Can anyone help me find lesser known Bible translations?

What's the OT?

OT would likely be an abbreviation for the Old Testament.

There is no such thing as an Old Testament. That is the Torah and the Tanach. The real titles were lost in translation thanks to some anti semites. I may not have your education, Chuck, but I know a lie when I see one. That book belongs to the Jews. Mike has every right to be absolutely livid!! I have apologised to him on your behalf and for my not having spoken up earlier. - Jeri

Jeri is extremely intelligent. Yanno, what makes her so intelligent?

Unlike 99% of people she is ready to listen and learn. Very few people are willing to that these days.

She knows that she doesn't know the jewish bible better than the jews, just like jews don't know the christian bible better than christians.

Major super kudos Jeri.

The Torah is complete.

However, no problem.

Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Jeremiah 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

Jeremiah 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

According to your prophet, it isn't or won't be complete.

Okay, I'll play.

The prophets talk about times when Israel sins and punished, and then doesn't sin and gets rewarded. This is talking about the times, Israel doesn't sin and is rewarded.

Deuteronomy 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Deuteronomy 18:19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

Yup, Moses was saying that after him there will be prophets.

There is no indication that revelation stopped.

All jewish law comes from the Torah. Prophets only prophesize. They don't add to law.

Deutereonomy

Chapter 13

1. Everything I command you that you shall be careful to do it. You shall neither add to it, nor subtract from it

Therefore, by supposedly adding to jewish law you are challenging G-D. He stated not to "add to it, nor subtract from it".

So you either pick the G-D that is in the Torah or your god. They are mutually exclusive.

You are my witness--the words of Hashem--and My servant, whom I have chosen, so that you will know and believe in Me, and understand that I am He; before me nothing was created by a G-D, and after Me it shall not be (Isaiah 43:10)

... O Lord; no deeds can compare with Yours. All the nations You have made will come and worship before You, O Lord; they will bring glory to Your name. For You are great and do marvelous deeds; You alone are God. (Psalms, 86:8-10)

O Lord ...You alone are God over all the kingdoms of the Earth. You have made heaven and Earth. (Isaiah, 37:16)

... all kingdoms on Earth may know that You alone, O Lord, are God. (Isaiah, 37:20)

...Was it not I, the Lord? And there is no god apart from Me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but Me. (Isaiah, 45:21)

I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from Me there is no savior. (Isaiah, 43:11)

Futhermore, by relying on any person or being, other than the one G-D, you are, once again challenging G-D, who said not to rely on anyone but him in any manner.

All salvation comes from the gone G-D, who is one.

There is no such thing as an Old Testament. That is the Torah and the Tanach. The real titles were lost in translation thanks to some anti semites. I may not have your education, Chuck, but I know a lie when I see one. That book belongs to the Jews. Mike has every right to be absolutely livid!! I have apologised to him on your behalf and for my not having spoken up earlier. - Jeri

Please don't apologize for me.

There is such a thing as the Old Testament.

Then I will not apologise for you and you can bear the consequences of offending a Jew and refusing to apologise to him. As for me, my apology stands and for the record - there is no such thing as the Old Testament.

The correct name for the first half of the bible is the Torah which you will note I did refer to it as such when this conversation began??? I said I think it is best to study the Torah with the Hebrew words. What did you think I was talking about, Chuck?

Why didn't you correct me back there if you thought I was calling it by the wrong name? You see, in your heart you know that the book is not called the Old Testament. You know this yet your pride will not permit you to admit you are wrong and this Jewish man is right. He is!

Here is a good saying and I try to keep it in mind, Chuck. When something is a lie? Even if the whole world agrees it is the truth it is still a lie. And when something is the truth? It is still the truth even if no one in the world agrees that it is the truth. We must stand with the truth ALL the time. Not just when it is convenient. Truth is truth. If we cannot stand for Truth now how will we stand for it in the day we must die for it?

- Jeri

Jeri,

I can't apologize for using the words "old covenant" when the Bible uses the word "New Testament". What is a testament? What is your Old Will and Testament? Apologizing for the Bible's use of words is equal to compromising the Christian faith or denying it. I won't do either.

I'm not going to try to offend people on purpose but I'm not going to change the truth in order to not offend someone.

