Carbon Dioxide Tops 400 PPM Throughout Northern Hemisphere

Carbon Dioxide Levels Topped 400 PPM Throughout Northern Hemisphere In April, WMO Says

Reuters 05/26/2014

By Tom Miles

GENEVA, May 26 (Reuters) - Carbon dioxide levels throughout the northern hemisphere hit 400 parts per million (ppm) for the first time in human history in April, an ominous threshold for climate change, the World Meteorological Organization said on Monday.

The 400 ppm level in the atmosphere, up 40 percent since wide use of fossil fuels began with the Industrial Revolution, is rapidly spreading southwards. First recorded in 2012 in the Arctic, it has since become the norm for the Arctic spring.

The WMO expects the global annual average carbon dioxide concentration to be above 400 ppm in 2015 or 2016. Rising concentrations of the heat-trapping gas raise risks of more heatwaves, droughts and rising sea levels.

<snip>

"The first time in human history"? Further proof that US decadence ain't the enemy of the world and that the radical left apparently thinks that "human history" began sometime in the 1880's when Neanderthals learned how to use a thermometer.

...or not, as predicted by our AGW Models
So why don't you just post what your models do predict instead of wasting thread posts by just saying "not" and waiting for me to ask?

According to my model a 120PPM increase in CO2 has no discernible effect on Earthe climate

nature has to mitigate the CO2 somehow. Everything has discernable effects. If it rains a lot, the grass grows faster, etc. Why pretend it doesn't except to avoid policy consequences?

If you are arguing that the effects aren't serious, explain your reasoning. It's not just about average temperatures. Even if something like additional plant and algae growth in the oceans and increased storm turbulence provides an outlet for the additional heat, these are still noteworthy effects.

So why don't you just post what your models do predict instead of wasting thread posts by just saying "not" and waiting for me to ask?

According to my model a 120PPM increase in CO2 has no discernible effect on Earthe climate

nature has to mitigate the CO2 somehow. Everything has discernable effects. If it rains a lot, the grass grows faster, etc. Why pretend it doesn't except to avoid policy consequences?

If you are arguing that the effects aren't serious, explain your reasoning. It's not just about average temperatures. Even if something like additional plant and algae growth in the oceans and increased storm turbulence provides an outlet for the additional heat, these are still noteworthy effects.

worthless: No DISCERNIBLE effect on the Earth's CLIMATE is what he said.

If I have a bucket full of carbonated seltzer water and add an Alka Seltzer, other than a moment's worth of observing additional bubbles, there won't be much discernible effect on that bucket. (It may end up with a tad more CO2 in it, temporarily, but not so much that we'd notice it.)

Bad news.

Real Bad news.

I was on my friends boat out at Montauk. I had forgot to take Dramamine and got a little woozy. While reaching for a beer to settle my stomach, I accidentally dropped a pack of Alka-Seltzer into the ocean.

I'm so sorry I disrupted the climate and likely ended civilization as we know it

I thought for a second you were going to apologize for not having dove in after it.

Carbon Dioxide Levels Topped 400 PPM Throughout Northern Hemisphere In April, WMO Says

Reuters 05/26/2014

By Tom Miles

GENEVA, May 26 (Reuters) - Carbon dioxide levels throughout the northern hemisphere hit 400 parts per million (ppm) for the first time in human history in April, an ominous threshold for climate change, the World Meteorological Organization said on Monday.

The 400 ppm level in the atmosphere, up 40 percent since wide use of fossil fuels began with the Industrial Revolution, is rapidly spreading southwards. First recorded in 2012 in the Arctic, it has since become the norm for the Arctic spring.

The WMO expects the global annual average carbon dioxide concentration to be above 400 ppm in 2015 or 2016. Rising concentrations of the heat-trapping gas raise risks of more heatwaves, droughts and rising sea levels.

<snip>
"The first time in human history"? Further proof that US decadence ain't the enemy of the world and that the radical left apparently thinks that "human history" began sometime in the 1880's when Neanderthals learned how to use a thermometer.

It was the first time in more than 800,000 years. What were your ancestors doing 800,000 years ago? That's 160 TIMES as far back as the Egyptian pyramids. That's 67 TIMES as far back the EARLIEST evidence of human civilization. That's 27 TIMES as far back as the extinction of the neanderthals. That's 200,000 years BEFORE the APPEARANCE of the NEANDERTHALS. You don't think that qualifies as human history?

