Carville: Ted Cruz "the most talented and fearless Republican politician in 30 years"

Having people talking about you isn't necessarily a good thing. Especially in this case.
I disagree.

If they talk about you, they fear you.

Not rocket science.
when people mock you, you're imagining they fear you?

:rofl:

:clap2:
when people mock me, I know they fear me.

Not really.
intelligent response.

I mock you. I don't fear you. Simple.

In 2007 Obama started a run. None of the people I ever knew had a clue what Team Obama's election strategy was: the caucus states, the party rules committees. Obama did not win by much, not really.

In 1999 I kept hearing what a genius Karl Rove was. In 2001 I kept trying to get people to answer "If Rove was such a genius, did he really plan on asking the courts, did he have no other strategy to win?"

It's 2015, cruz is very, very smart. What his strategy is, none of us knows, but...given the right moment and the urgency of now...

Cruz has as credible a chance of winning the WH as anyone else. The man can and will flip on a dime if it will get him where he needs and wants to go

I thought that you'd like that. Thanks. -------- P.S. ---- Was there something there that wasn't the truth? Did I lie?
the idea that politics as usual, the dr feel good shit we get spoon fed from campaigns and media is killing us, is only part of the problem. I always blame the electorate. Popular democracy
BRAVO !!!!! EXCELLENT !!!! -- The light finally came on. Yes, I agree with you 110%. You are absolutely correct. The voters continue to do the exact same thing, election after election, yet expect a different outcome. Go figure. The voters are responsible for what we're seeing and experiencing now in this once great nation. They have swallowed hook, line, and sinker, every single word spewed from the mouths of professional politicians. And, look where its gotten us. They continue to play the game, yet expect a different result. Remember, the worst enemy of our government is a united citizenry. They know that as long as they can keep us divided along party lines, they win, we lose. A divided citizenry plays right into the hands of those hell-bent on our destruction. Time has proven that. Greed, egos, power, influence, self-service, and climbing the political ladder at all cost, is what politics is all about.

If the above wasn't true, we wouldn't be in the sad shameful state that we're presently in. Once elected to office, they exert their will, and not the will of the people. Professional politicians are puppets, dancing to the tunes played by the wealthy, the powerful, and the influential. They are where they're at because of the wealthy, the powerful, and the influential. Come election day, the candidates have been selected for us. We're asked to vote for the ones that the wealthy, the powerful, and influential have placed on the ballots. Why did the wealthy, the powerful, and the influential place those names on the ballots? The answer is simple. Look at the financial institutions, Wall Street, corporations, defense contractors, and high dollar donors. I think if you do, you'll be able to answer that question yourself. It doesn't take an MIT graduate, nor a Philadelphia lawyer to figure it out.

Ted Cruz's resume is stunning. I read an article some months ago that everyone(from both sides of the aisle) agree that he is "off the charts" brilliant.

His only bad traits are he is blunt and somewhat arrogant, according to those that know him.

Mark
Cruz's biggest political liability is that he is a fucking asshole who is mostly concerned with his private political agenda
He has enemies on both sides

Being the most talented and fearless Republican isn't exactly a high bar these days.

If you can tell time on an analog watch and mock Jarhead, you are more talented and fearless than most of the Republicans in Congress.

Fearless? Most definitely. Talented? Nope.
Cruz is one of the most talented politicians in our lifetimes. What he needs is his moment. If the stars align -- watch out
Agreed.
Cruz-Hitler.jpg

Cruz did such a great job in shutting down the government with no exit strategy once Obama didn't cave

You think Cruz cared about an exit strategy? Love him or hate him, most of the time Cruz is the smartest man in the room

Cruz definitely thinks he is the smartest person in the room. Politically, he is a moron with no ability to work with others

I thought that you'd like that. Thanks. -------- P.S. ---- Was there something there that wasn't the truth? Did I lie?
the idea that politics as usual, the dr feel good shit we get spoon fed from campaigns and media is killing us, is only part of the problem. I always blame the electorate. Popular democracy
BRAVO !!!!! EXCELLENT !!!! -- The light finally came on. Yes, I agree with you 110%. You are absolutely correct. The voters continue to do the exact same thing, election after election, yet expect a different outcome. Go figure. The voters are responsible for what we're seeing and experiencing now in this once great nation. They have swallowed hook, line, and sinker, every single word spewed from the mouths of professional politicians. And, look where its gotten us. They continue to play the game, yet expect a different result. Remember, the worst enemy of our government is a united citizenry. They know that as long as they can keep us divided along party lines, they win, we lose. A divided citizenry plays right into the hands of those hell-bent on our destruction. Time has proven that. Greed, egos, power, influence, self-service, and climbing the political ladder at all cost, is what politics is all about.

If the above wasn't true, we wouldn't be in the sad shameful state that we're presently in. Once elected to office, they exert their will, and not the will of the people. Professional politicians are puppets, dancing to the tunes played by the wealthy, the powerful, and the influential. They are where they're at because of the wealthy, the powerful, and the influential. Come election day, the candidates have been selected for us. We're asked to vote for the ones that the wealthy, the powerful, and influential have placed on the ballots. Why did the wealthy, the powerful, and the influential place those names on the ballots? The answer is simple. Look at the financial institutions, Wall Street, corporations, defense contractors, and high dollar donors. I think if you do, you'll be able to answer that question yourself. It doesn't take an MIT graduate, nor a Philadelphia lawyer to figure it out.

