Canada's middle class Is better than ours. This is despite...

Lol I love how you link an article explaining the limitations of their middle class without comparing it to our shitty middle class
Thanks, Obama!
Yeah you really are ignorant aren't you? The middle class has been declining since the 70s. Moron.
The 70s? Try the 20s, fool.
In actuality the middle class was doing better than ever under Bush. It has stagnated since then thanks to Obama's failed policies. Even the Democrats Hillary and Bernie are running on fixing the economy.
You are so full of shit. It's amazing to me how you just make this shit up as you go along. I mean Christ. There were two recessions under Bush. The second one began 4 months before he left office and we lost 8 million jobs. These are facts.
You understand that doesn't refute what I wrote, right? The unemployment rate continued to go up for years after Obama was in office and had enacted his policies. There are still barely more people working today than the day he took office.
Um for years? No. The recession ended 6 months into his presidency and we have had non stop job growth EVER SINCE.

Yeah you really are ignorant aren't you? The middle class has been declining since the 70s. Moron.

Is that the fault of the country or the individual? We now have 95 million people (almost 1/3 of our population) of working age not working nor looking for work. Don't you think that has something to do with it?

Thanks, Obama!
In actuality the middle class was doing better than ever under Bush. It has stagnated since then thanks to Obama's failed policies. Even the Democrats Hillary and Bernie are running on fixing the economy.
You are so full of shit. It's amazing to me how you just make this shit up as you go along. I mean Christ. There were two recessions under Bush. The second one began 4 months before he left office and we lost 8 million jobs. These are facts.
You understand that doesn't refute what I wrote, right? The unemployment rate continued to go up for years after Obama was in office and had enacted his policies. There are still barely more people working today than the day he took office.
Um for years? No. The recession ended 6 months into his presidency and we have had non stop job growth EVER SINCE.
This isnt about the recession, numbnuts. It's about employment. Don't you know the difference?
It was 2014 before employment went back to the level when Obama took office.
United States Employed Persons | 1950-2016 | Data | Chart | Calendar

Is that the fault of the country or the individual? We now have 95 million people (almost 1/3 of our population) of working age not working nor looking for work. Don't you think that has something to do with it?
Yes, it's obviously Bush's fault.

How do you judge a "middle class" in a foreign country as being "better than ours"? Canada has twice the area but a 10th the population. The U.S. supports almost as many illegal immigrants as the population of Canada. I've been to Canada and an admittedly anecdotal opinion is that the alleged Canadian "middle class" is on a par with the American poverty level.

Last edited:
This isnt about the recession, numbnuts. It's about employment. Don't you know the difference?
Yeah it's really convenient timing for you that the recession began 4 months before he came to office isn't it?

Canada still has a central bank that creates credit out of thin air and taxes the masses. Canada doesn't have a military industrial complex monster to feed either....so your comparison is like apples to oranges.
Yeah they've avoided a ridiculous and overbloated defense budget haven't they?

We picked up their tab.
No we didn't.
What is a "better middle class"? What does that even mean?
I sense another spectacular Billy Fail Thread coming.
Do you not understand what an economic class is? Of course you don't. How silly of me.
OK so you have no answer. Pure, straight ignorance.
Do they have higher average incomes? Higher average household wealth? Longer life spans? Higher rates of consumption? Higher personal satisfaction?
Nothing. You've got nothing. You haven't quantified what you wrote, much less backed it up by any evidence.
You fail because you are Billy Triple Zero.
So you're just going to pretend their middle class didn't surpass ours? They have higher incomes you dumbass. Of course apparently you are too stupid to realize life spans isn't a measure of middle class.

What is a "better middle class"? What does that even mean?
I sense another spectacular Billy Fail Thread coming.
Do you not understand what an economic class is? Of course you don't. How silly of me.
OK so you have no answer. Pure, straight ignorance.
Do they have higher average incomes? Higher average household wealth? Longer life spans? Higher rates of consumption? Higher personal satisfaction?
Nothing. You've got nothing. You haven't quantified what you wrote, much less backed it up by any evidence.
You fail because you are Billy Triple Zero.
So you're just going to pretend their middle class didn't surpass ours? They have higher incomes you dumbass. Of course apparently you are too stupid to realize life spans isn't a measure of middle class.

I asked the question: What is their take home pay? By your own words, Higher income and a higher tax rate on the wealthy? What portion of the Middle Class is considered 'wealthy'? Before you shit yourself and start calling me names, take some time and think about the concept of take-home pay as a percentage of income.
Their income is higher after taxes. If you want to hammer out all the nuance to that be my guest.

Their income is higher after taxes.

If only you could prove it.

