Can C.J. Stroud break the Ohio State QB curse?

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
Stroud is looking promising, I liked him more than Bryce Young, but he has to fight the OSU curse. He has a big test tomorrow against a Steeler defense.

380820912_765669678696224_4934945490848646704_n.jpg

I said from draft day that Stroud was the best QB in the draft.

Texans fans were pissed when Lovie and Mills won that final game against the Colts making us the 2nd pick in the draft.
Turns out it might have been a blessing. There's a lot of talk that someone was trying to bring down Stroud so people would pass on him after his poor test scores.
There's also talk that it was the Texans doing so.
Either Way the Texans got the clean end of the stick.
To get a quality QB like Stroud so soon after losing Deshaun is crazy lucky!!
......if he keeps playing like he is now.

Texans fans were pissed when Lovie and Mills won that final game against the Colts making us the 2nd pick in the draft.
Turns out it might have been a blessing. There's a lot of talk that someone was trying to bring down Stroud so people would pass on him after his poor test scores.
There's also talk that it was the Texans doing so.
Either Way the Texans got the clean end of the stick.
To get a quality QB like Stroud so soon after losing Deshaun is crazy lucky!!
......if he keeps playing like he is now.
The thing is, Stroud probably had the best workouts leading up to the draft and all the scouts said he looked the sharpest, I wonder if the OSU curse made the Panthers nervous.

The thing is, Stroud probably had the best workouts leading up to the draft and all the scouts said he looked the sharpest, I wonder if the OSU curse made the Panthers nervous.

I wouldnt think an NFL team would fall for that with all of their scouts.
One of the reasons I heard was the owners have the final say over the scouts and coaches.
So who knows?

I guess we're going to see what happens tomorrow.
Everyone said the Jags were going to destroy the Texans last week.
I dont have any high expectations as a Texan fan but this will be a good indicator.

Stroud is looking promising, I liked him more than Bryce Young, but he has to fight the OSU curse. He has a big test tomorrow against a Steeler defense.

View attachment 836568
I don’t think it’s a “curse” as much as a product of OSU’s strategy/offense.

They like their mobile QBs the past decades, and the knock on many/most mobile QBs is that they rely on their athleticism too much and don’t become finished products as passers.

Then, they go to the NFL, and suddenly the athleticism they relied on the excel is neutralized by faster defenders who can catch them.. and they are left with the passing skills and comfort in the pocket, which can often be deficient.

In short, OSU gets good college players, but by design they won’t be good NFL players usually

One of the reasons I heard was the owners have the final say over the scouts and coaches.
Every teams owner has the final say in the teams first draft pick, and usually exercise it, except for 98 year old Virginia McCaskey, who is still sitting in the owners box and still knows nothing about football.

Welp it looks like I was was wrong two weeks in a row.
I didn't think the Texans would beat the Jags and I didn't think the Texans would beat the Steelers.
I'm going to continue to think the Texans wont beat the next team they're playing.
I'm loving being consistently wrong and hope I can be wrong for the rest of the season.

Stroud is turning into a beast!!!
And he still hasn't been sacked 4 games into his rookie year,that's unheard of!!!

There were gambling touts who were saying Houston would win this one, I played them +10 (in a 4 team parlay) and I could have broken the bank if I not taken the points cause I didn't need them. Pickett seems lost to start the season.

6th QB to start a season's first 4 games with at least three hundred yards a game and 6 TD's
1st QB in history to do that without throwing an interception (or so someone said on ESPN).

384765306_864367761718455_1316811997052330995_n.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back