Can Atheists be Moral?

The misallocation of resource problem is not a function of population, its a function of logistics.
It is, of course, a function of both. So no, you're wrong. You would, of course, in any such honest attempt have to acknowledge the size of the population and its growth rate. So you won't be much help.
No. It isnt. If we have enough resources to accommodate more than our populace, the issue isnt the size of the population its the allocation of the resources.

That was another false equivocation fallacy, and I see above that you dont know what that means so Ill tell you, youre equivocating on what the "problem" is. The size of the population is not contributing to the problem, the lack of sufficient logistics is. Thats your equivocation. On the word "problem" and the fact you keep saying that Im DENYING theres a problem exascerbates your false equivocation, as Ive repeatedly stated that misallocation of resources IS a problem. Population size, is not. Theyre seperate concepts which youve conflated to assert that Ive said neither exist. Your fallacy, own it.

Further, it was dishonest.

"A few posts ago, you agreed that population size wasnt the issue. Now youre calling it the problem itself."

At no point did I say or imply such a thing. The problem encompasses all of it: our growing population, and how to accommodate it in such a way not just to promote survival, but also thrival.
You just said you wanted to accomodate the GROWTH, "growing population and how to accommodate it." - your words.

So, to accommodate the GROWTH, you want to stop the GROWTH.

What does he win, ladies and gentlemen.

If we have enough resources to accommodate more than our populace, the issue isnt the size of the population its the allocation of the resources.
Clearly the problem is both, and so empowering people to have choices of when to reproduce would be a part of that solution. That's the smart way to approach it. Just like public transportation is one of the facets of addressing traffic congestion.

You just said you wanted to accomodate the GROWTH, "growing population and how to accommodate it." - your words.
True, so? I'm not proposing culling the human herd or banning reproduction. I think the population will still grow, no matter what steps we take. So I acknowledge and invite your points on this, while not being squeamish about also addressing population growth. You don't seem to be willing to do this simple intellectual task.

If we have enough resources to accommodate more than our populace, the issue isnt the size of the population its the allocation of the resources.
Clearly the problem is both, and so empowering people to have choices of when to reproduce would be a part of that solution. That's the smart way to approach it. Just like public transportation is one of the facets of addressing traffic congestion.
The problem is both if you have a blind spot in your reasoning capabilities.

Nyc is not a mecca of starvation but its densely populated. It has restaurants throwing away trillions of pounds of unused foods.

There are LESS dense (by many magnitudes) populations in Africa (that are) starving.

Thats your defeater that population is a contributing factor, or even relevant.

The factor that matters is the misallocation.

True, so? I'm not proposing culling the human herd or banning reproduction. I think the population will still grow, no matter what steps we take. So I acknowledge and invite your points on this, while not being squeamish about also addressing population growth. You don't seem to be willing to do this simple intellectual task.
You want to address population growth by accommodating it, and accommodating it would mean better allocating our resources.

Limiting it is not accommodating it. Youre stumbling all over yourself, you need a break on this topic its clearly a concept thats escaping you.

Nyc is not a mecca of starvation but its densely populated.
And every single year they acknowledge the problems causes by population growth, having to upgrade their infrastructure and public transportation. When they do so, do you think they pay any mind to some crazy person screaming, "there is no population growth problem!!!"

.heh heh...I doubt it.

Nyc is not a mecca of starvation but its densely populated.
And every single year they acknowledge the problems causes by population growth, having to upgrade their infrastructure and public transportation. When they do so, do you think they pay any mind to some crazy person screaming, "there is no population growth problem!!!"

.heh heh...I doubt it.
Thats also another misallocation of resources.

80% of the land in the US is undeveloped.

The population growth is not the issue, the issue is trying to do it all inside of a box that is NYC, land-mass wise.

Jesus christ this is simple shit

Jed has a gigantic, empty shed.
Jed tries to shove his lawn mower & his other yard tools into his broom closet and it barely fits.

Jed is misallocating his resources.

The broom closet is NYC. The yard tools are people. The shed is un-used land.

Forts analysis is Jed has too much stuff, when very simply he could reallocate his shed space from "empty," to..."for yard tools."

Nyc is not a mecca of starvation but its densely populated. It has restaurants throwing away trillions of pounds of unused foods.

There are LESS dense (by many magnitudes) populations in Africa (that are) starving.

There are many people starving in the cities and its not because there are too many people or not enough food.

They have no money. If they did they wouldn't be poor or starving or turn to crime etc.,

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

There are many people starving in the cities and its not because there are too many people or not enough food.

They have no money. If they did they wouldn't be poor or starving or turn to crime etc.,
yupp

yupp

Like you said, misappropriation of the collective wealth of resources by a few laying siege to the lives of many in order to subjugate and bend them to their will and profit from their suffering while living smooth, comfortable, and self indulgent lives on easy street all justified by their dedication to perpetuating the most ignorant, superstitious, irrational, and perverse interpretations of biblical teachings possible upon which they base their false claim to moral authority.

Simple.

