California woman says gym told her to cover up because she was intimidating members

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
California woman says gym told her to cover up because she was intimidating members

RICHMOND: Woman asked to cover up at gym because her body was... | www.ktvu.com

The gym claims "no judging" but does just that and claims this woman's outfit is "intimidating to others". Those interviewed stated, 'its unfair to show off your body". The gym employs what it calls a 'lunk alarm' which goes off if you "breath too hard" and or "drop a weight".

Another person in the interview says "Sport is discriminatory, selective in nature and is elitist" and he agrees with what the gym is doing.

She is ticked and cancelled her membership immediately.

Nothing better than aerobics class in college in the late '70's, early '80's when the outfits were skimpy and I was the only male in a class of 30 fine females..

Nothing better than aerobics class in college in the late '70's, early '80's when the outfits were skimpy and I was the only male in a class of 30 fine females..

LOL, I knew a guy once who was in the ARMY and an aerobics instructor came in and the guys had a hard time keeping up with her, even though all fit men.

What do you expect this is the same Gym that had a man forcefully ejected by cops for grunting while lifting weights.

Print here,

Gym tells woman she's intimidating guests with 'toned body' | www.ktvu.com

Photo of her outfit.

toofit.jpg

I dunno. Kinda torn on this. Should she have been asked to cover up? No. On the other hand, I know when I used to go to the gym many moons ago, I felt...awkward with my own body compared to some of the really toned gals in there. But that is the issue of those who felt as I did, not the gal who worked to get it that way.

CaféAuLait;8801552 said:

I think it is something other than that, to be honest. She doesn't look that toned to me and her outfit is ok in my opinion. Maybe she has attitude. Or maybe the gym owner is racist or something. I dunno. But I know damn well that is NOT "too toned".

I don't think its the gym owner being racist. Others said " its unfair to show off your body" and the man in the interview agreed with the gyms actions.

I dunno. Kinda torn on this. Should she have been asked to cover up? No. On the other hand, I know when I used to go to the gym many moons ago, I felt...awkward with my own body compared to some of the really toned gals in there. But that is the issue of those who felt as I did, not the gal who worked to get it that way.

I suppose I can understand being awkward or feeling such. Trying to see the other side here, would someone dressed as she was or skimpier, stop you from going to the gym back then?

CaféAuLait;8801586 said:

I suppose I can understand being awkward or feeling such. Trying to see the other side here, would someone dressed as she was or skimpier, stop you from going to the gym back then?

Make me go more often and stay longer......

CaféAuLait;8801586 said:

She put a T-shirt on provided by the Gym and still they complained that is when she demanded her money back.

CaféAuLait;8801586 said:

Maybe. Depending on the attitude of the woman or women in question.

Again, she is not "toned". She has a belly. Small, but it's there. The gym is afraid to say why and came up with this flimsy excuse.

Again, she is not "toned". She has a belly. Small, but it's there. The gym is afraid to say why and came up with this flimsy excuse.

The story is from the woman. Read the story they specifically complained about her appearance then her string straps then unspecific body issues.

Don't need to read it. Gut instinct says it is something else. She is NOT toned, her suit is fine. Someone "complained" and I am betting it isn't about her body or her outfit. It's something else. HER version would be different than their's. And even if asked, i doubt if they will tell the truth.

Forum List

Back