Canadian Driver Sues Teenager She Killed in Automobile Accident

Nutz

Gold Member
Feb 27, 2014
Canadian Driver Sues Teenager She Killed in Automobile Accident ? Latest.com

On a dark, drizzly night, three boys set out on their bikes for late-night hot dogs that ended in an accident with an SUV that left one boy dead and another severely injured. Brandon Majewski was struck from behind and killed by Sharlene Simon, and now she’s suing him.

According to the Toronto Sun, the Majewski family lawyer is stunned. “In all of my years as a lawyer,” he told them, “I have never seen anyone sue a child that [she] killed.” He didn’t want to tell them over the phone, so he called in Brandon’s parents and step-parents to tell them in person.

The Sun says that Simon—who was not suspected of any wrongdoing nor intoxication at the scene of the accident—is suing Brandon for “emotional trauma she says she has suffered.” She is also suing the two surviving victims and their families. In fact, the claim filed in court blames the accident on the boys, calling them “incompetent bicyclists....
Snip”

Typical canadian nonsense. This lady has the audacity to sue her victim.

Canadian Driver Sues Teenager She Killed in Automobile Accident ? Latest.com

On a dark, drizzly night, three boys set out on their bikes for late-night hot dogs that ended in an accident with an SUV that left one boy dead and another severely injured. Brandon Majewski was struck from behind and killed by Sharlene Simon, and now she’s suing him.

According to the Toronto Sun, the Majewski family lawyer is stunned. “In all of my years as a lawyer,” he told them, “I have never seen anyone sue a child that [she] killed.” He didn’t want to tell them over the phone, so he called in Brandon’s parents and step-parents to tell them in person.

The Sun says that Simon—who was not suspected of any wrongdoing nor intoxication at the scene of the accident—is suing Brandon for “emotional trauma she says she has suffered.” She is also suing the two surviving victims and their families. In fact, the claim filed in court blames the accident on the boys, calling them “incompetent bicyclists....
Snip”

Typical canadian nonsense. This lady has the audacity to sue her victim.

Damage to her car? No seriously, I've seen people who hit and kill dogs sue....this sounds like a pre-emptive strike on her (her lawyer's) part.

• Banned
I can understand being pissed because an irresponsible person put you in the horrible position of dealing with their death, that you caused. But, in the end, I think death is punishment enough. Now, if the family was making threats or politicizing the issue...maybe. But this is just too much.

She is seizing something.

yup...
smileys-money-702364.gif

Well, actually that shouldn't really surprise anyone. After all, Ted Cruz is from there also! And just look at the type of things he comes up with too! For example:
CRUZ: "THE DREAM OF KEEPING POOR PEOPLE FROM SEEING A DOCTOR MUST NEVER DIE" Democratic Underground

Last edited:
They caused the accident. That is why she is suing. Would be no different if some guy hit me in their car. Just because they died I am not going to scrap my car eat the bills. I am going to sue.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back