Callous Conservatism and bigotry on steroids

He's a schizophrenic whose parents have given him a cellphone to keep in touch. There's a million and one different, valid, reasons a person might have a phone and not a home.

I don't believe Marty's ignorance is willful. somehow he was dropped on his head too many times.
arent you in your 70s? How do lack such basic amounts of awareness?
For all you know, those guys could be fucking crackheads. Get off your high horse.

Nope...a crack head would sell the phone for a high. And even if they were, my high horse would encourage treatment not derision.
There you go assuming but no one else can. You are just as stupid as Wry

Fuck you!
Dont battle the logic, just name call. :rolleyes:
And your fucking ass talks down about that style of posting :rofl:
Grow up you old fucker.

60 years now or so and the war on poverty has cost trillions of dollars to get all the way to homeless people have cell phones. Typical government program. But for a few trillion more he can be homeless and have universal healthcare.

I don't believe Marty's ignorance is willful. somehow he was dropped on his head too many times.
For all you know, those guys could be fucking crackheads. Get off your high horse.

Nope...a crack head would sell the phone for a high. And even if they were, my high horse would encourage treatment not derision.

What I don't assume is that they should be derided for being homeless and in possession of a telephone.
Maybe they should. FFS, i will say it again You dont know how they ended up in that situation
So why automatically assume the worse? So that you can feel justified in your derision?

What I don't assume is that they should be derided for being homeless and in possession of a telephone.
Maybe they should. FFS, i will say it again You dont know how they ended up in that situation
So why automatically assume the worse? So that you can feel justified in your derision?
I didnt assume anything. YOU did. Just like others. But you attack the other side for assuming. The logic is non existent.

Yup, chock full of compassion. You're soooooo conservative.

Yeah, far more compassionate to just let him stay on the street. There are plenty of programs out there for people like this, some of them just like being homeless, or we can't commit them because of bleeding heart idiots like you.

My tax dollars "at work".

I doubt very much your tax dollars pay for much of anything - likely they wouldn't pay for one cab ride by Trump's daughter and son-in-law to their lawyers office and lunch afterward.

I make $130k a year in NYC so my tax $$ and those of my fellow NY'ers pay for plenty of this.

If you can't take care of yourself, then we should be able to dictate how you are taken care of.

If he's schizophrenic and can't take care of himself. Institutionalize him

If he's just fucking a lazy millennial, work program time.

how is leaving him on the street compassionate?

I don't believe you. I receive more in my retirement, and I've shared how a LE upper management retiree can receive that compensation. Tell us what you do to earn $130k a year, and yet piss and moan about having to pay $200 for a gun permit.

I'm an Environmental Engineer specializing in Construction.

The fact you receive more in retirement from a government job is an example of how fucked we are.

And its closer to $600 for a gun permit and a 3-6 month wait, you government fuck-stooge.

Well that's ironic (if true), you sure write like a high school drop out, and nothing you post suggests you care about others or the environment. Hating government and its regulators is not environmental friendly. How much of the 130k includes bribes?

Boo fucking hoo. These assholes are mostly physically capable of working, but would rather panhandle. They have made NYC a mess again.

And there is nothing wrong with pointing out the fact some asshole sleeping on the street can afford a freaking high end cell phone.

Another example of ignorance, bigotry and froideur (i.e. haughty aloofness and cold superiority).

There are plenty of services and shelters available to people like this.

Again, HE HAS A FUCKING CELL PHONE!!!!

He's a schizophrenic whose parents have given him a cellphone to keep in touch. There's a million and one different, valid, reasons a person might have a phone and not a home.

So why don't his parent's commit him?

Oh wait we did away with commitments because it was cruel, so it's better they stay on the street, pollute our sidewalks, and be potential threats.

wait a minute....you dont care if and why the guy is on the street,marty cares enough to at least ask why....and he is the one showing no compassion?....

I didnt assume anything. YOU did. Just like others. But you attack the other side for assuming. The logic is non existent.

My first post said, in response to all the original automatic assumptions, especially Douche Chavetz, was:

There's a million and one different, valid, reasons a person might have a phone and not a home.

In other words, don't automatically assume the worst.

Yeah, far more compassionate to just let him stay on the street. There are plenty of programs out there for people like this, some of them just like being homeless, or we can't commit them because of bleeding heart idiots like you.

