Can someone tell me when it was that Gays had different drinking fountains?...

Just like open service in the military where the kooks claimed gays would "harm unit cohesion", which was a pack of lies, gay marriage will have no effect on anyone else's marriage and all claims that it will are also a pack of lies.
Gay marriage, such a non issue and important only to old mother hen busy bodies that have nothing other to do than to find someone to place beneath them because their own self esteem is so low.

Actually what I believe he is getting at is, there haven't been any stories of people being raped, beaten, falsely accused, hanged, dragged, pulled over by officers of the law and questioned or targeted, tortured, shackled and sold, living in well below human standard conditions, etc..... all because of their sexual orientation. There is no real comparison to conditions that blacks were forced to endure as being lawfully accepted and condoned as well as spat upon .... with gays who are ridiculed, judged, and denied service simply because they desire to display their affections openly.

So gays have not been falsely accused, spat on, beaten, dragged and lived below the human standard in this country?
I have seen gays having to endure all of those many times in my life, mostly in the 60s and 70s.
But since African Americans have not been baked in ovens like the Jews have then under that logic African Americans have never had a claim for equal rights in this country.
You must be very young.
Reagan opposed a referendum as Governor that would have fired thousands of homosexual public school teachers.

Hitler baked him some gays too...

Homosexuals & the Holocaust:

Every one he could find including many that helped him seize power.

I guess gays have always had it okay in America, eh? Equal treatment, no discrimination or laws prohibiting their sexual orientation. Is that what you morons are trying to say?

Actually what I believe he is getting at is, there haven't been any stories of people being raped, beaten, falsely accused, hanged, dragged, pulled over by officers of the law and questioned or targeted, tortured, shackled and sold, living in well below human standard conditions, etc..... all because of their sexual orientation. There is no real comparison to conditions that blacks were forced to endure as being lawfully accepted and condoned as well as spat upon .... with gays who are ridiculed, judged, and denied service simply because they desire to display their affections openly.

You don't think any of those things have happened to gays? Matthew Shepard ring any bells? He was tortured and left to die on a fence. Why do you think Stonewall happened? Because gays were getting fucking tired of being harassed by police. The only reason MORE of that didn't happen is because we could hide when we needed to.

No gays were not shackled, sold, raped, whipped into submission, or had a community of whites track them down and drag them from the home or vehicle to be hanged .... sorry. Why don't you take some time to watch 12 years a slave and educate yourself with our nation's dark history, then find me an article where gays had to endure the same.

I guess gays have always had it okay in America, eh? Equal treatment, no discrimination or laws prohibiting their sexual orientation. Is that what you morons are trying to say?

But even gay people who don't display their affection openly are treated badly. And no, they're not in the position of black people under slavery, but segregation was "equal but separate" and it wasn't equal, and the Supreme Court said separate can't be equal. So......

It doesn't matter if what black people went through was WORSE, it's still bad to treat people unequally, especially based on dumb prejudice.

You don't think any of those things have happened to gays? Matthew Shepard ring any bells? He was tortured and left to die on a fence. Why do you think Stonewall happened? Because gays were getting fucking tired of being harassed by police. The only reason MORE of that didn't happen is because we could hide when we needed to.

No gays were not shackled, sold, raped, whipped into submission, or had a community of whites track them down and drag them from the home or vehicle to be hanged .... sorry. Why don't you take some time to watch 12 years a slave and educate yourself with our nation's dark history, then find me an article where gays had to endure the same.

Civil rights isn't a game of "who gets beaten the most".

You haven't either so under your own logic you should not receive the same equal rights as those that have.

So now we have if gay people stay in the closet and do not show any affection publicly we will allow them to marry.
All other faggots do not apply.
Got it.

If outlawing alcohol didn't stop people from drinking, and marijuana prohibition completely failed to stop people from getting high, and outlawing abortions doesn't stop abortions, and outlawing guns doesn't stop murder, and the war on terrorism is still failing to stop terrorism, then what do Christians hope to accomplish by outlawing gay marriage? Will it somehow stop gay people from falling in love?

What is the purpose of your opposition to gay marriage? Will you sleep better at night knowing that gay couples can't file joint taxes?

Bad reasoning.

You outlaw things that are wrong, and whether people obey or not does not change the rightness of the law.

So now we have if gay people stay in the closet and do not show any affection publicly we will allow them to marry.
Got it.

What goes on at Gay Pride Parades is way more than "affection"... Stop be Dishonest.