And here it is in the Old Testament that God is a rock and offence to the Jewish people:

Isaiah 8:13 Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread.

Isaiah 8:14 And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

Chuck

Hebrews 9:16 ¶ For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

Hebrews 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

Hebrews 9:18 Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.

Hebrews 9:19 For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,

Hebrews 9:20 Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.

Hebrews 9:21 Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.

Hebrews 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Martin Luther didn't do this. It was bigger than Martin Luther...

Last edited:

Then I will not apologise for you and you can bear the consequences of offending a Jew and refusing to apologise to him. As for me, my apology stands and for the record - there is no such thing as the Old Testament.

The correct name for the first half of the bible is the Torah which you will note I did refer to it as such when this conversation began??? I said I think it is best to study the Torah with the Hebrew words. What did you think I was talking about, Chuck?

Why didn't you correct me back there if you thought I was calling it by the wrong name? You see, in your heart you know that the book is not called the Old Testament. You know this yet your pride will not permit you to admit you are wrong and this Jewish man is right. He is!

Here is a good saying and I try to keep it in mind, Chuck. When something is a lie? Even if the whole world agrees it is the truth it is still a lie. And when something is the truth? It is still the truth even if no one in the world agrees that it is the truth. We must stand with the truth ALL the time. Not just when it is convenient. Truth is truth. If we cannot stand for Truth now how will we stand for it in the day we must die for it?

- Jeri

Jeri,

I can't apologize for using the words "old covenant" when the Bible uses the word "New Testament". What is a testament? What is your Old Will and Testament? Apologizing for the Bible's use of words is equal to compromising the Christian faith or denying it. I won't do either.

I'm not going to try to offend people on purpose but I'm not going to change the truth in order to not offend someone.

And here it is in the Old Testament that God is a rock and offence to the Jewish people:

Isaiah 8:13 Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread.

Isaiah 8:14 And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

You go that wrong too.

Isaiah 8:13

13. The Lord of Hosts-Him shall you fear, and He is your fear, and He gives you strength.

It seems that your translations from the incorrect christian bible is wrong.

14. And it shall be for a portent and a stone upon which to dash oneself and for a rock upon which to stumble for the two houses of Israel, who came to be for a snare and a trap for the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

It has to do with the plan that Shebna plotted and that Pekah plotted to overthrow the kingdom of the House of David, that is an omen for the disaster that is coming to befall Israel.

It appears that you don't care about the context of the passages.

No problem.

Accoding to Judaism the christian bible is incorrect so by not calling it the Incorrect/ Fictional christian bible would be denying my religion.

So you keep calling my Torah the "old testament" and I will calling your bible the Incorrect/Fictional christian bible in my discussions with you.

BTW the passages form the Incorrect/Fictional christian bible has no barring or authority in Judiasm.

I dont' want us to deny our faiths. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

14. And it shall be for a portent and a stone upon which to dash oneself and for a rock upon which to stumble for the two houses of Israel, who came to be for a snare and a trap for the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

It has to do with the plan that Shebna plotted and that Pekah plotted to overthrow the kingdom of the House of David, that is an omen for the disaster that is coming to befall Israel.

No problem.

Accoding to Judaism the christian bible is incorrect so by not calling it the Incorrect/ Fictional christian bible would be denying my religion.

So you keep calling my Torah the "old testament" and I will calling your bible the Incorrect/Fictional christian bible in my discussions with you.

BTW the passages form the Incorrect/Fictional christian bible has no barring or authority in Judiasm.

Mike,

During the flood all the land on earth was covered with water and all language except for what was scribbled on the walls in cave and on rocks like the Rosetta Stone were destroyed except for the Bible which was in the Ark.

It is alleged that the Jews lost their language in the Babylonian captivity and there were two captivities which isn't a good record for disobeying God.

I made friends with some Orthodox Jews who wanted to have some Christian friends and they invited me to their Rabbi's house. He didn't hold to the Bible being inerrant because he said that there are Rabbis on the radio pointing out hundreds of grammatical errors.

Neither one of the Orthodox Jewish friends I made were activists even though they strongly pointed and defended their faith and made a good offence.

I love the Jewish people. I'm not here to argue. I don't have time to argue.

