Can Atheists be Moral?

Many theists believe it is clear-cut. Humans can only have opinions about morality, and no one’s opinion is any more valid than anyone else’s. This leads them to the conclusion that an objective source of morality must stand apart from, and above, humans. That source, they say, is God. Since atheists, reject God, atheists can have no basis for morality.

This is really two separate arguments: (1) that God is the source of objective morality and humans can learn morality from God and (2) that humans on their own have no way to know what is moral and what is not.

Can atheists be moral? - Atheist Alliance International
How can this God be moral when the past history of this God has God performing immoral acts and breaking his/her own rules, it's bullshit.
God never committed such acts.
You just blame everything on God.
I don't blame god for anything. He doesn't exist.
We will see...... LOL!!!!

Morality is not by being a Christian and believing in GOD it is the inborn sense of right and wrong. I am not religious, I am spiritual. I do not believe in organized religion where someone tells me what I am supposed to believe. Too many atrocities have been done in the name of Christianity and GOD.

Ah, how cute. People with the mentality of a pimply-faced 14 year old troll thinks he's being edgy and cool.
Who are you talking to?

You know what I want? I want conservatives to make abortion illegal. This would be horrible for society so I want to see what this world would have been like if from 1969-now all those unwanted babies were born to mothers who didn’t want them and couldn’t afford them

Republicans would never admit it was these babaies that caused the spike in poverty welfare or global warming.

Is there any chance at all, that with abortion banned , people will do more than ever to prevent unwanted pregnancies in the first place?
Is there any chance at all, that with abortion banned , people will do more than ever to prevent unwanted pregnancies in the first place?

History of Abortion

Abortion has been performed for thousands of years, and in every society that has been studied. It was legal in the United States from the time the earliest settlers arrived. At the time the Constitution was adopted, abortions before “quickening” were openly advertised and commonly performed.

The prohibition of legal abortion from the 1880s until 1973 came under the same anti-obscenity or Comstock laws that prohibited the dissemination of birth control information and services.

Criminalization of abortion did not reduce the numbers of women who sought abortions. In the years before Roe v. Wade, the estimates of illegal abortions ranged as high as 1.2 million per year. Although accurate records could not be kept, it is known that between the 1880s and 1973, many thousands of women were harmed as a result of illegal abortion.

people will do more than ever to prevent unwanted pregnancies in the first place ...

In the years before Roe v. Wade, the estimates of illegal abortions ranged as high as 1.2 million per year.

what is an "unwanted pregnancy" - for the pretend moralist ... the mere thought is in itself the actual outcome. per desired medical solution to physiological constraints.

You're full of shit. Nobody knows what the numbers of illegal abortions were, that's a totally fabricated number. What we do know is that the numbers of legal abortions SKYROCKETED each year for decades after RvW. Every year there was more, more, more.

And the numbers of women harmed and killed by abortion since 1973 long ago bypassed the numbers harmed before it was legal. Because NOW the entire medical field is engaged in running interference for abortionist ghouls and their victims. When women are butchered and die at home of sepsis or hemorrhage after an abortion, the ER workers and the morticians opt not to identify the CAUSE.

Your numbers are garbage, and you're a propagandist for an industry that mangles women and chops up babies for profit. That makes you the dregs of society. You are the most vile and despicable of any group of people...you rub shoulders and indeed embrace the same garbage anti-human ideologies as Hitler, Herod, the Pharoahs, and any slave owner who ever raped or killed a female slave.
Abortion is a simple outpatient procedure. Very safe.

Ah, how cute. People with the mentality of a pimply-faced 14 year old troll thinks he's being edgy and cool.
Who are you talking to?

You know what I want? I want conservatives to make abortion illegal. This would be horrible for society so I want to see what this world would have been like if from 1969-now all those unwanted babies were born to mothers who didn’t want them and couldn’t afford them

Republicans would never admit it was these babaies that caused the spike in poverty welfare or global warming.

No look at Africa. The poor just keep popping them out so much so that

More than half of the world’s population growth will be in Africa by 2050

It will also increase illegal unsafe abortions for women who really want them. And rich women never had a problem getting an abortion. Only the poor will be punished by banning abortion. That and the rest of us who will have to deal with the spike in crime that will no doubt come with all the unwanted kids.

Imagine if all the people in prison's parents aborted them like they should have.

The typical democrat hostility toward life on display again.
Well we all hear about the kids who weren't aborted and grew up to be productive members of society. What about the ones who didn't?

Do you know what he did?
Male nurse worker arrested for 'rape' after woman in coma gives birth

incapacitated-woman-birth-752x501.jpg

Many theists believe it is clear-cut. Humans can only have opinions about morality, and no one’s opinion is any more valid than anyone else’s. This leads them to the conclusion that an objective source of morality must stand apart from, and above, humans. That source, they say, is God. Since atheists, reject God, atheists can have no basis for morality.

