Can Atheists be Moral?

Why dont you skip beating around the bush and advise the folks that are tossing around ideas here what YOU think was the origin of everything....or the cause of it, or if it even had a cause.

Ill clearly tell you mine, because it doesnt spook me to be cross examined: "I dont know."
Do you want me to read you a bedtime story?
No, I'd like your opinion on where/when/how existence came to be. Youre obviously drawn to these discussions ~ declining to offer your own view would allude to you being a bad faith actor.

Ok, fair enough.

Before God created heaven and earth the world was without form and void and darkness covered the face of the deep for billions of years.

Every living thing on the planet was trapped in the violent struggle for survival, eat or be eaten. The survival of the fittest and all that.

Then God said, let there be light, and the law came down from heaven like a tree of life to teach the wild beasts of the field to distinguish between clean and unclean, right and wrong, good and evil, life and death.

and so man was raised up from the dust of the earth and became aware, a living being..... and then fucked it all up, threw his mind in the trash and said with clenched fist raised in anger against God, I will not stop being a dick
Funny, but really its a good thing to know about ya.
Really? You are going to leave it at that?

Maybe you don't know how the universe began. Is that the problem?
He seems pretty intelligent, I just havent discovered why he doesnt proclaim his own actual beliefs. You, youre just a whiny twat on the internet with poor reasoning skills.

Whats left to say today? He and I will converse again.

lol...

Ding isn't damned because he worships God wrong. Where the hell did you get that?

Ding filled his mind with irrational garbage and consequently lost his mind.

Have a chat with him if you don't believe me.
Why dont you skip beating around the bush and advise the folks that are tossing around ideas here what YOU think was the origin of everything....or the cause of it, or if it even had a cause.

Ill clearly tell you mine, because it doesnt spook me to be cross examined: "I dont know."
No, I'd like your opinion on where/when/how existence came to be. Youre obviously drawn to these discussions ~ declining to offer your own view would allude to you being a bad faith actor.

Ok, fair enough.

Before God created heaven and earth the world was without form and void and darkness covered the face of the deep for billions of years.

Every living thing on the planet was trapped in the violent struggle for survival, eat or be eaten. People were brute unthinking animals. The survival of the fittest and all that.

Then God said, let there be light, and the law came down from heaven like a tree of life to teach the wild beasts of the field to distinguish between clean and unclean, right and wrong, good and evil, life and death.

and so man was raised up from the dust of the earth and became aware, a living being..... and then fucked it all up, threw his mind in the trash and said with clenched fist raised in anger against God, I will not stop being a dick
When did the universe begin? How did the universe begin? Where was God before the universe began.

Please don't tell me the universe has always existed because then I will have to bitch slap you with science.

How do you know it hasn't always existed? Are you going to bitch slap me too, for the impertinence of daring to question you?

Anyone who bases their logic on false premises are bound to have faith in false conclusions, even you.
Irrelevant. Again, you aren't going to rearrange words just the right way to get around this.

Its not about rearranging words.

You think that scientific discoveries disprove the fantastic stories in scripture and have concluded that its all just magical bullshit written by superstitious people even though those stories were never intended to be taken literally by intelligent people.

What does that tell you about yourself?
Its indicative of jesus being no more important than Dr. Seuss or Walt Disney

lol...Lets see if everyone is still talking about the cat in the hat or the little mermaid in 2000 years. Maybe entire societies will be based on Hop on Pop.....
I sincerely doubt that Jesus will be any more or less relevant in 2000 years than my currently perceived wardrobe.

Actually the cotton tee shirt is almost SURE to outlast the bronze aged Nun books that teach the derps that its probably not a good idea to be a dick all the time.
Hmmm.... Toynbee felt that way about the Jews too. :lol:

Irrelevant. Again, you aren't going to rearrange words just the right way to get around this.