Peace.

Chuck

OT would likely be an abbreviation for the Old Testament.

Jeri is extremely intelligent. Yanno, what makes her so intelligent?

Unlike 99% of people she is ready to listen and learn. Very few people are willing to that these days.

She knows that she doesn't know the jewish bible better than the jews, just like jews don't know the christian bible better than christians.

Major super kudos Jeri.

Thank you for the kind words,Mike. I will never understand the depths of the Torah and the Tanach as you and your Jewish brothers and sisters do. That is just a fact. Still I learn much from you and my other Jewish friends and when I need a comforting word they always seem to have the right words for me! I wish I could say that of my own church leaders but for some reason they do not understand me and I feel like an outcast. I don't want a Bentley, my own private jet or a mansion. I just would like a better understanding of what G-d wants from me. I'm pretty sure it isn't money! He already owns all the gold and silver and the cattle on a thousand hills!!

- Jeri

No problem.

Mike,

During the flood all the land on earth was covered with water and all language except for what was scribbled on the walls in cave and on rocks like the Rosetta Stone were destroyed except for the Bible which was in the Ark.

That's impossible. The bible was given to the Jews thousands of years later during the time of Moses. There was no bible during the flood.

It is alleged that the Jews lost their language in the Babylonian captivity and there were two captivities which isn't a good record for disobeying God.

What? :doubt:

I made friends with some Orthodox Jews who wanted to have some Christian friends and they invited me to their Rabbi's house. He didn't hold to the Bible being inerrant because he said that there are Rabbis on the radio pointing out hundreds of grammatical errors..

No orthodox rabbi would say that.

The Torah is perfect. There are no errors. Every word, sentence, and column, are perfect. It was given by G-D to the Jewish people.

I love the Jewish people. I'm not here to argue. I don't have time to argue.

Peace.

Chuck

Then respect my religion and I'll respect yours.

Calling my bible the Old Testament is offensive.

- Jeri

Jeri,

Chuck

Hebrews 9:16 ¶ For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

Hebrews 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

Hebrews 9:19 For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,

Hebrews 9:20 Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.

Hebrews 9:21 Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.

Hebrews 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Martin Luther didn't do this. It was bigger than Martin Luther...[/QUOTE

This is my final response on this, Chuck. Please examine your words here:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chuck,

You didn't use the word "covenant" or "old covenant" - you used the words "Old Testament". Show me in the scriptures where the actual words "Old Testament" are used, Chuck. I'd like to see book, chapter and verse.. You cannot do it. Because it isn't in there. It isn't in the Torah, the Tanach or the New Testament. When Jesus referred to the Prophets and the "Law of Moses" he never once used the term "Old Testament" neither did anyone else after him.

As you are a bible scholar perhaps you will discover who decided upon that title for the Torah and the Tanach. I'd like to know when you find out as now I am wondering about it. I know that Jesus referred to the Hebrew prophets and he referred to the "Law of Moses" - but he never once referred to an Old Testament so therein I am not denying my faith.

Furthermore, if you will read Zechariah 1: 8-17 you will see that all Israel shall be saved.

Tell me, Chuck, if you were a Jew who held fast to the Scriptures and did not want to deny your G-d who said, Hear O Israel The Lord thy G-d is One!

And you did not have any revelation from G-d that Jesus Christ was the Messiah the prophets spoke of.

Would G-d throw you away for that? No. He would reveal to you who the Messiah was knowning once He revealed it you'd leap for joy! G-d reveals who the Messiah is when He is ready to. That is His job. Not mine. There isn't a person on this board that hasn't heard me talking about Jesus.

Mike knows I believe Jesus is the Messiah. I know that Mike is awaiting his Messiah and that one day he will know who his Messiah is. I respect Mike here and now by respecting his faith of Judaism and devotion to G-d. G-d knows my heart. I'm not denying Him or his Word. That is all I have to say.

End of discussion.

