Can any right winger give me one example

mmmjvpssm

Jun 9, 2011
Of a unionized company going belly up and it wasn't the union's fault? Personally unless it's a company owned by George Soros or something I doubt very much that they can because they have a knee jerk reaction to blame it on the union regardless of the facts. Hostess is a very stark example of that and I think proves it. Back in 2012 the Hostess employees took an 8% pay cut at the same time management gave themselves $1,800,000 in bonuses. Hostess employees get 8% pay cut, management gets $1.8m bonuses Then in 2013 the employees were told to take another pay cut while management gave themselves tens of millions of dollars in bonuses and pay raises. Take a wild guess which ones the rightwing says are being selfish?

You can look at Detroit, Michigan and Stockton, California to see what unions have done to their local economies. Quit playing this oh poor-pity-me party.

Unions can kill cities, not just companies. Man am I glad I live in a right to work state!

You can look at Detroit, Michigan and Stockton, California to see what unions have done to their local economies. Quit playing this oh poor-pity-me party.

Unions can kill cities, not just companies. Man am I glad I live in a right to work state!

yea a right to work for less state where the dumb donkeys have a plantation mentality:eusa_whistle:

yea a right to work for less state where the dumb donkeys have a plantation mentality:eusa_whistle:

Nice comeback! Now, what was your argument?

Thank God I live in Florida. Right to work baby!

Screw the unions, lazy fuckers.

The unions took a fucking pay cut while the management gave themselves 1.8M in bonuses. Then they were expected to take another pay cut while management gave themselves tens of millions in bonuses and pay raises and also stole the employees pensions. You don't have a right to work you only have a right to be screwed

Of a unionized company going belly up and it wasn't the union's fault? Personally unless it's a company owned by George Soros or something I doubt very much that they can because they have a knee jerk reaction to blame it on the union regardless of the facts. Hostess is a very stark example of that and I think proves it. Back in 2012 the Hostess employees took an 8% pay cut at the same time management gave themselves $1,800,000 in bonuses. Hostess employees get 8% pay cut, management gets $1.8m bonuses Then in 2013 the employees were told to take another pay cut while management gave themselves tens of millions of dollars in bonuses and pay raises. Take a wild guess which ones the rightwing says are being selfish?

Consolidated Freight. I went to work for them part-time in 1995. When asked if I 'wanted' to join the union I advised that since I was only working about 16 hours a week, I'd pass. Next time I visited the john, there were three union 'recruiters' waiting on me.

The 'shop steward' came to work and slept on his fork lift and you couldn't wake him up. You had to unload your trucks by hand... PERIOD. The teamsters decided that they wanted a 6% pay increase. When the company showed them declining profits and said that they couldn't afford it, they responded by forcing every employee to go to a warehouse where we spent the day making sharpened nail stars that would puncture the tires of the trucks. The very same shop steward and his cronies then spread them over the parking lot and docks.

The company spent a boatload of money putting in a new bathroom with showers and lockers. The union responded by completely trashing the place because one of it's members had been fired after being caught jacking freight from the dock.

Unions... yeah, they're such a wonderful thing. After working at this nightmare I promised myself I WOULD NEVER join or be a part of a union again.

The unions took a fucking pay cut while the management gave themselves 1.8M in bonuses. Then they were expected to take another pay cut while management gave themselves tens of millions in bonuses and pay raises and also stole the employees pensions. You don't have a right to work you only have a right to be screwed

They got the bonuses because they probably didn't have those unions sucking the life out of them anymore. Unions are parasitic. If they would actually do what they are designed to do, they would be an asset. But nothing is ever satisfactory with them, they are always asking for more. Which is why I say GOOD RIDDANCE.

You're blaming unions for those cities having bad local economies? Personally I think you don't know what the hell you're talking about but will always blame the unions no matter what. But maybe I'm wrong, let's find out

The latest Hostess bankruptcy, whose fault was that? Was it the ones who had taken an 8% pay cut in 2012 and then in 2013 refused to take another pay cut? Or was it the fault of the ones who gave themselves 1.8M in bonuses while the company was going through bankruptcy in 2012 and then in 2013 while the company was going through bankruptcy again they gave themselves tens of millions of dollars in bonuses and pay raises?

Private sector unions: Orange. Healthy all around.

Public sector unions: WMD. Years of searching has found no benefit to taxpayers in proportion to the costs of unions where payers' negotiators/administrators have no accountability to taxpayers. US citizens are living the downside.

There is no intersection between the two types of unions among honest, reasonable people.

There are no examples of a private sector company going under due to decisions made by blue collar union members. That never happened. There are hundreds of examples of private sector companies going under due to management decisions including pay and benefits that were later blamed on unions.