My tax dollars "at work".

I doubt very much your tax dollars pay for much of anything - likely they wouldn't pay for one cab ride by Trump's daughter and son-in-law to their lawyers office and lunch afterward.

I make $130k a year in NYC so my tax $$ and those of my fellow NY'ers pay for plenty of this.

If you can't take care of yourself, then we should be able to dictate how you are taken care of.

I don't believe you. I receive more in my retirement, and I've shared how a LE upper management retiree can receive that compensation. Tell us what you do to earn $130k a year, and yet piss and moan about having to pay $200 for a gun permit.

The fact you receive more in retirement from a government job is an example of how fucked we are.

And its closer to $600 for a gun permit and a 3-6 month wait, you government fuck-stooge.

Well that's ironic (if true), you sure write like a high school drop out, and nothing you post suggests you care about others or the environment. Hating government and its regulators is not environmental friendly. How much of the 130k includes bribes?

Are you accusing me of a criminal act?

I write like an engineer, you write like some drone who pushed paper for 40 years. I care about others who care about themselves. I care about the environment when there are direct threats, not make up stuff designed to give government power. And I care about regulations when they are simple and needed, not some way to ban something without actually banning it.

Again, are you accusing me of a criminal act or not?

Another example of ignorance, bigotry and froideur (i.e. haughty aloofness and cold superiority).

So why don't his parent's commit him?

Oh wait we did away with commitments because it was cruel, so it's better they stay on the street, pollute our sidewalks, and be potential threats.

wait a minute....you dont care if and why the guy is on the street,marty cares enough to at least ask why....and he is the one showing no compassion?....

yep, the homeless can stay homeless as long as they create an excuse of cushy government jobs like the one wry had.

I write like an engineer, you write like some drone who pushed paper for 40 years. I care about others who care about themselves. I care about the environment when there are direct threats, not make up stuff designed to give government power. And I care about regulations when they are simple and needed, not some way to ban something without actually banning it.

You proved my point, you write like a high school drop out. A Question is not an accusation.

Corruption is more common in the private sector than it is in the public one. That's my experience, after reading countless numbers of police reports, probation reports and public complaints of officer misconduct; hours of criminal trials and interviewing the accused and witnesses, attending conferences with managers, directors and chief's of police and of probation, DA's and judges.

Public corruption makes upper the fold front page news, private corruption only rarely.

Last edited:
Jason Chaffetz Hits a New Low by Shaming a Homeless NYC Resident on Instagram

What is it with Republicans that the rich and/or very powerful among them have, of late, taken to berating "average" citizens/residents? WTH? Chafetz, luminaries in the media, his former colleagues in Congress, along with other high ranking appointed and elected office holders should do only a few things when it comes to "regular" people: (1) applaud and accord their good deed and noteworthy achievements, (2) listen to their grievances and, when appropriate, champion and/or effect resolutions to them, (3) listen to their suggestions and, when appropriate, seek to see them implemented, and (4) resoundingly and with courage chide the citizenry's collectively reprobate behavior and mores.

That someone of his social status, renown and political position would stoop to castigating a "mere" citizen is reprehensible. It should be beneath him, but clearly it is not. That is not a lapse in judgment. It's a manifestation of his woefully malformed and ruffian character.

Chafetz's remark -- "Americans have choices, and they've gotta make a choice. [...] so maybe rather than getting that new iPhone that they just love and they want to go spend hundreds of dollars on that, maybe they should invest in their own health care. They've gotta make those decisions themselves." -- isn't out of line for a news/cultural commentator. His taking the matter to the level of "insta-shaming" a homeless man, however, is and barbarously so. Moreover, it's nearly certain to be parasitically presumptive; Chafetz likely has no idea how that man came by his iPhone. (Indeed, though unlikely, the homeless guy could be willfully so rather than unavoidably so due to being destitute.)

Last edited:

You proved my point, you write like a high school drop out. A Question is not an accusation.

Corruption is more common in the private sector than it is in the public one. That's my experience, after reading countless numbers of police reports, probation reports and public complaints of officer misconduct; hours of criminal trials and interviewing the accused and witnesses, attending conferences with managers, directors and chief's of police and of probation, DA's and judges.

