Can We Please Get Rid of the Pledge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say anything about state, so I sure do not know where that is coming from. I am talking the country as a whole.

Do you believe the pledge of allegiance is directed towards the US state, or the American country?

I see very clearly. And absolutely I am patriotic.

Do you support the course of action taken by the state currently?

If so, then pledging allegiance to that state is unpatriotic.

Patriotism is love for country. Not for state.
The Pledge is not for the state..it is to the Republic what is founded on the Constitution.

No shit. The republic is the state.

Do you know the technical or philosophical definition of the state?

The pledge is to the Constitution.

The binding document of the state.

I didn't say anything about state, so I sure do not know where that is coming from. I am talking the country as a whole.

Do you believe the pledge of allegiance is directed towards the US state, or the American country?

The United States = this country.

Are you a Libertarian by any chance? I just saw some of your posts..

I am an anarchist.

That outdated term "intelligentsia" you are using refers to the British scholarly elite.
Not necessarily...in communist propaganda it was a well know term. Actually Communists used the Intelligentsia for their purposes.... then they killed them... useful idiots they were and became threat to communism when they realized what it was about...hahaha.. it is the same with these idiots here at home...

False.

The United States is the ruling political community and its established borders. '

The American country and the American people existed before the foundation of the United States of America.

In other words, the United States represents this hill and this wall

Capitol-for-Forum-Page.jpg

border.jpg

Semantics. Drop it.

It's childish. The government of American represents America. It's not just when you approve of those in power.
The federal government and the country are not one in the same, in fact they could not be further apart. Dumbass
The federal government is what makes us the United States of America. Otherwise you are nothing but unaligned states. The Union, that thing we saved from people like you, is still united because of the war your kind lost. The land is nothing more than dirt and people without the Republic and the republic is the United States, not the do whatever the fuck you like States. This country is here because of this nation founded by the unifying document we call the Constitution which established a liberal secular constitutional democratic republic of aligned states with a allegiance to what we call the Federal Government.

You don't like? Leave.

False.

The United States is the ruling political community and its established borders. '

The American country and the American people existed before the foundation of the United States of America.

border.jpg

Sorry, but I disagree. (so what). To me The United States = this country. All the same to me.

Not necessarily...in communist propaganda it was a well know term. Actually Communists used the Intelligentsia for their purposes.... then they killed them... useful idiots they were and became threat to communism when they realized what it was about...hahaha.. it is the same with these idiots here at home...

Most totalitarian governments end up committing democide against intellectuals. The nazis for example.

You already have the US government assassinating whistleblowers.

Semantics. Drop it.

It's childish. The government of American represents America. It's not just when you approve of those in power.
The federal government and the country are not one in the same, in fact they could not be further apart. Dumbass
The federal government is what makes us the United States of America. Otherwise you are nothing but unaligned states. The Union, that thing we saved from people like you, is still united because of the war your kind lost. The land is nothing more than dirt and people without the Republic and the republic is the United States, not the do whatever the fuck you like States. This country is here because of this nation founded by the unifying document we call the Constitution which established a liberal secular constitutional democratic republic of aligned states with a allegiance to what we call the Federal Government.

You don't like? Leave.
There is not enough disagreement in this country needs to be a lot more

The federal government only represents a tiny bit of the population, that's the reason why they take… LOL

Sorry, but I disagree. (so what). To me The United States = this country. All the same to me.

There is no room for disagreement. You are illegitimately applicating words.

If you believe the USA is the same as America, then you understand little about both. Either that, or you are living in blissful ignorance.

The federal government has zero moral high ground, they are the very definition of corruption

No shit. The republic is the state.
Yes, the Republic is the state bound by the Constitution. The Constitution restricts the state/government. The best system in the history of mankind.
Yes, the state is a political structure and so forth entrusted with certain powers and shit.
What is you idea of existence?

I'll stand with my hand over my heart, out of respect for those that take it seriously, but I don't utter a word. It is a crock. I do not owe allegiance to a flag. I owe allegiance to the Constitution. The National Anthem is even worse. it is almost impossible to sing, and frankly, is a lousy song, anyway. I wish to hell that they would change it to "America the Beautiful".

