Capitol rioter gets 5 years, longest sentence yet

Minor offenses:

iu
waiting for coyote to post a similar pic of the Capitol on Jan 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Capitol rioter who attacked police officers working to hold back the angry pro-Trump mob on Jan. 6 was sentenced Friday to more than five years behind bars, the most so far for anyone sentenced in the insurrection.

Robert Palmer, 54, of Largo, Florida, wept as he told U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan that he recently watched a video of his actions that day and could not believe what he was seeing.

“Your honor. I’m really really ashamed of what I did,” he said through tears.

Palmer made his way to the front line during the chaos and started to attack, throwing a wooden plank, spraying a fire extinguisher, then hurling it when it was done. He rooted around for other objects, prosecutors said. He was briefly pepper-sprayed by police before he attacked officers again with a pole. He pleaded guilty to attacking officers.

Palmer said in a handwritten letter to the judge that he felt betrayed by Trump and his allies who fed them conspiracy theories.

Another man goes to jail for trump.

5 years? He'll be out in 30 months as long as he doesn't screw up in prison.

Do you think the Jan 6th rioter sentences have been too short? Or just right?
Imagine being that angry over something that he now realizes is not even true.

You said nobody was charged with insurrection.

Trump was charged with incitement of insurrection.. So you can no longer make that claim.
I am talking about actual charges, not more Pelosi / Democrat / butt-hurt Semocrat BS, snowflake.

If democrats rioted in 2000 they would have been more justified.

And why not? Republicans rioted in 2000. Google Brooks Brother riot. You forgot?
But they didn't because they knew that SCOTUS had the authority to stop the counting of the votes and declare Bush II the winner of the presidential election. And they showed that they accepted the defeat even though it appears inherently unfair because some of the votes were not counted.

That's how adults behave.

But they didn't because they knew that SCOTUS had the authority to stop the counting of the votes and declare Bush II the winner of the presidential election. And they showed that they accepted the defeat even though it appears inherently unfair because some of the votes were not counted.
That's how adults behave.
If only that happened.
"Selected, not elected!!!"

like liberals and the Russia hoax!!! They know that feeling!!!
I guess I must of missed where "liberals and the Russia hoax" believers attacked a bunch of cops and attempted to prevent the votes of the currently elected President of the United States from being certified and are now convicted and being sent off to prison.

From what I've seen, there is more actual evidence of Russian foreign actors acting to influence our elections than there is proof that the 2020 election was stolen from Trump.

But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night although one day you all will have to face reality.

Try answering the question dancing boy. Seems NONE of you leftards can answer a simple question. Of course brain dead’s like g0000 and Coyote approve of running away from that too,
As soon as asperger boy comes up with a coherent question, I'll answer it, boy.

I guess I must of missed where "liberals and the Russia hoax" believers attacked a bunch of cops and attempted to prevent the votes of the currently elected President of the United States from being certified and are now convicted and being sent off to prison.

From what I've seen, there is more actual evidence of Russian foreign actors acting to influence our elections than there is proof that the 2020 election was stolen from Trump.

But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night although one day you all will have to face reality.

It's all an attempt to undermine the elections because we have a rash of poor losers. Both parties have done a lot of damage to our elections over their crap to try and excuse away that they lost.

If you were planning a huge outdoor event and NYC detectives and other law enforcement warned you 2 weeks before there might be violence. What would you do in that 2 week span?

You have only 2 answers

5 years by a Pelosi/Schumer scheme.My Lord

Wow, this is your argument, that they didn't anticipate the President would institigate a coup because he lost an election?

A Capitol rioter who attacked police officers working to hold back the angry pro-Trump mob on Jan. 6 was sentenced Friday to more than five years behind bars, the most so far for anyone sentenced in the insurrection.

Robert Palmer, 54, of Largo, Florida, wept as he told U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan that he recently watched a video of his actions that day and could not believe what he was seeing.

“Your honor. I’m really really ashamed of what I did,” he said through tears.

Palmer made his way to the front line during the chaos and started to attack, throwing a wooden plank, spraying a fire extinguisher, then hurling it when it was done. He rooted around for other objects, prosecutors said. He was briefly pepper-sprayed by police before he attacked officers again with a pole. He pleaded guilty to attacking officers.

Palmer said in a handwritten letter to the judge that he felt betrayed by Trump and his allies who fed them conspiracy theories.

Another man goes to jail for trump.

5 years? He'll be out in 30 months as long as he doesn't screw up in prison.

Do you think the Jan 6th rioter sentences have been too short? Or just right?
Another win for the good guys

Wow, this is your argument, that they didn't anticipate the President would institigate a coup because he lost an election?
How much time should this MAGA hatter get, Ray Epps. He was flown in from Arizona

God how duped you were....................BTW................The warnings were not purposely heeded for a reason you dumb ass...............Use your GD brain you waste of fucking human flesh

Now answer the fucking question. How long should this guy get???

Your problem is we aren't fucking clueless dumb asses dumb ass

Forum List

Back