Can Atheists be Moral?

Then what’s all this hell talk about?

Its just a metaphor for the confused state of mind of the people who fill their minds with the trash discarded by higher intelligences. It really has nothing whatever to with whether you believe in God or not.
No one knows if there is a god or hell. All wild speculation. No holy book contains any facts on the subject but they claim to. That’s a lie. They’ve been lying all these years. Too many Christians and Muslims see these stories as facts. Why so much confusion in the church on if these stories are factual or not? They want you to believe they are facts. When they no longer can convince you it’s factual then they get you to go along because it’s a good story that produces good things.

I disagree and even if a lie makes you feel good it’s still a lie

Hell, I wish there was no such thing as hell. One day there won't be any such place. Until then I can help but notice how many people are flailing about in its fires being tormented day and night by devils and demons who keep their befuddled minds in captivity .
Holy beyelzabob
And a copra sanctum to boot!

Can't you hear the cries of lost souls in hell?

We are sinners! The end is near! the antichrist will kill us! Judgment day is coming! Hell is real! Jesus save us!
I read about Christians the years after Christ. All of them were certain the end was near but they grew old and nothing ever happened.

And in the 1500s Martin Luther was so sure the end was near, but it never happened.

And guess what? The end is near for all of us. I’m 48. I have anywhere from 1 day to 52 years left. Doesn’t really matter to me really if you all come with me or not. I would prefer it be just me though so I want to stop global warming. You know for future generations.

I also want to put man in space because this planet will someday die

We can survive and thrive with triple this population.
I like to think so, too. You aren't really arguing against a word i have said. But it's still a good idea to take steps to ensure that. Noting the hardships that an exploding population can cause is the first step in that direction. So it's neither smart nor wise to immediately jump on people for bringing them up, thereby stalling the discussion.

I think we essentially agree.
I bet you if we were just talking about Detroit or Chicago he would agree with me we are overpopulated.

I like to think so, too. You aren't really arguing against a word i have said. But it's still a good idea to take steps to ensure that. Noting the hardships that an exploding population can cause is the first step in that direction. So it's neither smart nor wise to immediately jump on people for bringing them up, thereby stalling the discussion.

I bet you if we were just talking about Detroit or Chicago he would agree with me we are overpopulated.
Population centers have nothing to do with the macro population of the Earth, and in fact they help my case. LOOK! WE NEED TO SPREAD OUT B.C. POPULATION CENTERS ARE GROSS!

Thankfully, we have ample the amount of space to do so, duh.

No, we are under achieving.
Gotcha. We aren't failing, just under achieving. Where's my participation trophy, then? ;)
Your survival and the fact that you live in an age where the longest living humans in history are now being born - means we arent failing.

Survival is the goal.

What we ARE doing, is underachieving on the "quality of life" aspect, and not survival.

We are not ‘overpopulated,’ and your homosexuality has nothing to do with demographics.
That myth is repeated by a LOT of people. We arent even CLOSE to capacity. Not even a FRACTION of it.
Bullshit. We are even crossing lines and going past points of no return. You cons are so fucking blind.
Im not conservative and global warming is a topic regarding our pollution - not oir population size. Humans on the entire earth can fit in fucking Texas. These are raw numbers, we are not at even a FRACTION of capacity weirdo. Something like 80% of the US land mass is undeveloped wild life. Look it up.
Yet our oceans are filled with plastic and our landfills are filled with disposable diapers.

I guess if humans went back to using diapers you wash and reuse that might make an impact but we won’t.
Yet, what the fuck do you mean YET...

You're talking about POLLUTION, theres no YET, I agree we pollute too much. I disagree that its a matter of population size, its moreso a problem with our ingenuity.
Sure if we solved the problems we wouldn’t be overpopulated but google this. humanity has finally consumed more than it can produce in a year.

Your survival and the fact that you live in an age where the longest living humans in history are now being born - means we arent failing.
Bullshit. See, the thing about global concerns is that they are global.

No, mere survival is not the goal. Thriving is the goal. We definitely diverge there, and you self-defeat with that nonsense. If survival is the only goal, then we apparently succeeded 200,000 years ago. By your lofty standard.