Last edited:
You guys tell us there’s something wrong with us atheists for not believing the Bible. You come up with all kinds of irrational reasons why we don’t buy it.

Well why isn’t it obvious to the muslims, Buddhists, Mormons, Hindus, jews etc?

How come they aren’t Christians too?
No. I am telling you it is idiotic to call it a fairytale. But please do keep doing it because I don't mind correcting it. :thup:
Ok I’ll give you there was a nice man name Jesus born 2000 years ago. Jews Mormons muslims Hindu Buddhist agree with that too.

Ugh.. There were lots of nice men 2000 years ago, well, probably at least a few.

Why do you suppose that this particular nice man, who was despised according to the story, was singled out to be the subject of a fantastical story about dead people coming out of their tombs and graves after hearing him speak a few words?
He spoke up. He was a big mouth trouble making rabble rouser

Yeah, but there were many big mouth trouble making rabble rousers back then who didn't rise up against their own religion. Ask Rosie. They were clamoring for an uprising against the romans. A Jewish holy war. but not Jesus.

Jesus instead openly rejected more than a thousand years of Jewish traditions dating back to the death of Moses, denouncing widely respected and beloved holy men who were famous for their acts of charity, doctors, lawyers, and their blind followers suggesting that they, the oppressed, should focus on their own shortcomings and love their brutal foreign oppressors. People high and low hated his guts. Everyone questioned his sanity. Why would anyone elevate him to the status of messiah, messenger of a holy God after he was unanimously condemned by the religious authorities as a traitor and executed as a seditious petty criminal by the Romans?

Some very dedicated religious experts and luminaries still scoff at the idea that this particularly offensive rabble rouser was the messiah.

Why would anyone think that Jesus was the messiah way back then much less an incarnation of God himself to this day??
Why would anyone think that Jesus was the messiah way back then much less an incarnation of God himself to this day??

they didn't nor did the character ever proclaim they were a messiah, as but one of the various representations who's notoriety was to suffer the fate of crucifixion. by fate and through distress rome chose the latter, centuries past, to appease a growing discontentment by rationalizing a new religion.

Exactly. Some idiots just repeat anything they’re told, and that particular lie fits the general leftist hostility towards human life.
What a completely idiotic thing to say. Those concerned about over population are concerned with the well being of the people who do and will exist. You sound like a goddam moron.

Note how many people who repeat that falsehood also support abortion and other aspects of the democrat death cult.
Exactly. Some idiots just repeat anything they’re told, and that particular lie fits the general leftist hostility towards human life.

Note how many people who repeat that falsehood also support abortion and other aspects of the democrat death cult.

... and that particular lie fits the general leftist hostility towards human life.

and you disdain all other life in regard to your own.

upload_2019-1-20_13-42-2.jpeg

good luck, loser.

What a completely idiotic thing to say. Those concerned about over population are concerned with the well being of the people who do and will exist. You sound like a goddam moron.

... and that particular lie fits the general leftist hostility towards human life.

and you disdain all other life in regard to your own......

What makes you say that?

In what way does faggotry and buttsex promote survival?

I wouldn't bet the farm or my life on the empathy of an athiest or state baby.

Probably not on an alleged "Christian" either, unless I knew them really well.
We are overpopulated and over consuming. We have kids looking to be adopted.

Faggotry is Mother Nature’s way

We are not ‘overpopulated,’ and your homosexuality has nothing to do with demographics.
That myth is repeated by a LOT of people. We arent even CLOSE to capacity. Not even a FRACTION of it.
Bullshit. We are even crossing lines and going past points of no return. You cons are so fucking blind.
Im not conservative and global warming is a topic regarding our pollution - not our population size. Humans on the entire earth can fit in fucking Texas. These are raw numbers, we are not at even a FRACTION of capacity weirdo. Something like 80% of the US land mass is undeveloped wild life. Look it up.
Im not conservative and global warming is a topic regarding our pollution - not our population size. Humans on the entire earth can fit in fucking Texas. These are raw numbers, we are not at even a FRACTION of capacity weirdo. Something like 80% of the US land mass is undeveloped wild life. Look it up.

images

another joke looking for an audience ... obviously has never been in a plane, not a single stretch of forest from florida to texas - ther's obviously a reason you are an atheist.

The population growth is not the issue, the issue is trying to do it all inside of a box that is NYC, land-mass wise.
To accommodate the population growth. Yes, I know, I already pointed that out. Also, If no population growth, then no problem to address. Thank you for repeating my points back to me.

They have no money.
They have SOME money, just not enough to afford what they need, due to scarcity of resources. Which, as we know, is not only dependent on demand, but also supply. Two sides to this coin.

They have more direct competition for housing , food, etc, due to population density.

Don't worry guys, I won't say"overpopulation". I can make all the same points without using the trigger word. And it seems we can all agree on what to do about it, for the most part.

Last edited:

What makes you say that?
What makes you say that?

where is habitat, only 200 years from today ... of course orientals have never had a conscious - been killing any whales lately.

What makes you say that?
What makes you say that?

where is habitat, only 200 years from today ... .....

You watch too much TV, kid.

Forum List

Back