Can Atheists be Moral?

We can survive and thrive with triple this population.

I think we essentially agree.
Weird, weird people on this website. its just like some odd fascination or OCD to wanna argue.
And you seem odd to me...you are willing to talk about solutions to a problem you insist does not exist. Watching this discussion, it seems the hitch has been the trigger word "overpopulation". As long as nobody says the magic word, we all stay on the same page. We will try to accommodate your delicate sensibilities. ;)

" 61 countries (with about 44% of the world’s population) already have below-replacement fertility rates (less than 2.1 births per woman). The number of such countries is projected to grow to 87 by 2015, encompassing about two thirds of the world’s population"

"Fertility has declined most quickly in Latin America and Asia"

Source: United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), UNESCo_Org/education
All of which is due to empowerment of women to have more opportunities and to control their own lives,vis a vis, when they get married and to whom they get married, and control over their own reproduction.

Let's try an analogy:

You are mayor of a city with streets that are over congested. The first step in solving this problem is to admit that the streets are over congested ( if no admittal of the problem, then no honest attempt can come about to solve it).

So, you work with your planning department on a multi faceted solution. This will come in the form of wider streets and better traffic control, along with upgrading the capacity of public transportation.

So, while you have both acknowledged the problem and taken, among other steps, a step that gives more people the choice not to drive a car, at no point have you "banned cars" or limited the number of cars people can own.
Like nyc. You can have a car but most will take public transportation. Cant afford a car. Not practical.

I think we are there now. Let me give you an example. Let’s say it’s $300 a month for a lease and $100 for insurance. Then gas and oil changes. Let’s say it’s $500 a month to drive my car.

If I had public transportation I could save money even if I only made $30k a year.

Same argument for socialized medicine. If people didn’t have to pay $300 a month for health insurance.

Then cable and internet

How do people do it? Can’t have kids.

We can survive and thrive with triple this population.

I think we essentially agree.
Weird, weird people on this website. its just like some odd fascination or OCD to wanna argue.
And you seem odd to me...you are willing to talk about solutions to a problem you insist does not exist. Watching this discussion, it seems the hitch has been the trigger word "overpopulation". As long as nobody says the magic word, we all stay on the same page. We will try to accommodate your delicate sensibilities. ;)
False equivocation fallacy, youre good at that.

I wanna talk about the problem of our misallocation of resources ~ and overpopulation implies we dont have ENOUGH resources, which isnt true.

Its that we misallocate them.

Youre just fuggin dense

No it wasn't. It was my commentary on you, in response to yours on me. At no point did I state or imply equivalence. Don't try too hard to sound smart, you can fall on your face doing that. You can just be smart without the dancing and prancing.

I wanna talk about the problem of our misallocation of resources
As do I! See? Same page on that one. Another solution to a problem you insist does not exist.

No it wasn't. It was my commentary on you, in response to yours on me. At no point did I state or imply equivalence. Don't try too hard to sound smart, you can fall on your face doing that. You can just be smart without the dancing and prancing.

I wanna talk about the problem of our misallocation of resources
As do I! See? Same page on that one. Another solution to a problem you insist does not exist.
The misallocation of resource problem is not a function of population, its a function of logistics.

Youre now dismissed, idiot.

The misallocation of resource problem is not a function of population, its a function of logistics.
It is, of course, a function of both. So no, you're wrong. You would, of course, in any such honest attempt have to acknowledge the size of the population and its growth rate. So you won't be much help.

You just conceded that the issue is a matter of problem solving, not population size.
That's such an odd thing to say. The matter is problem solving, but not the problem itself? Weird...it would be interesting to see someone address accommodating burgeoning population growth while refusing to acknowledge burgeoning population growth...
A few posts ago, you agreed that population size wasnt the issue. Now youre calling it the problem itself.

Look, its a waste of time to have conversations with people who are that autistic and un-caring in the text they lay down.
He hasn’t thought it through. Stop trying to bully him. That’s how cons convert people.

He knows two things. Too many people has led to our oceans turning into toilet bowls

And too many workers for not enough jobs is a bad thing.

The cities like Detroit and Chicago aren’t producing people who will eventually come to your neighborhoods and be productive. They are takers.

So you say they should move out. But then what are they going to do in the middle class? We aren’t having a lot of kids because we can’t afford them. So in a way right now you are right. We are in a crisis. We aren’t producing enough babies. Well what do you wcxpect when your policies made the middle class poorer so the rich could get richer?

This is why I like republican policies. They lower the birth rates.

The only place birth rates don’t go down is poor areas because they are already poor. I’m hoping republican work requirements on federal help will get poor women to stop having so many mistakes. And if they want to have mistakes get your baby daddy to pay for it.

I’m only against people on public assistance having more than 1 mistake no matter what color or where they live.

"A few posts ago, you agreed that population size wasnt the issue. Now youre calling it the problem itself."

At no point did I say or imply such a thing. The problem encompasses all of it: our growing population, and how to accommodate it in such a way not just to promote survival, but also thrival.

Last edited:
Thank you, unkotare , for furiously googling for agreeable headlines to articles you never read, and for failing to use their content to make any point whatsoever.

You keep forgetting to make your point. While the global fertility rate mmay be declining, it is not zero or negative. So what point are you trying to make?
He says eventually it’ll lower and never go beyond a manageable point.

If republican policies work he may be right. Middle class people don’t want to be poor so we’re having less kids. And republicans are taking away the nanny state for poor people so even they might think twice about having a kid you can’t afford.

Even unkotare should agree with this statement: A person who doesn’t have health insurance should not be having a baby.

Even unkotare should agree with this statement: A person who doesn’t have health insurance should not be having a bab
Well, that's neat and all, but pointing at people and saying, "do better!" is a non solution. It's like teaching abstinence.

Forum List

Back