Can a person work past age 80? Discuss.

Can someone over 80 work?

• Yes

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Why not? Are you thinking there is some rule?
I do not have to work but I do because I get bored being around the house all the time

I know a guy who is 95 who retired at 55. Told him he killed it being retired longer than he had to work LOL. Anyway, I guess it depends on the person and the job. I know people in their very late 70's still working but they aren't flipping burgers or running machines. Realtors, insurance guys and the like.

My wife's old boss (lawyer) worked into his 90s.

I remember a guy well into his 80s who laid cinder block/brick and could out work most people 1/3rd of his age. He had hands like the block he laid.....I bet if he hit you it would have knocked you into another dimension.

I have a question for all of y'all. Can a person work or have a job past 80?
If they are mentally and physically able, I don't see a problem. However, by the age of 80, you have a higher risk of mental and physical decline and if a particular occupation requires you to be extremely sharp in your decision making, you at 80 are far less likely to be as mentally acute as you were in even your middle ages. There's also occupations that are very physically demanding and at 80, that's out.
I believe that in situation of political candidates running for the presidency, there should be an Constitutional Amendment stipulating an actual age limit for any candidate regardless of their political party. Biden should have never run for president in the 2020 election. Even then, in the limited times he gave speeches, they weren't sharp.
In Trump's case, I would like to see a younger candidate, but he still seems pretty sharp, whereas Biden in 2020, couldn't stray from the teleprompter for very long. If Trump wins, we might very likely see his running mate have to take over the reins. Time will tell.

Forum List

Back