🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Can PC be eradicated in our Lifetimes?

It appears that some unidentified case workers expressed concern that discussing the race of perps might lead to reprisals from the community.

The report stated that front line staffers did not consider ethnicity while working cases.

"Prof Jay's report said that while ethnicity did not impact on the way front-line staff dealt with cases, it did affect the wider picture, with some staff in children's social care saying they were "advised by their managers to be cautious about referring to the ethnicity of the perpetrators"

Real or imagined Racism fear over Rotherham child abuse - BBC News

There was something going on there in a cover up of some kind. I would have to spend more time on it than I am willing in order to determine if the reluctance to discuss ethnicity on the part of some staffers actually led to children being sexually abused.

Based on my initial look.....PC played a role in the cover up.

Now what?

it was not from the "community" that they feared. it was from their managers and their peers.

"Several staff described their nervousness about identifying the ethnic origins of perpetrators for fear of being thought as racist; others remembered clear direction from their managers not to do so."

thank you for not denying the obvious truth that political correctness played a role in the failure of law enforcement and social services in stopping this rape ring in a timely fashion.

now what?

1. this resolves any question about whether political correctness exists. it does exist and there are hundreds of child rape victims as evidence.

2. we see that political correctness is fear of gratuitous accusations of breaking a political taboo, most commonly being a racist.

3. we see that having a good reason to is not considered a defense against such gratuitous accusations. the fact that hundreds of girls were being raped was no comfort to those that wanted to speak, nor a defense for those that did.

what do you think about that, for starters?

Please.....

Stop the filibuster tactics. I've already told you that I'm not going to spend any more time on the matter. Some nasty shit went down in England and the background for it is not something I am not very familiar with. It has little to do with my take on the discussion of PC in general.

I would like to know when and where you became aware of that case, though. Care to answer that?

The issue I have with Mac and his primary cause in life is that he assigns political correctness TO ME. You have done the same. In addition....those who whine incessantly about the "PC police" often point at liberals as the badge holders. I find that to be bullshit. What you are seeing is public figures being held accountable for saying and doing stupid things. They are not being arrested or fined by any government entity. They are being dealt with by the free market. Simply put....you need to take responsibility for your words.

There are people in the world who are afraid of being "unfairly" accused of being a bigot or a racist. These people have some reason to do a little self evaluation,I believe. When one is not a racist and has no such agenda, he or she doesn't spend any time fretting over being labeled as one.

Glenn Beck famously charged President Obama with being a racist. Did you see the POTUS scream about it? Nope. That's because he knows he isn't.

I've been called a racist by a few weirdos here. I don't spend a moment defending those ridiculous accusations. I don't have to. There is no basis for them. I'm not in the least bit offended by these accusations.

I asked you if you are a white supremacist. You freaked out.

Think about it.

1. considering the amount of time you spent allegedly asking me about my "feelings" your concern about wasting time on a well documented and verified real world example of political correctness causing great harm, is obviously a dodge.

2. odd, you don't want to spend time discussing a documented real world example of the thread subject, but you do want to know where i first became aware of the case? really? that not only further undermines your previous claim that you want to not waste time on this, but face it, you are trying to smear me with racism again are you not?

3. your desire to put the onus of unfair accusations of racism on those unfairly accused ignores the documented reality of this situation. there is nothing racist about pointing out that the rape ring is comprised of pakistanis. BUT those that made an issue of it were told to stop. one was sent for sensitivity training.

4. bull. you did not ask me a question. you launched a thinly veiled personal attack, and i responded appropriately by calling you an asshole. i am aware of your feeble rationalizations for your asshole behavior. i will judge you and treat you according to the reality of your asshole behavior.

5. the gratuitous accusations of racism, like the one you launched at me, and the damage we see these accusations cause people in the real world create the atmosphere of fear that led to the failures of government in birmingham.

you are part of the political correctness culture.

Suppose you answer the question I have asked and you tell me that you are a white supremacist. What do you fear that I will do with that information? Do you think I have set some kind of trap for you?

and i make some very good points, supported by both documented real world evidence AND your actions on this thread, and you ignore them all to keep going after me with thinly veiled smears of racism.

and you have the nerve to accuse me of "filibuster tactics"! LOL!

my real world example shows the real harm that political correctness does to people.

but you are giving a fine example of how libs use political correctness to shut down debate that they don't like.

and, btw, how much of assholes the political correctness mob are.

no offense meant.

to assholes that is.

except you didn't show that PC did any harm, only that officials failed to do their jobs properly and, among other things partially blamed some level fear, which in turn got characterized after the fact as PC, which is a bullshit LAME excuse...

The scale of this report is simply staggering and some of the detail extremely hard to read.

It lays out how Rotherham Council and the police knew about the level of child sexual exploitation in the town, but didn't do anything about it.

They either didn't believe what they were being told, played it down, or were too nervous to act. The failures, the report says, are blatant.

The report estimates 1,400 children were sexually exploited over 16 years, with one young person telling the report's author that gang rape was a usual part of growing up in Rotherham.

