as much.

Can you cite where in the Bible it says that?

Profit is the root of all evil.

Nice to see this, I wish more on the Left would admit this opinion. Honesty is a good thing, and it's in short supply.

Of course, take away profit motive and all countries end up looking like Haiti, but that's okay, at least we got the rich guys.

Got 'em good!

:rock:

It was a freudian post and is actually how they feel about someone who makes profit.

Forum List

Back