Can a Catholic not like his communist Pope?

Exactly, PICNICS, it is what they do to raise money for pedophile priests. As for fornication, drinking in excess and gambling...perhaps Catholics should concentrate on reading the bible instead of praising the Pope and letting him tell them what to do as opposed to the Word of God. Then again, I guess you think Catholic priests fucking altar boys isn't fornication or a sin.
Anyone ever been to a Catholic picnic. Drinking, gambling, fornication...not of God. Catholics are far from Christian as they pervert the word to satisfy their worldly needs.

Boozing, betting and fucking are not sins. I did warn you that you were going to stain your pants again. Sure enough...

Btw there's no such thing as a "Catholic picnic". There's no "picnic" even mentioned in the Catholic Constitution.

Anyone ever been to a Catholic picnic. Drinking, gambling, fornication...not of God. Catholics are far from Christian as they pervert the word to satisfy their worldly needs.

Race hustling is not Christian either. That's like the pot calling the kettle black...or is it the pot pretending to be black calling the kettle racist for political points?

Race hustling is not Christian either. That's like the pot calling the kettle black...or is it the pot pretending to be black calling the kettle racist for political points?
WTF are you talking about? Did the Pope tell you to say that.

Exactly, PICNICS, it is what they do to raise money for pedophile priests. As for fornication, drinking in excess and gambling...perhaps Catholics should concentrate on reading the bible instead of praising the Pope and letting him tell them what to do as opposed to the Word of God. Then again, I guess you think Catholic priests fucking altar boys isn't fornication or a sin.

Boozing, betting and fucking are not sins. I did warn you that you were going to stain your pants again. Sure enough...

Btw there's no such thing as a "Catholic picnic". There's no "picnic" even mentioned in the Catholic Constitution.

:dig:

"For it is written -- amen amen I say to you, when you findeth yourself in a hole, yea verily the first thing to do is quit diggin'."

"For it is written -- amen amen I say to you, when you findeth yourself in a hole, yea verily the first thing to do is quit diggin'."
Did your Pope create that 'verse'??? You should read the bible and not listen to the perverted word of man.

How is it that your God allowed Pope Frank to ascend to the top position that he now occupies if he truly is as you say he is? Surely your God does not allow for a communist pinko to lead Catholic in the free world now does He? ~ Susan
PS If Popes really gave a crap about any poor person one would think that anyone of them throughout history would have sold off an old master painting, or two of the many that are locked in the Vatican vaults to relieve that person's suffering, would one not? Money . . . it drives our economy and that, too, the economy of the Vatican. Can you imagine a Pope plucking off a valuable ring off of one of his fat little fingers to relieve the suffering of one of his sheep? Nawww . . . totally impossible as we all know if we had the courage not to delude ourselves.

Pope to raffle gifts given to him to raise money for the poor Reuters

Pope Francis Auctions Off His Harley-Davidson CatholicVote.org

Pope Francis auctions off gifts he has received from world leaders Daily Mail Online

He's definitely got a heart for people and for the poor, not the kind to keep aloof from the masses at all. He's at his best when ministering to people. I'm definitely touched by what I see as Christ like character in the man. But the other side of his persona is a craving for approval on the world stage and a compromise of the truth and the sacred mission of the Church in order to accommodate wordly, and dare I say Satanic, agendas. We all have our blindnesses. I just wish the person we choose to be the Vicar of Christ had fewer of them.

I could slap an "agree" on this post if it had stopped halfway.

Please elaborate on these "Satanic agendas".

Communism, global warming, and Islamic violence to silence free speech are Satanic agendas.

Any more questions?

Yeah -- you haven't essplained what you just wrote.

Taking them back-to-front:
--- where exactly has this Pope (or any pope) committed Islamic violence to silence free speech?
--- how is "global warming" a Satanic agenda? Do you think the Koch brothers are polluting the world out of service to "Satan"? It's an interesting theory but unrealistic.
--- "communism".... we covered this already; looks like you need to go back and re-read from the beginning.

Did your Pope create that 'verse'??? You should read the bible and not listen to the perverted word of man.

You're on to Ignore since you have zero to contribute here. I suggest SMDT do the same; we don't need the pollution in what could otherwise be adult discussion. He and I may have variant viewpoints but at least he understands what Catholicism is. You obviously do not.

Poof -- there he goes. Shoulda done that a long time ago.

How is it that your God allowed Pope Frank to ascend to the top position that he now occupies if he truly is as you say he is? Surely your God does not allow for a communist pinko to lead Catholic in the free world now does He? ~ Susan
PS If Popes really gave a crap about any poor person one would think that anyone of them throughout history would have sold off an old master painting, or two of the many that are locked in the Vatican vaults to relieve that person's suffering, would one not? Money . . . it drives our economy and that, too, the economy of the Vatican. Can you imagine a Pope plucking off a valuable ring off of one of his fat little fingers to relieve the suffering of one of his sheep? Nawww . . . totally impossible as we all know if we had the courage not to delude ourselves.

