Can your Church in the US Refuse to Hire a Black Person Based on Race?...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
I asked this elsewhere, but I want to Focus on it and let the Polygamy thing be it's own...

Can your Church Refuse Entry to a Black Person based on their Race?... Refuse to Hire them because they are Black?

So?... What say you?

:)

peace...

Discrimination being illegal is an atrocity. Anyone at any time for any reason would be allowed to associate with whom they choose if we truly believed in liberty.

As to the church, they should have the same right as any individual, but I also think it is high time we eliminate tax exempt status for religious institutions.

I asked this elsewhere, but I want to Focus on it and let the Polygamy thing be it's own...

Can your Church Refuse Entry to a Black Person based on their Race?... Refuse to Hire them because they are Black?

So?... What say you?

peace...

The church would probably have to show what part of its doctrine condones racism, or shows that being part of a given racial group is "sinful." The issue with homosexuality is entirely different, as all the major religions can point to doctrine showing that homosexual acts are sinful.

IF the black person is homosexual muslim, like our current president, by all means yes :lol:

So?... What say you?

peace...

The church would probably have to show what part of its doctrine condones racism, or shows that being part of a given racial group is "sinful." The issue with homosexuality is entirely different, as all the major religions can point to doctrine showing that homosexual acts are sinful.

Homosexuality is a behavior, it is not an immutable characteristic.

So?... What say you?

peace...

Homosexuality is a behavior, it is not an immutable characteristic.

I did use the term "acts." Having the desires is not sinful, acting on them is.

So?... What say you?

peace...

I disagree... A Church can NOT Refuse Entry or Employment based on Race regardless of Doctrine. :thup:

peace...

So?... What say you?

peace...

I disagree... A Church can NOT Refuse Entry or Employment based on Race regardless of Doctrine. :thup:

peace...

It should be able to, as they are allowed to not include people who are "sinful" in thier eyes, hence the ability to fire a teacher at a parochial school who has an affair, and the affair is proven.

The real issue is there is no church out there with a certifiable race based qualifier for being "sinful" or as an admission into the body of the church. The closest is Judaism, which isnt a big fan of conversion, and which is certainly allowed to say only people who practice judiasm can work in synagouges and such.

I Garundamntee you when Gay Marriage is the Law of the Land and it get's it's own Protections like the 64 Civil Rights Act, that Churches will NOT be Allowed to Deny entry or employment to Gays.

When I am Right about this, those who Deny it now will say it's the correct thing then...

Just like when I Predicted that 5th Grade Sex Ed would Eventually Include GLBT...

It now does.

Same Dishonest Fucks who Denied the Possibility then are Pushing for Parents "Rights" to Change their Child's Gender starting at 18 Months...

Some REALLY Sick Fucks in "Mainstream" Society... And it's Concerning.

peace...

I Garundamntee you when Gay Marriage is the Law of the Land and it get's it's own Protections like the 64 Civil Rights Act, that Churches will NOT be Allowed to Deny entry or employment to Gays.

When I am Right about this, those who Deny it now will say it's the correct thing then...

Just like when I Predicted that 5th Grade Sex Ed would Eventually Include GLBT...

It now does.

Same Dishonest Fucks who Denied the Possibility then are Pushing for Parents "Rights" to Change their Child's Gender starting at 18 Months...

peace...

no offense, but you're hyperventalating. It's firmly established that Churches (and any other mosque synagogue whatever) can refuse to hire anyone who doesn't subscribe to their view of scripture.

would my church deny entry or employment to a person solely based on race? NO.

but thats not the real question. the real question is should a church be allowed to do that.

I say yes, a church should be allowed to decide who is part of its congregation or its employees, for any reason. Its called religious freedom.

Would a white Christian be allowed to join a mosque or be hired as its janitor? No, of course not.

but thats not the real question. the real question is should a church be allowed to do that.

I say yes, a church should be allowed to decide who is part of its congregation or its employees, for any reason. Its called religious freedom.

Would a white Christian be allowed to join a mosque or be hired as its janitor? No, of course not.

Well a mosque may refuse to hire any non-muslim to be a janitor. They may not refuse to hire a black muslim as a janitor solely because he is black.

Well a mosque may refuse to hire any non-muslim to be a janitor. They may not refuse to hire a black muslim as a janitor solely because he is black.

and you know that how? are you a muslim? mosques in the world are not subject to US anti-discrimination laws.

and you know that how? are you a muslim? mosques in the world are not subject to US anti-discrimination laws.

Since the thread is premised on "your church" I assumed we were talking about America, and I forgot you live on planet zenon, and for that I apologize profusely.

Since the thread is premised on "your church" I assumed we were talking about America, and I forgot you live on planet zenon, and for that I apologize profusely.

"your church" could the the catholic church or the methodist chruch or the jewish synagoge, all of which exist out of the USA.

you made the claim that a mosque could not deny employment to a black muslim based on race. I simply asked how you know that.

I don't know about the planet zenon, but maybe you can send some pictures from your last visit.:lol:

"your church" could the the catholic church or the methodist chruch or the jewish synagoge, all of which exist out of the USA.

you made the claim that a mosque could not deny employment to a black muslim based on race. I simply asked how you know that.

I don't know about the planet zenon, but maybe you can send some pictures from your last visit.:lol:
Any denomination or religion in the US must comply with US law. Apparantly, you are unaware of that in whatever reality you exist in. As for the law, google it your own damn self, I already put up the link which you also appear to have missed.

You are such an o'reilly hack its funny.

So?... What say you?

peace...

Any denomination or religion in the US must comply with US law. Apparantly, you are unaware of that in whatever reality you exist in. As for the law, google it your own damn self, I already put up the link which you also appear to have missed.

In the USA discrimination based on race is illegal. No one has questioned that.

But your claim that a mosque would be forced to hire a christian is bunk. for some inane reason we do not enforce our laws on muslims.

It now does.

peace...

Destruction of the family via the agenda of disgusting fudge packers is the entire point. The last vestiges of decency rest with the church. Without the church, the commies, and switch hitters like that bath house bitch president win.

Forum List

Back