This is really two separate arguments: (1) that God is the source of objective morality and humans can learn morality from God and (2) that humans on their own have no way to know what is moral and what is not.

"1) that God is the source of objective morality and humans can learn morality from God and (2) that humans on their own have no way to know what is moral and what is not."

1. god doesn't exist. the source of morality for people why believe in god does NOT come from a non-existant god. It comes from a book written by uneducated, ignorant, primitive savages.

The fact that these people NEED a book (and a god) to tell them what is right or wrong, moral v immoral, is sad, pathetic and rather scary!

what if that book says "kill gays and atheists and witches!"?

And not just "I'm god....don't steal!"....

that wasn't enough to deter them or make them moral.

They needed FEAR!

So god had to say "I'm god....don't steal....or YOU WILL BURN IN HELL!"

Now THAT got their attention.

(2) that humans on their own have no way to know what is moral and what is not.

ridiculous.

I know right v wrong and I did NOT need a bible to tell me.

In fact, MOST of what the bible says is IMMORAL is BS.
The Bible teaches us what is right and wrong but it is up to us to know the difference an act accordingly. But we do not need the bible to do what is right. We have free will.

How can this God be moral when the past history of this God has God performing immoral acts and breaking his/her own rules, it's bullshit.
No you won't. You'll be dead. Remember what life was like the 13 billion years before you were born? That's what it'll be like when you are dead.

“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.” – Mark Twain

"1) that God is the source of objective morality and humans can learn morality from God and (2) that humans on their own have no way to know what is moral and what is not."

1. god doesn't exist. the source of morality for people why believe in god does NOT come from a non-existant god. It comes from a book written by uneducated, ignorant, primitive savages.

The fact that these people NEED a book (and a god) to tell them what is right or wrong, moral v immoral, is sad, pathetic and rather scary!

what if that book says "kill gays and atheists and witches!"?

And not just "I'm god....don't steal!"....

that wasn't enough to deter them or make them moral.

They needed FEAR!

So god had to say "I'm god....don't steal....or YOU WILL BURN IN HELL!"

Now THAT got their attention.

(2) that humans on their own have no way to know what is moral and what is not.

ridiculous.

I know right v wrong and I did NOT need a bible to tell me.

In fact, MOST of what the bible says is IMMORAL is BS.
The Bible teaches us what is right and wrong but it is up to us to know the difference an act accordingly. But we do not need the bible to do what is right. We have free will.
How could a nation that supposedly was founded by Christians own slaves? What good is that book if it didn't even stop them from doing that?

And all the Catholics in Germany WW2. How could Christians become Nazi's?

Who are you talking to?

History of Abortion

Abortion has been performed for thousands of years, and in every society that has been studied. It was legal in the United States from the time the earliest settlers arrived. At the time the Constitution was adopted, abortions before “quickening” were openly advertised and commonly performed.

The prohibition of legal abortion from the 1880s until 1973 came under the same anti-obscenity or Comstock laws that prohibited the dissemination of birth control information and services.

Criminalization of abortion did not reduce the numbers of women who sought abortions. In the years before Roe v. Wade, the estimates of illegal abortions ranged as high as 1.2 million per year. Although accurate records could not be kept, it is known that between the 1880s and 1973, many thousands of women were harmed as a result of illegal abortion.

people will do more than ever to prevent unwanted pregnancies in the first place ...

In the years before Roe v. Wade, the estimates of illegal abortions ranged as high as 1.2 million per year.

what is an "unwanted pregnancy" - for the pretend moralist ... the mere thought is in itself the actual outcome. per desired medical solution to physiological constraints.

You're full of shit. Nobody knows what the numbers of illegal abortions were, that's a totally fabricated number. What we do know is that the numbers of legal abortions SKYROCKETED each year for decades after RvW. Every year there was more, more, more.

And the numbers of women harmed and killed by abortion since 1973 long ago bypassed the numbers harmed before it was legal. Because NOW the entire medical field is engaged in running interference for abortionist ghouls and their victims. When women are butchered and die at home of sepsis or hemorrhage after an abortion, the ER workers and the morticians opt not to identify the CAUSE.

Your numbers are garbage, and you're a propagandist for an industry that mangles women and chops up babies for profit. That makes you the dregs of society. You are the most vile and despicable of any group of people...you rub shoulders and indeed embrace the same garbage anti-human ideologies as Hitler, Herod, the Pharoahs, and any slave owner who ever raped or killed a female slave.
History of Abortion

Between 1967 and 1973 one-third of the states liberalized or repealed their criminal abortion laws. However, the right to have an abortion in all states was only made available to American women in 1973 when the Supreme Court struck down the remaining restrictive state laws with its ruling in Roe v. Wade.