I like to think so, too. You aren't really arguing against a word i have said. But it's still a good idea to take steps to ensure that.
Then you didnt need to chime in, because the conversation you chimed into was a claim that we are overpopulated. Surviving and thriving is something we can achieve without the mitigation of our population size, and you just agreed with that sooo0o0o...THATS weird.
Google what Africa expects its population to be in the next few decades. They are worried. So is the rest of the planet especially if they all start global warming the planet like the rest of us are doing.

Thank god for abortions and wars huh?

Google what Africa expects its population to be in the next few decades. They are worried.
They should be. And people need to understand that this will have effects on the entire world.

I mean, look at the tailspin we go into when one person crosses our border and is positive for Ebola.

Population centers have nothing to do with the macro population of the Earth, and in fact they help my case. LOOK! WE NEED TO SPREAD OUT B.C. POPULATION CENTERS ARE GROSS!

Thankfully, we have ample the amount of space to do so, duh.
Then we need to start paying half the fishing boats who are over fishing our oceans to stop and instead we pay them to clean up the oceans for a decade. But the price of fish will go up and our taxes will go up to clean up the oceans.

Luckily the rest of the world would be on board. So would democrats. Only republicans would fight this

That myth is repeated by a LOT of people. We arent even CLOSE to capacity. Not even a FRACTION of it.
Bullshit. We are even crossing lines and going past points of no return. You cons are so fucking blind.
Im not conservative and global warming is a topic regarding our pollution - not oir population size. Humans on the entire earth can fit in fucking Texas. These are raw numbers, we are not at even a FRACTION of capacity weirdo. Something like 80% of the US land mass is undeveloped wild life. Look it up.
Yet our oceans are filled with plastic and our landfills are filled with disposable diapers.

I guess if humans went back to using diapers you wash and reuse that might make an impact but we won’t.

You're talking about POLLUTION, theres no YET, I agree we pollute too much. I disagree that its a matter of population size, its moreso a problem with our ingenuity.
Sure if we solved the problems we wouldn’t be overpopulated but google this. humanity has finally consumed more than it can produce in a year.
You just conceded that the issue is a matter of problem solving, not population size.

"sure but i just like to argue"

A restaurant throws more away in a day than a person needs to eat in a year.

Its a logistics and cooperation problem.

We are nowhere near "overpopulated," and globally fertility rates are declining. Relax Chickenshit Little.

Google what Africa expects its population to be in the next few decades. They are worried.
They should be. And people need to understand that this will have effects on the entire world.

I mean, look at the tailspin we go into when one person crosses our border and is positive for Ebola.
If you watch that show about the planet with Will Smith and those astronauts you learn the entire planet is connected. What happens in the rain forest and deserts are all connected. Very delicate and fragile.

You just conceded that the issue is a matter of problem solving, not population size.
That's such an odd thing to say. The matter is problem solving, but not the problem itself? Weird...it would be interesting to see someone address accommodating burgeoning population growth while refusing to acknowledge burgeoning population growth...

Ebola spreads worse in population centers.

Theres enough land to quintuple our size WHILE reducing population centers.

That's such an odd thing to say. The matter is problem solving, but not the problem itself? Weird...it would be interesting to see someone address accommodating burgeoning population growth while refusing to acknowledge burgeoning population growth...
A few posts ago, you agreed that population size wasnt the issue. Now youre calling it the problem itself.

Look, its a waste of time to have conversations with people who are that autistic and un-caring in the text they lay down.

Last edited:

We are nowhere near "overpopulated," and globally fertility rates are declining. Relax Chickenshit Little.
Science says republicans are brainwashed by rush and fox to deny global warming is man made.

And you are fighting going green despite their warnings. So I tend to not believe republicans when they downplay the warnings. Remember you guys denied lead was bad and that cigarettes cause cancer. You lie for the corporations who want more people not less. More people lowers wages and means more consumers.

Let's try an analogy:

You are mayor of a city with streets that are over congested. The first step in solving this problem is to admit that the streets are over congested ( if no admittal of the problem, then no honest attempt can come about to solve it).

So, you work with your planning department on a multi faceted solution. This will come in the form of wider streets and better traffic control, along with upgrading the capacity of public transportation.

So, while you have both acknowledged the problem and taken, among other steps, a step that gives more people the choice not to drive a car, at no point have you "banned cars" or limited the number of cars people can own.

Forum List

Back