Carson: "I would not just stand there and let him shoot me,"

Well, I'll agree that it is a natural right, and that it has been recognized since antiquity, if that's what you mean. But that does not excuse Sally's suggestion that the 2nd amendment establishes a constitutional right to self defense.

word games and semantic distortion from another amateur "lawyer"...
The lady is correct.

I believe you misspelled "higher level of intelligence and study."

:blahblah:
not particularly interested in what you may or may not "believe" ....or your snide implications....counselor

Not sure why you insist on implying that I'm a lawyer. I've never implied any such thing. But I do find it ironic that you attempt to mock me by praising my intelligence and depth of knowledge. As if being both smart and informed were a bad thing. No.....more like a front to mask insecurities about your own low-rung place in life. And possibly your ability to satisfy a woman.

you try to nit pick the lady's post about the 2nd amendment with specious nonsense...like a 1st year law student practicing for class...
no the 2nd amendment doesn't specify "self defense"..so what?..but to YOU that's important...
according to your "logic", the constitution also doesn't "specify" owning a car..so therefore cars are unconstitutional...
Don't forget abortion.
You wont find "education" or "health care" in the Constitution, either.

"I would not just stand there and let him shoot me," Carson said on "Fox & Friends," as seen in the clip above. "I would say, 'Hey, guys, everybody attack him. He may shoot me, but he can’t get us all.'"
Ben Carson On Oregon Murders: 'I Would Not Just Stand There And Let Him Shoot Me'

So... who here disagrees with Ben?

Carson is such a bad ass....in his fantasies
Courage is a trait not everyone possesses. For instance instead of courage you were given a cowards reflexes

The lady is correct.

not particularly interested in what you may or may not "believe" ....or your snide implications....counselor

Not sure why you insist on implying that I'm a lawyer. I've never implied any such thing. But I do find it ironic that you attempt to mock me by praising my intelligence and depth of knowledge. As if being both smart and informed were a bad thing. No.....more like a front to mask insecurities about your own low-rung place in life. And possibly your ability to satisfy a woman.

you try to nit pick the lady's post about the 2nd amendment with specious nonsense...like a 1st year law student practicing for class...
no the 2nd amendment doesn't specify "self defense"..so what?..but to YOU that's important...
according to your "logic", the constitution also doesn't "specify" owning a car..so therefore cars are unconstitutional...
Don't forget abortion.
You wont find "education" or "health care" in the Constitution, either.

precisely correct...My example was wildly exaggerated for effect but I think we made our points..

..but we don't want to overload them with facts...they'll get frustrated and start calling us names...

"I would not just stand there and let him shoot me," Carson said on "Fox & Friends," as seen in the clip above. "I would say, 'Hey, guys, everybody attack him. He may shoot me, but he can’t get us all.'"
Ben Carson On Oregon Murders: 'I Would Not Just Stand There And Let Him Shoot Me'

If all the student rushed him they could've tried to bring him down.

I'm going down fighting not standing there crying.

:uhh: Pointing out that her claim is 100% factually untrue is nitpicking with specious nonsense?

Well, I'll agree that it is a natural right, and that it has been recognized since antiquity, if that's what you mean. But that does not excuse Sally's suggestion that the 2nd amendment establishes a constitutional right to self defense.

The lady is correct.

A 1st year law student would know that the Constitution does not enumerate any rights, it merely defines the powers of the federal government and, via the insisted upon Bill of Rights, attempts to guarantee rights that already existed. Best practice for class a bit better there, son.

Yeah, he was being anal...and so are you.

:uhh: Pointing out that her claim is 100% factually untrue is nitpicking with specious nonsense?

LMAO..ok, son..like the other poster mentioned..show me where abortion or health care or education appear in the constitution?

AKA, Let's Roll

Course the left's motto is "Let's check the politically correct manual to see what our options are"

Best option: Run
Next best: Hide
Third best: Fight
You can't outrun bullets.
You can't hide from bullets.
You can always gang rush a maniac

Handguns are notoriously inaccurate. Add the stress of firing, the screaming and multiple targets, it is difficult to hit a moving target at any distance. The greater distance you can put between yourself and the gunman.....the safer you are

You can't shoot what you can't see

It wasn't really worth pointing out in the context of this thread. I suggest you all drop it, no sense starting flame wars over such things. I get the feeling we are all pretty much on the same side here.

AKA, Let's Roll

Course the left's motto is "Let's check the politically correct manual to see what our options are"

Handguns are notoriously inaccurate. Add the stress of firing, the screaming and multiple targets, it is difficult to hit a moving target at any distance. The greater distance you can put between yourself and the gunman.....the safer you are

Son, despite what you may think from watching the Flash, you ain't that fast.

LMAO..ok, son..like the other poster mentioned..show me where abortion or health care or education appear in the constitution?

What does that have to do with anything? You're engaging in a red herring.

What does that have to do with anything? You're engaging in a red herring.

AKA, Let's Roll

They were in a classroom dumbass. Probably only feet from each other. Do you suppose running the 10 feet to the chalkboard would have saved your life?

Why can't you dumbfucks just admit that you can't speak to the idea put forth by Carson because you lack the courage to even contemplate fighting back let alone the will power to try

AKA, Let's Roll

They were in a classroom dumbass. Probably only feet from each other. Do you suppose running the 10 feet to the chalkboard would have saved your life?

Why can't you dumbfucks just admit that you can't speak to the idea put forth by Carson because you lack the courage to even contemplate fighting back let alone the will power to try

They've been conditioning kids to run since the old "duck and cover" days. Ironically, when some of those kids end up in the military, we had to try to undo that conditioning.

Even more ironically, that conditioning is now seen in law enforcement, where job-one has become "going home at night to my family" rather than takings the risks to ensure EVERYONE goes home at night to their families.

AKA, Let's Roll

Hence option 3

AKA, Let's Roll

Hence option 3
Hence Carsons response. Yet you mock him for it.

Rain Man Carson is an idiot savant. He can do brain surgery - but he can't comprehend common sense social issues.
In other words you'd just let the guy shoot you.
Thank you - and Darwin.

Forum List

Back