Carson: "I would not just stand there and let him shoot me,"

It's amazing how the left found illegal immigrant citizenship by birth and same-sex marriage in the 14th amendment, yet can't find self defense in the second amendment. Fascinating.

1) I have never seen a leftist claim that people don't have a right to self defense.
2) The 2nd amendment does not establish a right to self defense.

The right to self defense under American law does not extend from the constitution. It extends from the common law, and is highly subject to influence from both statutory and case law.

It is a basic human right that predates any law. Period.

Well, I'll agree that it is a natural right, and that it has been recognized since antiquity, if that's what you mean. But that does not excuse Sally's suggestion that the 2nd amendment establishes a constitutional right to self defense.

word games and semantic distortion from another amateur "lawyer"...
The lady is correct.

I believe you misspelled "higher level of intelligence and study."

It's amazing how the left found illegal immigrant citizenship by birth and same-sex marriage in the 14th amendment, yet can't find self defense in the second amendment. Fascinating.

1) I have never seen a leftist claim that people don't have a right to self defense.

The right to self defense under American law does not extend from the constitution. It extends from the common law, and is highly subject to influence from both statutory and case law.

Well, I'll agree that it is a natural right, and that it has been recognized since antiquity, if that's what you mean. But that does not excuse Sally's suggestion that the 2nd amendment establishes a constitutional right to self defense.

I agree with you there...I wasn't sure that you understood that nuance and I was too lazy to try to explain it. The 2nd Amendment does exactly what it says, no more, no less...it guarantees an individual right to keep and bear arms because the security of the State depends upon a well-regulated militia, which at the time was every able-bodied male of military age.

I'm waiting for someone to try to make the case that, since only men could serve in the militia at the time, that women's rights are not guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment...that would be fun to watch. :D

It's not a matter of "let".
And someone did rush the shooter.
Oregon's hero, Chris Mintz, pleaded with the shooter: 'It's my son's birthday'
He was shot anyway.
So... You agree with Dr Carson.
Thank you.
Not anymore than you agree with President Obama.
Oh.
So you would NOT fight the shooter before he killed you.
Darwin in action.
This is a bad habit you have.
Telling people what they think.
OK then... tell us what you think.
Would you fight him or let him kill you?

Me?

I'd go down swinging.

But I don't fault anyone who would try to survive in a different way.

Notice how Swallow bypassed the comment that the right to an abortion is also not found in the Constitution.

And with that, we are done.

Cheers.

So... You agree with Dr Carson.
Thank you.
Not anymore than you agree with President Obama.
Oh.
So you would NOT fight the shooter before he killed you.
Darwin in action.
This is a bad habit you have.
Telling people what they think.
OK then... tell us what you think.
Would you fight him or let him kill you?
Me?
I'd go down swinging.
And thus, as previously noted, you agree with Dr Carson, who said the same thing.

Notice how Swallow bypassed the comment that the right to an abortion is also not found in the Constitution.
And with that, we are done.
Cheers.
:lol:
Someone can't handle the truth.

The lady is correct.

:blahblah:
not particularly interested in what you may or may not "believe" ....or your snide implications....counselor

I'd go down swinging.
Ditto

Problem is, Carson saying what most everyone else is thinking, is a no no.

And, one can't go down swinging when there are sheeple running madly the other way and yelling "NOT ME! I'M GETTING OUT OF HERE!".
That guy that took 7 bullets is one in a million.

The lady is correct.

not particularly interested in what you may or may not "believe" ....or your snide implications....counselor

Not sure why you insist on implying that I'm a lawyer. I've never implied any such thing. But I do find it ironic that you attempt to mock me by praising my intelligence and depth of knowledge. As if being both smart and informed were a bad thing. No.....more like a front to mask insecurities about your own low-rung place in life. And possibly your ability to satisfy a woman.

"I would not just stand there and let him shoot me," Carson said on "Fox & Friends," as seen in the clip above. "I would say, 'Hey, guys, everybody attack him. He may shoot me, but he can’t get us all.'"
Ben Carson On Oregon Murders: 'I Would Not Just Stand There And Let Him Shoot Me'

So... who here disagrees with Ben?
AKA, Let's Roll

Course the left's motto is "Let's check the politically correct manual to see what our options are"

Best option: Run
Next best: Hide
Third best: Fight

"I would not just stand there and let him shoot me," Carson said on "Fox & Friends," as seen in the clip above. "I would say, 'Hey, guys, everybody attack him. He may shoot me, but he can’t get us all.'"
Ben Carson On Oregon Murders: 'I Would Not Just Stand There And Let Him Shoot Me'

So... who here disagrees with Ben?
AKA, Let's Roll

Course the left's motto is "Let's check the politically correct manual to see what our options are"

Best option: Run
Next best: Hide
Third best: Fight
You can't outrun bullets.
You can't hide from bullets.
You can always gang rush a maniac

The lady is correct.

Not sure why you insist on implying that I'm a lawyer. I've never implied any such thing. But I do find it ironic that you attempt to mock me by praising my intelligence and depth of knowledge. As if being both smart and informed were a bad thing. No.....more like a front to mask insecurities about your own low-rung place in life. And possibly your ability to satisfy a woman.

you try to nit pick the lady's post about the 2nd amendment with specious nonsense...like a 1st year law student practicing for class...
no the 2nd amendment doesn't specify "self defense"..so what?..but to YOU that's important...
according to your "logic", the constitution also doesn't "specify" owning a car..so therefore cars are unconstitutional...

Forum List

Back