-Jeri

Last edited:

- Jeri

Jeri,

Chuck

Martin Luther didn't do this. It was bigger than Martin Luther...[/QUOTE

This is my final response on this, Chuck. Please examine your words here:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chuck,

You didn't use the word "covenant" or "old covenant" - you used the words "Old Testament". Show me in the scriptures where the actual words "Old Testament" are used, Chuck. I'd like to see book, chapter and verse.. You cannot do it. Because it isn't in there. It isn't in the Torah, the Tanach or the New Testament. When Jesus referred to the Prophets and the "Law of Moses" he never once used the term "Old Testament" neither did anyone else after him.

As you are a bible scholar perhaps you will discover who decided upon that title for the Torah and the Tanach. I'd like to know when you find out as now I am wondering about it. I know that Jesus referred to the Hebrew prophets and he referred to the "Law of Moses" - but he never once referred to an Old Testament so therein I am not denying my faith.

Furthermore, if you will read Zechariah 1: 8-17 you will see that all Israel shall be saved.

Tell me, Chuck, if you were a Jew who held fast to the Scriptures and did not want to deny your G-d who said, Hear O Israel The Lord thy G-d is One!

And you did not have any revelation from G-d that Jesus Christ was the Messiah the prophets spoke of.

Would G-d throw you away for that? No. He would reveal to you who the Messiah was knowning once He revealed it you'd leap for joy! G-d reveals who the Messiah is when He is ready to. That is His job. Not mine. There isn't a person on this board that hasn't heard me talking about Jesus.

Mike knows I believe Jesus is the Messiah. I know that Mike is awaiting his Messiah and that one day he will know who his Messiah is. I respect Mike here and now by respecting his faith of Judaism and devotion to G-d. G-d knows my heart. I'm not denying Him or his Word. That is all I have to say.

End of discussion.

-Jeri

:clap2:

I apologise, Chuck. It isn't good to get into a dispute with a brother in the Lord over these things. Whatever grief I've caused you I do ask your forgiveness. Whatever people wish to call the Torah or Tanach - Old Testament - that is their right - of course. Surely the Lord did permit it to be called that otherwise we wouldn't know it today as such - although I have learned there are many things that are perhaps his "permissive will" and not his "perfect will" but what do I know? I don't. I'm only trying to be sensitive to how Mike is feeling about it and therein made my comments concerning how I thought it may have come to be. ( the title) On that note, I doubt anyone will care whether I call it OT or Torah so I will go with the latter. (Torah) I think about what Paul said if anyone was offended by his eating meat he wouldn't eat it. I'm thinking I can follow his lead on that one anyhow... I'm open to a little adaption so long as I'm not compromising the Gospel message.. I do appreciate your love for the Word and the love you express for the Jewish people.

As to your book, I wish you the very best - I think you are a brilliant Christian and you may be surprised at how well it may sell. I will certainly be praying for your success. Wishing you the best, Jeri

Does anyone know of any lesser known Bible translations or Bible translators where I could buy their translations?

About 12 years ago, a Bible college had used books with translations of the Bible by different translators. For some reason I didn't see the need then but I wish I had bought them. The Bible college has closed their bookstore and everyone buys their textbooks online.

I'm not talking about Bibles I could find in the CBD catalog, in Wallmart or Sam's Club.

I thought I would ask the Christians here and all the other Bible experts here to see what they know and if they can answer this.

There is an electronic program that I used years ago called e-Sword that is an electronic version of the Bible with multiple different translations and it includes commentary (if you want it) and manuscripts written in Hebrew, Greek, etc. You can even search the entire Bible by say, a Hebrew word and it will pull up every incidence of it. Pretty neat reference tool.

Blue Letter Bible is a site that doesn't require any downloads that offers multiple Bible translations as well.

Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:
The Torah is complete.

However, no problem.

Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Jeremiah 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

Jeremiah 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Deuteronomy 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Deuteronomy 18:19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

The word 'chadesh' is mistranslated in the Jeremiah passage: it means 're-new', and what my prophet is talking about is the Covenant of Sinai - the same Covenant which YHVH declared is upheld by His Faithfulness, and not by ours.

The 'prophet like unto Moses' has not arrived yet: that likely refers to the MbD (Moschiach ben Dovid).

Now you can argue with me that you don't agree with the Jewish understanding - but your 'argument' above basically amounted to informing a Jew that the Jewish people don't know what the Torah says, or what we believe.

I'd be happy to discuss any of this in detail with you via PMs if you wish.

