Carrier & Trump

Carrier is till building a new factory in Mexico & now Trump is helping pay for it.
How so? You have no source and it makes no sense. A tax relief isn't a payment so you need to explain.

Of course, it is using the tax dollars paid by the residents of Indiana to bribe Carrier to only send 1,000 jobs to Mexico, on the promise to keep jobs 1,000 jobs in the Hossier State. Will they demand $7 million more in a few years? If Trump doesn't send additional bribes will these saved jobs leave Indiana? Will other businesses smell the green and demand more tax cuts or head to Mexico or Asia?

Speaking of Asia, how do the Trump supporters feel about his break with policy on the sensitive issue of Taiwan? Some say it was a strategic move, others a bewildering fuck up by an inexperienced yokel with no diplomatic experience, in lyrical form:

One blind mouse. One blind mouse
See how he ran. See how he ran.
He ran after the farmer's wife,
Who cut off his penis with a carving knife,
Did you ever see such a sight in your life,
As one blind mouse.

You aren't using tax dollars if you are not collecting them. I was expecting something that stupid. The citizens will benefit from the company staying, you liberals see everything the opposite of reality.

Some citizens will benefit, and equal amount will still lose their job. And by inference, you seem to believe a bribe is a good policy for good governance. That does not surprise me, if Obama and Biden has colluded to do the exact same thing, you would be hysterical and whining about such a practice.

You mean like with gM? Oh, that's right, obama stole GM from its owners....

Really, where did he put it? In Mexico? In Canada? For the uninformed and you, but I repeat myself, GM is thriving, the GOP wanted to let them die which would have cost thousands of GM Employees and thousands more in their suppliers to lose their job.

Really, writing that Obama stole GM from its owners is absurd.

Carrier is till building a new factory in Mexico & now Trump is helping pay for it.
How so? You have no source and it makes no sense. A tax relief isn't a payment so you need to explain.

Of course, it is using the tax dollars paid by the residents of Indiana to bribe Carrier to only send 1,000 jobs to Mexico, on the promise to keep jobs 1,000 jobs in the Hossier State. Will they demand $7 million more in a few years? If Trump doesn't send additional bribes will these saved jobs leave Indiana? Will other businesses smell the green and demand more tax cuts or head to Mexico or Asia?

Speaking of Asia, how do the Trump supporters feel about his break with policy on the sensitive issue of Taiwan? Some say it was a strategic move, others a bewildering fuck up by an inexperienced yokel with no diplomatic experience, in lyrical form:

As one blind mouse.

You aren't using tax dollars if you are not collecting them. I was expecting something that stupid. The citizens will benefit from the company staying, you liberals see everything the opposite of reality.

Some citizens will benefit, and equal amount will still lose their job. And by inference, you seem to believe a bribe is a good policy for good governance. That does not surprise me, if Obama and Biden has colluded to do the exact same thing, you would be hysterical and whining about such a practice.

Striking a deal is now "bribery".

I love how these far left regressives twist language.

I suppose, there is nothing you love to see more than jobs destroyed for the working class. You just can't stand those guys, I mean it says "work" right on their classification, that can't be good.

Yes, the left would actually prefer that 1,000 families lose their jobs to Mexico than for Trump to score a win they are that petty. Do not underestimate the left they are scum.

As one blind mouse.

You mean like with gM? Oh, that's right, obama stole GM from its owners....

Really, where did he put it? In Mexico? In Canada? For the uninformed and you, but I repeat myself, GM is thriving, the GOP wanted to let them die which would have cost thousands of GM Employees and thousands more in their suppliers to lose their job.

Really, writing that Obama stole GM from its owners is absurd.
GM? Obama also stole the brand name and put GM into a company he created called gM.....

For the truly stupid fucking idiots among us, like you, GM did die, it went bankrupt and no longer exists. gM is not thriving. And America is still suffering from Obamas fascist act.....

So far no evidence to support such a claim!

As one blind mouse.

7 million for 1100 jobs.

Now, how many BILLIONS did Obama (or was that Bush?) put in GM of FEDERAL money, had to screw the bondholders by changing the law to do it, and how many jobs did that save? Let us not forget Chrysler either-)

You people are honestly ridiculous. (leftists that is) You bitch when manufacturing jobs are saved anywhere, and/or created in the energy sector. And then after bitching and moaning about them, you demand open borders so that illegal aliens can waltz in and take jobs while lowering American blue collar workers wages. And you wonder why you lost the election! HOW DUMB ARE YOU!

