Can Gun Nuts Please Stop Saying You Need Guns to Protect Yourself From A Potential Tyrannical Government!!!

Again stupid, Shays rebellion was before the United States existed.
Fucking dope

The Articles of Confederation were ratified in 1781. Shay's Rebellion began in 1786 and ended in 1787 .

The Whiskey Rebellion was in 1794

Hopefully, China will be the army from the North to descend upon Israel so that the Lord will come, stand in the midst of the parted Mt. of Olives and end the bloodshed on the earth. Millennium, here we come! A bumpy ride for sure as Democrats simply are atheists that don't understand any of this.
Good God.

Here comes the fundies

Fucking dope

The Articles of Confederation were ratified in 1781. Shay's Rebellion began in 1786 and ended in 1787 .

The Whiskey Rebellion was in 1794

Retard, YOU stated Article 1, section 8 of the Constitution that had not been adopted.

You're as stupid as you are dishonest.

Protesting against the Reich is "law breaking."

The only law - serve the Reich without question.
Injuring 140 cops...sending dozens to the hospital...smashing their way into the US Capitol, obstructing the official proceedings of Congress...conspiracy to do all of the above...

Law breaking

Retard, YOU stated Article 1, section 8 of the Constitution that had not been adopted.

You're as stupid as you are dishonest.
It was certainly taking into account the events that happened just a few years before and set the stage for the putting down of a similar insurrection using that well regulated militia just a few years later

And America was CERTAINLY a country from 1781 when the AoC were ratified...some would argue from 1776

DUMFUK

The Long Game tells us, historically speaking, that any successful defeat of a tyrannical government, such as the one we currently live under in America, will be followed by any new government we form (eventually) becoming just as, if not more, tyrannical. The people of the original American colonies lived long enough to experience this reality; they in essence traded one God King for another—in a different form. Any true rebellion against tyranny must include the complete dissolution of government in all forms. A key, and possibly insurmountable obstacle to achieving such a thing: our revolutionary forefathers faced British infantry and artillery formations, muzzle loading rifles and cannon; today we face a tyrannical government in control of thermonuclear, biological and chemical doomsday weapons, a government that will kill any number of its own citizens in order to survive, to persist, at any cost in life.

The American people could most certainly fight a successful decades long guerilla war or insurgency, but any new government such a resistance could possibly form at the end of it would in time become the same old monarchy we've been suffering under since the dawn of human time. The road to such a place could indeed be very liberating, but in the end our children and theirs would suffer the same as we do now under our current police state.
So, what kind of Government do you want? No Government? Just anarchy with no laws or punishments? Are you insane? Our Government isn't perfect. But, it's the best this world has ever seen. It's why everyone from abroad wants to come to the United States of America. Few are fleeing to China, Russia, Venezuela, Columbia, England and so on. Our system of Government with it's basic rights found in our Constitution has created the greatest nation ever on the face of the earth. It's the communists, fascists, atheists and anarchists wolves in sheepskins that are tearing the country down with wokeism, CRT racist divisions and defunding the police. If we can stop the stated spiders of society then we can move forward and become an even greater nation for liberty and freedom around the world.

You really think the military can subdue a US civilian population by bombing individual homes with smart weapons? With all due respect...that borders on farce.

Most gun owners have no desire to use weapons against the Government. They don't. They want to be armed to protect themselves and their loved ones from bad people with no regard for human life. What gives you the right to take that away from them?
Of course they could.
With all due respect, it is you whom does not seem to know his/her military history.

All the military has to do is kill the leaders (and their underlings) of whatever movement they want to subdue.
The ignorant masses will cower in fear and give in.
When in history has a government had to kill even 10% of the population to subdue it?
Not 'wanted to'.
'Had to'?
Never.

And a JDAM is dirt cheap...only $25K a pop.
They could kill a million+ Americans with them and it would only cost $25+ billion.
Which is a tiny fraction of the military budget.
Without even breaking a sweat.
And all the privately-owned firearms in America could not even begin to stop them.

My point is NOTHING to do with guns being bad or good.
The ENTIRE point is that gun bunnies arguing that they need their firearms to protect the masses against a tyrannical government is utter and complete nonsense.

Last edited:
I will stop reminding the government that the second amendment is to protect the citizens from tyranny, when the government no longer needs the reminder.

Which is to say, never.

Where is that pilot going to sleep at night? How about his family?

You clearly havn't thought this through very much.

