Cat Lovers Thread

d0a37bf44c10ae7e8ce57a8fe8235487.jpg

05.jpg

Superman loves showing off his beautiful looks to the world and will even pose for you. He enjoys sitting quietly outside in the sun just watching the birds. He loves attention and will do almost anything to get it, even if that means jumping onto your plate and spilling your food. He's such a wonderful cat and I am glad to have him. He was born at our house along with his sibling, Pyro, whom I have as well. They both grew up to be loving and overall, just wonderful cats whom I couldn't live without.
Cat of the Day - Every day a new cat photo and story since 1998.

05.jpg

Superman loves showing off his beautiful looks to the world and will even pose for you. He enjoys sitting quietly outside in the sun just watching the birds. He loves attention and will do almost anything to get it, even if that means jumping onto your plate and spilling your food. He's such a wonderful cat and I am glad to have him. He was born at our house along with his sibling, Pyro, whom I have as well. They both grew up to be loving and overall, just wonderful cats whom I couldn't live without.

I keep coming back to these eyes.

Years and years ago, I went to what was called the Denver Dumb Friend's League helping a friend look for his missing cat. Standing against a floor-to-ceiling bank of cages, I felt a paw on my shoulder and turned to look into the most amazing orange eyes I had ever seen.

She was scheduled to be pts for a broken leg but I took her anyway - straight o my vet who found her leg was just dislocated.

I called her Daffy and she fit right in. Then my fosters, rescues and my own starting getting sick. This was back when feline leukemia first appeared and was very virulent. She was a carrier. It absolutely broke my heart to put her down.

05.jpg

I keep coming back to these eyes.

Years and years ago, I went to what was called the Denver Dumb Friend's League helping a friend look for his missing cat. Standing against a floor-to-ceiling bank of cages, I felt a paw on my shoulder and turned to look into the most amazing orange eyes I had ever seen.

She was scheduled to be pts for a broken leg but I took her anyway - straight o my vet who found her leg was just dislocated.

I called her Daffy and she fit right in. Then my fosters, rescues and my own starting getting sick. This was back when feline leukemia first appeared and was very virulent. She was a carrier. It absolutely broke my heart to put her down.

Yep, this kitty's eyes are mesmerizing - she's a beauty. Some cats are very friendly that way and some are very aloof. That is what I liked most about our Maine Coon, he was very friendly. Whenever we had guests, he would have to go and smell each guest's legs and then look up at them as if to associate the smell with the face.

The ones we have now, are in between friendly and aloof. They come up to you but are leery of any petting. My son's cat, whom we are taking back to him this year, is skittish. You reach out to pet her and she moves back. She likes my husband and will get on his lap, but not too sure about me. My son says she never did like females - she was aloof to his female friends and his girlfriend, too.

For Mother's day....

Spock got my wife a present. On behalf of our departed Shadow, he included a bag of Snickers bars. From himself? He was thoughtful. He didn't to get something that would "go straight to the hips" so he got her a package of goodies which, if she didn't like, she wouldn't waste.....just give them to dispose of in a way that wouldn't make her fat.

Kitty Party Mix.

But we still love him......

Attachments

• $spock vignette_edited-1.JPG
    $spock vignette_edited-1.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 73

Forum List

Back