And just as an aside----------> if I see one more idiotic thread about how Trump/Pence are wrong for saving Carrier, I am going to go on the web and start putting in links how much Illinois paid in tax relief to keep Ford in Chicago. If it is bad for Trump, then it is bad for Illinois too! Put up, or shut up leftists-)

It was the far left Congress under Bush, without Bush they would have just given the money away instead of having them pay it back..

However the far left Congress and Obama sold Chrysler to fiat for a 2.5 Billion dollar loss..

So all the profits from Chrysler go to Italy!

The stimulus money went to DNC big donors!

And the far left bailed out Wall Street and the Bankers, not the people they claim to be for.

Regressives are very pissed off that Trump is already making America great (their worst fear)... and he isn't even the president yet!

America becomes great because the govt pays for the workers of the private companies. If this happened in any other country the US govt would decry it as COMMUNISM.

As one blind mouse.

I highlighted your lie in red. Its a blatant big fat mouth type lie typical of the left. They have no valid argument so they lie, shocker.

Carrier Will Receive $7 Million in Tax Breaks to Keep Jobs in Indiana

In truth the 7 million will be paid over ten years, and is money that might have gone to repair roads & other necessary eroding infrastructure (creating jobs) in Indiana, which is now going to Carrier. Call it what you will, we will never know what went on behind the curtain, or what other promises may have been made to United Tech. a major defense contractor and the owner of Carrier. Are they incentives or bribes, and how will other companies and industries not seek to obtain such a reward?

Will the jobs saved by this deal be a cost-benefit for Indiana, or a cost deficit? We need to wait and see, but the practice seems to be a dangerous move and one which others will see as an opportunity to tap into government largess.

Regressives are very pissed off that Trump is already making America great (their worst fear)... and he isn't even the president yet!

America becomes great because the govt pays for the workers of the private companies. If this happened in any other country the US govt would decry it as COMMUNISM.

Says the guy who wants to increase government payrolls.

Ah, the liberal hypocrisy, tears... Trump's victory has already been worth it.

It's been reported, though without emphasis, since the first time I heard about the Trump save. Look it up.

It is on those making the claim to back up their claims, but as a far left drone you refuse to post actual facts!

If it was that easy then you could have posted a link, but did not as it must be only in far left blog sites!
https://thinkprogress.org/carrier-letter-trump-doesnt-want-you-to-read-bccb2eee9c3d#.va2fwzl7u
Actually, I heard it first on Fox or CNN, and have heard it repeated here and there. NY Times also covered it, but I suppose that--and any other site that covers the news--will be considered a "far left blog site" by you. Don't say I didn't show you, though.

It's been reported, though without emphasis, since the first time I heard about the Trump save. Look it up.

It is on those making the claim to back up their claims, but as a far left drone you refuse to post actual facts!

If it was that easy then you could have posted a link, but did not as it must be only in far left blog sites!
https://thinkprogress.org/carrier-letter-trump-doesnt-want-you-to-read-bccb2eee9c3d#.va2fwzl7u
Actually, I heard it first on Fox or CNN, and have heard it repeated here and there. NY Times also covered it, but I suppose that--and any other site that covers the news--will be considered a "far left blog site" by you. Don't say I didn't show you, though.

Think progress is a known far left blog site, this why the far left fails!

The New York Times is also a known far left hack.

You might as well have posted from the onion!

As one blind mouse.

I highlighted your lie in red. Its a blatant big fat mouth type lie typical of the left. They have no valid argument so they lie, shocker.

In truth the 7 million will be paid over ten years, and is money that might have gone to repair roads & other necessary eroding infrastructure (creating jobs) in Indiana, which is now going to Carrier. Call it what you will, we will never know what went on behind the curtain, or what other promises may have been made to United Tech. a major defense contractor and the owner of Carrier. Are they incentives or bribes, and how will other companies and industries not seek to obtain such a reward?
LOL. This one still thinks a tax relief is a payment.

Nothing will be paid out. Carrier would have left because of people like you who think you are entitled to their earnings.

As one blind mouse.