Typical of the braindead, progressive left.

And you clearly know dick about military history.
And apparently have never heard of a 'military base'?

And you are making a ridiculous and extreme assumption that every, single gun owner in America is going to be fighting this 'tyrannical' government you are fantasizing about.
Which is beyond nonsensical.
Americans cannot even agree whether the last election was stolen or not.
Are you so utterly clueless that you actually think most Americans would be in agreement about a government being 'tyrannical' or not?

If you are going to delve into simplistic, sci-fi fantasies?
I will not waste my time reading your ridiculous posts on this.

Bye.

Idiot. ^^^

You think anyone is talking about a "war against the US government"?

Dude - NO ONE is talking about that. Not the left, not the right, not the outliers, not even Goats. Not even me.

Please, check your insanity at the door.
Fine.

Show me - you stupid moron - a link that proves that no one in ALL of America is talking about this in the context of the OP or my post?

Guess what you low IQ, idiot?
You cannot.

Leave it to a fucking gun bunny to make some asinine statement about tens of millions of people that he has never even met.
What a fucking waste of oxygen you useless, gun bunnies are.

I love guns.
But you cowardly, disgusting gun bunnies do nothing but ruin it for the rest of us.

I swear to God that you human maggots care more about your guns than you do your children.
And you CANNOT prove that you do not.

We are done here.
As I try to only debate with people possessing IQ's OVER 80.
And I GUARANTEE that you do not.

And you know (or fear) it too.

Bye loser.

And you clearly know dick about military history.
And apparently have never heard of a 'military base'?

And you are making a ridiculous and extreme assumption that every, single gun owner in America is going to be fighting this 'tyrannical' government you are fantasizing about.
Which is beyond nonsensical.
Americans cannot even agree whether the last election was stolen or not.
Are you so utterly clueless that you actually think most Americans would be in agreement about a government being 'tyrannical' or not?

If you are going to delve into simplistic, sci-fi fantasies?
I will not waste my time reading your ridiculous posts on this.

Bye.

Actually, it appears YOU don't know squat about military history.

Who have we lost to in insurgency's?

Oh, right.

EVERYONE.

DUUUURRRRRRRR

It makes you sound mentally challenged.

Having guns is not going to protect you from the police or military. With normal police equipment, SWAT teams, police tactics and fire power etc, they can easily neutralize any armed threat or movement. They wouldn't even break a sweat. Not to mention, police surveillance tactics will make it impossible for an anti-government group to organize a big enough threat to the regime. You don't have a chance. And that is only the police. Your little AR-15 isn't going to do anything to a drone, tank, apache helicopter, fighter jet or combat unit (much less special forces). There is a reason you have not seen a people's uprising to over-throw a government even in Africa in decade. And really only Sudan has been overthrown by a military coup.

No, the only reason you want certain guns (such as a AR-15) is because you like to have them.

It is true the vast majority of gun owners are responsible and good people, including AR-15 owners. But that 1% or 0.05% that are not responsible can cause havoc, as we just saw in Highland park (an event I was on my way to attend and an event to which I know many people that were directly effected).

If you want to hunt, then a single shot hunting rifle will suffice. If it is about home defense, then handguns and shotguns (which as both short-range) would be sufficient.

There are many things that can be done, such as arm teachers, have cops in schools, secure soft targets, better mental health facilities, red flag rules and immunity for snitching, involuntary institutionalization, high standards for gun ownership, higher and minimum sentences for illegal gun possession, Federal no buy lists, vicarious liability for guns for the gun owner etc., but stop with the argument that you need guns for tyrannical governments! Because it is foolish.

There should be a ban on all guns other then single shot hunting rifles, handguns and shotguns.

Now I know handguns are by far the weapon of choice in the vast number of homicides, but so called "assault rifles" (yes I know that is a term the liberals made up) it by far a more sufficient weapon to commit mass murder then a handgun, even if they are semi-automatic (vs full).

Keep sticking to these stances that turn off the moderates (e.g. ban on abortion and do nothing on guns) and then cry about how Demorats can win with gas over $5-6, out of control inflation, major blunders in foreign policy and everyone hating woke politics. If the Demorats keep the House and pick up senate seats you are going to see the most radical changes to this country that we haver ever seen.
Fuck off.

I wonder why it was put in the very sparsely written 2A then

Because at the time it was written English was well understood and had not undergone decades of attack.

Forum List

Back