You think that scientific discoveries disprove the fantastic stories in scripture and have concluded that its all just magical bullshit written by superstitious people even though those stories were never intended to be taken literally by intelligent people.

lol...Lets see if everyone is still talking about the cat in the hat or the little mermaid in 2000 years. Maybe entire societies will be based on Hop on Pop.....
I sincerely doubt that Jesus will be any more or less relevant in 2000 years than my currently perceived wardrobe.

Actually the cotton tee shirt is almost SURE to outlast the bronze aged Nun books that teach the derps that its probably not a good idea to be a dick all the time.

You mean that doyenne of the Left; Polly?

Nahh. The nuns were right to tell you that you would go blind if you didn't stop masturbating. It will always be true.
Im not sure about jerking off, but I do know that I dont require fairy tales to learn the psychology of human archetypes - and also Im sane and reasonable enough to not pretend to know if a creator God exists or not.

You take a half-step to rationality in that the bible is nonsense and not literal, but then go full retard and believe in a creator god and somehow pretend thats not as bad and unreasonable as a biblical literalist.

Thatsssssssss... kind of worse, bro!
They aren't fairytales. That's you confirming your bias because you don't have the courage and maybe the intellect to challenge your beliefs.

If you start from the position of truth that the first eleven chapters of the Torah are an allegorical account of world history before the great migration from Mesopotamia - which was an actual historical event - then the first eleven chapters of the Torah takes on new meaning. Seen in this light these accounts should be viewed less like fairy tales and more like how important information was passed down in ancient times. Just as the Chinese used well known history and everyday things as symbols in their written language to make words easier to remember, ancient man used stories to pass down historical events and important knowledge to future generations. Interspersed in these allegorical accounts of history are wisdoms that they deemed important enough to pass down and remember.

But you keep making that first grade argument and I'll keep correcting you.

Ok, fair enough.

Every living thing on the planet was trapped in the violent struggle for survival, eat or be eaten. The survival of the fittest and all that.

He seems pretty intelligent, I just havent discovered why he doesnt proclaim his own actual beliefs. You, youre just a whiny twat on the internet with poor reasoning skills.

If that were the case you wouldn't need to proclaim it or run away from the arguments I make.

For what it's worth, he's a fake, a phony, a wolf in sheep's clothing.

I would love to debate you in the bull ring, but for some odd reason you just won't go there with me. I would think someone of your great skill would be itching to show just how much of a whiny twat I am on the internet with poor reasoning skills.

Are you sure you aren't the whiny twat on the internet with poor reasoning skills?

I don't even know what that means. All I know is that the Jews were the only hole in his argument and he predicted their demise in a fashion similar to the one where GT predicted the demise of Jesus.

I didn't need any book to understand bronze age allegories about human archetypes.

Everyone I knew was already fluent in grade school.
You tell ding hes damned because he worships god wrong.

That makes you a theist, or at the very least deist, and neither are a rational conclusion. We dont know is the currently verifiable answer.

Never go full retard.

lol...

Ding isn't damned because he worships God wrong. Where the hell did you get that?

That's exactly what I have been saying for the last year.

He’s theorizing, not providing proof. Know the difference. And he’s not saying that a creator made the universe. Please try again.
I totally nailed it. See?

You will dismiss it like you always do and you won't provide any evidence or links to support it. Checkmate.

:lol:
It’s not proof, just a theory, like what you propose, a theory.
You are still proving my point.

Where's your link again? I provided mine.
He’s giving an opinion, like you do. Science can’t see all the way back to the BB yet.
No. He's actually written scientific papers on the universe being created from nothing. Besides, that just sounds like it is your opinion.

Do you have a link to anything? I know how big you are on links, right?
So he’s written about his theory, that doesn’t mean that science has accepted it as fact. Please try again.

Ok, fair enough.

I really don't understand how you or anyone would think that I haven't already openly stated by beliefs especially after you try to discredit them...Am I speaking in a strange language that you don't understand? Having trouble retaining information?

Are you looking for a creed? A manifesto? What?

lol.. "heads I win tails you lose?"

Find another sucker.

The one that thought you required simplistic bronze aged allegories to reach reasonably obvious conclusions about archetypes, and you've got it so bad that you actually brag about decoding the pieces of toilet paper called scripture.

