Can Any Dem/lib Tell Us What Agency The Govt Has Run Efficiently?

Are you serious?

:lmao:

Besides the fact that the money comes from the general fund which has a massive deficit? Is that what you folks call efficiency?

The money doesn't come from the general fund the money comes from payroll tax revenues and interest earned on those revenues.

You have fallen victim to a myth.

There is no interest earned on worthless IOUs, moron. The taxes all go into the general fund, and the payments all come out of the general fund.

No they don't. Payroll taxes are dedicated funds. They cannot be used for general fund expenditures unless they are borrowed, and thus pay interest.

wrong again.

How is Social Security Financed?

Social Security is financed through a dedicated payroll tax.

Social Security Administration How is Social Security financed

Now go ahead and prove that the SSA isn't telling the truth.

the money that is withheld from your paycheck for SS goes into the general fund. It is not put in a "SS only" account. SSA administers the payments using money transferred to them from the general fund.

The money doesn't come from the general fund the money comes from payroll tax revenues and interest earned on those revenues.

There is no interest earned on worthless IOUs, moron. The taxes all go into the general fund, and the payments all come out of the general fund.

No they don't. Payroll taxes are dedicated funds. They cannot be used for general fund expenditures unless they are borrowed, and thus pay interest.

wrong again.

the money that is withheld from your paycheck for SS goes into the general fund. It is not put in a "SS only" account. SSA administers the payments using money transferred to them from the general fund.

Once again, prove that the SSA isn't telling the truth:

From its inception, the Trust Fund has always worked the same way. The Social Security Trust Fund has never been "put into the general fund of the government."

Social Security History

Are you serious?

Besides the fact that the money comes from the general fund which has a massive deficit? Is that what you folks call efficiency?

NO they don't. The taxes go into the trust fund, which the government then steals borrows from.

wrong again.

You are incorrect. The money DOES go into a trust fund,then the greed cock suckers in congress borrow it.

Many people, myself included, beleve that it is in fact empty, no surplus, but the monthly intake DOES go into a trust fund

I would however love to see prove that the government pays interest on intergovernmental debt, because I don't believe they do.

"classical liberals have insisted that an economic system based on private property is uniquely consistent with individual liberty, allowing each to live her life —including employing her labor and her capital — as she sees fit. Indeed, classical liberals and libertarians have often asserted that in some way liberty and property are really the same thing; it has been argued, for example, that all rights, including liberty rights, are forms of property; others have maintained that property is itself a form of freedom"

Off topic,what does the above have to do with an off hand comment about Conservatives and military funding,it dosn't.

To be fair i did one bad using classical for today liberals they are not,what I meant was is classical for today's liberals to make such a stupid comment on military funding,got it know are you still running with what you think i know? Keep trying

Well the point is the W folks did propose a world class military, and wars, with cutting taxes and not paying for it, but perhaps they aren't what you mean by conservatives, and if that's the case, whom do you consider "conservative."

And the "liberals" in congress aren't the ones calling for a balanced budget.

You do know my reply had just moved beyond the smoke and mirrors illusion that Democrats are for the middle class.

Incidentally, the only way to "keep folks stupid" is to put limits on ... or flat out deny them a choice in the QUALITY of education a vast majority of kids can receive. Which, I am so glad to say, I have a liberal who is at least honest enough to place in their reply a greater priority on UNIONS when the discussion was aimed at allowing parents to choose the best education standards for their OWN kids. Again we see the Left's political hero Barack Obama having the ability to afford for his kids what most in the "middle class" can't. Yet, if a party wants to "keep folks stupid" (as you say) why fear the ability of middle class parents the same "priviledges" a president also has ... especially one who makes this "claim" to the American people to be truly compassionate, can relate to and identify with, the needs of the middle class? (Pardon me if I laugh at the very notion).

This "War on Women", as I have already posted, is merely a cry for more greater government freebies, provision , and further dependency ... so career minded women no longer have to earn and provide those needs for themselves.

If the Democrats were honestly speaking for the needs of the middle class, what happened during the large gulf oil spill (for another example)? When those gulf states needed a BOOST in tourism that their summer revenue depended on, where was President Obama? Where did he choose to make the most of HIS vacation? Enjoying the high life and pleasures among the very rich of Martha's Vineyard.

What did those gulf states see of a Democrat Party that speaks of being there and relating to those needs of the middle class?

state+farm+fisherman.jpg

What Utter Bullshit

Republican Joe Barton apologizes to BP
That is what the Gulf States saw from Washington

I was speaking of this "image" that Democrats are for and sympathizes with the middle class. Can you tell me HOW is President Obama going to Martha's Vineyard a true representative of a party who has empathy for and meets those needs of the middle class right where they are at.... particularly among those gulf states in dire need to see a boost in summer tourism revenue that they greatly depend upon?