I have to agree. Our anthem is sucky. So many better songs...I'd nominate This Land is Your Land...

I mean look at the French Anthem - it's stirring!

I don't know, Coyote...it's not the song itself...it's what it stands for! The first time I played hockey in Canada as part of a US travel squad and they lined you up on the blue lines and played the national anthems of both the US and Canada was one of the most exciting moments of my young life. Literally sent chills up and down my spine.

I see what you mean...but I do wish we had chosen a different song...music is inspirational and spiratual...I listen to the old Civil War song "Mine Eyes Have Seen the Glory" and I feel it, our anthem - though I'll always stand, does not give me the same chill :)

I wish we had an easier anthem to sing! A lifetime of listening to people butcher our national anthem tends to put you off it but like I said...when you're representing your country...especially abroad and they play that song it makes you want to do something special. At least for me...

Isn't our anthem tune after a British drinking song?

False.

border.jpg
The United States, dumbfuck, represents 50 aligned states under a unifying republican charter known as the Constitution which has has turned 50 it one for key functions. There is no America without the Constitution being in force. There is North America, South America, and Central America but no United States of America without it and that is the nation. Once it goes so does the nation and the Americans. At that point you might have North Americans, South Americans, Central Americans but there will be no Americans. They exist only so long as their foundational document does, the US Constitution.

The federal government is what makes us the United States of America. Otherwise you are nothing but unaligned states. The Union, that thing we saved from people like you, is still united because of the war your kind lost.

That's too bad.

The United States should not of been saved. Its abusive politics screw people over every day of every year.

The land is nothing more than dirt and people without the Republic and the republic is the United States, not the do whatever the fuck you like States.

Which should not exist.

This country is here because of this nation founded by the unifying document we call the Constitution which established a liberal secular constitutional democratic republic of aligned states with a allegiance to what we call the Federal Government.

False.

The country and the nation exist whether or not the constitution does. It certainly existed before the Articles of Confederation.

You don't like? Leave.

That is one option.

He could also stand with his homeland.

The American flag is co-opted by every damned institution in the country, from being used as a sales tool, to defining the definition of patriotism by the religious Right, to glorifying American dead, regardless of the justification of what they fought for.

During the Vietnam era, the American flag stood for international aggression and imperialism. It stood for Richard Nixon and Spiro Agnew. It was no longer my flag.

I'll stand with my hand over my heart, out of respect for those that take it seriously, but I don't utter a word. It is a crock. I do not owe allegiance to a flag. I owe allegiance to the Constitution. The National Anthem is even worse. it is almost impossible to sing, and frankly, is a lousy song, anyway. I wish to hell that they would change it to "America the Beautiful".

I have to agree. Our anthem is sucky. So many better songs...I'd nominate This Land is Your Land...

I mean look at the French Anthem - it's stirring!

I don't know, Coyote...it's not the song itself...it's what it stands for! The first time I played hockey in Canada as part of a US travel squad and they lined you up on the blue lines and played the national anthems of both the US and Canada was one of the most exciting moments of my young life. Literally sent chills up and down my spine.

I see what you mean...but I do wish we had chosen a different song...music is inspirational and spiratual...I listen to the old Civil War song "Mine Eyes Have Seen the Glory" and I feel it, our anthem - though I'll always stand, does not give me the same chill :)

I wish we had an easier anthem to sing! A lifetime of listening to people butcher our national anthem tends to put you off it but like I said...when you're representing your country...especially abroad and they play that song it makes you want to do something special. At least for me...

Isn't our anthem tune after a British drinking song?
Yes. The Star-Spangled Banner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is no room for disagreement. You are illegitimately applicating words.

If you believe the USA is the same as America, then you understand little about both. Either that, or you are living in blissful ignorance.

No room for disagreement as long as one says you are right it seems. USA stands for United States of AMERICA. LOL

False.

border.jpg
Hahaha.. you are a Mexican Academia promoting illegal immigration to the U.S. to lift the burden of your own state to take care of the indigent...fuck! You fooled me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back