Can someone tell me when it was that Gays had different drinking fountains?...

How could gays have had equal rights if they didn't have marriage rights, or the right to serve in the military, or the right to non-discrimination in hiring, or service in a business?

None of those things are rights.

If marriage isn't a right, why did the Supreme Court force the states to recognize interracial marriages?

If marriage was not a protected right under the Constitution, then the States would have retained their right to ban interracial marriage.

Did the Court wrongly decide that?
Why can't siblings marry? After all, it's a right, isn't it?

If marriage isn't a right, why did the Supreme Court force the states to recognize interracial marriages?

If marriage was not a protected right under the Constitution, then the States would have retained their right to ban interracial marriage.

You have to be licensed. Rights don't come with a license.

So, if the govt license something, it automatically becomes not a right? You need to get a birth certificate, does that mean there is no right to life?
Technically speaking, legal abortion removes the right to life, just saying.

I am not a left winger, have been voting Republican since 1971 long before you were sucking on yo mama's tit.
Marriage is none of anyone's business so who cares if gay folk get married?
It is none of your business.
The religious right wing are the ones that keep bringing it up.
You have it backwards, imagine that.

It's the homosexuals and mili-dems that keep insisting that the government get involved in homosexual marriage, because they like big nanny government. Well, they got what they asked for, now they get to spend time in court for divorce.

Have fun dealing with your government bureaucracy that you begged for, dipshits.
Lesbian couple who got hitched shortly after gay marriage became legal in New York State set to become one of first gay divorces - NY Daily News
:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

You think it's the Left that is "Big Government" on this issue and you are not alone on your STUPIDITY!

Big Government made LAWS to prevent Gay Marriage.

Gay Marriage wasn't somehow "against the law" to begin with. It use to be a freedom. Learn more, talk less.

Personally, I really don't give a damn if homosexuals want to marry each other, it's none of my fucking business. My argument is that it is not the governments business either, but the homosexuals are screaming for the government to get involved in their personal affairs and the liberals are lining up behind them. Smart people like me are screaming for the government to get the hell out of our personal lives and that includes marriage of all types.

How could gays have had equal rights if they didn't have marriage rights, or the right to serve in the military, or the right to non-discrimination in hiring, or service in a business?

It forced states to recognize interracial marriages for the same reason it forced them to abolish white's only drinking fountains. There's no right to a drinking fountain, but if government provides them the Constitution requires it to do so without discriminating.

SCOTUS has affirmed time and again Marriage is a Fundamental Right.

It's the homosexuals and mili-dems that keep insisting that the government get involved in homosexual marriage, because they like big nanny government. Well, they got what they asked for, now they get to spend time in court for divorce.

Have fun dealing with your government bureaucracy that you begged for, dipshits.
Lesbian couple who got hitched shortly after gay marriage became legal in New York State set to become one of first gay divorces - NY Daily News
:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

You think it's the Left that is "Big Government" on this issue and you are not alone on your STUPIDITY!

Gay Marriage wasn't somehow "against the law" to begin with. It use to be a freedom. Learn more, talk less.

Personally, I really don't give a damn if homosexuals want to marry each other, it's none of my fucking business. My argument is that it is not the governments business either, but the homosexuals are screaming for the government to get involved in their personal affairs and the liberals are lining up behind them. Smart people like me are screaming for the government to get the hell out of our personal lives and that includes marriage of all types.

So you stood up and fought it when government issued you a marriage license.

And no person is denied it... Some Choose to Defy it.

Man and Women is "Fundamental to our very Existence and Survival."

:)

peace...

Last edited:
No, the government can't. Try again

You can have restrictions to rights. Can't scream fire in a crowded theater. But rights are rights.

What do you mean "they can't". The govt CAN do things that are unconstitutional. They've done plenty of them. You know, like how the Supreme Court overturns things that the govt did previously, they even overturned their own decisions.

So, they can, doesn't mean it's constitutional. That's different. However take things like Dred Scott, it was there, it existed, in theory it was unconstitutional but was the law of the land for ages.

Rights are rights and right can be infringed, the govt can even tell itself its infringement isn't an infringement.

They can even say there isn't a right to marriage, or one part can say there is and another can say there isn't.

Go figure.

Like the reasoning that male/female are the same as same sex. Silly notions often fail under scrutiny.

No it hasn't.

Why would he if he qualified?

I suppose I could stand up and protest that Stevie Nicks refused to marry me even though you say I have the right to marry anyone I want. Would she have denied my civil rights by refusing too?

