Can Atheists be Moral?

Survival, by the way, is empirically proven to be the greatest organizing principle. This has been examined, empirically. When survival is at stake, folks who otherwise wouldnt come together do so, almost every single time. its as close to 100% as it gets, whereas virtues are argued about and can also divide. When survival is at stake, it takes a hero to sacrifice their own life for the life of another.

Thanks to human empathy, there are lots of heroes. Salami and bacon, amen.

In what way does faggotry and buttsex promote survival?

I wouldn't bet the farm or my life on the empathy of an athiest or state baby.

Probably not on an alleged "Christian" either, unless I knew them really well.
We are overpopulated and over consuming. We have kids looking to be adopted.

Faggotry is Mother Nature’s way

We are not ‘overpopulated,’ and your homosexuality has nothing to do with demographics.
That myth is repeated by a LOT of people. We arent even CLOSE to capacity. Not even a FRACTION of it.
Bullshit. We are even crossing lines and going past points of no return. You cons are so fucking blind.

Many theists believe it is clear-cut. Humans can only have opinions about morality, and no one’s opinion is any more valid than anyone else’s. This leads them to the conclusion that an objective source of morality must stand apart from, and above, humans. That source, they say, is God. Since atheists, reject God, atheists can have no basis for morality.

This is really two separate arguments: (1) that God is the source of objective morality and humans can learn morality from God and (2) that humans on their own have no way to know what is moral and what is not.

Can atheists be moral? - Atheist Alliance International
What do theists on this side of the pond say about people on the other side and visa versa? So even you theists debate morality.

I’m an atheist and I wouldn’t put a dog outside in the cold or in a hot car. Why not? I wouldn’t want it to suffer. Isn’t that morality?

I’m an atheist and I wouldn’t put a dog outside in the cold or in a hot car. Why not? I wouldn’t want it to suffer. Isn’t that morality?
Of course it is.

And, as Hitchens always liked to point out, there is not a single moral statement that can be made, nor a moral action taken, that could not be made or taken by an unbeliever, and which could not be arrived at by reason instead of magical incantation and authoritative sky daddy declaration.

Of course it is.

And, as Hitchens always liked to point out, there is not a single moral statement that can be made, nor a moral action taken, that could not be made or taken by an unbeliever, and which could not be arrived at by reason instead of magical incantation and authoritative sky daddy declaration.
But the sky daddy is teaching people to do things that even you do, as dumb as you are.

Not as an authoritative declaration to follow or else, but as an essential teaching to understand in order to live a fulfilling life.

But the sky daddy is teaching people to do things that even you do, as dumb as you are.
No he isn't,what a moronic thing to say. For one, no sky daddies exist. Furthermore, the obvious fact that our morality is chiefly dependent on the genetic accident of where and when we are born shows us that , even if sky daddies existed, they seem to have no influence over our morality.

Thank you for always making me feel smart, shaman hobelim.

Survival, by the way, is empirically proven to be the greatest organizing principle. This has been examined, empirically. When survival is at stake, folks who otherwise wouldnt come together do so, almost every single time. its as close to 100% as it gets, whereas virtues are argued about and can also divide. When survival is at stake, it takes a hero to sacrifice their own life for the life of another.

We are not ‘overpopulated,’ and your homosexuality has nothing to do with demographics.
That myth is repeated by a LOT of people. We arent even CLOSE to capacity. Not even a FRACTION of it.

Exactly. Some idiots just repeat anything they’re told, and that particular lie fits the general leftist hostility towards human life.

Of course it is.

Not as an authoritative declaration to follow or else, but as an essential teaching to understand in order to live a fulfilling life.
Then what’s all this hell talk about?

Exactly. Some idiots just repeat anything they’re told, and that particular lie fits the general leftist hostility towards human life.
What a completely idiotic thing to say. Those concerned about over population are concerned with the well being of the people who do and will exist. You sound like a goddam moron.

Yes repeat after me. Our father (who?) who is in heaven (where?) hallowed be thy name (what?) Thy kingdom come? Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven?

Yea, it’s us who will repeat anything. Lol

What a completely idiotic thing to say. Those concerned about over population are concerned with the well being of the people who do and will exist. You sound like a goddam moron.
Is this the first time you’re meeting unkotare the illiterate?

Note how many people who repeat that falsehood also support abortion and other aspects of the democrat death cult.

Of course it is.

Religion covers things that aren’t illegal. Honor your parents, don’t fuck your neighbors wife, he’ll dont even think about it. Someone’s watching you masturbate. Talk about wanting and needing big brother.

And step out of line and burn in hell for all eternity.

Do you know I’m more moral than god? Even I wouldn’t do that to a soul. Maybe just 1 billion years but then even hitler could Rest In Peace after a billion years.

God holds grudges and don’t forgive. Evil prick.

Note how many people who repeat that falsehood also support abortion and other aspects of the democrat death cult.
Haha, yes, stomp your feet and insist the moronic thong you said is true. That's what I like about angry, dumb people...you can always get them to double down on stupid and make your points for you...

Many theists believe it is clear-cut. Humans can only have opinions about morality, and no one’s opinion is any more valid than anyone else’s. This leads them to the conclusion that an objective source of morality must stand apart from, and above, humans. That source, they say, is God. Since atheists, reject God, atheists can have no basis for morality.

This is really two separate arguments: (1) that God is the source of objective morality and humans can learn morality from God and (2) that humans on their own have no way to know what is moral and what is not.

Can atheists be moral? - Atheist Alliance International
What do theists on this side of the pond say about people on the other side and visa versa? So even you theists debate morality.

And empathy and compassion.

Abortion is no big deal to me if I choose to do it or if someone else chooses to do it.

Also, can you call all these pro abortion Americans Christians? Then are we really a Christian nation if 51% of us are pro abortion? Check mate.

Religion covers things that aren’t illegal.
And it convicts people of thought crimes. See, right there is a good example of the superiority of my morals and those found by reason and secular enlightenment over the iron age nastiness in the Bible.

No he isn't,what a moronic thing to say. For one, no sky daddies exist. Furthermore, the obvious fact that our morality is chiefly dependent on the genetic accident of where and when we are born shows us that , even if sky daddies existed, they seem to have no influence over our morality.

Thank you for always making me feel smart, shaman hobelim.
lol... No problem! I am always happy to make the less fortunate feel good about the level of their intelligence.

Anyway, while you are reveling in your glory, you might want to notice that whether you believe in a sky daddy or not and whether a sky daddy exists or not he is a character in a book that anyone can read who teaches people to not be gullible, to not just swallow any irrational thing that people say without thinking, to stand guard over the purity of your own mind by differentiating between clean and unclean teaching, right and wrong true and false in order to have a fulfilling life.

Its what you are half assed trying to do. supposedly.

By condemning the the teaching of sky daddy, you might as well be condemning yourself.

lol... No problem! I am always happy to make the less fortunate feel good about the level of their intelligence.

Anyway, while you are reveling in your glory,
I do love me some irony... Hobelim, your god is you, and you worship that God by fellating yourself.
By condemning the the teaching of sky daddy, you might as well be condemning yourself.
Oh no! That's disconcerting. Or not. Sorry shaman hobelim, your magical threats and incantations hold no weight, here. Maybe try an Amazonian tribe, or some starving kids in subsaharan Africa. They will tell you how smart you are for a sandwich.

Of course it is.

Then what’s all this hell talk about?

Its just a metaphor for the confused state of mind of the people who fill their minds with the trash discarded by higher intelligences. It really has nothing whatever to with whether you believe in God or not.

Forum List

Back