New York state used the tactic to keep companies from moving to the southern states in the 70's and 80's and Maine uses it (or tries to, without much success) to keep mills from closing. It's pretty common and I'm not sure why it is considered so novel and awful now. I think all states suffering job losses use a combination of incentives to keep businesses there.
As long as people realize that what Trump has done is more theatrics than policy (and actually, it CAN'T be policy yet--he's not President yet) we're all fine. I'm happy for the people who kept their jobs and I'm glad Indiana and the PE were able to work out a deal, but no one should expect that this approach will "solve the problem." It is a morale booster and a bit of a stage show, for the most part.

So you have your bases covered before a link is even presented to you. It is true, regardless. Go ask the folks whose jobs are leaving if that's all you will believe.

No, you can't read. The letter says nothing of the kind. Trump isn't helping them build a plant in Mexico, that's absurd. Go read it a bit slower. Some of the plant is moving, we knew that. My guess is regulations play a role.

As one blind mouse.

New York state used the tactic to keep companies from moving to the southern states in the 70's and 80's and Maine uses it (or tries to, without much success) to keep mills from closing. It's pretty common and I'm not sure why it is considered so novel and awful now. I think all states suffering job losses use a combination of incentives to keep businesses there.
As long as people realize that what Trump has done is more theatrics than policy (and actually, it CAN'T be policy yet--he's not President yet) we're all fine. I'm happy for the people who kept their jobs and I'm glad Indiana and the PE were able to work out a deal, but no one should expect that this approach will "solve the problem." It is a morale booster and a bit of a stage show, for the most part.
How is that theatrics? He made it clear what he would try to implement, how can you claim it had no effect on their decision?

So you have your bases covered before a link is even presented to you. It is true, regardless. Go ask the folks whose jobs are leaving if that's all you will believe.

So you have no real proof of anything other than the far left Hack sites say it so!

As one blind mouse.

Will the jobs saved by this deal be a cost-benefit for Indiana, or a cost deficit? We need to wait and see, but the practice seems to be a dangerous move and one which others will see as an opportunity to tap into government largess.

Oh yes, oh yes, exactly what the far leftists said-)

Hey, 7 million is a lot of money, paid by the state where the jobs will be retained in. (no it isn't, but for the sake of argument, let us all play along)

Can ANYONE remember not tax breaks like this, but actual TRANSFER OF MONEY OUT OF THE FED TREASURY by Obysmal to help an industry?!?!?!

Nah, Obysmal would NEVER, ever do that, now would he-) Brookings: Cash for Clunkers failed

Oh my God, say it isn't so Obysmal and leftists-)

It doesn't matter if it's a tax subsidy or a handout. Carrier will use the money to build a factory, and send American jobs to Mexico. Trump should have told Carrier he's ripping up NAFTA, like he promised and that Carrier would be taxed for every Mexican import they try to send back to the US. THis would have saved ALL the jobs instead of just half or so. I think we should rip the Carrier deal up and demand a better one. He's a terrible negotiator.

As one blind mouse.

Oh yes, oh yes, exactly what the far leftists said-)

Hey, 7 million is a lot of money, paid by the state where the jobs will be retained in. (no it isn't, but for the sake of argument, let us all play along)

Can ANYONE remember not tax breaks like this, but actual TRANSFER OF MONEY OUT OF THE FED TREASURY by Obysmal to help an industry?!?!?!

Nah, Obysmal would NEVER, ever do that, now would he-) Brookings: Cash for Clunkers failed

Oh my God, say it isn't so Obysmal and leftists-)

Why are these people so reality impaired?

Trump isn't trying to help industry, but keep jobs in America. Keep businesses in America that are LEAVING. Help the working class, the class which you are supposed to STAND FOR, morons.

It doesn't matter if it's a tax subsidy or a handout. Carrier will use the money to build a factory, and send American jobs to Mexico. Trump should have told Carrier he's ripping up NAFTA, like he promised and that Carrier would be taxed for every Mexican import they try to send back to the US. THis would have saved ALL the jobs instead of just half or so. I think we should rip the Carrier deal up and demand a better one. He's a terrible negotiator.

He is not president yet!

And he is better than Obama, as the far left told us that we should just accept this as the new norm.

The worst fear of the left is the very real possibility that Trump will be successful. If he is, they will continue to lose elections for a long time. The next 4 years will be rife with left wing lies and cheats.

Forum List

Back