Can you be a truly good Christian, yet be against universal healthcare?

Reread the thread and get back to me. Neither of the two of you are making sense. Perhaps the question needs to be rephrased.

Big surprise. Ravi the puss is running scared from a valid point yet again.

You just got pwned by jreeves and he wasn't even trying. :rofl: :rofl:

Big surprise. Ravi the puss is running scared from a valid point yet again.

You just got pwned by jreeves and he wasn't even trying. :rofl: :rofl:

Not quite. You just got pwned by me because you're incapable of reading for comprehension. I didn't say that taxation was based on the golden rule, I said it didn't violate the golden rule.

Funny, now you and jreeves are convinced taxation is based on the golden rule.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Not quite. You just got pwned by me because you're incapable of reading for comprehension. I didn't say that taxation was based on the golden rule, I said it didn't violate the golden rule.

Funny, now you and jreeves are convinced taxation is based on the golden rule.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I never stated taxation was based on the golden rule. As a matter of fact I argue that it shouldn't be, hence the separation of church and state argument.

I never stated taxation was based on the golden rule. As a matter of fact I argue that it shouldn't be, hence the separation of church and state argument.

Good, I thought you had more sense than that. It isn't based on the bible either.

not to barge in uninvited or anything but...

is it necessarily true that we breech a separation of church and state by criminalizing murder while the same is also one of the ten commandments? If Moses gave us the Golden Rule should we disregard is because it has roots in dogma even though it fits into our accepted social standard schema?

Then you also realize that the golden rule doesn't pertain to universal healthcare coverage either?

Never said it did. I was really just laughing at Mani digging yet another hole for himself.

For the record, I don't know what the answer is to the health care dilemma.

is it necessarily true that we breech a separation of church and state by criminalizing murder while the same is also one of the ten commandments? If Moses gave us the Golden Rule should we disregard is because it has roots in dogma even though it fits into our accepted social standard schema?
`

You get it. I think you're going to have to give your crown to Mani.

Never said it did. I was really just laughing at Mani digging yet another hole for himself.

I do.

I think if Jesus was across the board political, and anti-death penalty, he might have said something about it while he was actually on the cross, or shortly before.

He said nothing about it. He said very little about politics, period, except to admonish us to be good citizens. In the US, that means voting and obeying the law, paying taxes, etc.

I don't believe he expected us to vote a particular way as "good Christians".

You do get it, religion is contradictory in nature, not something some on the left can use to wedge against the right. I believe we should look at facts, medicare and the inefficiency of the government.

You're the one deep in a hole dillhole. If I recall, you were the one arguing that forcing others to make choices as you lay them out doesn't violate the golden rule :eusa_whistle:

psst: It does. :cool:

You're the one deep in a hole dillhole. If I recall, you were the one arguing that forcing others to make choices as you lay them out doesn't violate the golden rule :eusa_whistle:

psst: It does. :cool:

Nope. You don't really understand the golden rule. There's no forcing anyone to do anything. It's simply your personal moral code that gets violated. Or not.

So..how is it not violating the golden rule to force others to do anything they don't want to?

Nope. You don't really understand the golden rule. There's no forcing anyone to do anything. It's simply your personal moral code that gets violated. Or not.

Reread your own posts shit-for-brains. You gave three choices for people with respect to taxation in defense of your position that taxation, "technically" follows the golden rule. Some really stupid shit about how nobody is forced to do anything...except of course choose between the three options you laid out. Boy you're a thick headed retard sometimes.

And if you force people to do things they don't want to....how is that not violating the GR? Do you like being forced to do things you don't want to do? Does anyone?

Forum List

Back