Carson: "I would not just stand there and let him shoot me,"

There is some truth to this; CCW classes usually teach to not get involved in an altercation that does not involve you.
Like the CC guy who saw a car-jacking and fired, missing the criminals, killing the victim, and then he ran off? Terrific.
Or the lady here locally who shot her husband before he could shoot her and the kids.
And I'm sure that was the very first time he had ever threatened them eh? Right.
Who knows? Doesn't matter. She saved her kids. Self defense is a right protected by the constitution. No charges are being filed.

There is no right to individual self defense in the Constitution of the United States.
Explain the second amendment.

Without our money supporting him and mommy, no one would have heard of him. Is he good at his chosen profession? Terrific, that is being a doctor not an elected official...

Same thing could have been said about a certain Community Organizer.....

Carson is a sociopath.

He has no empathy whatsoever. There is no way he could have a "liberal" mindset. Flaming or otherwise.

Declaring he would have chosen to rush the gunman, dying on his feet instead of on his knees, makes him a sociopath?
:wtf:

There is some truth to this; CCW classes usually teach to not get involved in an altercation that does not involve you.
Like the CC guy who saw a car-jacking and fired, missing the criminals, killing the victim, and then he ran off? Terrific.
Or the lady here locally who shot her husband before he could shoot her and the kids.
And I'm sure that was the very first time he had ever threatened them eh? Right.
Who knows? Doesn't matter. She saved her kids. Self defense is a right protected by the constitution. No charges are being filed.

There is no right to individual self defense in the Constitution of the United States.

Correct, the Constitution does not grant rights, it only outlines the limits of the the powers of the federal government.

The right to individual self defense is a basic human right that predates any constitution or government...as much as you may want to wish it otherwise. Indeed, you might want to check out the 9th and 10th Amendments.

I would.. I would proclaim my Savior and let him take me down... if it was God's will, I would die.
If not, I would not.
And there we go, a little faith.

a LOT of faith. 100%
Good for you, nice to see. Reminds me of this one:

"Murder
On the morning of 12 February 2005, Stang woke up early to walk to a community meeting to speak about the rights for the Amazon. Ciero, a farmer Stang invited to the meeting, was going to be late. Ciero was a couple of minutes behind Stang, but he was able to see her and hid from the two armed men who followed her. She progressed on and was blocked by the two men, Clodoaldo Carlos Batista and Raifran das Neves Sales. They asked if she had any weapons, and she claimed that the only weapon would be her Bible. She then read a passage from the Beatitudes, "Blessed are the poor in spirit..." She continued a couple of steps but was suddenly stopped when Ciero called her, "Sister," as she was held at gun point by Raifran. When Clodoaldo approved of discharging at Stang, Raifran fired a round at Stang's abdomen. She fell face down on the ground. Raifran fired another round into Stang's back, then fired all four remaining rounds into her head.[1]"
Dorothy Stang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"I would not just stand there and let him shoot me," Carson said on "Fox & Friends," as seen in the clip above. "I would say, 'Hey, guys, everybody attack him. He may shoot me, but he can’t get us all.'"
Ben Carson On Oregon Murders: 'I Would Not Just Stand There And Let Him Shoot Me'
So... who here disagrees with Ben?
I would.. I would proclaim my Savior and let him take me down... if it was God's will, I would die.
If not, I would not.
Why?

Because God and Jesus are more important than THIS Earthly life, which is short ...

If I had my way? That maniac would have never had a military style assault weapon or automatic pistols in the first place.

'Assault Weapon'?! ANY weapon can be categorized as an 'assault' weapon if it is used to 'assault' - shoot / kill - a person. And again, what is the obsession with rejecting personal accountability and the fact that PEOPLE kill people, and guns are only a 'tool'.

More people are killed in the US, according to the FBI, with knives and hammers. I don't see the Liberals demanding more knife and hammer legislation, a 30-day waiting period for a craftsman hammer, r a background check for a steak knife.

No legislation exists that would have prevented the Oregon shooting.
No legislation that can be passed (without ignoring the Constitution) can be passed that would prevent such an attack. No law can be passed that criminals / murderers will obey.

An ARMED guard, like the ones at Obama's kids' school, would have done more to protect them than any legislation in existence or that can be passed.

Addressing mental illness and violence in our culture - regarding the desensitizing and disregard of human life - that permeates our movies ,video games, etc will do more than attempting to strip law abiding citizens of their ability to protect themselves. ....my 2 cents.
Any gun that is "self loading" and automatic should be banned from civilian ownership.

Neither of those weapons should ever be outside of a battlefield.

Dr. Carson would be greatly admired by the left if he wasn't one of those damn conservative Christians.

You do realize physical Death is not the end of life, correct?

If I had my way? That maniac would have never had a military style assault weapon or automatic pistols in the first place.

'Assault Weapon'?! ANY weapon can be categorized as an 'assault' weapon if it is used to 'assault' - shoot / kill - a person. And again, what is the obsession with rejecting personal accountability and the fact that PEOPLE kill people, and guns are only a 'tool'.

More people are killed in the US, according to the FBI, with knives and hammers. I don't see the Liberals demanding more knife and hammer legislation, a 30-day waiting period for a craftsman hammer, r a background check for a steak knife.

No legislation that can be passed (without ignoring the Constitution) can be passed that would prevent such an attack. No law can be passed that criminals / murderers will obey.

An ARMED guard, like the ones at Obama's kids' school, would have done more to protect them than any legislation in existence or that can be passed.

Addressing mental illness and violence in our culture - regarding the desensitizing and disregard of human life - that permeates our movies ,video games, etc will do more than attempting to strip law abiding citizens of their ability to protect themselves. ....my 2 cents.
Any gun that is "self loading" and automatic should be banned from civilian ownership.

Self defense is a basic human right.

I love how you exhibit your ignorance of the subject with your own words. :lol:

It's amazing how the left found illegal immigrant citizenship by birth and same-sex marriage in the 14th amendment, yet can't find self defense in the second amendment. Fascinating.

1) I have never seen a leftist claim that people don't have a right to self defense.
2) The 2nd amendment does not establish a right to self defense.

The right to self defense under American law does not extend from the constitution. It extends from the common law, and is highly subject to influence from both statutory and case law.

There's also no right to an abortion.
What's your point?

Forum List

Back