California woman says gym told her to cover up because she was intimidating members

CaféAuLait;8801552 said:
Print here,

Gym tells woman she's intimidating guests with 'toned body' | www.ktvu.com

Photo of her outfit.

toofit.jpg

Welcome to the Islamic Republic of America, Shawarmas and Samboosa in Isle 2. :(

Looks to me like a loophole a business owner can use to avoid law and crate the bigotry they want.

In some states, they won't have to have these rules. They can tell that black womn to leave when she walks in the door. Heaven forbid she was ordering a cake........

First off, this post is "word of mouth" and I'm sick of false news using word of mouth as actual news. It's just idiotic.

Secondly, she looked like she did as much wrong as Trayvon Martin. Clothing is important if you don't want bigots to target you.

So what is the topic here. It's not actually about 1 person in the news. Is it about the store owners right to deny business to anyone? Or is it the stores right to deny business to anyone?

Should there be a sign in some gyms; "No fatties" and other gyms "No skinny's".
How do you manage to function in life with a brain like that?

CaféAuLait;8801517 said:
California woman says gym told her to cover up because she was intimidating members

RICHMOND: Woman asked to cover up at gym because her body was... | www.ktvu.com

The gym claims "no judging" but does just that and claims this woman's outfit is "intimidating to others". Those interviewed stated, 'its unfair to show off your body". The gym employs what it calls a 'lunk alarm' which goes off if you "breath too hard" and or "drop a weight".

Another person in the interview says "Sport is discriminatory, selective in nature and is elitist" and he agrees with what the gym is doing.

She is ticked and cancelled her membership immediately.
Well, she definately needs to cover someone....

Preferably ME!!!!

:D:D

Because everyone else is taken, the only person that anyone can be is themselves.

God bless you and that woman always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I don't blame that woman for cancelling her membership.

CaféAuLait;8801517 said:

RICHMOND: Woman asked to cover up at gym because her body was... | www.ktvu.com

The gym claims "no judging" but does just that and claims this woman's outfit is "intimidating to others". Those interviewed stated, 'its unfair to show off your body". The gym employs what it calls a 'lunk alarm' which goes off if you "breath too hard" and or "drop a weight".

Another person in the interview says "Sport is discriminatory, selective in nature and is elitist" and he agrees with what the gym is doing.

She is ticked and cancelled her membership immediately.

The "gym" is one of those "for fatties" types I assume? Seeing the woman's pic I was surprised. I expected some roid monster bodybuilder type. She doesn't actually look all that toned to me. Kinda average if anything. So I can only conclude this gym has a special clientel which is only feeling intimidated by the comparison.

No, its not a specialty gym in that sense. It is a gym which has alarms which set off if someone breaths too loud and or puts weights down too loud though. I posted the video a bit back. It also says 'no judging' and no attitude...

She was also recovering from a car accident and had just started to go back to the gym and grabbed this membership without obviously knowing the gym was so judgmental after they claimed not to judge.

I dunno. Kinda torn on this. Should she have been asked to cover up? No. On the other hand, I know when I used to go to the gym many moons ago, I felt...awkward with my own body compared to some of the really toned gals in there. But that is the issue of those who felt as I did, not the gal who worked to get it that way.

I don't think she is really all that toned. Thin yes but not necessarily toned. I think they have the policy for everyone , so everyone can feel at ease, but it took a minority to become a victim and make it news.

I dunno. Kinda torn on this. Should she have been asked to cover up? No. On the other hand, I know when I used to go to the gym many moons ago, I felt...awkward with my own body compared to some of the really toned gals in there. But that is the issue of those who felt as I did, not the gal who worked to get it that way.

I don't think she is really all that toned. Thin yes but not necessarily toned. I think they have the policy for everyone , so everyone can feel at ease, but it took a minority to become a victim and make it news.

She was asked to put on one of their T-shirts which she did. That should have been the end of it. But they came back and complained some more.

She was asked to put on one of their T-shirts which she did. That should have been the end of it. But they came back and complained some more.

If that is true, and I have no reason to think it is not, then what was their beef after she put on a tee shirt? Was she exercising during time when there were just overweight people? And please I don't want to hear it was about race.

If that is true, and I have no reason to think it is not, then what was their beef after she put on a tee shirt? Was she exercising during time when there were just overweight people? And please I don't want to hear it was about race.

Actually the story I just read was a little different. She agreed to wear the T-shirt and when the employee went to get it another employee approached her and complained so she got her money back and left.

Apparently, a second person came up to remind her ( supposedly without knowledge the first employee already had) and that is when she left.

CaféAuLait;8806821 said:

Apparently, a second person came up to remind her ( supposedly without knowledge the first employee already had) and that is when she left.

Yes, I went and read that, she has the perfect solution, take her money elsewhere.

What this gym seems to me to be is the progressives dream where no one feels inferior even if they are.

CaféAuLait;8801552 said:

I think it is something other than that, to be honest. She doesn't look that toned to me and her outfit is ok in my opinion. Maybe she has attitude. Or maybe the gym owner is racist or something. I dunno. But I know damn well that is NOT "too toned".

She's toned. She's thin, but there is not an ounce of fat on her.

CaféAuLait;8802196 said:
That's like joining a choir but ya can't sing.

LOL yup, it almost sounds like a Monastic silence in a monastery.

Looks to me like a loophole a business owner can use to avoid law and crate the bigotry they want.

In some states, they won't have to have these rules. They can tell that black womn to leave when she walks in the door. Heaven forbid she was ordering a cake........

First off, this post is "word of mouth" and I'm sick of false news using word of mouth as actual news. It's just idiotic.

Secondly, she looked like she did as much wrong as Trayvon Martin. Clothing is important if you don't want bigots to target you.

So what is the topic here. It's not actually about 1 person in the news. Is it about the store owners right to deny business to anyone? Or is it the stores right to deny business to anyone?

Should there be a sign in some gyms; "No fatties" and other gyms "No skinny's".

Dude, you are an ignoranus. (That's not a typo.)

CaféAuLait;8801555 said:
No way! LOL I had not seen that one.

Are you kidding? Some of those guys can't lift a 50 pound barbell without screaming like a mountain lion!

:eek:
Yep. I set up my own home gym and that was one of the reasons. That and 4 guys wanting to "work in" with the machine. WTF, I don't take 5 minute breaks between reps. There seems to always be at least one guy announcing to the world that he is lifting the equivelent of the Empire State Building. All four reps with a ten minute break between sets while he exercises his upper and lower mandables.

Forum List

Back