I didn't think so.

We don't want him in Mississippi. Seriously.

Don't worry.

Nobody wants to be in Mississippi.

Seriously.

And you have first hand knowledge of this.

Why yes..yes I do.

No way I would go to Mississippi.

The 10 poorest states are:

1. Mississippi
Median household income: $37,095
Unemployment rate: 9.2 percent
Percent below poverty line: 24.2 percent
What Are the 10 Richest and Poorest States in America

Poorest state in the nation.

What Utter Bullshit

Republican Joe Barton apologizes to BP
That is what the Gulf States saw from Washington

I was speaking of this "image" that Democrats are for and sympathizes with the middle class. Can you tell me HOW is President Obama going to Martha's Vineyard a true representative of a party who has empathy for and meets those needs of the middle class right where they are at.... particularly among those gulf states in dire need to see a boost in summer tourism revenue that they greatly depend upon?

I didn't think so.

We don't want him in Mississippi. Seriously.

Don't worry.

Nobody wants to be in Mississippi.

Seriously.

And you have first hand knowledge of this.

Why yes..yes I do.

No way I would go to Mississippi.

The 10 poorest states are:

1. Mississippi
Median household income: $37,095
Unemployment rate: 9.2 percent
Percent below poverty line: 24.2 percent
What Are the 10 Richest and Poorest States in America

Poorest state in the nation.

Good stay out and ignorant of Mississippi. We'll both be happy that way.

Are you serious?

NO they don't. The taxes go into the trust fund, which the government then steals borrows from.

The so-called "Trust Fund" is nothing but a scam designed to fool the suckers. It contains nothing but worthless IOUs.

SS is projected to be in surplus again once us boomers are dead and the millineals working. Hopefully, they won't do something stupid, like cut taxes again.

thats one projection, others are not so rosey. A simple solution that would work would be to collect SS taxes on all income, not just the first 106K.

we need to face the fact that we do not have individual SS savings accounts witht the government. SS is a tax, working people are paying for retired people.

We also need to raise the retirement age to 70
what if you have a job were you actually do something physical and by the time you hit 60 you may not be able to do what you do much longer?......thanks for your reply....

SS is projected to be in surplus again once us boomers are dead and the millineals working. Hopefully, they won't do something stupid, like cut taxes again.

thats one projection, others are not so rosey. A simple solution that would work would be to collect SS taxes on all income, not just the first 106K.

we need to face the fact that we do not have individual SS savings accounts witht the government. SS is a tax, working people are paying for retired people.

what if you have a job were you actually do something physical and by the time you hit 60 you may not be able to do what you do much longer?......thanks for your reply....
Then you have 40 years to prepare for the inevitable. I would suggest a 401k or have your union negotiate wage concessions for an earlier pension

Then you have 40 years to prepare for the inevitable. I would suggest a 401k or have your union negotiate wage concessions for an earlier pension
Tens of thousands of babies in the 1950s-'60s were born with deformities like this from Thalidomide:​

220px-NCP14053.jpg

Happened all over the world in over 40 countries. Didn't happen in the U.S.

Why not? Because the FDA put up a stop sign. And they were right.

This is Frances Kelsey of the FDA who put up that stop sign receiving the President's Award for Distinguished Citizen Service for doing that. She just turned 100 years old this summer.

170px-Kelsey_01.jpg

I'm not sure what that has to do with "the economy" but there ya go.

Additionally?

The safety record of American Airliners are remarkable. That's not because the captains of industry wish Americans to safely travel by air. That's because the Government has rigorous regulations in regards to air travel.

another dem/lib that does not know what "efficient" means. Yes, american airlines are pretty safe compared to those of maylaysia and kenya. But is the FAA efficient in its regulation of airlines? Is TSA an efficiently run agency? How about the border patrol? are we getting efficient effective border security from that govt agency?

Apparently YOU DON'T know what it means.

Efficiency in regards to running a government agency MEANS provisioning the right amount of RESOURCES to EFFECTIVELY get the job done.

If you DO NOT do that. Then you are NOT efficient.

Idiot.

And usually these agencies could run more efficiently if republicans weren't always trying to cut their funding to the bare bones.