Oh, and properly speaking, anti-Judaism is not "racism" because we Jews are not really a 'race' any more. If you read the Torah , you will understand that we haven't been only 'Jacob's kids' since Sinai - which is actually when we became 'Jews', since it's all about the Sinai Covenant.....

Chuck, you lost any chance of 'winning' that argument with Mike when you cited the NT: it has zero 'authority' for any Jew as regards Judaism.

Most of us are quite familiar with what Christians believe our Torah says: it's Christians who seem blissfully unaware of what we Jews believe is in the Torah.

I describe our disagreement as "It may 'say' something different in the 'OT' - but only Torah is authoritative for Jews. There are really TWO 'Books' , if you will........ one is authoritative for Christians, one for Jews.

Or, you can understand it as this: Christians have the 'OT' and 'NT' : Jews have the Written and the Oral Teachings. We only 'share' PART of our Scripture.

Last edited:
The Torah is complete.

However, no problem.

The word 'chadesh' is mistranslated in the Jeremiah passage: it means 're-new', and what my prophet is talking about is the Covenant of Sinai - the same Covenant which YHVH declared is upheld by His Faithfulness, and not by ours.

The 'prophet like unto Moses' has not arrived yet: that likely refers to the MbD (Moschiach ben Dovid).

Now you can argue with me that you don't agree with the Jewish understanding - but your 'argument' above basically amounted to informing a Jew that the Jewish people don't know what the Torah says, or what we believe.

I'd be happy to discuss any of this in detail with you via PMs if you wish.

Oh, and properly speaking, anti-Judaism is not "racism" because we Jews are not really a 'race' any more. If you read the Torah , you will understand that we haven't been only 'Jacob's kids' since Sinai - which is actually when we became 'Jews', since it's all about the Sinai Covenant.....

YOUR prophet, Marge?

That is MY prophet too! I was adopted into the family of G-d by faith in Jesus Christ on October 18, 1989 and I am indeed a daughter of Abraham!

Jeremiah is MY prophet too! I have no idea why Chuck said, Your prophet to Mike, for truly he should be saying OUR prophet not Yours!

Jeremiah is one of the most beautiful prophets that ever graced the earth! His many tears were due to his heart for G-d and although he lives in heaven today with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob his words live on to this very day and are STILL being fulfilled upon the earth.

It would behoove all of us to love G-d the way Jeremiah loved G-d. He set the example of what it means to be an obedient servant of the LORD.

Shana Tova to you! May you and your family be blessed and may this be your best year ever, Marge. :eusa_angel:

With much love, Jeri

Last edited:
The Torah is complete.

However, no problem.

Yes! What you say is true, Marge! Some Christians may not know what the Jews believe but I most certainly do! I know you are awaiting this one! The Hebrew prophets spoke of this coming prophet in Daniel 11: 20 - 34! It is so exciting to see someone speak of this! I am glad I read it this morning!

This is the one who is going to try and deceive the Jews and the whole earth! However! When the abomination of desolation takes place - and he proclaims himself to be G-d in the Temple? The Jews shall reject him! Glory to G-d forevermore! THEN they shall cry out for their Messiah - the REAL ONE -----> Yeshua Ha'Mashiach ------> Jesus Christ is the Messiah - Yeshua shall come to them and rescue them!

In that day the words of the Hebrew prophets shall be fulfilled and ALL ISRAEL SHALL BE SAVED!

It is an incredible love story and is best depicted in the story of Joseph and his brothers. You remember the story!

Joseph's brothers were enraged when Joseph had a dream of his brothers bowing down and worshiping him! Ha! ha! They wanted to kill him! But they threw him in a well instead!

Later - MUCH LATER - there came a great famine upon the land - Jacobs sons went to Egypt to purchase food and who did they find in charge of the storehouse that held all the food? JOSEPH! Did they recognize him? No. ( which is a picture of how at present the Jew does not recognize Jesus as their Savior - Messiah - EITHER!!! ---->later they will )
-------------------------
(Read this Genesis 42:7 And Joseph saw his brethren, and he knew them, but he made himself strange ( a stranger - unrecongizable ) to them.... <-----that is what Jesus has done with the Jews for just a season so that the Gentiles may come in & become grafted into the household of Abraham )
-----------------
And then? Then at the perfect moment - Joseph reveals himself to his brothers see this for the picture! Genesis 45:4 And Joseph said unto his brethren, Come near to me, I pray you. and they came near. And he said, I am Joseph your brother, whom ye sold into Egypt. Now therefore be not grieved nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither, for G-d did sent me before you to PRESERVE YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful G-d!