Pope to raffle gifts given to him to raise money for the poor Reuters

Pope Francis Auctions Off His Harley-Davidson CatholicVote.org

Pope Francis auctions off gifts he has received from world leaders Daily Mail Online

He's definitely got a heart for people and for the poor, not the kind to keep aloof from the masses at all. He's at his best when ministering to people. I'm definitely touched by what I see as Christ like character in the man. But the other side of his persona is a craving for approval on the world stage and a compromise of the truth and the sacred mission of the Church in order to accommodate wordly, and dare I say Satanic, agendas. We all have our blindnesses. I just wish the person we choose to be the Vicar of Christ had fewer of them.

Communism, global warming, and Islamic violence to silence free speech are Satanic agendas.

Any more questions?

--- where exactly has this Pope (or any pope) committed Islamic violence to silence free speech?
--- how is "global warming" a Satanic agenda? Do you think the Koch brothers are polluting the world out of service to "Satan"? It's an interesting theory but unrealistic.
--- "communism".... we covered this already; looks like you need to go back and re-read from the beginning.

You haven't been paying too much attention, have you? Pope Francis weighed in on the Islamic terror controversy saying that free speech should have limits and insulting other religions should not be allowed. Educate yourself before telling me I need to do the same: The Pope is wrong on religious speech - CNN.com

You're on to Ignore since you have zero to contribute here. I suggest SMDT do the same; we don't need the pollution in what could otherwise be adult discussion. He and I may have variant viewpoints but at least he understands what Catholicism is. You obviously do not.
If I worshipped a man, prayed to man-made saints and believed in the Catholic church more than Jesus himself, I would put me on ignore too!

If I worshipped a man, prayed to man-made saints and believed in the Catholic church more than Jesus himself, I would put me on ignore too!

You're on ignore. This is long overdue. Have a nice life.

Any more questions?

You haven't been paying too much attention, have you? Pope Francis weighed in on the Islamic terror controversy saying that free speech should have limits and insulting other religions should not be allowed. Educate yourself before telling me I need to do the same: The Pope is wrong on religious speech - CNN.com

Ah but I have. And to that I've already raised the question -- was that cartoon mocking a religion.... or was it indeed mocking those who cloak themselves in religion in order to excuse their commission of atrocities? The latter, methinks.

In any case that's a social commentary, not a religious one.

You're on ignore. This is long overdue. Have a nice life.

Good call. :thup:

quite the conundrum Catholics find themselves in.

The Pope is infallible, to them, every thing he says is right and should be followed

but

he is a fucking communist

tough call, freedom and hell or slaves and heaven
Many people would say Jesus was a communist. Would you abandon him just as easily?

CxIKULN.jpg

Jesus was not a communist and I defy you to prove otherwise.
Neither is the Pope, and consequently your thread fails as a straw man fallacy.

Any more questions?

Ah but I have. And to that I've already raised the question -- was that cartoon mocking a religion.... or was it indeed mocking those who cloak themselves in religion in order to excuse their commission of atrocities? The latter, methinks.

One could argue that anyone who's truly religious could never commit violence. We aren't beleaguered by stories of Hindu suicide bombers or Buddhists cutting off heads. Every world religion is respectable when it's peaceful and peaceful exercise of faith seems to be the common thread in all the world's religions....

...except Islam. So I agree that we can ask, are these people truly religious?

I've met Muslims who are truly peaceful individuals, their religion makes them so. They are unfortunately overshadowed by the non religious, those for whom Islam is an excuse for murderous and violent acting out.

The Pope is infallible, to them, every thing he says is right and should be followed

but

Many people would say Jesus was a communist. Would you abandon him just as easily?

CxIKULN.jpg

Popes can't be communist? They've been much worse historically. It's why very little of my Catholic faith predicates on faith in the papacy.

Any more questions?

One could argue that anyone who's truly religious could never commit violence. We aren't beleaguered by stories of Hindu suicide bombers or Buddhists cutting off heads. Every world religion is respectable when it's peaceful and peaceful exercise of faith seems to be the common thread in all the world's religions....

I've met Muslims who are truly peaceful individuals, their religion makes them so. They are unfortunately overshadowed by the non religious, those for whom Islam is an excuse for murderous and violent acting out.

Sorry, biased sample fallacy.

And none of this has anything to do with the Pope anyway. I thought that was the topic.

Any more questions?

And none of this has anything to do with the Pope anyway. I thought that was the topic.

It is. The Pope has no business trying to silence free speech or validate religious violence.

None.

but

CxIKULN.jpg

Popes can't be communist? They've been much worse historically. It's why very little of my Catholic faith predicates on faith in the papacy.

What do you mean, "worse"?
You seem to be starting from a pretext that "communism" is a negative, which begs the question what you think it actually is. You even tried to make a distinction between commune and commune-ism. I've given you a copiously described example of religious communism that works. How do you reconcile that?

Or to go back to your previous point, there are virtually no Hutterites that commit violence. One or possibly two murders in five hundred years. Not that that has anything to do with "communism" but how do you reconcile that?

It is. The Pope has no business trying to silence free speech or validate religious violence.

None.

Where does the Pope have any authority to silence speech?

Is the Pope, alone among the billions of humans on the planet, not entitled to an opinion?
Doesn't that smack of silencing his free speech?

Back to popes that have been "communist or worse".... what do you mean by "worse"? Like what?

Forum List

Back