I didn't need any book to understand bronze age allegories about human archetypes.

Everyone I knew was already fluent in grade school.
You tell ding hes damned because he worships god wrong.

That makes you a theist, or at the very least deist, and neither are a rational conclusion. We dont know is the currently verifiable answer.

Never go full retard.

lol...

Dude, you are the only person here that has a bigger hard on for me than GT. I suspect you guys will be best friends by the end of this thread.
this post pretty much aligns with how fuckin delusional all of your beliefs are :lol:
Bull ring, chicken little?

I mean how hard can it be to school someone with delusional beliefs, right? It should be easy.

Ok, fair enough.

I really don't understand how you or anyone would think that I haven't already openly stated by beliefs even after you try to discredit them...

Are you looking for a creed? A manifesto?

Find another sucker.
I am looking for something that actually makes sense and isn't a dodge.

Ok, fair enough.

I really don't understand how you or anyone would think that I haven't already openly stated by beliefs especially after you try to discredit them...Am I speaking in a strange language that you don't understand? Having trouble retaining information?

Find another sucker.
Im not sure why you couldnt answer a direct question with a direct answer, that's all....but it doesnt really matter to me, so. Do you, playboy.

Ok, fair enough.

Every living thing on the planet was trapped in the violent struggle for survival, eat or be eaten. People were brute unthinking animals. The survival of the fittest and all that.

When did the universe begin? How did the universe begin? Where was God before the universe began.

Please don't tell me the universe has always existed because then I will have to bitch slap you with science.

How do you know it hasn't always existed? Are you going to bitch slap me too, for the impertinence of daring to question you?
The short answer? The second law of thermodynamics.

That was a great question BTW.

Things that have been kept secret since the foundation of the world are flying right over your head.
Hahahahaha

But shaman hobelim knows these things. He just can't seem to be able to tell anyone what they are... And anyone who tries to puzzle out from his absurd, ad hoc equivocation and ramblings is immediately told they don't and can't understand...

And then shaman hobelim sells you a Shamwow.

I don't even know what that means. All I know is that the Jews were the only hole in his argument and he predicted their demise in a fashion similar to the one where GT predicted the demise of Jesus.

Polly Toynbee. She writes for The Guardian.

As for the demise of the Jews, that was attempted by 'you know who'. In fact there was a memorial erected by the Germans, to commemorate a lost civilisation and culture BEFORE they'd all been finished off. I visited it in Krakow.

Ok, fair enough.

Find another sucker.
Im not sure why you couldnt answer a direct question with a direct answer, that's all....but it doesnt really matter to me, so. Do you, playboy.

Hey, I was just trying to make a distinction between the creation story in genesis, what Hebrew children were expected to know about the beginning of their culture, and what no one can possibly know.

I do not like to conflate the two entirely different subjects. One thing has absolutely nothing whatever to do with the other.

I totally nailed it. See?

:lol:
It’s not proof, just a theory, like what you propose, a theory.
You are still proving my point.

Where's your link again? I provided mine.
He’s giving an opinion, like you do. Science can’t see all the way back to the BB yet.
No. He's actually written scientific papers on the universe being created from nothing. Besides, that just sounds like it is your opinion.

Do you have a link to anything? I know how big you are on links, right?
So he’s written about his theory, that doesn’t mean that science has accepted it as fact. Please try again.
Yes, it is the leading explanation for the beginning of the universe. There are no other models which explain how the universe began without violating the laws of thermodynamics. Not to mention it's predictions match what we see. There is one final match that they are working to prove but they do not have a detector built yet.

Find another sucker.

Hey, I was just trying to make a distinction between the creation story in genesis what children were expected to know and what no one can possible know.

I do not like to conflate the two entirely different subjects. One thing has absolutely nothing whatever to do with the other.
So when was the universe created? How was the universe created? Where was God when the universe was created? Did God create the universe? Here's your big opportunity to explain it all.

Forum List

Back