🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Catholics against this globalist Pope and marxist bishops and priests.

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
Never forget that the devil is always present, even in Holy places. Garden of Eden, the devil was there. At the Last Supper in the presence of Christ, the devil was there. Judas was INVITED to be there.

And that goes for me as well to that list.

The Catholic Church once believed being left handed was once a sign of being "dirty".

Things change.

Was Being Left-Handed Ever a Sin?
Countries still think that and do you know how people wiped their asses prior to the free market inventing toilet paper?

Go ahead and take a guess.

Elsewhere, stigma against lefties still exists. Discovery News reports:

In many Muslim parts of the world, in parts of Africa as well as in India, the left hand is considered the dirty hand and it’s considered offensive to offer that hand to anyone, even to help. The discrimination against lefties goes back thousands of years in many cultures, including those of the West.

I was raised Catholic until I bailed when I was a teen. I thought that the Church taught that everybody should obey the Holy Father. What happened?

The Pope is taking a giant dump on Catholic teachings, which come from the Bible and the ancient Doctors of the Church.

I was raised Catholic until I bailed when I was a teen. I thought that the Church taught that everybody should obey the Holy Father. What happened?

Nothing. You thought wrong and now you think wrong, that's all.

Never forget that the devil is always present, even in Holy places. Garden of Eden, the devil was there. At the Last Supper in the presence of Christ, the devil was there. Judas was INVITED to be there.

What a crazy bullshit. How could we be in this world here without the so called "serpent" in paradise? And how Jesus had been crucified without Judas Ischariot? What about if you would try to think some time also about original innocence and not only always about original sin and/or about sins of others? For the holy places "paradise" and "last supper" the presence of this what you call "devil" or "evil" is necessary. But what you fear - and that you like to bring others in fear - is something what has to do with the devil in you now - what doesn't mean that in you is no holy place.

Last edited:
The Catholic Church once believed being left handed was once a sign of being "dirty".

What a nonsense.

Yes it was nonsense but they came around.

What for heavens sake do you speak about? To be left handed has only problems, because we write from left to right. Who writes with the right hand from left to right has the fingers at the end of the line which he writes. In the other direction exists the danger to smear the fresh ink.

pknopp

Are you able to explain your "funny" statement? If a knight fell from a horse in the middle ages, then this means not that always all Catholics fall from a horse, when they ride into a church service with their Porsche.

pknopp

Are you able to explain your "funny" statement? If a knight fell from a horse in the middle ages, then this means not that always all Catholics fall from a horse, when they ride into a church service with their Porsche.

What am I to explain? I quoted the Catholic church on the Catholic church. You had some sort of problem with that. It's up to you to explain.

pknopp

What am I to explain? I quoted the Catholic church on the Catholic church. You had some sort of problem with that. It's up to you to explain.

Where did you quote what, except that you spoke out your prejudices? Which source?

pknopp

Where did you quote what, except that you spoke out your prejudices? Which source?

You quoted the source when you replied to me.

pknopp

What for heavens sake do you call "source"? The opinions of other people, who have the same prejudices, which you have on your own?

Here is the text of your source:

----
Question:
Did the Church persecute left-handed people during the Middle Ages?

Answer:

Left-handedness has a long history of being considered inferior. Roman culture was superstitious, and left-handedness was associated with bad things. When Christianity became the dominant religion, some things stuck around among the culture. Up through the mid-twentieth century in the United State, some sociologists and psychologists theorized that left-handedness was associated with stubbornness and criminality. In fact, even today some cultures consider the left hand to be “dirty.”
It is most certainly true that the laity and clergy were people of their culture and therefore shared some of the superstitions of their day, including prejudices against left-handedness. However, there was never an actual Church teaching on the matter, nor was there a systematic program against left-handedness.
----

How are you able to justify with this source your statement: "The Catholic Church once believed being left handed was once a sign of being "dirty"." ???

Here a real message from the very early middle ages:

Last edited:
pknopp

What for heavens sake do you call "source"? The opinions of other people, who have the same prejudices, which you have on your own?

Here is the text of your source:

----
Question:
Did the Church persecute left-handed people during the Middle Ages?

Answer:

Left-handedness has a long history of being considered inferior. Roman culture was superstitious, and left-handedness was associated with bad things. When Christianity became the dominant religion, some things stuck around among the culture. Up through the mid-twentieth century in the United State, some sociologists and psychologists theorized that left-handedness was associated with stubbornness and criminality. In fact, even today some cultures consider the left hand to be “dirty.”
It is most certainly true that the laity and clergy were people of their culture and therefore shared some of the superstitions of their day, including prejudices against left-handedness. However, there was never an actual Church teaching on the matter, nor was there a systematic program against left-handedness.
----

How are you able to justify with this source your statement: "The Catholic Church once believed being left handed was once a sign of being "dirty"." ???

Here a real message from the very early middle age:

You quoted it.

Forum List

Back