Cat Lovers Thread

tumblr_mr84wzE3Es1qjev1to1_1280.jpg

Awww, I love that one....:)

Last night I was doing chores and thought I'd just sit on the bed and rest for a couple of minutes. My doberman, Hannah and my little calico cat, Zoe were there on the bed. I got on the bed and thought it odd that Zoe didn't lift her head...she would usually acknowledge my presence. And then I knew. She was dead. Just laying there stretched out like she was sleeping...but dead.

She was a stray I took in summer of 2002. She had to have been at least a year old then, so she was probably at least 13 years old, and possibly a few years older. She was a small cat, so she seemed young because she was so small. And very fast, she would zip around very fast even up until just recently.

Sweet little Zoe, never caused any trouble in life, and even died in the most nondisruptive way. No obvious illness, no vet emergencies, no need to euthanize...she just up and died. I hope my dobie Greta was there to greet her...Greta would probably be really happy to see someone from home, and she and Zoe were kind of fond of each other. And I hope Zoe tells Greta how sad I am so Greta will try to contact me and put my mind at ease.

Last edited:
Last night I was doing chores and thought I'd just sit on the bed and rest for a couple of minutes. My doberman, Hannah and my little calico cat, Zoe were there on the bed. I got on the bed and thought it odd that Zoe didn't lift her head...she would usually acknowledge my presence. And then I knew. She was dead. Just laying there stretched out like she was sleeping...but dead.

Sweet little Zoe, never caused any trouble in life, and even died in the most nondisruptive way. No obvious illness, no vet emergencies, no need to euthanize...she just up and died. I hope my dobie Greta was there to greet her...Greta would probably be really happy to see someone from Earth, and she and Zoe were kind of fond of each other. And I hope Zoe tells Greta how sad I am so Greta will try to contact me and put my mind at ease.

Oh, Koosh, I'm so sorry to hear that. She was such a beautiful cat, how long did you have her? May she rest in peace.

I have a Calico, too, but she's really aloof. She'll climb on my husband's lap when he's watching TV, but she never does that to me. I'm the one that got her, but he's the one that feeds her and cleans out her litter box, so maybe that's why....or it could be that I have raised my voice at her when she's into something she's not supposed to.

She was a stray I took in summer of 2002. She had to have been at least a year old then, so she was probably at least 13 years old, and possibly a few years older. She was a small cat, so she seemed young because she was so small. And very fast, she would zip around very fast even up until just recently.

Sweet little Zoe, never caused any trouble in life, and even died in the most nondisruptive way. No obvious illness, no vet emergencies, no need to euthanize...she just up and died. I hope my dobie Greta was there to greet her...Greta would probably be really happy to see someone from home, and she and Zoe were kind of fond of each other. And I hope Zoe tells Greta how sad I am so Greta will try to contact me and put my mind at ease.

Sorry to hear of that loss...no, those losses. Please take care of yourself.

PLEASE.

Easily one of the finest videos I have ever seen...... I tried communicating with a cat after this and was very successful. If you're a cat lover, you'll love this video.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6FyGlDnbgM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6FyGlDnbgM[/ame]

You gave her the best life she could possibly have....love, warmth and sustenance, but the most needed by any of our little friends is love. She will live in your heart and mind until you meet her again...

Rainbow-Bridge-Poem.jpg

"Dog people" and "cat people" have different personality traits, study finds - CBS News
---
People who said they were dog lovers in the study tended to be more lively -- meaning they were more energetic and outgoing -- and also tended to follow rules closely. Cat lovers, on the other hand, were more introverted, more open-minded and more sensitive than dog lovers. Cat people also tended to be non-conformists, preferring to be expedient rather than follow the rules.

And in a finding that's sure to spark rivalries among pet owners, cat lovers scored higher on intelligence than dog lovers.
---

"Dog people" and "cat people" have different personality traits, study finds - CBS News
---
People who said they were dog lovers in the study tended to be more lively -- meaning they were more energetic and outgoing -- and also tended to follow rules closely. Cat lovers, on the other hand, were more introverted, more open-minded and more sensitive than dog lovers. Cat people also tended to be non-conformists, preferring to be expedient rather than follow the rules.

And in a finding that's sure to spark rivalries among pet owners, cat lovers scored higher on intelligence than dog lovers.
---

I like both dogs and cats :)

Does anyone use one of these? I just got one for Hobbes, a/k/a Excavator Cat --

691318349983.jpg

Thirty bucks I dropped on this thing, just set it up and I can tell it's gonna be a PITA to maintain.

Then of course soon as I look for that image I come across this, which I could have copied from what I already had on hand:

IMG_0513-e1380421074211.jpg

:banghead:

[MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION] I'm finally a daddy! Two kittens. One a calico and the other light yellow with white face markings. Mama had them under the house. I got them and put them in their box in the walk in closet. Mama is feeding them now. Pics asap.

[MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION] I'm finally a daddy! Two kittens. One a calico and the other light yellow with white face markings. Mama had them under the house. I got them and put them in their box in the walk in closet. Mama is feeding them now. Pics asap.

You is a hero, Blood. :salute:

Hate to say this but --- are you sure there were only two?

Forum List

Back