The processes for dealing with these crimes have got better in the last four years, but still improvements need to be made.

There were more apologies from the council today but the report's author says they are too late.

Speaking about her abuser, Isabel said: "I think because the police were aware and social services were aware and he knew that and they still didn't stop him it I think it encouraged him.

"It almost became like a game to him. He was untouchable."

"It's deeply distressing how the authorities failed to protect these young people and their voices were not heard.

"The report does not make comfortable reading in its account of the horrific experiences of some young people in the past, and I would like to reiterate our sincere apology to those who were let down when they needed help.

"I commissioned this independent review to understand fully what went wrong, why it went wrong and to ensure that the lessons learned in Rotherham mean these mistakes can never happen again.

"The report confirms that our services have improved significantly over the last five years and are stronger today than ever before.

"This is important because it allows me to reassure young people and families that should anyone raise concerns we will take them seriously and provide them with the support they need.

"However, that must not overshadow - and certainly does not excuse - the finding that for a significant amount of time the council and its partners could and should have done more to protect young people from what must be one of the most horrific forms of abuse imaginable."

my real world example shows the real harm that political correctness does to people.

you kept hounding for 3 days on what you THINK is ONE example... (systematic rape in England ^)

except you didn't show that PC did any harm, only that officials failed to do their jobs properly and, among other things partially blamed some level fear, which in turn got characterized after the fact as PC, which is a bullshit LAME excuse...

they were afraid to discuss the ethnic aspect of the rape ring for fear of being called racist.

those that did speak out were told by their supervisors to stop talking that way.

that is political correctness causing a failure of social services and law enforcement.

the culture of political correctness is at least partially to blame for the failure to address this rape ring in a timely fashion.

as a result hundreds of young girls were repeatedly raped.

this reveals that the basis of political correctness is fear of false accusations of racism, and the serious consequences that come with that.

this prevents serious discussion of real issues, and leads to problems not being addressed, and thus human suffering.

this is a extreme example.

can you think of an example here in the us?

you kept hounding for 3 days on what you THINK is ONE example... (systematic rape in England ^)

trying to discuss the thread topic is not filibustering. filibustering is trying to derail or stop discussion, not advance it.

and even lonelaugher admitted that pc "played a role" in the scandal.

do you have something to say on the topic of political correctness?

some officials reportedly claimed to have feared subjective repercussions... they feared so much to be called a name over saving kids from rape is a LAME excuse and a poor example for this thread topic to boot. MANY people knew what was happening and most likely the failed officials feared the perpetrators or they were complicit and using fear of name calling as a lame excuse. so i disagree with LL.

why don't YOU come up with a real life example in the USA...

It appears that some unidentified case workers expressed concern that discussing the race of perps might lead to reprisals from the community.

The report stated that front line staffers did not consider ethnicity while working cases.

"Prof Jay's report said that while ethnicity did not impact on the way front-line staff dealt with cases, it did affect the wider picture, with some staff in children's social care saying they were "advised by their managers to be cautious about referring to the ethnicity of the perpetrators"

There was something going on there in a cover up of some kind. I would have to spend more time on it than I am willing in order to determine if the reluctance to discuss ethnicity on the part of some staffers actually led to children being sexually abused.

Now what?

it was not from the "community" that they feared. it was from their managers and their peers.

"Several staff described their nervousness about identifying the ethnic origins of perpetrators for fear of being thought as racist; others remembered clear direction from their managers not to do so."

thank you for not denying the obvious truth that political correctness played a role in the failure of law enforcement and social services in stopping this rape ring in a timely fashion.

now what?

1. this resolves any question about whether political correctness exists. it does exist and there are hundreds of child rape victims as evidence.

2. we see that political correctness is fear of gratuitous accusations of breaking a political taboo, most commonly being a racist.

3. we see that having a good reason to is not considered a defense against such gratuitous accusations. the fact that hundreds of girls were being raped was no comfort to those that wanted to speak, nor a defense for those that did.

Please.....

Stop the filibuster tactics. I've already told you that I'm not going to spend any more time on the matter. Some nasty shit went down in England and the background for it is not something I am not very familiar with. It has little to do with my take on the discussion of PC in general.

I would like to know when and where you became aware of that case, though. Care to answer that?

The issue I have with Mac and his primary cause in life is that he assigns political correctness TO ME. You have done the same. In addition....those who whine incessantly about the "PC police" often point at liberals as the badge holders. I find that to be bullshit. What you are seeing is public figures being held accountable for saying and doing stupid things. They are not being arrested or fined by any government entity. They are being dealt with by the free market. Simply put....you need to take responsibility for your words.

There are people in the world who are afraid of being "unfairly" accused of being a bigot or a racist. These people have some reason to do a little self evaluation,I believe. When one is not a racist and has no such agenda, he or she doesn't spend any time fretting over being labeled as one.

Glenn Beck famously charged President Obama with being a racist. Did you see the POTUS scream about it? Nope. That's because he knows he isn't.