The problem is, is that people don't agree, that's why we aren't unified. If I have to agree to become liberal to be unified, I really don't think that's much of a choice.

Mark

Ted Cruz's resume is stunning. I read an article some months ago that everyone(from both sides of the aisle) agree that he is "off the charts" brilliant.

His only bad traits are he is blunt and somewhat arrogant, according to those that know him.

Mark
Cruz's biggest political liability is that he is a fucking asshole who is mostly concerned with his private political agenda
He has enemies on both sides

So, which ones AREN'T concerned about their private political agendas?

Mark

So this JakeStarkey reads how Carville thinks Cruz is brilliant and Jakeys thinks this equals Carville's support for Cruz winning the GOP nomination. :cuckoo: Brilliant and dangerous men like Cruz are quite capable of beating any rational candidate in a general election.

Dante, you are not smart enough to put words in my mouth successfully.

I think Carville would be thrilled if Cruz got the nomination.

I don't think he has a chance.
Carville has never said such a thing. Your imagination has gone wild

If Cruz were smart and wanting to be a serious presidential candidate...he'd have gauged the sentiment of the electorate and realized that the majority of Americans want an end to the idiotic divisiveness in Washington. He's done EXACTLY the opposite.

He isn't stupid....and he's not desirous of becoming president. So...he adds fuel to the fire....ups his speaking fees.......and works on his book deal.

Fearless? Most definitely. Talented? Nope.
really?
He has the media talking about him and the administration talking about him.

Sounds to me he is quite talented.
Having people talking about you isn't necessarily a good thing. Especially in this case.
I disagree.

Not rocket science.

:dance:

:lmao::lmao:

you're an idiot.

really?
He has the media talking about him and the administration talking about him.

Sounds to me he is quite talented.
I disagree.

Not rocket science.

:dance:

:lmao::lmao:

you're an idiot.

BOO!!!

James Carville is the one who ran Bill Clinton's (D-AR) successful campaign for President in 1992, orchestrating attacks on women, concealing Clinton's philandering, and presenting Clinton as a "New Democrat" despite the old, tired schemes Clinton actually tried to put in place once he was elected.
Say what you will about Carville, but he obviously knows how to evaluate a candidate and point out his strengths and weaknesses.

And recently he heaped major praise on Republican Ted Cruz, calling him "the most talented and fearless Republican politician in the last 30 years".

And this from a Democrat whose party depends absolutely upon appearance and image of a candidate, to be successful.

Cruz's only real handicap is that he was born in Canada, and is not a natural born citizen. His mother was born in Wilmington, Delaware, and his father in Cuba, who later became a naturalized American citizen.

It's easy to see why the rest of the Democrat party has been attacking Cruz more than all other Republican candidates combined, calling him "crazy" and all the usual names. They are clearly more worried about Cruz than any other present candidate. How much longer will it be before the Democrats start producing women who swear on a stack of Bibles that Cruz harassed them or had affairs with them?

---------------------------------------------------

James Carville Heaps Praise On Ted Cruz 8216 Most Talented And Fearless 8217 GOP Politician Of Last 30 Years Mediaite

James Carville Heaps Praise On Ted Cruz: ‘Most Talented And Fearless’ GOP Politician Of Last 30 Years

by Meenal Vamburkar | 12:50 pm, May 5th, 2013

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) is polarizing, to say the least. While the likes of Joe Scarborough have found Cruz to be a lying jerk, the senator received praise on Sunday from an unlikely suspect: James Carville. On This Week, Carville (a former Democratic strategist) said he disagreed with Cruz — but nonetheless showered him with praise.

“I think he is the most talented and fearless Republican politician I’ve seen in the last 30 years,” Carville asserted emphatically, as the panel discussed Cruz’s reported presidential aspirations. “I further think that he is going to run for president, and he is going to create something.”

That’s not to say Cruz would win, Carville noted, but “this guy has no fear. He just keeps plowing ahead. He is going to be something to watch.”

“I don’t agree with,” he added elsewhere in the segment, but: “This guy is something.” And “more talented than all of the other guys.”
Politics as usual, nothing more. Good candidates, bad candidates, and candidates head and shoulders above everyone else. Just how many times are we going to hear the same song, just a change in title? Yep, it's great that we get to hear all the wonderful things about professional politicians for many months until election day. This one is leading, that one is leading, this one is best, that one plays women, this one has a shaky background, that one has no experience, this one is connected to such and such group, that one once voted against helping our Vets, that one was never present during the most important votes in the Senate, this one was once accused of taking bribes, and on and on and on and on and on and on.

Oh yea, we get to hear all the smooth talking sweet sounds spewed from hopefuls, and their "Dr. Fellgood" speeches, rehearsed empty rhetoric, and promises by the bucket full.
most everything you listed gets mentioned in the press by media figures, not from candidates' speeches .

People like Cruz only succeed when things are going to shit. With the economy starting to warm up, Cruz has less and less things to legitimately whine about. He's a professional whiner and pessimist. A top drawer demagogue.

Forum List

Back