Fucking dimwit.

worthless:
No need to be rude. Don't be a troll.

No DISCERNIBLE effect on the Earth's CLIMATE is what he said.
I know what he said. Why waste text repeating what he said with all caps except to be emotionally provocative and . . . troll-like?

If I have a bucket full of carbonated seltzer water and add an Alka Seltzer, other than a moment's worth of observing additional bubbles, there won't be much discernible effect on that bucket. (It may end up with a tad more CO2 in it, temporarily, but not so much that we'd notice it.)
How many factors in this analogy apply to the biosphere? We're talking about a lot more CO2 at a global scale and the CO2 has nowhere to go except into plants and algae.

The CO2 WILL BE mitigated. The only question is how and what will follow. Maybe it will all end up as carbonated water in the bucket you describe, who knows.

No need to be rude. Don't be a troll.

I know what he said. Why waste text repeating what he said with all caps except to be emotionally provocative and . . . troll-like?

How many factors in this analogy apply to the biosphere? We're talking about a lot more CO2 at a global scale and the CO2 has nowhere to go except into plants and algae.

The CO2 WILL BE mitigated. The only question is how and what will follow. Maybe it will all end up as carbonated water in the bucket you describe, who knows.

Nice response troll!

Nice response troll!
Is this discussion forum policed for troll/flame warriors or will I have to endure being called a troll any time I call anyone a troll? If so, I guess I'll just have to shut up and endure the trolling quietly until the troll takes it upon themselves to spare me the irritation.

Why can't people just be polite in the first place so there's no trolling to worry about?

garrett_morris_snl_news_for_the_hard_of_hearing.jpg

"Our Top Story tonight, the number of experiments showing a temperature increase from a 120PPM increase in CO2 is still Zero"

Reuters 05/26/2014

By Tom Miles

<snip>

And the era of no warming continues. Sort of makes your AGW hypothesis look silly, doesn't it? June and still ice floating around in the great lakes.

Reuters 05/26/2014

By Tom Miles

<snip>

It was the first time in more than 800,000 years. What were your ancestors doing 800,000 years ago? That's 160 TIMES as far back as the Egyptian pyramids. That's 67 TIMES as far back the EARLIEST evidence of human civilization. That's 27 TIMES as far back as the extinction of the neanderthals. That's 200,000 years BEFORE the APPEARANCE of the NEANDERTHALS. You don't think that qualifies as human history?

Fucking dimwit.

You mean that there was less atmospheric CO2 in the deeper depths of the ice age? Who would have thought. What was the atmospheric CO2 just prior to the beginning of the ice age that the earth is presently in...and do try to remember the difference between ice age and interglacial.

Is this discussion forum policed for troll/flame warriors or will I have to endure being called a troll any time I call anyone a troll? If so, I guess I'll just have to shut up and endure the trolling quietly until the troll takes it upon themselves to spare me the irritation.

Why can't people just be polite in the first place so there's no trolling to worry about?
you come into the middle of a thread and call someone who's been participating for much more time then you, and you call him a troll. Hah.....hah

you come into the middle of a thread and call someone who's been participating for much more time then you, and you call him a troll. Hah.....hah

Of course you are a troll. You all ready got banned once. Now you are back using a different name so this time you are a lying troll. You were a troll at the beginning of this thread in the middle of this thread and here at the end

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Because he switched from discussing content to making accusations.

Of course you are a troll. You all ready got banned once. Now you are back using a different name so this time you are a lying troll. You were a troll at the beginning of this thread in the middle of this thread and here at the end

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Idk who you think I was but I just registered for this website for the first time with this username. Is it really that hard to just stick with content of the discussion instead of shifting to these ad hominem accusatory games?

We need more so that Lake Superior doesn't stay frozen over all summer.

AGW Faith Based Ministries alerts the public to the dangers associated with swimming in our oceans:

skeleton.jpg

Acid can cause severe damage!

Fucking dimwit.

You mean that there was less atmospheric CO2 in the deeper depths of the ice age? Who would have thought. What was the atmospheric CO2 just prior to the beginning of the ice age that the earth is presently in...and do try to remember the difference between ice age and interglacial.

YOU are trolling here. My post was a response to the statement "...the radical left apparently thinks that "human history" began sometime in the 1880's". It has nothing to do with any of your shopworn ice age comments and, up to this point, had nothing to do with you.

Forum List

Back