:)

peace...

If outlawing alcohol didn't stop people from drinking, and marijuana prohibition completely failed to stop people from getting high, and outlawing abortions doesn't stop abortions, and outlawing guns doesn't stop murder, and the war on terrorism is still failing to stop terrorism, then what do Christians hope to accomplish by outlawing gay marriage? Will it somehow stop gay people from falling in love?

What is the purpose of your opposition to gay marriage? Will you sleep better at night knowing that gay couples can't file joint taxes?

Bad reasoning.

You outlaw things that are wrong, and whether people obey or not does not change the rightness of the law.

What's "wrong" about my filing joint taxes?

Got it.

What goes on at Gay Pride Parades is way more than "affection"... Stop be Dishonest.

peace...

Really? You attend a lot of Pride parades do you, Mal? I have. Taken my kids to a few of them. Never once did we see anything we would not have seen on a St Petersburg beach. While I agree that some people should simply not wear thongs...what do you expect from Europeans?

Bad reasoning.

Nothing, its gay marriage that is wrong. D'uh.

Got it.

peace...

Really? You attend a lot of Pride parades do you, Mal? I have. Taken my kids to a few of them. Never once did we see anything we would not have seen on a St Petersburg beach. While I agree that some people should simply not wear thongs...what do you expect from Europeans?

You are Lying... But you spent most of your Life Lying so it comes easy to you. :thup:

You wear matching Kilts to the Beach, don't you?... :dunno:

peace...

Bad reasoning.

Oh...whew...good thing there is no such thing as "gay marriage", there is only marriage. Just like there is no "gay driver's license" or "gay tax form".

While your religion might find that unions between people of the same sex are "wrong", the government has to actually prove the "wrongness". In other words, you must have a compelling state reason to deny marriage equality to gay and lesbian couples. Your religion has no such restrictions.

Bad reasoning.

I've advocated for Civil Unions for over 2 Decades...

The big Mistake was those on the Right who were Successful in stopping them.

They all but ushered in Gay Marriage by doing that.

peace...

peace...

You are Lying... But you spent most of your Life Lying so it comes easy to you. :thup:

peace...

Sorry Mal...Dishonesty is your signature trait...but I understand your need to project.

We took the kids to a parade and picnic in Virginia when they were little and then we've attended two in SF since 2003. We even marched in it one year with a gay parenting group. Kids had a blast! (Of course, they were riding in a wagon a waving to the crowd...we had to pull them. Not so fun) :D

Oh...whew...good thing there is no such thing as "gay marriage", there is only marriage. Just like there is no "gay driver's license" or "gay tax form".

While your religion might find that unions between people of the same sex are "wrong", the government has to actually prove the "wrongness". In other words, you must have a compelling state reason to deny marriage equality to gay and lesbian couples. Your religion has no such restrictions.

It isn't always about "wrong", Seabiscuit... It's about what's not Equal.

You as an Individual are Equal to other Individuals.

Man/Woman is NOT Equal to Man/Man or Woman/Woman... This is a Natural Fact and it is "Fundamental to our very Existence and Survival." as the Court put it.

There is NOTHING about Same Sex Coupling that is that thing. :thup:

You are Equipped and Designed by Nature to Couple with the Opposite Sex. Your Choice to Defy that should not be Society's Burden.

peace...

I love the idea of Civil Unions...for everyone. It would satisfy the thumpers and we gays don't give a shit what you call it. It's just the straights that think they should have "special rights" that want the gays to have civil unions while they get civil marriage.

(Oh look, back to the separate fountains analogy)

peace...

Sorry Mal...Dishonesty is your signature trait...but I understand your need to project.

We took the kids to a parade and picnic in Virginia when they were little and then we've attended two in SF since 2003. We even marched in it one year with a gay parenting group. Kids had a blast! (Of course, they were riding in a wagon a waving to the crowd...we had to pull them. Not so fun) :D

San Francisco's has had a Bondage Area since 2003, correct?... Every year on Facebook my Gay and Pro-Gay Friends post pics from Denver's and every year it's assless chaps and simulated sex and all sorts of Filth... Broad daylight... Public Streets... Residential all over downtown. My Liberal Friends who aren't Gay think it's cute to "in your face" people about it... They also think they are part of some "Civil Rights" Movement like the 60's and that to them is doing their part since they don't Donate to Charitable Causes or go to Church.

Human Deviancy is their Church. :thup:

peace...

Forum List

Back