Verse 7 same chapter: And G-d sent me before you a posterity in the earth, and to save your lives by a great deliverance!! ( its coming beloved! It is surely coming! )

Then he sends them to go get his father, Jacob!

and here is a most joyful scene! This is the first story I ever read after accepting the Messiah as my Savior!

........and invites them to dine at the Kings Table ( a picture of the wedding banquet which Jesus has prepared ) and they dine with him! Oh! How Josephs brothers must have wept over him, rejoicing! I can only imagine that scene, Marge. I can only imagine the overwhelming emotion in that moment! How Joseph showered them with gifts, his love, his acceptance, his FORGIVENESS!!!

Yes, the Spirit of the Living G-d will one day reveal to you that every single book in the Torah, Tanach and New Testament is a 2000 year old arrow---------------------> pointing towards the One True Messiah, Yeshua Ha'Maschiah! JESUS CHRIST!

As it is written! Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord! Oh! Glory! I know the day is coming!

My precious, much loved Jewish brethren cannot see this now as G-d has placed a veil over their eyes so that they cannot see and so that others maybe be grafted in to the family of G-d. But one day they will. They surely will. I see the end result as if it has already happened and already rejoice over all of you as my brothers and sisters. I am ever so grateful for you and for my Jewish Messiah who did come through the root of David. I love you all. Amen and AMEN!

- Jeri

Last edited:
One final thought for you, Marge! The Covenant Chuck refers to as the "Old Covenant" is in Exodus 24 of the Torah. That Covenant was ratified through Blood. The Blood of animals.

The New Covenant is ratified through Blood too! The Blood of Yeshua Ha'Mashiach which was the perfect sacrifice sent by G-d to shed his blood on Calvary's tree for the sins of the World. Not only his Jewish Brethren. You cannot see this yet but you will one day.

Surely, He has saved the best for last! How beautiful is that??! I hope I am still alive on the earth to see the day when the Jews will recognize their Messiah. I'm so looking forward to this day. It is the most beautiful love story I have ever heard in my life.

Much love, Jeri

One final thought for you, Marge! The Covenant Chuck refers to as the "Old Covenant" is in Exodus 24 of the Torah. That Covenant was ratified through Blood. The Blood of animals.

The New Covenant is ratified through Blood too! The Blood of Yeshua Ha'Mashiach which was the perfect sacrifice sent by G-d to shed his blood on Calvary's tree for the sins of the World. Not only his Jewish Brethren. You cannot see this yet but you will one day.

Surely, He has saved the best for last! How beautiful is that??! I hope I am still alive on the earth to see the day when the Jews will recognize their Messiah. I'm so looking forward to this day. It is the most beautiful love story I have ever heard in my life.

Much love, Jeri

You know I love you Jeri, but I need to clarify this.

The covenant in this case was symbolized by circumcision, immersion in a Mikvah (ritual bath), and the sprinkling of the blood. These were rituals.

Obviously jews don't believe jesus was the messiah for the reasons that I have already stated previously.

Also, it's against jewish law to sacrifice people.

We are responsible for our own sins.

Just because someone else died, if we sin we need to make amends for those sins, and we, and we alone, are responsible for getting forgiveness for those sins.

Does anyone know of any lesser known Bible translations or Bible translators where I could buy their translations?

About 12 years ago, a Bible college had used books with translations of the Bible by different translators. For some reason I didn't see the need then but I wish I had bought them. The Bible college has closed their bookstore and everyone buys their textbooks online.

I'm not talking about Bibles I could find in the CBD catalog, in Wallmart or Sam's Club.

I thought I would ask the Christians here and all the other Bible experts here to see what they know and if they can answer this.

There is an electronic program that I used years ago called e-Sword that is an electronic version of the Bible with multiple different translations and it includes commentary (if you want it) and manuscripts written in Hebrew, Greek, etc. You can even search the entire Bible by say, a Hebrew word and it will pull up every incidence of it. Pretty neat reference tool.

