Can you be a truly good Christian, yet be against universal healthcare?

I've noticed that crap from her before, and I was suspecting a pattern, though I did not know it was deliberate. Thanks for confirming it.

She claims to be a law student. Do you believe her?

Umm...for one I am a male, secondly I didn't bring up my personal life until you tried to claim intellectual superiority due to your extensive legal background(yawn). I didn't flaunt it, I just used it to show you, you are full of yourself with little mental backing. Then when I asked you to show case law in the FEC thread you question my legal background.... :cuckoo: Your quite predictable really...

What I've noticed is that when she doesn't make herself clear or her answer is shown to be wrong that she goes through this song and dance where she claims she's answered and by three or four posts after, when I still haven't gotten anything approximating an answer to the question, I get bored and move on.

Kinda like Doggers little game in almost every thread. He makes a claim and then when forced to defend it makes some dumb comment to deflect and spends the next 2 pages deflecting and then outright refuses to defend his claim.

What I've noticed is that when she doesn't make herself clear or her answer is shown to be wrong that she goes through this song and dance where she claims she's answered and by three or four posts after, when I still haven't gotten anything approximating an answer to the question, I get bored and move on.

I thought he was a guy. For a wingnut, I don't find him that bad.

Kinda like Doggers little game in almost every thread. He makes a claim and then when forced to defend it makes some dumb comment to deflect and spends the next 2 pages deflecting and then outright refuses to defend his claim.

Liar. That's your M.O.

Sure thing, that would be why I have provided links to my stuff and you can not even answer from your own brain. Run away poser boy, run away.

I'm not willing to waste time on someone who lacks the intellect to understand me, RGS. Try and bait me, I just don't care.

I've noticed that crap from her before, and I was suspecting a pattern, though I did not know it was deliberate. Thanks for confirming it.

She claims to be a law student. Do you believe her?

I think it happens too consistently for it not to be deliberate.

I think she/he/it shows no aptitude for inductive and/or deductive reasoning. But I won't opine. If he/she/it says he/she/it attends Maryland Law School, I'll take it at face value.

Whatever happened to the golden rule I wonder.

Still in effect as far as I'm concerned.

Although I'm not sure it means the same thing to me that it does to you if you're suggesting that to oppose universal healthcare is to violate the golden rule.

Still in effect as far as I'm concerned.

Although I'm not sure it means the same thing to me that it does to you if you're suggesting that to oppose universal healthcare is to violate the golden rule.

And being cared for would be part of that golden rule, don't you think.

Neither Manifold nor Jreeves in their replies face the fundamental position posed by the golden rule, they both bring up extraneous assumptions.

So then I guess we do have an answer, if one is a true Christian, and believes in the golden rule and would like healthcare, as I'm sure everyone would, then Yes, to be a genuine Christian you would have to support universal healthcare. Not to would be hypocritical.

From Matthew, Chapter 25:

35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’​
If you want to read that in a hyper-technical manner, Christians who visit the sick, but let them die for lack of treatment are off the hook. But the last sentence means that any mistreatment of the poor including letting them die is the same as doing it to Christ.

Neither Manifold nor Jreeves in their replies face the fundamental position posed by the golden rule, they both bring up extraneous assumptions.

So then I guess we do have an answer, if one is a true Christian, and believes in the golden rule and would like healthcare, as I'm sure everyone would, then Yes, to be a genuine Christian you would have to support universal healthcare. Not to would be hypocritical.

Bald faced ignorance. Universal health care is neither Universal nor the best health care. It is proven in just about every place it exists that it imposes LONG waits for routine care and rations care, denying care to many simply because it can NOT provide "universal" health care. It is cost prohibitive and drives DOWN the level of medical attention and care.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you does not include forcing people to work to pay for everyones lessened health care. It has NOTHING to do with Government and taxes at all. Personally I do not expect YOU to pay for my son's health care so why should I pay for yours?

From Matthew, Chapter 25:

35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’​
If you want to read that in a hyper-technical manner, Christians who visit the sick, but let them die for lack of treatment are off the hook. But the last sentence means that any mistreatment of the poor including letting them die is the same as doing it to Christ.

What it says to me is that we are all in the same boat and we do have responsibility to each other. In what matters that starts or stops is subject to debate but for things where we have little to no control I think that is where we should all chip in and disease and medical care is one of them.

Forum List

Back