You realize that "loving" established that any male can marry any female. You also realize that the federal government sent troops into the Utah territories to establish that Marriage would only between one male and one women.

Any idea why the law doesn't give license to Martians to marry? It's because it's a silly concept. Just as inclusion of same sex couple into this State sponsored contract

Last edited:

I suppose I could stand up and protest that Stevie Nicks refused to marry me even though you say I have the right to marry anyone I want. Would she have denied my civil rights by refusing too?

You realize that "loving" established that any male can marry any female. You also realize that the federal government sent troops into the Utah territories to establish that Marriage would only between one male and one women.

Any idea why the law doesn't give license to Martians to marry? It's because it's a silly concept. Just as inclusion of same sex couple into this State sponsored contract

[MENTION=43245]Pop23[/MENTION], Pop, Pop, Pop You're making too much sense and getting too all fired serious. YOu need a drink on me.

st_patrick_murphys_glass.jpg

Last edited:
If outlawing alcohol didn't stop people from drinking, and marijuana prohibition completely failed to stop people from getting high, and outlawing abortions doesn't stop abortions, and outlawing guns doesn't stop murder, and the war on terrorism is still failing to stop terrorism, then what do Christians hope to accomplish by outlawing gay marriage? Will it somehow stop gay people from falling in love?

What is the purpose of your opposition to gay marriage? Will you sleep better at night knowing that gay couples can't file joint taxes?

So, if the govt license something, it automatically becomes not a right? You need to get a birth certificate, does that mean there is no right to life?
Technically speaking, legal abortion removes the right to life, just saying.

Does it remove the right to life, or does it say the right to life can be infringed upon?

Big difference and the theory of rights would probably go for the latter!

But the issue is that who you marry isn't the govt's affair, however the govt does get involved and say that straight people need a license and gay people can't.

That's why gay people are screaming, it's not fair what the govt does.

So, if the govt took away any tax incentive to marry, and any laws that include marriage, then it wouldn't matter much anyway.

And, most likely, they'll be doing it again.

I guess gays have always had it okay in America, eh? Equal treatment, no discrimination or laws prohibiting their sexual orientation. Is that what you morons are trying to say?

Actually what I believe he is getting at is, there haven't been any stories of people being raped, beaten, falsely accused, hanged, dragged, pulled over by officers of the law and questioned or targeted, tortured, shackled and sold, living in well below human standard conditions, etc..... all because of their sexual orientation. There is no real comparison to conditions that blacks were forced to endure as being lawfully accepted and condoned as well as spat upon .... with gays who are ridiculed, judged, and denied service simply because they desire to display their affections openly.

Last edited:
I guess gays have always had it okay in America, eh? Equal treatment, no discrimination or laws prohibiting their sexual orientation. Is that what you morons are trying to say?

Actually what I believe he is getting at is, there haven't been any stories of people being raped, beaten, falsely accused, hanged, dragged, pulled over by officers of the law and questioned or targeted, tortured, shackled and sold, living in well below human standard conditions, etc..... all because of their sexual orientation. There is no real comparison to conditions that blacks were forced to endure as being lawfully accepted and condoned as well as spat upon .... with gays who are ridiculed, judged, and denied service simply because they desire to display their affections openly.

You don't think any of those things have happened to gays? Matthew Shepard ring any bells? He was tortured and left to die on a fence. Why do you think Stonewall happened? Because gays were getting fucking tired of being harassed by police. The only reason MORE of that didn't happen is because we could hide when we needed to.

So gays have not been falsely accused, spat on, beaten, dragged and lived below the human standard in this country?
I have seen gays having to endure all of those many times in my life, mostly in the 60s and 70s.
But since African Americans have not been baked in ovens like the Jews have then under that logic African Americans have never had a claim for equal rights in this country.
You must be very young.
Reagan opposed a referendum as Governor that would have fired thousands of homosexual public school teachers.

No, Pop, that is not why troops were sent to Utah.
Give it up.

So gays have not been falsely accused, spat on, beaten, dragged and lived below the human standard in this country?
I have seen gays having to endure all of those many times in my life, mostly in the 60s and 70s.
But since African Americans have not been baked in ovens like the Jews have then under that logic African Americans have never had a claim for equal rights in this country.
You must be very young.
Reagan opposed a referendum as Governor that would have fired thousands of homosexual public school teachers.

Hitler baked him some gays too...

Homosexuals & the Holocaust:

Forum List

Back