1) Canada having a higher minimum wage

2) Canada having a higher tax rate on the wealthy

3) Canada having Widespread unions

4) Canada having strong bank regulations

5) Canada having free healthcare

Canada still has a central bank that creates credit out of thin air and taxes the masses. Canada doesn't have a military industrial complex monster to feed either....so your comparison is like apples to oranges.

That's because they are under our protection.

Yeah it's really convenient timing for you that the recession began 4 months before he came to office isn't it?

The recession started in December 2007.

LOL, the Commander in Chief of Canadian military forces is Queen Elizabeth II and I'm sure she carries a big stick of her own.

LOL, the Commandeer in Chief of Canadian military forces is Queen Elizabeth II and I'm sure she carries a big stick of her own.

Perhaps one day you will wake up in a reality not of your own devise.

LOL, the Commandeer in Chief of Canadian military forces is Queen Elizabeth II and I'm sure she carries a big stick of her own.

Perhaps one day you will wake up and suddenly realize Canada doesn't need us for anything.

Pretty sure they also have less than 160 government agencies, and didn't get dumped on by terrorists.

Perhaps one day you will wake up and suddenly realize Canada doesn't need us for anything.

Perhaps you will wake up one day and realize the West has been under the protection of the United States since 1946.

Last edited:
Canada Unemployment rate as of April of this year is at 7.1% while men are slightly higher unemployed than women.

Canada unemployment rate 2016

In the same month the U.S. unemployment rate was at 5.0% in April of 2016...

So it seem there are more people out of work in Canada...

Here is the tax system versus each other:

Do Canadians Really Pay More Taxes Than Americans? | Investopedia

Canada Average Salary is around $42K yearly while the U.S. is around $50k according to one site...

Canada | 2015/16 Average Salary Survey

Average Income in the United States – Statistic Brain

So when making an argument about which system is stronger we should put numbers to the words and not write just our opinion of which one is better to us...

Also comparing Healthcare the Canadian Government has been debating for awhile doing away with the part where you can not have private plans and allowing private health insurance once again while keeping the government plan.

I do not know if they have done this yet and was in discussion a few years back.

Also you need to take into consideration the conversion rate and the fact the Canadian currency is weaker to the U.S. currency and does not have the buying power like the U.S. dollar.

The people of Canada live under the system they want and the U.S. has it own system but as I have pointed out the fact remains the U.S. is still stronger than Canada...

Perhaps you will wake up on day and realize the West has been under the protection of the United States since 1946.

Oh? I think the only place they ever successfully defended in the west and physically protected was Grenada.

6) Canada's national sport is ice hockey!

Clear the track - here comes Shack.

My team:

Last edited:
Canada Unemployment rate as of April of this year is at 7.1% while men are slightly higher unemployed than women.

Canada unemployment rate 2016

In the same month the U.S. unemployment rate was at 5.0% in April of 2016...

So it seem there are more people out of work in Canada...

Here is the tax system versus each other:

Do Canadians Really Pay More Taxes Than Americans? | Investopedia

Canada Average Salary is around $42K yearly while the U.S. is around $50k according to one site...

Canada | 2015/16 Average Salary Survey

Average Income in the United States – Statistic Brain

So when making an argument about which system is stronger we should put numbers to the words and not write just our opinion of which one is better to us...

Also comparing Healthcare the Canadian Government has been debating for awhile doing away with the part where you can not have private plans and allowing private health insurance once again while keeping the government plan.

I do not know if they have done this yet and was in discussion a few years back.

Also you need to take into consideration the conversion rate and the fact the Canadian currency is weaker to the U.S. currency and does not have the buying power like the U.S. dollar.

The people of Canada live under the system they want and the U.S. has it own system but as I have pointed out the fact remains the U.S. is still stronger than Canada...
Canada's unemployment rate is irrelevant especially given the only slight difference.

The official tax rate for the wealthy maybe higher in the US, but Canada does not at all allow the tax deductions a rich guy is entitled to in the US. What matters is the EFFECTIVE tax rate.

Also, when comparing Canadian salaries to US salaries, it is fallacious to compute the average in measuring the middle class. The extremes of poverty and wealth skew the average of salaries. Canada does not have the wealthy class the US has. That's one class America has at #1.

Admittedly I don't know the currency transfer rate between the US and Canada. Do you know it? Is the difference significant enough?

• Canada’s rich now paying lower income taxes than America’s rich
  • Taxes on rich were much higher during boom years of the past
  • ‘Scant evidence’ that wealthy will leave Canada over higher taxes
Trudeau Should Hike Income Tax On Rich To 65 Per Cent: CCPA
Actually the EFFECTIVE tax rate on the wealthy in the US is lower than the rate of the Canadians. They don't have America's wide range of deductions

Forum List

Back