I've been called a racist by a few weirdos here. I don't spend a moment defending those ridiculous accusations. I don't have to. There is no basis for them. I'm not in the least bit offended by these accusations.

Think about it.

1. considering the amount of time you spent allegedly asking me about my "feelings" your concern about wasting time on a well documented and verified real world example of political correctness causing great harm, is obviously a dodge.

2. odd, you don't want to spend time discussing a documented real world example of the thread subject, but you do want to know where i first became aware of the case? really? that not only further undermines your previous claim that you want to not waste time on this, but face it, you are trying to smear me with racism again are you not?

3. your desire to put the onus of unfair accusations of racism on those unfairly accused ignores the documented reality of this situation. there is nothing racist about pointing out that the rape ring is comprised of pakistanis. BUT those that made an issue of it were told to stop. one was sent for sensitivity training.

4. bull. you did not ask me a question. you launched a thinly veiled personal attack, and i responded appropriately by calling you an asshole. i am aware of your feeble rationalizations for your asshole behavior. i will judge you and treat you according to the reality of your asshole behavior.

5. the gratuitous accusations of racism, like the one you launched at me, and the damage we see these accusations cause people in the real world create the atmosphere of fear that led to the failures of government in birmingham.

Suppose you answer the question I have asked and you tell me that you are a white supremacist. What do you fear that I will do with that information? Do you think I have set some kind of trap for you?
agree. Why won't he man up & answer?

some officials reportedly claimed to have feared subjective repercussions... they feared so much to be called a name over saving kids from rape is a LAME excuse and a poor example for this thread topic to boot. MANY people knew what was happening and most likely the failed officials feared the perpetrators or they were complicit and using fear of name calling as a lame excuse. so i disagree with LL.

on what grounds do you doubt their fears?

on what grounds do you doubt those that received clear instructions from their supervisors to not talk that way?

in another report, i saw that one of those that spoke up was sent to sensitivity training. would you like me to find that or won't it affect your opinion no matter what?

Now what?

now what?

Please.....

Think about it.

agree. Why won't he man up & answer?

why to you pretend that i have not repeatedly explained my reason?

you are lying.

you are an asshole.

you are engaging in political correctness.

on what grounds do you doubt those that received clear instructions from their supervisors to not talk that way?

in another report, i saw that one of those that spoke up was sent to sensitivity training. would you like me to find that or won't it affect your opinion no matter what?

you imagine this SENSITIVITY TRAINING will teach officers that being hypersensitive to the possibility of name calling should not keep them from capturing rapists...? :lol:

sensitivity training means they'll learn how to be MORE PC and less cowardly on the job.

"the police knew about the level of child sexual exploitation in the town, but didn't do anything about it."

you see what you want to see out of the story and blame PC, i will never see this story that way, no matter what..

"1,400 children were sexually exploited over 16 years"

you imagine this SENSITIVITY TRAINING will teach officers that being hypersensitive to the possibility of name calling should not keep them from capturing rapists...? :lol:

sensitivity training means they'll learn how to be MORE PC and less cowardly on the job.

"the police knew about the level of child sexual exploitation in the town, but didn't do anything about it."

you see what you want to see out of the story and blame PC, i will never see this story that way, no matter what..

"1,400 children were sexually exploited over 16 years"

i'm sorry, that was unclear to me.

i asked on what grounds you doubt the expressed fears of those who were afraid to discuss the racial aspect of the rape ring.

Not having read the actual report, as far as I can see not labeling the perps "asian" was simply an attempt to not label asians rapists. In other words, they didn't do it because they were "asian." I don't see where it impacted the actual happenings.

Not having read the actual report, as far as I can see not labeling the perps "asian" was simply an attempt to not label asians rapists. In other words, they didn't do it because they were "asian." I don't see where it impacted the actual happenings.

and that is the problem.

simply "labeling" rapist as asians is not labeling asians as rapists.

but the fear that is would be seen that way, and that caused the failure.

if the word could go out that there was an asian rape ring operating, isolated incidents and observations could be connected and the ring could have been identified and addressed years earlier.

fear of false accusations of racism prevented discussion of a real issue.

this is political correctness.

if the word could go out that there was an asian rape ring operating, isolated incidents and observations could be connected and the ring could have been identified and addressed years earlier.
I'd like to see where it says that in the report.

I'd like to see where it says that in the report.

mmm, fair point.

i am kind of assuming that the scale of the ring was not known and that the reason was the reluctance to talk about "asian" crime.

but perhaps they knew and still could not bring themselves to go after "Asian" crime.

still political correctness, but actually even more horrible than i was able to bring myself to believe.

you'd have to look into the story much further in order to come to the conclusion that correll has...

i don't think anyone could ever convince me that 1,400 children were sexually exploited over 16 years cuz cuz PC.

imo that is a false conclusion as well as a convenient excuse for something way more sinister going on there.

the level of fear mentioned in the article, expressed by those who failed to do their job, sounds more like people were being intimidated to hush, and NOT because of some systematic requirement to be PC...

Forum List

Back