Between 1967 and 1973 one-third of the states liberalized or repealed their criminal abortion laws.

you are arguing for one poster that included your subject to this thread and is the reason you have chosen to post your opinion being obsessed with what you believe to be an absolute you can not live without, the supposed moral highground ...

the truth is you are simply obsessed over a subject matter that progressively evolved in a manner that is time tested for its accuracy as opposed to forcing your uneducated, selfrighteous opinion onto society that broadly accommodated a reasoned solution giving choice to those willing to make that decision.

reasoned solution = morality /=/ selfrighteous obsession.

Who are you talking to?

History of Abortion

Prior to Roe v Wade, the nation as a whole was much more ignorant about children's development while they are in the womb.

We didn't know anything about dna, ultrasounds, ivf , prenatal surgery or anthing like that.

You can ignore the difference that makes, if you want to.

I think lawmakers will wisely take it into account.
Baby killers are masters of the deniable plausibility and the information withholding games. They deny information to the women they exploit...and whenever they are caught in a particularly ghoulish affirmation, they pretend they didn't know what they were saying.

Who are you talking to?

History of Abortion

History of Abortion

Between 1967 and 1973 one-third of the states liberalized or repealed their criminal abortion laws. However, the right to have an abortion in all states was only made available to American women in 1973 when the Supreme Court struck down the remaining restrictive state laws with its ruling in Roe v. Wade.

Between 1967 and 1973 one-third of the states liberalized or repealed their criminal abortion laws.

you are arguing for one poster that included your subject to this thread and is the reason you have chosen to post your opinion being obsessed with what you believe to be an absolute you can not live without, the supposed moral highground ...

the truth is you are simply obsessed over a subject matter that progressively evolved in a manner that is time tested for its accuracy as opposed to forcing your uneducated, selfrighteous opinion onto society that broadly accommodated a reasoned solution giving choice to those willing to make that decision.

reasoned solution = morality /=/ selfrighteous obsession.

You are a mentally ill, gibbering, ghoul.

Nothing you said there made any sense at all. Talk about uneducated and self righteous. You monsters always accuse others of whatever you are engaged in AT THAT MOMENT.

No you won't. You'll be dead. Remember what life was like the 13 billion years before you were born? That's what it'll be like when you are dead.

“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.” – Mark Twain
Only people who do evil need worry about dying. Oh, redemption is also something that can save you, but there is only one sin that you cannot be saved from, and that's denial or blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Look it up.

Only people who do evil need worry about dying. Oh, redemption is also something that can save you, but there is only one sin that you cannot be saved from, and that's denial.

Look it up.

I don't want to die, Mudwhistle. I want to know what happens next.

View attachment 243464

no, it is a statement against gluttony and ignorance ...

No, it was a clear and direct wish against human life.

no, it is a moral concern for Garden Earth -

images

orientals lost that long ago - why spread your crime, criminal.

View attachment 243464

no, it is a moral concern for Garden Earth -

images

orientals lost that long ago - why spread your crime, criminal.

:confused-84::eusa_eh::huh1::uhh:

Who are you talking to?

History of Abortion

Prior to Roe v Wade, the nation as a whole was much more ignorant about children's development while they are in the womb.

We didn't know anything about dna, ultrasounds, ivf , prenatal surgery or anthing like that.

Baby killers are masters of the deniable plausibility and the information withholding games. They deny information to the women they exploit...and whenever they are caught in a particularly ghoulish affirmation, they pretend they didn't know what they were saying.

We are just being honest. I don't want to kill a baby. Unless it's going to be severely retarded and I'm going to have to take care of it the rest of my life that is.

I'm not trying to withhold anything from you. We just think it's ok if we abort our fetus'. Don't you wish our moms aborted us?

Who are you talking to?

History of Abortion

We are just being honest. I don't want to kill a baby. Unless it's going to be severely retarded and I'm going to have to take care of it the rest of my life that is.

I'm not trying to withhold anything from you. We just think it's ok if we abort our fetus'. Don't you wish our moms aborted us?

Do you think our laws and policies that govern our societies would be right to be based on such wishes?

View attachment 243464

No that's just how you took it.

It's the poor who complain life isn't fair. There is some truth to that. Life isn't fair especially if you are born poor. So I don't blame a poor person who goes and gets an abortion because having that baby will doom them to poverty the rest of their lives. Are there small exceptions? Sure but they are rare.

And if Republicans are telling us we have too many poor people with kids who are on foodstamps and welfare and need obamacare for their kids? Then I can only say I don't want to take away abortion as an option to 18 years of welfare and/or foodstamps and/or Obamacare we are paying so that kid can be covered with healthcare. I'd rather the woman abort her fetus and us tax payers pay for that than pay for 18 years each kid. Yea each kid. We all know that she can have a 2nd kid in 5 years then she'll be on welfare for 23 years. I say she should abort rather than put us and the kids through it.

And Republicans can all appreciate this right?

Notice I don't tell middle class people to get abortions? The only reason I would tell a middle class person to abort is if the kid was going to put them into poverty. It's expensive to raise a kid.

Pro life Republicans must be pro welfare.

Forum List

Back