Blaming a union for the failure of a private sector company is about the same mental speed as that of a kid standing by a broken cookie jar and blaming the parents for putting cookies in it. It is the work of childlike minds and the filthy fucking scum who manipulate childlike minds.

Last edited:

Consolidated Freight. I went to work for them part-time in 1995. When asked if I 'wanted' to join the union I advised that since I was only working about 16 hours a week, I'd pass. Next time I visited the john, there were three union 'recruiters' waiting on me.

The 'shop steward' came to work and slept on his fork lift and you couldn't wake him up. You had to unload your trucks by hand... PERIOD. The teamsters decided that they wanted a 6% pay increase. When the company showed them declining profits and said that they couldn't afford it, they responded by forcing every employee to go to a warehouse where we spent the day making sharpened nail stars that would puncture the tires of the trucks. The very same shop steward and his cronies then spread them over the parking lot and docks.

The company spent a boatload of money putting in a new bathroom with showers and lockers. The union responded by completely trashing the place because one of it's members had been fired after being caught jacking freight from the dock.

Unions... yeah, they're such a wonderful thing. After working at this nightmare I promised myself I WOULD NEVER join or be a part of a union again.

:eek: :clap2:

Why yes I can! Churchill Truck Lines based in Kansas City Mo. Yet another example of fucked up Unions screwing their workers and those who employed them. By sisters brother worked for them and hated what the Union was doing to the company. Because of their bullshit work rules fully 25% of the workforce did nothing. My brother in law was a basic trucker and he was one of the very few that Dennis Churchill got a job for after they shut down.

Now piss off you union whore.

The company shut down never to reopen April 11, 1994, less than a week after being targeted by the Teamsters union in a strike against more than 20 less-than-truckload carriers.

The company, which employed 1,561 Teamsters and 530 nonunion employees at the time of the strike, lost $15.6 million on $162.4 million in revenue in 1993.

Former President of Churchill Truck Lines Dies | JOC

There's nothing wrong with Unions, if they operate how they used to in the distant past. They are a peaceful assembly of individuals protecting themselves from corporate tyranny --- well that's what they are supposed to be.

As of right now, Unions are garbage, their only saving grace is decent working hours.

Yes I know you righties have lots of horror stories about those awful unions but that's not what I asked

You're blaming unions for those cities having bad local economies? Personally I think you don't know what the hell you're talking about but will always blame the unions no matter what. But maybe I'm wrong, let's find out

The latest Hostess bankruptcy, whose fault was that? Was it the ones who had taken an 8% pay cut in 2012 and then in 2013 refused to take another pay cut? Or was it the fault of the ones who gave themselves 1.8M in bonuses while the company was going through bankruptcy in 2012 and then in 2013 while the company was going through bankruptcy again they gave themselves tens of millions of dollars in bonuses and pay raises?

Uh yeah? Unions killed Hostess. If the company tells you that it can't afford to pay you those insane wages you're demanding, you may want to listen! And if you didn't notice last June, people in Wisconsin had enough of your pro-Union bullshit. Scott Walker's resounding recall victory sounded the death knell for unions all across the country.

Now I must ask you to provide evidence for all that you've said. You have just words. Link me to these things, or your argument is invalid.

Hostess Union took out like 14, 000 non union workers jobs right before christmas, yup, the Unions were the greedy ones all they had to do was go back to work and what I read they wont invite the Unions back.

They got the bonuses because they probably didn't have those unions sucking the life out of them anymore. Unions are parasitic. If they would actually do what they are designed to do, they would be an asset. But nothing is ever satisfactory with them, they are always asking for more. Which is why I say GOOD RIDDANCE.

They got those bonuses and stole the employees pensions because they are assholes. Unions are supposed to be on the side of the workers and that's what they do. And if they are always asking for more then why did they take a fucking 8% pay cut in 2012?

Unions are workers and that money they get they work for that money. If you think that they're parasites because they take a pay check for the work they do then there is something seriously wrong with you

An example of a company going under and it WAS NOT the fault of the union? Hostess comes to mind. The idiots that ran that company into the ground should have been jailed. But the stock holders let them do it, so they got what they deserved. I don't know if there are any unions involved, but JC Penny is going to go under. The CEO was at fault in that instance because he has no idea of what his customers wanted. Braniff Airlines, Pan Am, the list goes on and on.

No one is completely exempt from being the reason a good company has crashed and burned, whether it is management OR unions, or both.

The bottom line is this: capatalism is at its essence, survival of the fittest. Just like employees should be able to unionize, they should be able to kick out the union with the same ease.

The Union committed criminal acts, plus committed an unfair labor act. I'm surprised the company didn't press charges.

Forum List

Back