Blue Letter Bible is a site that doesn't require any downloads that offers multiple Bible translations as well.

Hope this helps. :)

The problem is that the Torah is meant to mean what it's supposed to mean based on the intention of the author, not based on the intention of the translators.

Yes! What you say is true, Marge! Some Christians may not know what the Jews believe but I most certainly do! I know you are awaiting this one! The Hebrew prophets spoke of this coming prophet in Daniel 11: 20 - 34! It is so exciting to see someone speak of this! I am glad I read it this morning!

This is the one who is going to try and deceive the Jews and the whole earth! However! When the abomination of desolation takes place - and he proclaims himself to be G-d in the Temple? The Jews shall reject him! Glory to G-d forevermore! THEN they shall cry out for their Messiah - the REAL ONE -----> Yeshua Ha'Mashiach ------> Jesus Christ is the Messiah - Yeshua shall come to them and rescue them!

In that day the words of the Hebrew prophets shall be fulfilled and ALL ISRAEL SHALL BE SAVED!

It is an incredible love story and is best depicted in the story of Joseph and his brothers. You remember the story!

Joseph's brothers were enraged when Joseph had a dream of his brothers bowing down and worshiping him! Ha! ha! They wanted to kill him! But they threw him in a well instead!

Later - MUCH LATER - there came a great famine upon the land - Jacobs sons went to Egypt to purchase food and who did they find in charge of the storehouse that held all the food? JOSEPH! Did they recognize him? No. ( which is a picture of how at present the Jew does not recognize Jesus as their Savior - Messiah - EITHER!!! ---->later they will )
-------------------------
(Read this Genesis 42:7 And Joseph saw his brethren, and he knew them, but he made himself strange ( a stranger - unrecongizable ) to them.... <-----that is what Jesus has done with the Jews for just a season so that the Gentiles may come in & become grafted into the household of Abraham )
-----------------
And then? Then at the perfect moment - Joseph reveals himself to his brothers see this for the picture! Genesis 45:4 And Joseph said unto his brethren, Come near to me, I pray you. and they came near. And he said, I am Joseph your brother, whom ye sold into Egypt. Now therefore be not grieved nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither, for G-d did sent me before you to PRESERVE YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful G-d!

Verse 7 same chapter: And G-d sent me before you a posterity in the earth, and to save your lives by a great deliverance!! ( its coming beloved! It is surely coming! )

Then he sends them to go get his father, Jacob!

and here is a most joyful scene! This is the first story I ever read after accepting the Messiah as my Savior!

........and invites them to dine at the Kings Table ( a picture of the wedding banquet which Jesus has prepared ) and they dine with him! Oh! How Josephs brothers must have wept over him, rejoicing! I can only imagine that scene, Marge. I can only imagine the overwhelming emotion in that moment! How Joseph showered them with gifts, his love, his acceptance, his FORGIVENESS!!!

Yes, the Spirit of the Living G-d will one day reveal to you that every single book in the Torah, Tanach and New Testament is a 2000 year old arrow---------------------> pointing towards the One True Messiah, Yeshua Ha'Maschiah! JESUS CHRIST!

As it is written! Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord! Oh! Glory! I know the day is coming!

My precious, much loved Jewish brethren cannot see this now as G-d has placed a veil over their eyes so that they cannot see and so that others maybe be grafted in to the family of G-d. But one day they will. They surely will. I see the end result as if it has already happened and already rejoice over all of you as my brothers and sisters. I am ever so grateful for you and for my Jewish Messiah who did come through the root of David. I love you all. Amen and AMEN!

- Jeri

Jesus may be the christian messiah but he is not the jewish one.

Actually the jewish messiah will not be rejected. He will be pretty popular. He will be the unified kind of Israel.

He will be so charismatic that all the jews will come to Israel and stay there and all nations will worship one G-D.

G-D gave messianic prophesies for the reason that we will know who the the messiah will be when he comes.

So far no one has fulfilled them and thus the messiah hasn't come.

Also no jewish messiah would ever claim to have divine power. That within itself would rule out jesus.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back