Public corruption makes upper the fold front page news, private corruption only rarely.

It is an accusation and a backhanded one at that. Again, are you accusing me of a crime or not?

yes or no, fuckhole.

What is it with Republicans that the rich and/or very powerful among them have, of late, taken to berating "average" citizens/residents? WTH? Chafetz, luminaries in the media, his former colleagues in Congress, along with other high ranking appointed and elected office holders should do only a few things when it comes to "regular" people: (1) applaud and accord their good deed and noteworthy achievements, (2) listen to their grievances and, when appropriate, champion and/or effect resolutions to them, (3) listen to their suggestions and, when appropriate, seek to see them implemented, and (4) resoundingly and with courage chide the citizenry's collectively reprobate behavior and mores.

That someone of his social status, renown and political position would stoop to castigating a "mere" citizen is reprehensible. It should be beneath him, but clearly it is not. That is not a lapse in judgment. It's a manifestation of his woefully malformed and ruffian character.

Chafetz's remark -- "Americans have choices, and they've gotta make a choice. [...] so maybe rather than getting that new iPhone that they just love and they want to go spend hundreds of dollars on that, maybe they should invest in their own health care. They've gotta make those decisions themselves." -- isn't out of line for a news/cultural commentator. His taking the matter to the level of "insta-shaming" a homeless man, however, is and barbarously so. Moreover, it's nearly certain to be parasitically presumptive; Chafetz likely has no idea how that man came by his iPhone. (Indeed, though unlikely, the homeless guy could be willfully so rather than unavoidably so due to being destitute.)

Noblesse Oblige (the inferred responsibility of privileged people to act with generosity and nobility toward those less privileged) is passé. The Callous Conservative blames the poor, the aged, the infirm and addled but never themselves. They've fallen prey to the propaganda and Big Lies of the special interests, and are rarely members of the privileged class, and thus regularly vote against there best interests.

OT:
Noblesse Oblige (the inferred responsibility of privileged people to act with generosity and nobility toward those less privileged) is passé.
I don't agree with you, but maybe you're right, at least with regard to certain circles....I can say only that nobody's ever complained when I've exhibited that form of consideration toward them.

Though almost anything is possible, few things are. We don't have enough information about the homeless man to know what is extant about him and his situation.

Though almost anything is possible, few things are. We don't have enough information about the homeless man to know what is extant about him and his situation.
That is exactly my point. The people screaming from both sides are just trying to politicize it for points.

Leave it to a Republican to provide a perfect example of the coldness of callous conservatives, that set who lack the basic human attributes of humanity and benevolence.

This homeless person has a cell phone? And Chaffetz is the problem?

We don't know about the person in question, we know Chaffetz is an asshole kissing up to the base (Fox TV Viewers) in the hopes he will be VP if and when Trump is impeached, found incompetent under the 25th Amendment or quits as Nixon did.

That is exactly my point. The people screaming from both sides are just trying to politicize it for points.
Well, as he's no longer a Congressman, there's little point in making Chafetz the object of a politicization attempt; however, Chafetz's comment about the homeless guy is caddishly reprehensible. Chafetz thus deserves to be rebuked for having made it. That has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with basic human decency.

FWIW, had Chafetz constrained his remarks to the abstract pronouncement about some destitute individuals' proclivity for making imprudent expenditures, he'd deserve no chiding, but Chafetz exercised no such restraint. On the contrary, Chafetz impertinently singled out a specific individual, with a photo no less. Furthermore, Chafetz added insult to injury as he attempted to bolster his earlier admonition's (the condign one that had Chafetz stopped there, there'd be no basis for rebuking him) legitimacy by atomistically implying that one can soundly extrapolate that the incidence of the homeless man he pictured indicates the phenomenon of destitute and ostensibly mendicant vagrants spending hundreds on iPhones (smartphones) is pervasive enough to be material.

Can any of us happen upon a vagabond who has a "fancy" trinket or two? I'm sure we can. Be that as it may, one visit to a homeless shelter will to anyone reveal that homeless people are not awash in dear geegaws and gizmos they purchased.

Lastly, its unconscionable in my mind that one such as Chafetz would of the simple pleasure of base entertainment begrudge and make example of an unshod man who clearly also has neither roof o'er his head nor shirt on his back.

Forum List

Back