Tens of thousands of babies in the 1950s-'60s were born with deformities like this from Thalidomide:​

220px-NCP14053.jpg

This is Frances Kelsey of the FDA who put up that stop sign receiving the President's Award for Distinguished Citizen Service for doing that. She just turned 100 years old this summer.

170px-Kelsey_01.jpg

Additionally?

The safety record of American Airliners are remarkable. That's not because the captains of industry wish Americans to safely travel by air. That's because the Government has rigorous regulations in regards to air travel.

another dem/lib that does not know what "efficient" means. Yes, american airlines are pretty safe compared to those of maylaysia and kenya. But is the FAA efficient in its regulation of airlines? Is TSA an efficiently run agency? How about the border patrol? are we getting efficient effective border security from that govt agency?

Efficiency in regards to running a government agency MEANS provisioning the right amount of RESOURCES to EFFECTIVELY get the job done.

Idiot.

And usually these agencies could run more efficiently if republicans weren't always trying to cut their funding to the bare bones. This is what republicans do.

That's just not true. In many cases, it's the Federal employee unions and their supporters in the Democratic Administrations which have grossly created bad management decisions.

It's political policies passed by Congresses of both parties -- veteran preference comes to mind, or as I call it, 5 points dumber.

And, it's additional funding for useless and worthless programs passed by Congress (almost always by Democrats) that civil servants still have to spend, by law.

you do realize that some of us do things that take a toll on the body.....when you are 20 years old....you dont think about the "inevitable".....and there are some jobs where when you hit 60 you are going to have a tough time keeping up.....67-68 forget it.....

220px-NCP14053.jpg

170px-Kelsey_01.jpg

Additionally?

Idiot.

And usually these agencies could run more efficiently if republicans weren't always trying to cut their funding to the bare bones. This is what republicans do.

That's just not true. In many cases, it's the Federal employee unions and their supporters in the Democratic Administrations which have grossly created bad management decisions.

It's political policies passed by Congresses of both parties -- veteran preference comes to mind, or as I call it, 5 points dumber.

And, it's additional funding for useless and worthless programs passed by Congress (almost always by Democrats) that civil servants still have to spend, by law.
so whats so bad about giving Vets 5 points?....

Additionally?

Idiot.

Because it's supposed to be a merit system. Meaning that the most qualified people get jobs.

Not 5 points for volunteering in a totally unrelated job.

wrong again.

Once again, prove that the SSA isn't telling the truth:

From its inception, the Trust Fund has always worked the same way. The Social Security Trust Fund has never been "put into the general fund of the government."

Social Security History

We know that's a lie because there is no money in the so-called "Trust Fund." There is only a bunch of utterly worthless government issued IOUs.

220px-NCP14053.jpg

170px-Kelsey_01.jpg

Additionally?

Idiot.

And usually these agencies could run more efficiently if republicans weren't always trying to cut their funding to the bare bones.

I'll agree with that but I'll also state that not everything these government agencies is ESSENTIAL. I think government should FOCUS on what is essential. I'll give you an example. There is scant need for the USPS to provide overnight/2 Day delivery. There is zero need for the Post Office to deliver on Saturdays. We are $17T in debt and we still fund PBS. When do we stop...when the debt gets to $20T?

How many different land-based fighter aircraft do we have, six? The F-15 that we're determined to replace is still superior to almost anything else in the air. Our LA Class subs are superior to anything subsurface...yet we're developing new subs. We need to win the race, we don't need to lap the field.

Our leaders (with our permission) have confused "nice to haves" with must haves. To our determent.

The next President needs to do one thing that other Presidents have not done; engage the Congressional leaders and her/his cabinet into identifying the challenges for the next 25-50 years. Do we still need to subsidize the oil and gas industry? Do we still need to fund NPR and PBS with the advent of cable television? Is it important to have a sub that can do 50 knots under the water when ships can't do 50 knots on the surface (just a hypothetical). How often should we replace bridges....Is it every 50,000,000 trips over the bridge or every 25 years? How many years have we had pocket calculators? Yet we still teach 10 years of basic math.

Anyway...

220px-NCP14053.jpg

170px-Kelsey_01.jpg

Additionally?

Idiot.

So let me get this straight: The way to make these agencies cheaper to run is to spend more money on them? Is that really what you're saying?

Idiot.

Because it's supposed to be a merit system. Meaning that the most qualified people get jobs.

believe me the civil service exam has nothing to do with getting the most qualified people....all it does is let them know you can read English....

Idiot.

believe me the civil service exam has nothing to do with getting the most qualified people....all it does is let them know you can read English....

They don't have exams anymore. Well, they do, but it is very, very rarely used.

Forum List

Back